Create Account

WFT's: Make the Case (S46)

- West Kendall Platoon missing the playoffs marks the end of a great run of prosperity.

AGAINST

The Platoon missed the playoffs by two wins, and one of those could have been a overtime/shootout win. The point is they definitely weren't a bad team this year and they won't be in a bad shape next season, and the next few seasons after that have some good prospects coming up. Points wise they preformed better than most teams in the western conference. Any drought in prosperity would not last long.
(This post was last modified: 03-21-2019, 10:00 PM by Boomcheck.)

03-21-2019, 06:58 PMDaco Wrote:
03-21-2019, 05:49 PMBoomcheck Wrote:
Code:
- Minnesota Chiefs Terrance Nova, Bobby Watson and Dick Skillstedt were the greatest line is SHL history

Against

Their line stacking and using forwards without paying the penalty for position changes actually BOTHERS me. What the f is Watson doing playing defense on the PK when he doesn't even have defense as a strength. I would take a more balanced line of Jesus-Visser-Bearss any day of the week.

Minnesota's PP20

Winnipeg's PP20

I'd like to see Minnesota's top line actually stick up for each other, bunch of endurance abusing soft as toilet paper suckers.

BS, see my last post you are just a salty wahhh hater oh no someone beat yo ass? Better go cry about it that'll help

You don't think if Malkin Crosby and Kessel could play that many minutes they wouldn't? The ability to produce so efficiently with not getting tired and still being peak superstar is an accomplishment in itself. Why don't other teams just whip out a historic season if it's that easy? Don't talk about things you know nothing about lol

'Cept Malkin, Crosby and Kessel don't. This isn't just Minnesota, I don't like forwards playing that much more than d-men in any time period. I complained when McZ was busting this out. But you know, this season no other team has their entire top line in the top 10 in minutes played.

Why in the f is Watson playing defense on the PK? Why am I wrong for believing that teams shouldn't be allowed to fill a forward everywhere they want? Especially when it's not even the player's strength.

Chiefs top line isn't the best in history and they soft as charmin ultra. The Chiefs organization is so disappointed in their players that they only trust a handful of players to do anything, clearly.

That Jets line produced way more efficiently. 2 of them posted 70+ points in 23ish AMG while the other had 50 points in only 19 AMG.

[Image: tuxpi-com-1618108119.jpg]

- 1st year franchise, the New Orleans Specters are the team to beat in the Western Division playoffs

The New Orleans Specters came into the season with huge expectations. After acquiring former league MVP Oisin Fletcher, Piotr Czerkawski, as well as Joe K, Roman Augustus, and Demarcus Smythe, the Specters come into the playoffs as a stacked offensive force. Expect the Specters to continue their explosive, exciting offense deep into the playoffs.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

[Image: scarn.png]

[Image: m59RPb7.png] [Image: czechup.png]
[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]
(This post was last modified: 03-21-2019, 10:16 PM by Wawazat.)

Code:
- Minnesota Chiefs Terrance Nova, Bobby Watson and Dick Skillstedt were the greatest line is SHL history

Against

As ridiculous as the the flightless birds in Pittsburgh are ..so are the land of ten thousand lakes One Line Wonders..These jaw dropping results are obviously the result of Lance Armstrong Blood Doping.
Add to that was the Minnesota managements season long constant shuttle flights to SoCal to smuggle the Secret Menu, Animal Style, Protien wrapped, In-N-Out Burgers.

[Image: kuezki5452f01.jpg]

It obvious both Nova and Watson have benefitted from the Keto effect of this diet.

[Image: Untitled-5.jpg][Image: 189-1895167_american-flag-superman-logo.png]

UPDATE PAGE

Quote:S56 WJC AWARDS
“Our third award is one that is dear to my heart as a SHL goaltender… The Peter Larson Award for the Top Goalie! This is voted by the GMs and considers both the round robin and medal rounds. The S56 Winner of the Peter Larson Award is….…
C.K. Supernaw! “

Battleborn Usa

(This post was last modified: 03-21-2019, 10:48 PM by StadiumGambler.)

-The Buffalo Stampede will go from last place in the East in S45 to Challenge Cup champions in S46

AGAINST

Sports of any kind THRIVE on narratives. Buffalo is a sports city filled with nothing but broken dreams and hopes fallen short. The Stampede (having never won a Cup but being favoured to win by some pundits) need to lose in heartbreaking fashion via first or second round chokejob to disappoint the locals and continue the narrative, otherwise sports YouTubers and random media trolls won't have a dead horse to beat up on. We can't have that!

Also, assuming they get through their conference, New Orleans is pretty good and could bop them in the finals under normal circumstances with a dangerous Top 6, and Aleister Cain is proving that his user agent is a memer and full of it when he assesses his own player as bad and a bust. NO will get the Challenge Cup victory this year to justify the SHL's expansion plans and hit their window, meaning everyone on the core can retire and do coke with their contract money.

[Image: 0K3YdqN.png]

Agent of Nick Brain: Center/Right Winger - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of John Torrance: Advisor to the General Manager - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of Anatoli Terrorov: Head Coach - Colorado Raptors

Nick Brain Player Profile: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91326
Nick Brain Update Thread: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91332
(This post was last modified: 03-22-2019, 02:22 AM by Wawazat.)

03-21-2019, 10:39 PMStadiumGambler Wrote: -The Buffalo Stampede will go from last place in the East in S45 to Challenge Cup champions in S46

AGAINST

Sports of any kind THRIVE on narratives. Buffalo is a sports city filled with nothing but broken dreams and hopes fallen short. The Stampede, being favoured to win by some pundits, need to lose in heartbreaking fashion via first or second round chokejob to disappoint the locals and continue the narrative, otherwise sports YouTubers and random media trolls won't have a dead horse to beat up on. We can't have that!

Also, assuming they get through their conference, New Orleans is pretty good and could bop them in the finals under normal circumstances with a dangerous Top 6, and Aleister Cain is proving that his user agent is a memer and full of it when he assesses his own player as bad and a bust. NO will get the Challenge Cup victory this year to justify the SHL's expansion plans and hit their window, meaning everyone on the core can retire and do coke with their contract money.

Totally agree with this assessment. And this thought was the basis of my playoff bracket..Its obvious @StadiumGambler is my doppelgänger. Either that or I'm his multi..Now play Evil Twin by Anthrax.

[Image: Untitled-5.jpg][Image: 189-1895167_american-flag-superman-logo.png]

UPDATE PAGE

Quote:S56 WJC AWARDS
“Our third award is one that is dear to my heart as a SHL goaltender… The Peter Larson Award for the Top Goalie! This is voted by the GMs and considers both the round robin and medal rounds. The S56 Winner of the Peter Larson Award is….…
C.K. Supernaw! “

Battleborn Usa

> This is the 1st year since S40 that Halifax isnt in the bottom 2 of the standings, The franchise has officialy turned the corner.

Agree. The fact that they have a productive first line helps them out a lot. Add that and the fact they have depth at forward and defense and you have a fairly good team that can do damage.

> 1st year franchise, the New Orleans Specters are the team to beat in the Western Division playoffs

Agree. They have been very consistent this season thanks to depth at key positions, so playoffs should be a good time for them. The New Orleans HO should be very proud of the team they built: it's a gud one.

> Tampa Bay Barracuda will become the first franchise to move past the 4 vs 5 game by defeating Hamilton.

Agree. Team bias aside, the Barracuda have held the Steelhawks fairly well, with the fact most of the games between the two went into overtime or shootout. If Tampa can reign it in a bit, and if Benjamin Blue can continue being Benjamin Blue, there is more than a good chance Tampa can take it.

[Image: MCP_.gif]
     [Image: ICON1.png][Image: lions-button-updates.png]

- Tampa Bay Barracuda will become the first franchise to move past the 4 vs 5 game by defeating Hamilton.

Against

Lol no. The Barracuda have had an admirable season in a tightly packed Eastern conference, but I think people are sleeping on the Hamilton Steelhawks. The Hawks have the fearsome trio of Angelo Odjick, Robert Phelps, and Vijanupatan Singh up front, a potent second line featuring Alexander Zajac, and a stalwart top four defense consisting of Ben Dover, Nour Harrak, JP Gay and assumably another player. I have the Hawks going all the way in my bracket, and as a completely unbiased and neutral observer I believe this is a reasonable and correct position to take.

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

1st year franchise, the New Orleans Specters are the team to beat in the Western Division playoffs

Agree

The Specters came into the season with high expectations after a great expansion draft. The defense came through and Aleister Cain allowed the fewest goals against as the Specters locked up the first ever Southwest Division title. The Specters came in 2nd to the Chiefs in the Western Conference but they are polar opposite teams. While the Chiefs were a 1 line team with contributions from a second the Specters are 3 lines deep with a fourth that may be the best in the league. Toss onto that 3 solid defensive pairings and you have a deadly team ready to shut down their opponents.

- 1st year franchise, the New Orleans Specters are the team to beat in the Western Division playoffs

Against

Although the Specters have ended their inaugural season with an impressive second place, the team to beat in the Western Conference are none other than the Minnesota Chiefs.
The Chiefs surprised everyone this season as many even within the team didn't expect to perform so well and the first line who ended up dominating the points in the league added with key deadline trades at the blue line makes the Chiefs the team to beat they who have proven that although their lead goalie allows several goals a game does not seem to be an issue for the team in front of him.

03-21-2019, 04:31 PMchetib Wrote: 1st year franchise, the New Orleans Specters are the team to beat in the Western Division playoffs

BS!

New Orleans is strong in net but not much else. They do not have any defined scorers and don't have anyone they can call on when it is time to get a clutch goal. If Goaltending is anything other than extraordinary night in and night out expect this team to fall fast.

BS!

No defined scorers:
- Roman Augustus 21 Goals, 28 Assists for 49 Points. Tied for 21st in the league in scoring
- Joe Kurczewski 23 Goals, 18 Assists for 41 Points. Tied for 13th in Goals.

Clutch Goals:
- Roman Augustus 6 Game Winning Goals. Tied for 4th in the league
- Xavier Paquette 5 Game Winning Goals. Tied for 6th.
- DeMaricus Smyth 3 Game Tying Goals. Tied for 4th.

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]
(This post was last modified: 03-22-2019, 01:59 AM by sharksisback. Edit Reason: Makin my point stronger than Mark Henry don't mind me )

Quote:This is the 1st year since S40 that Halifax isnt in the bottom 2 of the standings, The franchise has officialy turned the corner.

For

Halifax may have been a laughing stock for years, but their recent drafting has shown that they've seemingly turned the corner. They've drafted numerous solid players in Matt Kholin, Troy Reynolds, Perry Morgan, Andrej Doskocil, Jimmy Slothface and Mike McKorsy all in the same draft. With trades with Michael Scarn and Nikolai Evans, Halifax has shown a determination to make a sustained push for the 4 Star Cup. It's looking increasingly doubtful that all of the S45 draftees leave at once, so their remaining presence on the team should prevent a steep, immediate drop off in the near future. This along with a solid S46 draft, getting incredible value on their picks with Esa and Joseph Laraque, the Raiders have a strong core going into the future and should remain a threat, rather than regressing to old ways.

Big Walter Ulrich
S69 Prospect

Agreed. After the Blizzard won the cup the following players from that roster joined the Specters:

Joe Kurczewski - 2LW
Oisin Fletcher - 2C
Piotr Czerkawski - 1LW
DeMaricus Smyth - 1C
Aleister Cain - Starting Goalie

Without even looking at the rest of their roster you have to assume that's a playoff team. But then you factor in getting Roman Augustus, Adam Kaiser, Richard Physt and Clint Eastwood and you have the best team in the SHL.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

Quote:The Buffalo Stampede will go from last place in the East in S45 to Challenge Cup champions in S46

For.

The fact that Buffalo even missed the playoffs at all during the last 2 seasons was a massive fluke. The fact that Buffalo has managed to lose in the first round 6 out of 7 times visiting the playoffs is a massive fluke- especially when 3 of them were game 7 losses, and on at least one of the others we were screwed by simmer error. The fact that anyone was stupid enough to underestimate Buffalo's roster for so long is a colossal fluke. Anything less than winning the cup would be a massive disappointment.

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

For - After 7 seasons straight of missing the playoffs, the Manhattan Rage move into the S46 post season as 1 of the favorites to win a title.
With such a random sim engine any team can and should be considered to win a title. We had powerhouses like Buffalo that missed the playoffs while should be on the top in S44/45 or Texas this season.

[Image: Too9kfy.png]
 Player Page  |  Update Page