Create Account

WFT's: Make the Case (S46)

- West Kendall Platoon missing the playoffs marks the end of a great run of prosperity.

I'm biased but this has to be a hard disagree. For sure some long and successful careers are coming to the end but we have planned well and due to having a great draft last time out are in a position to continue on the dominance established over the past five to six seasons. Ludwig Koch Shroeder and Dani Forsberg are still forces to be reckoned with and will continue that way for at least another couple of seasons while players like Ethan Ross, Wawazaat, Scherbak, Mikulak, Emerson and Derisraka come through the ranks. Bojo is evergreen, Twils and Light are still good players and if not for Tampa being carried to the playoffs by Benjamin Blue despite having easily the worst offensive stats in the league the Platoon would have made the playoffs despite being in the middle of a retool.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

- West Kendall Platoon missing the playoffs marks the end of a great run of prosperity.

I strongly, strongly disagree with this. This season itself was a gigantic fuck-up, and there were some REALLY strange results that happened. I don't see how TBB can replicate anything close to what they have this season, so I expect them to be competing with us for the bottom spot in the Atlantic next season. I'd bet $3M that WKP returns to the #1 seed in the Atlantic next season.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

- After 7 seasons straight of missing the playoffs, the Manhattan Rage move into the S46 post season as 1 of the favorites to win a title.

For

Hell yeah brother cheers from iraq how many favourites can i pick?
Thats the question, really. If this was real hockey, I'd say that we're too young to do anything. But its fake sim hockey, and god knows what simon T is up to. Are we the favourite to win it all? I wouldn't say so. But I'd hope we're definitely in the running.

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e

Code:
Code:
Scoring in the juniors is way down this year due to all the top level talent leaving to the SHL this season

Against. 

Yes top line talent leaving has had an effect, but most teams have also had an influx of newly capped talent from the massive S46 Reddit class.

Two alternative theories for why scoring is down in the juniors .

1. Almost every team is now running a capped goalie, up from only 4 last season. 

2. GMs and coaches has struggled to figure out their best line combinations. This is due to everyone trying to do it at the same time .which means teams are changing in response to an old status quo and then finding results disappointing . This might be due to classic over thinking/simming rather than reliance on theory and coaching craft/experience.

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page

03-22-2019, 10:28 AMAce Wrote: I'd bet $3M that WKP returns to the #1 seed in the Atlantic next season.

I'll take u up on that bet ace

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e

For. The West Kendall Platoon have been the best team in the SHL over the past four seasons, winning the the Challenge Cup twice and reaching the finals thrice over that span. However, this season's outcome marks the end of their reign of dominance. The core of their championship teams, players like Dani Forsberg, Alex Light, Jon Ross, Ludwig Koch Schroder, Trevor Wilson and Leafer Rielly, are all ageing and in regression. Their goalie, Beaujeaux Biscuit, is about to enter regression. After years of contnending, they are low on prospects and young players, and the ones they do have don't project to be stars at the SHL level.

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars

1st year franchise, the New Orleans Specters are the team to beat in the Western Division playoffs
After two straight SMJHL 4-Star Cup titles, St Louis Scarecrows GM JKortesi took on the same role in the new expansion franchise New Orleans Specters. Expectations weren't necessarily that high, especially for an expansion team. However, any team with JKortesi at the helm is not one to be looked over. His first pick in the expansion draft was nearly identical to the same move that Vegas made in the NHL - taking an underutilized franchise-potential goaltender in Aleister Cain. Cain ended up posting a record of 26-16-2 with a .915 save percentage and a 2.49 GAA. His stats were good for 3rd in save percentage, 1st in GAA, 1st in shutouts, and 2nd in wins. The next two picks would lock in two of the Specters' eventual top-4 scoring leaders in their inaugural season. On top of all this, they seemingly stole the spotlight in free agency, landing the offseason's biggest names on team-friendly deals. They struck gold in the SHL Entry Draft as well, landing names like Jimmy Slothface and Michael Fox, as well as later round steals like Osbert Whacker and Basil Magnicotta. With JKortesi at the helm, not only will New Orleans be the team to beat in the Western Division this year, but they will be the team to beat in the entire SHL for seasons to come.

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

03-22-2019, 10:57 AMGeckoeyGecko Wrote:
03-22-2019, 10:28 AMAce Wrote: I'd bet $3M that WKP returns to the #1 seed in the Atlantic next season.

I'll take u up on that bet ace
Let's do it.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

03-22-2019, 07:42 AMWeretarantula Wrote:
03-21-2019, 11:02 PMMCP_ Wrote: > 1st year franchise, the New Orleans Specters are the team to beat in the Western Division playoffs

Agree. They have been very consistent this season thanks to depth at key positions, so playoffs should be a good time for them. The New Orleans HO should be very proud of the team they built: it's a gud one.

BS!

They are a brand new franchise and everyone knows that you can't win the cup in your first season, you're outta your mind I tell ya! They might make a round but get further than that? When pigs fly I say!
I would like to qualify that yes, it sounds insane, but... isn't hockey as a sport itself insane? 8th seeds to champs, teams doing better or worse than projected? Literally anthing can happen. With their results, it's not out of the question.

[Image: MCP_.gif]
     [Image: ICON1.png][Image: lions-button-updates.png]

03-22-2019, 07:49 AMbluesfan55 Wrote:
03-22-2019, 04:34 AMMayuu Wrote: For - The Buffalo Stampede will go from last place in the East in S45 to Challenge Cup champions in S46

After missing playoffs with the roster they had last season Buffalo is back and meaner then ever.
Buffalo managed to balance their three lines really well with great all around production and a super solid defense.
Goalkeeping has been fantastic all year and I would not be surprised if Cedric Robinson ends another season with a bunch of medals..... as usual.

I call against. Robinson doesn’t have any SHL playoff experience, and while he is a good goalie, he could be a possible liability. Buffalo has the talent, but won’t win the cup this year. There’s far better teams.

Robinson was quite clearly a liability for the first 50 games of the season, finishing #6 in sv% and as #2 in GAA. Those are the numbers you expect from a liability on the goal line.

In all seriousness, Robinson has shown over a 44 game sample that he is capable of backstopping against every team in the league, and I think it's disingenuous to discount the numbers with intangibles like playoff experience.

(This post was last modified: 03-22-2019, 12:12 PM by karlssens.)

- Minnesota Chiefs Terrance Nova, Bobby Watson and Dick Skillstedt were the greatest line is SHL history

For.

I was going to argue the Theo Kane, Pedro Sarantez, Ivan Koroviev line back in S33 for the Blizzard was better, but they finished with 72, 69 and 56 points respectively for 1st, 2nd and 10th in league scoring and only barely managed to squeeze Edmonton in to a playoff spot. What the Chief boys did in S46 far exceeds that as they [almost] all passed Theo Kane's 72 points and locked up the top spot in a difficult western conference.

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride
(This post was last modified: 03-22-2019, 12:15 PM by bluesfan55.)

03-22-2019, 07:59 AMMayuu Wrote:
03-22-2019, 07:49 AMbluesfan55 Wrote: I call against. Robinson doesn’t have any SHL playoff experience, and while he is a good goalie, he could be a possible liability. Buffalo has the talent, but won’t win the cup this year. There’s far better teams.

I also think there's no better team, Robinson had a great first regular season. I'm confident he'll continue the great performance in the playoffs.

I can get where you’re coming from as a Buffalo player, but Presidents Trophy wins mean nothing. I know this from experience. Winning it doesn’t make you the best team in the league. Just look at SFP in S39. We won the Presidents Trophy but lost in the first round to Calgary.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

03-22-2019, 01:43 AMBlastmeaway Wrote:
03-21-2019, 04:31 PMchetib Wrote: 1st year franchise, the New Orleans Specters are the team to beat in the Western Division playoffs

BS!

New Orleans is strong in net but not much else. They do not have any defined scorers and don't have anyone they can call on when it is time to get a clutch goal. If Goaltending is anything other than extraordinary night in and night out expect this team to fall fast.

BS!

No defined scorers:
- Roman Augustus 21 Goals, 28 Assists for 49 Points. Tied for 21st in the league in scoring
- Joe Kurczewski 23 Goals, 18 Assists for 41 Points. Tied for 13th in Goals.

Clutch Goals:
- Roman Augustus 6 Game Winning Goals. Tied for 4th in the league
- Xavier Paquette 5 Game Winning Goals. Tied for 6th.
- DeMaricus Smyth 3 Game Tying Goals. Tied for 4th.

BS!

That was the most Homer response you could have fielded.

You expect to win top spot in the West with the 21st leading scorer and the 13th leading goal getter?

Look at the competition of Minnesota, they are the team to beat in the West. Straight up in Goals and Points they get consistent point production from their line up, but most especially from their top scorers. Minnesota's top line combined for 220 Points this season. New Orleans top line barely cracked 130. Further to that how many games did your goalie steal for you? At least 4 confirmed because he posted 4 shutouts which is tied for most in the league. New Orleans has a hot goalie but lacks the offence.

I am not denying New Orleans has performed well for an expansion team but lets not pretend like they are the team to beat, after all you don't make friends with salad.

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights

03-22-2019, 11:48 AMgrok Wrote:
03-22-2019, 07:49 AMbluesfan55 Wrote: I call against. Robinson doesn’t have any SHL playoff experience, and while he is a good goalie, he could be a possible liability. Buffalo has the talent, but won’t win the cup this year. There’s far better teams.

Robinson was quite clearly a liability for the first 50 games of the season, finishing #6 in sv% and as #2 in GAA. Those are the numbers you expect from a liability on the goal line.

In all seriousness, Robinson has shown over a 44 game sample that he is capable of backstopping against every team in the league, and I think it's disingenuous to discount the numbers with intangibles like playoff experience.

yes
bloos back at it again with shitty hot takes

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

03-22-2019, 12:16 PMbluesfan55 Wrote:
03-22-2019, 11:48 AMgrok Wrote: Robinson was quite clearly a liability for the first 50 games of the season, finishing #6 in sv% and as #2 in GAA. Those are the numbers you expect from a liability on the goal line.

yes
bloos back at it again with shitty hot takes

glad your self aware buddy

RETIRED