Create Account

WFT's: Make the Case (S46)
(This post was last modified: 03-22-2019, 02:46 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

[Image: 4akmnuq.png]

Here Yee here Yee .. order in the point task!  I am here today to introduce to you a new weekend undertaking which will be added once a season called 'MAKE THE CASE' .. a PT to comment, reply and discuss some of the leagues most discussable topics!

Task: Choose 1 or more of the topics below. Begin your task with the word 'For' or 'Against' and then make the case for what ever side you chose! but be sure to give good reasons and back up your claims because someone on the other side of the topic may call 'BS!' and counter your post!  

A 'For', 'Against' or 'BS!' post that meets our 25 word or more criteria will receive 1 TPE.. while 10 members will be chosen as 'Participation+' members and recieve an additonal 1 uncapped TPE!

Our Make the Case topics are:

Code:
- Minnesota Chiefs Terrance Nova, Bobby Watson and Dick Skillstedt were the greatest line is SHL history

Code:
- The Buffalo Stampede will go from last place in the East in S45 to Challenge Cup champions in S46

Code:
- After 7 seasons straight of missing the playoffs, the Manhattan Rage move into the S46 post season as 1 of the favorites to win a title.

Code:
- West Kendall Platoon missing the playoffs marks the end of a great run of prosperity.

Code:
- Calgary capturing a playoff spot on the final day over Texas is a complete shock.

Code:
- 1st year franchise, the New Orleans Specters are the team to beat in the Western Division playoffs

Code:
- Tampa Bay Barracuda will become the first franchise to move past the 4 vs 5 game by defeating Hamilton.

Code:
- The Better Conference is now.. the Eastern Conferance

SMJHL Topics:

Code:
Kelowna Knights Nickolas Klaus, Nolan Sawchuk and Bobby Sharp make up the best line in the SMJHL

Code:
Scoring in the juniors is way down this year due to all the top level talent leaving to the SHL this season

Code:
This is the 1st year since S40 that Halifax isnt in the bottom 2 of the standings, The franchise has officialy turned the corner.

THIS PT IS FOR SHL PLAYERS AND SEND DOWNS. IT IS NOT FOR SMJHL ROOKIES.

**All posts and replies are expected to stay respectful. Any posts which turns malicious will not be graded.**
Deadline: Sunday, 10 PM EDT

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

- The Better Conference is now.. the Eastern Conference

Against. 

New England were dead-bottom-of-the barrel last this season so this is just clearly propaganda being spread by the fake SHL news media. The Wolfpack are one of the core teams of this league, when they aren't doing well then neither is the rest of the conference. Some might argue that their downfall is the reason the rest of the conference is doing so well, to that I say you're just an apologist to those filthy westerners.

[Image: owenm43.gif]
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]

Code:
- 1st year franchise, the New Orleans Specters are the team to beat in the Western Division playoffs

Yeah, it's true. New Orleans went out and grabbed every single free agent that they could, and made themselves desirable. They're much further along than they should be. They're not flashy, but they're solid... especially in goal. Cain will carry the team.

Update PageWhalers | Wolfpack | Player Page

Jack Durden:

Season 24 - *4 Star Cup Champions - Vancouver Whalers*
Season 36 - *Challenge Cup Champions - Texas Renegades*
Season 36 - *Anton Razov Trophy Winner - Playoff MVP - Texas Renegades*
Season 41 - *IIHF Gold Medalist - Team United Kingdom*
Season 41 - *Triple Gold Member*
**Vancouver Whalers Hall of Fame**
**Texas Renegades Hall of Fame**
**Hall of Fame Member**

Code:
- After 7 seasons straight of missing the playoffs, the Manhattan Rage move into the S46 post season as 1 of the favorites to win a title.

Against

Sure they had a great season but as favorites to win the title? That might be going to far. Buffalo Stampede has been putting up great numbers in every category and it puts them clear in the lead while also taking the presidents trophy. There can be an argument for TOR Stars, as everybody is aware is HOT AF with 12 a huge 12 game win streak and while that is great to run that hot going into the playoffs a hot streak does not define a team, a team needs consistency in a playoffs so I would take buffalo as the favorite still.

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-21-2019, 03:58 PM by BDonini.)

is this open to SMJHL rookies as well or just to drafted SHL players? @Mike Izzy

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

03-21-2019, 03:57 PMBDonini Wrote: is this open to SMJHL rookies as well or just to drafted SHL players? @Mike Izzy

ahh, thanks for reminding me, i forgot to add that to the PT.
THIS PT IS FOR SHL PLAYERS AND SEND DOWNS. IT IS NOT FOR SMJHL ROOKIES.

Cheers

Knights|Dragons|Austria

- West Kendall Platoon missing the playoffs marks the end of a great run of prosperity.

Against, unless the team completely blew up (which it might fuck if I keep up with this league), you dont just see a multi cup winner just crash out and burn like that. Every team can have an off season here and there and simonT is a bitch, so clearly that is what happened here. Next season we`ll see them back and winning cups n shit.

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

- The Better Conference is now.. the Eastern Conferance

Agreed.

For pretty much my entire time on the SHL I've considered the west to be the better conference. I remember multiple seasons where the 1st-5th teams were separated by as little as 4 points at seasons end and the races being insanely close while the east generally had 2 good teams and 3 mediocre teams. This season if you were to take the top place team in the west and move them to the east they would only qualify for the very last play-off spot. I think right now the middle of the pack teams in both the west/east are very comparable but 4 of the top 5 teams are currently in the east, so I think that gives the east the advantage when it comes to their overall conference.

[Image: 57879_s.gif]
[Image: 37742_s.gif]
[Image: jov7Yk9.png]

"“HA HA! THIS GAME WILL NEVER END! I POSSESS THE SOUL OF EVERY GOALIE ON TEAM B!! CREW 4 LIFE!! SIGN WITH EDMONTON FOR THE CUP!!!” cackled Belial as he placed a Fedora on his head."
SMJHL Commisioner S17-S26
Calgary Dragons GM S14-S23
(This post was last modified: 03-21-2019, 04:14 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

03-21-2019, 03:56 PMTnlAstatine Wrote:
Code:

Against

Sure they had a great season but as favorites to win the title? That might be going to far. Buffalo Stampede  has been putting up great numbers in every category and it puts them clear in the lead while also taking the presidents trophy. There can be an argument for TOR Stars, as everybody is aware is HOT AF with 12 a huge 12 game win streak and while that is great to run that hot going into the playoffs a hot streak does not define a team, a team needs consistency in a playoffs so I would take buffalo as the favorite still.

i think im calling BS on that..

Manhatten with 5 players over 40 points and 7 over 35... there overall team TPE could be higher but im guessing a good mind like @JayWhy is getting the best out of the builds of these young players. Crawfling's build is at a number where he could win them a game on his play and that Luke trade was big.. I think they could win it all.

Knights|Dragons|Austria

Code:

Against.

While the Rage had a good season, I still think their team is not mature enough to make it out of the East in the playoffs. Buffalo and Toronto have been up there for a couple of seasons now and I expect one of them to get the Eastern Conference title.

Nor Ge

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]

1st year franchise, the New Orleans Specters are the team to beat in the Western Division playoffs

BS!

New Orleans is strong in net but not much else. They do not have any defined scorers and don't have anyone they can call on when it is time to get a clutch goal. If Goaltending is anything other than extraordinary night in and night out expect this team to fall fast.

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights

Gotta agree here. Much like the Vegas Golden Knights of the SHL, the Specters have come and dominated straight out of the gate. GM Joe has shown that his back-to-back Four Star Cups with St. Louis were much more than a fluke and he is one the great GM's currently in the SHL.

[Image: hvt8Jek.png]
G Billy Sorokin, #60
S45 - S48: St. Louis Scarecrows
S49 - Present: Chicago Syndicate
S46 100th Overall SHL Draft Pick, Chicago Syndicate
Four-Star Cup Champion - S45, S46*
SMJHL Regular Season Wins Leader - S46, S47, S48
*Starter

03-21-2019, 04:11 PMMike Izzy Wrote:
03-21-2019, 03:56 PMTnlAstatine Wrote:
Code:

Against

Sure they had a great season but as favorites to win the title? That might be going to far. Buffalo Stampede  has been putting up great numbers in every category and it puts them clear in the lead while also taking the presidents trophy. There can be an argument for TOR Stars, as everybody is aware is HOT AF with 12 a huge 12 game win streak and while that is great to run that hot going into the playoffs a hot streak does not define a team, a team needs consistency in a playoffs so I would take buffalo as the favorite still.

i think im calling BS on that..

Manhatten with 5 players over 40 points and 7 over 35... there overall team TPE could be higher but im guessing a good mind like @JayWhy is getting the best out of the builds of these young players. Crawfling's build is at a number where he could win them a game on his play and that Luke trade was big.. I think they could win it all.

hmm if we are going based off of GMs utilizing players I gotta go with my boy @Tomen . I always ask him for help with the technical simonT stuff. Seems to know his stuff inside, upside backwards and forwards.

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

03-21-2019, 04:35 PMTnlAstatine Wrote:
03-21-2019, 04:11 PMMike Izzy Wrote: i think im calling BS on that..

hmm if we are going based off of GMs utilizing players I gotta go with my boy @Tomen . I always ask him for help with the technical simonT stuff. Seems to know his stuff inside, upside backwards and forwards.

I can believe that.

Knights|Dragons|Austria

1st year franchise, the New Orleans Specters are the team to beat in the Western Division playoffs

For, The Specters have so much talent and decent depth which will cause problems for any team that goes up against them. @JKortesi81 has shown many times how good of a GM he is, and he knows what it will take to win it all this year and has the roster to make it a reality.