Create Account

WFT's: Make the Case (S46)
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2019, 04:36 PM by gaby.)

The Buffalo Stampede will go from last place in the East in S45 to Challenge Cup champions in S46

For

I just finished my playoffs bracket and I have them as the winners in the finals against New Orleans. The last 2 seasons were frustrating for them as they had a good roster but somehow missed the playoffs. They have figure things out this season and can win the franchise's first Challenge Cup if they can handle the red hot Toronto North Stars

[Image: opt6vpu.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2019, 05:05 PM by sarmo.)

03-24-2019, 03:47 PMBoomcheck Wrote: [quote='sarmo' pid='2599524' dateline='1553441913']

A) Why are you playing a forward on PK defense? You are literally intending to TPE wall your lines. Are you taking bride in Watson's shots blocked? Because I disregard them entirely. He is not second among forwards in blocked shots because he as literally a defenseman on the PK. All active defensemen see big minutes? Does quality not matter? They hardly get to play with 'the best line' on the PP. You literally had 5 forwards on your first PP unit, which is why they saw those minutes. In fact when you rank PP minutes there's 6 forwards before a defenseman appears. A few other teams have that disparity, but the Chiefs are the only one that has the difference at OVER 20 MINUTES.

B) Bring it. If I could choose which team I wanted to face in a 7 game series round one for easiest competition? It's this season's Minnesota Chiefs.

C) Not sure what your response is tbh, it seems to be proving my point. Look. This isn't illegal. You're within your rights, but I do have a case that you toss your guys all over the ice in an abuse of durability/endurance. I posted the Jets line who were before in offensive efficiency, playing less minutes and Visser still outscored y'all. Bearss, his winger, performed better than any of the Chiefs forwards.

When you stop your whining and crying about how we choose to play our players, you'll realize players play out of position all the time in the nhl and pretty much all leagues. it's not unheard of. Watson played the position well and he'll probably play it again. Forwards on PP defense is common and if you check our boxscore our 2nd line defense split time with the first unit half the time. Say less bro. There is a legit reason why Simon t doesn't penalize your players playing out of position on special team. Your obsession with isn't even on topic lol

Ok if you say so but you'll learn real quick that playoffs and regular season is not the same buddy

Bottom line is the top line playing how they did is why we're top seed in the tight west and why the chiefs made the ECF twice the past 2 seasons. What y'all dont understand is we could have easily been out of the playoff picture without that line, instead we lead the scoring and got one win more than a overpowered expansion team to seal the top spot. Your clearly just throwing shade lol the line PP/20, plus/ minus stat being miles ahead of any other top line in the league says enough, MVP numbers. No other line can handle what this line did that's why we didn't see it with other teams and we can go deeper so this minutes arguement makes no sense when their efficiency was ahead of everyone else smfh. Say less. And yeah that's what it is, we're abusing endurance cause we're cheaters ?

Your argument is pretty weak sorry to say. Sounds like you just don't know when to walk away. Just take the L my guy.

Doubt is a dream killer

- The Better Conference is now.. the Eastern Conferance

AGAINST. I gotta tell ya I just don't see it. The New Orleans Specter have just been insane this season, and it's hard to pick against their conference. We'll see who ultimately emerges from the West at the end of the playoffs (Let's go Dragons) but I just find it hard to discount the West after the season New Orleans had.

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

Quote:Kelowna Knights Nickolas Klaus, Nolan Sawchuk and Bobby Sharp make up the best line in the SMJHL.

Abso-fuckin-lutely agree.

These guys easily carry the majority of the Knights' forward workload and help relieve the pressure on basically all of the Knights' other lines and defensive core. Since other key contributors are having a pretty rough down year (looking at you Kocsis), the Sawchuk-Klaus-Sharp line has basically stepped up into two higher gears to keep the Knights' fortunes rolling (alongside of Zheng emerging as a top defenseman and a PP phenom). I don't see Kelowna being such a dominant SMJHL force without this line, even though they do have some pretty nice pieces on their roster.

Believe me when I say, when Klaus and Sawchuk both graduate to the SHL next season, Kelowna is really going to feel it. They're so friggin good.

PLAYER | UPDATE
[Image: BBr47PN.png]

[Image: m9F8nRF.png]

- West Kendall Platoon missing the playoffs marks the end of a great run of prosperity.

Against, WKP was still very close to making the playoffs and only missed out cause of a horrible run at the end. We are definitely on the decline with a few key players showing age, but I wouldn't say that this is the absolute tomb stone to being a successful team.

Player Page --- Update Page
[Image: twils.gif]
Picture credit to Allen, Jenny, enigmatic, Wasty, ckroyal92, 701, and EJ

300+ Career Goals, 750+ Career Points
5th All-Time Goals Scored for WKP,
8th All-Time Goals Scored for SEA/TBB
3rd All-Time in Playoff Points
17th All-Time in Goals

6 Consecutive 50+ Point Seasons, 7 Total
Quote:"idc if ur naked if ur holding that cup" -Jenny

03-24-2019, 05:02 PMsarmo Wrote:
03-24-2019, 03:47 PMBoomcheck Wrote:
03-24-2019, 11:38 AMsarmo Wrote: A) Why are you playing a forward on PK defense? You are literally intending to TPE wall your lines. Are you taking bride in Watson's shots blocked? Because I disregard them entirely. He is not second among forwards in blocked shots because he as literally a defenseman on the PK. All active defensemen see big minutes? Does quality not matter? They hardly get to play with 'the best line' on the PP. You literally had 5 forwards on your first PP unit, which is why they saw those minutes. In fact when you rank PP minutes there's 6 forwards before a defenseman appears. A few other teams have that disparity, but the Chiefs are the only one that has the difference at OVER 20 MINUTES.

B) Bring it. If I could choose which team I wanted to face in a 7 game series round one for easiest competition? It's this season's Minnesota Chiefs.

C) Not sure what your response is tbh, it seems to be proving my point. Look. This isn't illegal. You're within your rights, but I do have a case that you toss your guys all over the ice in an abuse of durability/endurance. I posted the Jets line who were before in offensive efficiency, playing less minutes and Visser still outscored y'all. Bearss, his winger, performed better than any of the Chiefs forwards.

When you stop your whining and crying about how we choose to play our players, you'll realize players play out of position all the time in the nhl and pretty much all leagues.  it's not unheard of. Watson played the position well and he'll probably play it again.  Forwards on PP defense is common and if you check our boxscore our 2nd line defense split time with the first unit half the time. Say less bro.  There is a legit reason why Simon t doesn't penalize your players playing out of position on special team. Your obsession with isn't even on topic lol

Ok if you say so but you'll learn real quick that playoffs and regular season is not the same buddy

Bottom line is the top line playing how they did is why we're top seed in the tight west and why the chiefs made the ECF twice the past 2 seasons. What y'all dont understand is we could have easily been out of the playoff picture without that line, instead we lead the scoring and got one win more than a overpowered expansion team to seal the top spot.  Your clearly just throwing shade lol the line PP/20, plus/ minus stat being miles ahead of any other top line in the league says enough, MVP numbers. No other line can handle what this line did that's why we didn't see it with other teams and we can go deeper so this minutes arguement makes no sense when their efficiency was ahead of everyone else smfh. Say less. And yeah that's what it is, we're abusing endurance cause we're cheaters ?

Your argument is pretty weak sorry to say.  Sounds like you just don't know when to walk away.  Just take the L my guy.

You didn't even read what I typed in both responses? I clearly state that forwards have played the point in the NHL ie Kovalchuk Devils. When are they on the PK defense? Hm? I asked one question and you answer something I don't even question. You're literally agreeing with me.

The question is if they are the best line in SHL history.

Minnesota's PP20

Winnipeg's PP20

They ain't.

[Image: tuxpi-com-1618108119.jpg]

03-24-2019, 05:27 PMBoomcheck Wrote: You didn't even read what I typed in both responses? I clearly state that forwards have played the point in the NHL ie Kovalchuk Devils. When are they on the PK defense? Hm? I asked one question and you answer something I don't even question. You're literally agreeing with me.

The question is if they are the best line in SHL history.

Minnesota's PP20

Winnipeg's PP20

They ain't.

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=3703880]

[Image: lebbish.gif]

Tampa Bay Barracuda will become the first franchise to move past the 4 vs 5 game by defeating Hamilton.

FOR

Tampa Bay has a red hot goalie, which seems to be the most important sim factor when heading into the playoffs. Blue has been stellar all year, leading a less than stellar team to incredible success, and I dont see why it would stop now

[Image: Crawfling2.png]

Code:
- Tampa Bay Barracuda will become the first franchise to move past the 4 vs 5 game by defeating Hamilton.

Yes, yes we will. We're the underdogs coming up agaisnt Ben Waters and Nour Harrak's team. What do they both have a common Mr. Augment? They both suck and like to lose which is why the Barracuda will be the first franchise to move past the Steelhawks in the new playoff format.

[Image: 3.png]

After 7 seasons straight of missing the playoffs, the Manhattan Rage move into the S46 post season as 1 of the favorites to win a title.

For

The Manhattan Rage have this great thing called depth scoring and its one of the main reasons the Rage were near the top of the league points wise. you have the top line that teams try to shut down but they have 3 more lines that can score as well and not many teams have the ability or depth to shut down four complete lines.

[Image: 37Bgs1o.png]
Rage Usa raiders
DRAFTED 30TH OA S43
S42 WJC GOLD MEDAL
JESTER AWARD FINALIST S45
S45 ALL ROOKIE TEAM
S50 IIHF GOLD MEDAL
S52 CHALLENGE CUP CHAMPION

The Buffalo Stampede will go from last place in the East in S45 to Challenge Cup champions in S46

I have to disagree. I know they're good, and I bet they actually make the Cup, but I think the moves made by Minnesota at the deadline give them the edge in a best of 7 situation. That said, give credit where its due: realignment didnt seem to favor them on paper, at least at first!

1st year franchise, the New Orleans Specters are the team to beat in the Western Division playoffs

For.

There is nothing that gets the people more hyped then a new expansion team making a run, and unlike their NHL counterparts, the Specters have some very solid pieces that have been there before and can actually make a difference.

[Image: WtrC9qy.png]

FalconsJapanpride

- 1st year franchise, the New Orleans Specters are the team to beat in the Western Division playoffs

For

The Specters came out of the gate with an incredible expansion draft and then landed some major free agent signings. The team built itself up very quickly and have an exceptionally deep roster with a lot of experienced vets and some great young talent. The team was able to gel together and really got going, finishing the season in second in a tough western conference. They are poised for success in the playoffs, and I suspect that we'll be seeing them make a deep run in their first year

Battleborn  Finland     [Image: QwTZD8C.png]   [Image: uJXrVDL.png]  [Image: iemKOIk.png]     Finland  Battleborn

[Image: ecaJZ6D.jpg]
[Image: flowseidon.gif]
[Image: PRedauw.png]

Scoring in the juniors is way down this year due to all the top level talent leaving to the SHL this season

No this is due to the SMJHL being totally unwilling to have a fun league. Many times this issue has been brought up and the smjhl commissioner will look at the thread, then say nothing and leave. I find it hard to believe that he does anything at all. Why not crank up the scoring sliders a bit in the SMJHL? it would make the league more fun, even rookies would be able to score a significant amount of points, and if there are more shots overall goalie stats wouldnt hurt that much. Would be easy but the HO is unwilling to do anything cuz their lazy

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers

Thread is now closed.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria