Create Account

S46 Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2019, 08:01 PM by Eggy216.)

TASK 1: (Written, 3 TPE)
Well, seeing as this was my rookie season I have to say I'm pretty happy with how things turned out. For a brief moment Dash was in the top ten for hits in the league which is pretty crazy to think about considering it was just her first season in the league, so even though the cards didn't end up falling that way at the year's end that's still something I'm really proud about. I ended up with 164 hits on the year which was 5 out of the leaderboard, so I was almost there. With 6 goals and 9 assists for 15 points on the season that's probably a tad bit higher than I was expecting to see so I was really pleased with that as well. Next season I'll be looking to improve on all of those numbers, but for a rookie year I'm more than satisfied. I'll be focusing heavily on my offensive stats to try and blow expectations out of the water next year.

Task 3: (Written, up to 5 TPE)
Pick up to 5 challenge cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth '1' TPE. Each answer must be 50 words or more.

1. I'd have to say that the edge here goes to Buffalo. While both TDZ and Kortesi have pretty lengthy resumes when it comes to their GM history, this is entirely from the SMJHL. Yes, the SMJHL provides great experience, but you've got rookie SHL GMs up against one of the longest tenured GM pairings in the league. While NOR has a bit more experience in regards to expansion drafts, this is a playoff series. Edge to Buffalo for sure.
2. I'd say the edge between the goalies goes to Buffalo's Cedric Robinson. While Cain has faced about 3.5 more shots per game than Robinson, I don't think that really makes up for the fact that Robinson sports a lower goals against average and a higher save percentage. Both goalies are definitely two of the top in the league, but bewteen the two I'd give the nod to Buffalo's goaltender.
5. Personally I'd say the all star game should go to Buffalo, and I'm only slightly biased because that's my hometown. It's a city that loves its hockey and has been really lifting itself up, building itself anew from the ground up to become a destination once more. There's a lot of space in which various fan events could be held, and neighboring harborcenter provides easy hotel access for media and players. It's a great place to send the all-star game, and I think the fans would be more than thrilled to see it happen.
6. You're going to want to watch out for New Orleans' second line. Smyth, Kurczewski and Paquette are a force to be reckoned with, all three of them in the league's top ten in goal scoring. It's amazing to think that the second line has been the lethal one, rather than the first, but it seems that the team has been able to take advantage of their depth to punish other teams' lack of it. They've been firing on all cylinders and Buffalo's going to want to be sure to shut down that line, not just the top one.
7. I'd have to say Roman Augustus of the New Orleans Specters. While he's not leading the team in scoring, he's been providing depth scoring which every team needs if they want to be successful. With 4 goals and 3 assists for 7 points, he's been pretty reliable throughout the post season. He's also been logging a bit of time on both PP and PK, just doing what he can to give the team ever little edge they can get.

Task 9: (Written, 3 TPE)
This looks to be one of the most exciting Challenge Cup Finals the league has ever seen. Not only do we have two teams looking to win the Challenge Cup for the first time in franchise history, we're looking at two teams who have never even made a finals appearance before. If the New Orleans Specters want to take home the league's ultimate prize at the end of this series they're going to need to continue to get some good puck luck. Joe Kurczewski was 8th in the league this season with a shooting percentage over 15%, so they'll need the bounces to continue going their way here in the finals. Meanwhile for Buffalo the key is going to be getting that second line on the ice as much as possible - Konig and Marius were two of the best players in the league for a reason this season, so if that continues Buffalo could have a relatively easy path to the finals ahead.

Task 13: (Written, 3 TPE)
The ad starts with the Challenge Cup playoffs logo on the screen, which fades away leaving a black screen. The screen remains as such for three seconds, before the words "That's where we would've put these teams' past challenge cup appearances. // If we had any." appear on the screen. These fade away, giving way to the word "History," behind which highlights from the Buffalo Stampede's playoff run thus far begin to play. After two seconds the word history fades out while the highlights continue to play. After three more seconds the highlights cut to the Specters and the word "Will" appears on screen. The same pattern happens with this, until a few seconds later when the screen goes back to black, the music comes to a head, and the words "be made." are all that remain. This fades out, and the information for game one appears on the screen, with no other sound. With this simple screen the ad comes to a close.

TASK 14: (*CASUAL MEMBER SPECIAL* Send answer in PM, up to 3 TPE)

PM'd

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

Code:
TASK 1: (Written, 3 TPE)
For most players season 46 is over and you have had a bit of time to reflect on your season. Talk to us about how you did.. what were some of your players best and worst moments? what were your overall numbers? did you meet your individual goals? what areas in your game were you happy with and what areas fell short? Must be [u]150[/u] words or more.

Well, any season that ends in a Championship is one that I consider to be successful. Regardless of my own personal numbers, that's all that matters. Getting them back to back is amazing, and a feeling that people rarely get to experience.

As for personal statistics, I'm a bit disappointed. I blew up in pre-season. I had the second most points in the league (26/24/50) and was feeling great. My plus minus was +21, so I figured I was doing super awesome.

Then we get to the regular season and things didn't go as well. I finished with 16 goals, 20 assists and 36 points, but had a NEGATIVE FOUR. That's garbage.

As for the leaderboards, I finished in 22nd place. A far drop from 2nd... by a point. I'm not sure what happened, but I'm definitely going to work harder next season. It might be my last chance to shine in the SMJHL.

Code:
Task 3: (Written, up to 5 TPE)
Pick up to 5 challenge cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth '[u]1[/u]' TPE. Each answer must be [u]50[/u] words or more.

2. Between Cedric Robinson and Aleister Cain which goalie would you say had the more impressive run towards this championship series, and why?
5. You have been asked by the league to choose a destination for next seasons all star game and its between New Orleans and Buffalo, which city did you decide should get this important league event and why?
6. Who are the 3 most dangerous players on the ice in this series and why?
7. Who has been there teams surprise player/unsung hero in the post season and why?..must include at least 1 stat to back up claim.

2. Between Robinson and Cain, Cain was definitely hotter coming into these playoffs. He's been carrying New Orleans on his back, with his .915 save percentage, and 2.49 goals against average. The best part about Cain though is that he's an S43 draftee, which means he has a TON of time left in the league. He's got such an upside to him that it's hard to pick against him.

5. Buffalo definitely deserves the next all-star game. They've got some die hard fans in Western New York, and there's nothing better than a hockey game at the Key Bank Center. The fans deserve it and the area around the arena is great. There's places for food, beer, and the all new Harbor Center that just drives people crazy. It's a great place to go skate, see some sights and spend time with friends and family. Buffalo has it all.

6. Kurczewski is putting up insane numbers, with 23 points in 20 games, and coming in at a +6. He's great on both sides of the ice and makes teams shake when he steps out.

Konig is another dynamic offensive player, with 20 points in 17 games. He's also a +11. He's the most productive player for Buffalo and a big reason they've done so well.

Finally is Hamilton. He's literally a danger on the ice. He's second in the playoffs for hits with 69 but has also managed to put up 19 points while laying bodies out.

7. One of the unsung heroes in this series is Xavier Paquette. He's 3rd in scoring, so it's easy to overlook him. But he's played an amazing game. He's scored 21 points in 20 games, and he makes his shots count. He put away 17% of his shots, and stayed smart in his own end. He had a +8 and only took 2 penalty minutes. He wasn't the biggest workhorse with 19 minutes a game, but did the most he could with the time he was given.

Code:
Task 5: (Written, 3 TPE)
Ooof, you happened to walk into one of the challenge cup teams locker room and witnessed a truly shocking visual which left you stunned! You closed your eyes and quickly left the premises... word has gotten out that something went down in the LR but the details are murky.. HO is investigating the matter and asking you 'the eye witness' to explain what happened! Must be 150 words or more. *tag anyone involved*

Oof is right. I walked into the New Orleans Spectre's locker room and found @Jkortesi running around naked with a title belt strapped around his waist. But it wasn't one from Triple H, nor was it one that you buy on the WWE website and take to shows. It was one of those little dinky plastic ones that barely fit around your waist. Luckily(?) it was JKort, so I didn't see anything, but he was making everyone really uncomfortable. I don't even know why the GM would be naked in the locker room. It's just odd.

I guarantee that some of the dudes on that team are scarred for life, and I'm sure that's why HO is putting their nose in there. Although that's a terrible thing to put into a smelly locker room. I just know that I can't look at JKort the same ever again... and If I do I'm going to make damn sure it's not in a locker room.

Code:
Task 9: (Written, 3 TPE)
You have been asked to spend a few minutes on air with the series commentators during the game 1 preshow! During that segment they ask you to do a full break down on the series... in 150 words or more tell them who you believe is the favorite and who is the underdog of this series and why.. as well as your thoughts on what each team needs to do or not do to win the challenge cup.

In all honesty, I see the New Orleans Spectres as the underdogs here. They've done what Vegas has done and in their first ever season, made it to the Cup Finals. This was done by bringing in a ton of free agents, and working hard on the ice. But regardless of that, they're a new team that has to prove themselves. They have to take a bunch of guys that aren't used to playing with one another and make it work.

While Buffalo has had their own growing pains, they're further along in this process than New Orleans. They've tasted the playoffs and have an inkling of what to do.

Buffalo needs to overcome their past failings in the playoffs, and of being an up and down team. They need to remain consistent if they want to win.

For New Orleans, they need to keep on keepin on. They need to stay hot and know that there's a huge weight on their shoulders for being in the position they're in.

Task 14 (3 TPE)
Sent!

Update PageWhalers | Wolfpack | Player Page

Jack Durden:

Season 24 - *4 Star Cup Champions - Vancouver Whalers*
Season 36 - *Challenge Cup Champions - Texas Renegades*
Season 36 - *Anton Razov Trophy Winner - Playoff MVP - Texas Renegades*
Season 41 - *IIHF Gold Medalist - Team United Kingdom*
Season 41 - *Triple Gold Member*
**Vancouver Whalers Hall of Fame**
**Texas Renegades Hall of Fame**
**Hall of Fame Member**
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2019, 08:49 PM by Grapehead.)

Task 1: (3 TPE)

S46 was a big leap forward for Charlie Schieck, who took the lessons learned from an inconsistent and put in a lot of effort over the offseason to bulk up. The SHL chewed him up and spit him out as a rookie, but he was forced into a much bigger role than he was capable of handling at the time. In S46, Schieck took on a role that was continuously changing throughout the season, and Charlie thrived under the pressure this time around. He matched his rookie output for goals (5) but more than doubled his assists (13 in S45 to 32 in S46), at times leading the team in scoring even. The Pride will need more more more from Schieck in S47 and Charlie seems more than up to the task of shouldering an even bigger workload. If Schieck can continue to improve next season, then the Pride will no doubt have the strongest defensive group in the league.

Task 3: (4 TPE)

1. This is a really tough call, because I feel like I’m pretty familiar with many of the GMs involved here. I worked with Joe briefly in Montreal, and have worked closely with him as GMs in the SMJHL. Tomen joined the site during the same draft class as me and Joe, and I’ve had the opportunity to chat with him on several occasions about strategy. WBF has been a rival GM of mine for as long as I’ve had the job, and I’ve gone toe to toe with him on a strategic level. TDZ is probably the one I feel I have the worst read on. Anyway, WBF and Tomen are my choice.

2. It’s always hard to try and determine the better goalie heading into a finals series, because both have played phenomenally to get their teams where they are at. Aleister Cain is the more seasoned goalie for sure, but Cedric Robinson has been no slouch and led Buffalo marching into the finals. I’ve gotta give the nod to Robinson though, because he’s just found a way to keep his team in there every game.

4. For NOLA I’ve gotta go with my boy Sean Stevenson Jr. This guy will absolutely be the next big stud for the Specters, and they’ve got a total beauty of a defender there. He’s making life hard for every opposition player, and the coaching staff is getting more comfortable deploying him to shutdown the top players. For Buffalo, it looks like Cedric Robinson is about to be a household name, especially in the city of Buffalo. Robinson has found a glorious opportunity with the Stampede, and really thrived with the new opportunity.

5. How can you not pick New Orleans for the next All-Star game!? The city is notorious for its ability to throw killer parties, and the atmosphere around the city is electrifying even on your average day. The league has done a smart thing in expanding into Louisiana, and now they need to take the next logical step and start using the fame of New Orleans to promote their brand.

Task 5: (3 TPE)

I don’t know exactly what compelled me to stroll into the Buffalo Stampede locker room just ahead of their game 7 showdown with NOLA… The Stampede had this yappy little bison that I used to make fun of all the time. I thought it was real stupid-looking and annoying. But let me tell you, I didn't make fun of it after the time it saved my life. How did it save my live? It's a long story. Too long to tell here. But I can tell you it was full of excitement and danger, and afterwards I never made fun of that bison again. Well, I suppose I can at least try to tell the story. I'm still not sure I believe it myself, so many strange and fantastic things happened. Briefly what happened, though, is this: I was walking through the Buffalo dressing room when I heard a noise. I turned. You know what? This story is just too hard to try to tell here. Just believe it when I say that the bison came out of nowhere to attack a ghost. Where did the ghost come from? Okay, I guess I can at least tell that part. No, I'm going to change my mind again. It's just too hard to explain - although if I did explain it, you would be glued to the edge of your seat.
Maybe someday I'll tell the story of the bison and the ghost. No, I won't. It's a good one though.

Task 7: (3 TPE)

Ahead of the S46 Challenge Cup Finals the league, in collaboration with the cities of Buffalo and New Orleans, have put together a series of charity concerts to take place in both cities. The concerts will coincide with the games being played during the series, and will feature bands local to each team travelling with them to the games. Fans will be encouraged to bring food items to donate, as well as contribute to a “pay what you can” entry fee, but they’ll have access to day long festivities, as well as autograph sessions and free afternoon skates at the rinks. Everything raised through the concert festivities will be donated to a group of charities agreed upon by both teams, the cities, and the league. For more information on which charities will be involved which bands will be playing, what time the events will be taking place, and where you can buy advanced tickets, visit either either team’s webpage or the main SHL website.

Task 14: (3 TPE)

PM sent to PT Director

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

Task 1
For the first time in his career, Ti-Guy was penciled as the #1 d-man on a team. As a physical defensive d-man, he never expected to be in that spot one day. Even with plenty of ice time, his offensive numbers remained quite low. He was also at some point in the leaderboard for hits and shot blocks. He help a rebuilding Tampa Bay team holding a playoffs spot until he was traded to Minnesota in the trade deadline. It allowed him to participate in the playoffs for his 2nd time in his career and scoring his first post season goal. Also won his first series, but turned out to be a liability against New Orleans taking bad penalties costing his team. Ti-Guy is in his prime years and has not much time left to improve. He's looking to improve his cardio and maybe tone down his physical play and play smarter.

Task 3
1. Between Buffalo's (WannabeFinn, Tomen) and New Orleans (JKortesi81, TheDangaZone) which set of GM's have the tactical/managerial advantage in this series and why?
I have to go with New Orleans management team here. Buffalo for a few seasons now has one of the best roster on paper in the league but for some had trouble to perform. They did good this season but New Orleans was able to emulate the same succes while being the franchise 1st year in the SHL

3. Between both rosters, create an all Challenge Cup starting lineup! (D, D, F, F, F, G) and in 50 words or more explain alittle about your selections.
Tatu Makela, Alexis Metzler, Roman Augustus, Oisin Fletcher, Joe Kurczewski,Aleister Cain
Both goalies are rookies and unproven, you can't really go wrong here. I went with the guy who won the 4 stars cup in the SMJHL. Metzler is in the later years of his career but an absolute legend who stayed loyal during the Buffalo dark days and deserves this spot. Makela is hands down the best d-man in this finals and as chemistry is key for forwards I went with the 3 best on New Orleans.

4. Choose 1 young player from each team (either on their roster or a prospect of theirs) who you believe will be there teams next important player and why? *tag that player*
Jimmy Slothface @slothfacekilla : As an expansion team, New Orleans went for old players past their prime. It put them in a position to compete right away but a lot of these players will retire in the next 3-4 seasons. They don't have many great prospects and Jimmy is their best. They will need him and a few others to developp well or they might have to tank in the near future.

Tatu Makela : Best d-man in this final, he can do it all. His physical play intimidate opponents and is a stud with and without the puck. A blueline game changer.
Joe Kurczewski : A veteran who still got it and knows how to win. Probably the best two-way forward in the game in the last 7-8 seasons.
DeMarycus Smyth : A guy who is not talk about enough, a true team player who put the team success in front of individual awards. Best 3rd liner

7. Who has been there teams surprise player/unsung hero in the post season and why?..must include at least 1 stat to back up claim.
TJ Bayley is my pick. Once seen as one of the most promising prospect of the s38 draft class, injuries derailed his career. He never gave up and was still able to carve a nice career as a third liner. But in these current playoffs, it's almost like he's a new man. 8 goals 6 assists in 10 games so far, he's being the Stampede unsung hero

Task 9
Randy and Andy thanks for having me. I was quite surprised of the invitation as a no name in the SHL but sure I'll give you guys my full breakdown on the series. You guys work for the Buffalo Stampede you might not like what I'm about to say… just kidding I honestly believe Buffalo will win the cup. Defense wins championship and there's no better d-squad in the league than the Stampede. On offense, New Orleans might have the upperhand but not by much. Between the pipes, it's a duel between two rookies so I don't think they will be a factor at all. The old slow Specter blueline will be their downfall and I predict it will be quite a short series, in 5 or 6. The only way New Orleans can win this is if the New Orleans centermen of Kurczewski, Fletcher, Smyth play like 3rd d-men and contribute offensively. Not an easy task.

Task 13
An old expansion team vs a new expansion team. An old expansion team who suffered many years to become relevant and made the playoffs the first time a few seasons ago vs the new expansion who are in the finals in their first year existence. The storylines write themselves. 2 teams at the opposite in their team history. I would use the Stampede in the ad 'History will be made » as the good guys, showing them fail time after time but finally reaching the finals. New Orleans would be the bad guys, having it easy and portraying them like the Golden State Warriors. Good vs evil is the easiest concept in TV and it works narurally here. Let's be honest here, all the SHL fans around the world beside Toronto and New Orleans will be rooting for Buffalo. Let’s just use some footage of Fletcher, Czerwakswki, Williams acting like snakes and leaving their previous team and form a superteam. The Soecters are so easy to hate, hopefully they will embrace tbeir heel role as I'm about to publish this ad.

Task 14

PM'd

[Image: opt6vpu.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2019, 08:50 PM by grok.)

TASK 1 (159 words)

S46 was a real breakout season for me.  I put up a very good rookie season, made it to playoffs, got a Rookie of the Year nomination, won a cup…pretty much everything I could hope for in my first season.  Putting up a 0.906 makes me really pleased, along with my very low GAA and top-6 goalie point share placement.  The playoff shutouts were also a real source of pride for me, as we pushed towards the first challenge cup in Buffalo history.

I still want to improve on my game.  Although I had a really good year, my performances were inconsistent.  I led the league in SV% briefly before giving up 5 goals each in two back-to-back games against the Manhattan Rage late in the season.  I really need to focus on developing my game and making sure I bring a more dependable product to the ice in order to help the team to another deep playoff run.

TASK 3

3 (58 words)
Viktor Marius - Dermot Lavelle - Joe Kurczewski
Richard Physt - Alexis Metzler
Aleister Cain
Marius and Lavelle are in the middle of career years, with Marius leading Buffalo in scoring and Lavelle setting team records in the faceoff circle.  Kurczewski is similarly explosive in the faceoff circle and knows how to find the back of the net.  Physt and Metzler are incredible two-way players, and Cain can stop anyone in the league.

4 (64 words)

The key young players of this series are Cedric Robinson and Aleister Cain @SlashACM.  Two young S43 goaltenders starting for their teams in their first full SHL seasons.  Both have been rock solid in the playoffs up to the championship series, and were both top-5 goaltenders in the league during the regular season.  This is the single most important positional matchup in the series.

5 (69 words)

“New Orleans, duh.  Who wants to go to fucking Buffalo?”  Robinson scoffed and stared dead into the camera, almost angry.  “I love this place, but man.  We are a good family city, a good business city.  We are not a tourist destination.  I want more reasons to go to cities with sunshine and coast and locals who will spike your drink and steal your fucking pants.  New Orleans, Jesus.”

6 (81 words)

Aleister Cain is a player who will steal a game.  Every forward needs to be on alert—he will run hot and take over a series if you let him.
Captain Alexis Metzler is absolutely rock solid on both sides of the ice, as well as every special teams unit.  He always requires cover at any point in the game.
Don’t sleep on TJ Bayley.  He can sniff out the back of the net and will light up an unprepared defense.

Task 9 (165 words)

The favorite and underdog for this series has been set since game one of the regular season.  Buffalo immediately established dominance and won the President’s Trophy.  New Orleans defied the odds of an expansion roster and established their place as a top team in the league.  That said, I think Buffalo still has the edge in this matchup.  Goaltending is a wash with two exceptional young players.  Defense will be tight on both sides, but veteran captain Metzler will thumb the scales for Buffalo a bit.  Forward depth is where Buffalo will take over.  Fielding three incredibly aggressive forward lines capable of generating scoring chances, New Orleans will really have to find a groove with their third line to keep up with Buffalo’s offense.  Buffalo needs to stay the course and get a consistent performance out of Robinson to take the series.  New Orleans needs to dig deep and get good performances out of their depth forwards to keep up and put the series away.

Task 13 (151 words)

S46—History will be made.  Buffalo vs New Orleans.  Two franchises from wildly different backgrounds competing for the same prize.  The Challenge Cup.  But not any cup—the first in each franchise’s history.  Two goaltenders in their first full seasons as a starter.  The winner will be the first goalie to win a challenge cup in their situation in over 25 seasons.  Two management teams aligned against each other, with backgrounds going all the way back to the junior league.  In just seven games, all of these storylines will be decided.  Which manager makes history with a triumph over the other.  Which goaltender takes home the cup and the record at the same time.  Which team gets their first cup in franchise history, and which goes home empty-handed?  Only four wins separate each team from glory.  Tune in to S46—History will be made on SSPN, the Simulation Sports Programming Network.

Task 14 - PMed

(This post was last modified: 04-11-2019, 09:58 PM by UncleLeosKomrade.)

Task 1
Coming into this season Maui was simply happy to be living in the sun again. The move from Seattle to Tampa definitely boosted spirits for Maui individually and around the locker room as well. Some of the best moments from the season included that first home game, skating out to the roar of the Florida snowbirds. It was different wearing shorts to the rink but Maui loved every second of it. Performance wise Maui excelled in the areas he wanted to. Blocked a ton of shots, hit a bunch of guys and even found the scoresheet a bunch. Next season Maui would like to find the back of the net a bit more but that'll come eventually. He just is focused on his defensive game for right now. He just wants to the help the Cudas as much as possible and hopefully find their way back to the playoffs again. Even though the trip was short lived, it was great playing some playoff hockey finally.

Word Count: 165

Task 3
1. With two sets of highly skilled GMs it is very difficult to pick the team with the edge. Usually there will be a person who is well seasoned and has lasted a test of time. Or there will be the newbie that stumbled their way to the finals on dumb luck. However, this isn't the case here. That being said I give the advantage to Kortesi and TDZ based on the fact they guided an expansion team to the finals.

Word Count: 80

Task 5
With the excitement of the expansion franchise from New Orleans finding their way to the Challenge Cup final, their locker room was obviously a hot spot for visitors. Everyone wanted to talk to the players and coaches about their experience in their inaugural season in Louisiana. However, when Maui made his way to the locker room to talk to longtime friend and mentor, Alex Andani @Carbine, he was surprised to find the locker room empty… or so he thought. As he entered the room it was quiet, too quiet. He explored a bit further and to his surprise found Andani, naked, eating beef jerky and fruit loops while watching Sesame Street. Maui could not believe his eyes. It was the weirdest thing he has ever witnessed. First their was the blatant nudity in such a public place. Then, fruit loops? Seriously? And elite athlete eating fruit loops? But the thing that throw him off the most was Sesame Street. What grown man watches Sesame Street voluntarily?

Word Count: 166

Task 7
The Stampede and Spectors announced at the beginning of the Challenge Cup that they had partnered together to raise funds for those affected by the US government shutdown in January. The stupidity of the current commander in chief cause massive wage loss across the country and the players of the Challenge Cup finalists wanted to help. So, after the final game, every piece of equipment will be signed and auctioned off. The players have also committed to a shots for the the shutdown initiative. This will include $1000 being donated for each shot attempt made by the teams during the Challenge Cup. All the funds will then be distributed to the employees in New Orleans and Buffalo that were most affected by the government shutdown. These fundraising initiative are fantastic ideas brought about by the players themselves and should make for a fantastic final game as players try to up the ante!

Word Count: 152

Task 14

PM'd

NSFL PT

[Image: 46ecRW0.gif]

[Image: 5cVzKxa.png][Image: gs89eGV.png][Image: LWLEHdF.png]

(This post was last modified: 04-11-2019, 09:54 PM by Pris.)

[TASK 1: (Written, 3 TPE)]

This season was very disappointing, but that'll happen when you're a capped defensive defensewoman in the SMJHL. Anastasia O'Koivu was never meant to be a particularly flashy player, rather just a steady, reliable presence on the blueline for whatever team took her. She was fine defensively, putting up 87 hits and 44 shot blocks, but there's a lot to be desired there from a capped sophomore. Additionally, the 50 penalty minutes weren't stellar to swallow, even if I figured they'd be coming. As far as falling short, I would have loved to see her get at least 100 hits, but alas. I would also really have liked a fight, just for the sake of a laugh or two, but admittedly, I didn't do anything to make that happen (no TPE in fighting), so that's on me. And probably for the better. Oh, well! I can dream. I didn't really have any productive individual goals anyway. I just like seeing her be annoying and fighty.

[Task 3: (Written, up to 5 TPE)
Pick up to 5 challenge cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth '1' TPE. Each answer must be 50 words or more.

1. Between Buffalo's (WannabeFinn, Tomen) and New Orleans (JKortesi81, TheDangaZone) which set of GM's have the tactical/managerial advantage in this series and why?

I'm friends with Joe and Danga both, so I hope they don't read this. But for as high regard as I hold them, the simple answer is that Finn has been around much longer, and Tomen is crazy (in a good way). Naturally, this leads to a very accomplished GM team, and one that knows how to break down the sim well, leading to a good coaching pairing. Have to go with Buffalo here.

2. Between Cedric Robinson and Aleister Cain which goalie would you say had the more impressive run towards this championship series, and why?

I think Robinson had the more consistent campaign, even though at the end, he wasn't able to bring his team a Cup. That being said, I think Aleister Cain gets the nod here by virtue of having really big late-series wins for his team. Both goaltenders in the finals were very well-matched.

5. You have been asked by the league to choose a destination for next seasons all star game and its between New Orleans and Buffalo, which city did you decide should get this important league event and why?

New Orleans. Why would anyone do anything in Buffalo? (No offense to a certain GM who lives there). New Orleans is a cool fucking city, and I think there are so many thematic options to go with to make an event really, really fun. It's a nice city for people to come from out of town to see.

Viktor Marius - this kid is a fucking monster. In the regular season, he was his team's leading scorer (by, like, 7 fucking points) AND found the time to put up 221 hits? legend.

Joe Kurczewski - Joe's relatively old as shit by this point, but he still packs a punch because he had a aslkdjfalkjkillion TPE before he started regressing. He's a very versatile player, and can just as easily wreck your shit with the body as he can with the puck.

Tatu Makela - sneaky boi, great playmaker who also has a knack for showing up for the defense big when it matters most
7. Who has been there teams surprise player/unsung hero in the post season and why?..must include at least 1 stat to back up claim.]

[Task 7: (Written, 3 TPE)]

I think it'd be sick to do some big Mardi Gras based festival for charity in New Orleans, since it was their first season in the league and they had the not-quite-Cinderella run to the finals. It would be really cool to have a big parade, full Mardi Gras floats and all, and then make some sort of raffle fundraiser out of it for each one. Sell tickets to be able to ride the floats, meet the two teams on them, throw out beads with them, things like that. Make a whole fan fest out of it in the city, invite food trucks to set up shop... Presumably, the GMs would be able to be involved and help make this into a big, fun, memorable event for the home fans and just Southern hockey fans in general. The funds could be donated to hurricane relief, it would be very appropriate in Louisiana.

[Task 11: (Written, 3 TPE)]

So we just brought back love of my life Finn Kruger to Hamilton, which is awesome. That being said, it also means that I'm staying down a little bit longer (completely voluntarily!). I'm basically just hanging out until someone kicks the bucket or leaves, I guess. If I had to guess, it'll be kicking Dwayne Wyder off the roster (sad!) to play alongside Nikolai Evans on their bottom pairing (gross). I have confirmed with my GM that I will be staying down until after S48, so that's fun. I'll get some quality bonding with my boys in Colorado. As I've said before, though, once I do get called up, I won't be the type to be putting up big flashy scoring numbers or anything. I just want to be able to help hold down the fort effectively and be a good defensive presence. We'll see how that goes, eh?

[TASK 14: (*CASUAL MEMBER SPECIAL* Send answer in PM, up to 3 TPE)]

Done.

[Image: shlpris41.gif]
sig credits
[Image: FJ4Sjuj.png] |[Image: apAE8qn.png] | [Image: uEsOaLl.png]
[Image: 2dtdoyf.png]
Former affiliates: raiders Jets Stars

Task 1

Smyth season was an amazing season if I say so myself. Tallying second on the team in points and also reaching a new career high in points if a major achievement. Being able to score 44 points in a franchise first season makes Smyth seem like a wonderful pickup by the expansion team. Smyth was able to achieve a few individual goals this season alone. Smyth was able to break his old points in a season total, make it the Challenge cup finals but sadly was unable to win it all. Smyth is happy with how many assists he was able to acquire this season and boasting a very small amount of penalties shows that Smyth is a very clean player. That being said Smyth wants to try and not get hit as often as he did this season. Being hit one hundred thirty times never feels good on the body and many of those could lead to turnovers. Smyth wants to become more evasive with the puck next season and be able to finally bring a cup to the great city of New Orleans.

Task 3

Smyth was asked where the next All-star game should be and it’s a very easy answer. NOLA should obviously be the location of the next All-star game. NOLA just got a brand-new team and what better what to bring attention and fans to a brand-new team? Bring the All-star game to them. There are many historical and interesting place in NOLA that people can visit during the All-star game. People will be able to dress up in Maudi Gras fashion because of the rich history of Maudi Gras in NOLA. Also NOLA is a fantastic place to throw a party and have fun because the people in NOLA throw a huge party every year already.

Task 5

Smyth was on his way to NOLA’s locker room getting himself pumped up for game one of the SHL finals. Many people never would had believed a rag tag team of players who weren’t deemed the best making it to the finals. Smyth was so locked in to his head he didn’t noticed he had walked into the Buffalo locker room. It seems like Smyth was unnoticed for right now but what he saw caused shock and confusion for Smyth. On the ground was what seemed to be real grass and some parts of feed for animals. The confusion didn’t stop there. There was Buffalo heads going around the room and on their horns was opposing teams jersey completely torn up. In the center of the room was a Pedi stool of the NOLA jersey of Oisin Fletcher the NOLA team captain. Standing around the jersey were three Buffalo players. Left Winger Finn McCool a fast two way forward who seemed to be able to score hard angles, Defensemen Tatu Makela the strong defensemen who was still able to score points and get in the right position at the right time, and last but not least Center Brock Becker the very fast playmaker that was able to deke out defensemen when ever he had the puck. They were all staring at the jersey and would take turns slashing the jersey and cause tears in it. Smyth quickly as possible left the locker room and tried to get away as far and as fast as he could. He decided not to tell anyone because no one would believe what he just saw.
@GrilledTwinkiez @ztevans @Evok

Task 11

The commish has asked Smyth to create a charity event to be held before the finals begin. First things first the whole event would be a massive golf tournament between Buffalo and NOLA. The first 9 holes will be a team battle where the teams will have a forward, a defenseman, and a goalie make a team and compete in golf. NOLA would send Oisin Fletcher, Richard Physt, and Aleister Cain. After the first nine then there will be an individual competition to see who the best golfer from both teams are. Smyth has heard Kevin Hamilton is pretty good at golf so would want to go against him in the competition. During these events there will be other activities if people do not want to watch the golf. There will be a pie eating contest between both teams fourth line centers. Soren Kierkegaard would be up for NOLA and Dermot Lavelle for Buffalo. There will also be small carnival games like the water gun shooting and ring toss for families to participate in. All proceeds will go SHL’s All in charity for young players and disabled players to be able to play the great sport of hockey no matter what.
@White Cornerback @kckolbe @Evok @SlashACM @CptSquall @Tlk742

Task 14

PM'd

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

Task 1: Tokek Takshak literally cannot score in the playoffs. I feel like he's cursed or something. Yaknow, it'd be pretty great if he could actually score, maybe it'd help the rage go places. Instead of losing to buffalo. Now, of course, Tokek doesn't see it as a problem. Rather, he sees it as a BIG PROBLEM and is hiding in the basement to avoid the nonexistent wrath of the media.

Actually, its probably somewhat existent. Screaming reporters surround the basement. With microphones! Tokek is terrified of microphones. You never know who's listening in on one of those, after all. Hopefully the reporters go away before training camp, or he'll be even worse next season... somehow. According to the new york times, that'd be difficult. According to Tokek Takshak, this isnt even his final form of being absolutely garbage. We'll wait and see next season.

Task 5: Tokek Takshak was giving NOLA a boost over NY rival buffalo by giving them some special packets of ramen. Of course, they were labeled 'not poison', because they werent poisoned with anything but FLAVOUR. Then, @slothfacekilla burst into the room! Tokek immediately dove for cover into a nearby garbage can, screaming about pleading the second, the fourth, and the sixty ninth. Then, he was forced to watch as Sloth gave the ramen to Buffalo! Is it any suprise that they won the series powered by Tokek Takshak's ramen? There's probably some steroids in it, after all. Come on, sloth. This is all your fault, and Tokek would like you to know that throwing away your copy of 'puck hockey basics - childrens edition' is a waste of money. I mean, Tokek read it, and he learned a lot. Did you know that the round black thing is called a puck? Tokek didnt.

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2019, 09:58 PM by Jepox.)

Code:
Task 7: (Written, 3 TPE)
The commish has asked that both challenge cup participants collaberate on a large charity event to be held during the festivities leading to the start of the finals, and you have been asked by the league to set everything up!  What did you come up with? what sort of theme did you choose? what were some of the events to take place to help raise money? what players were very helpful during this process? where will the funds be donated? Must be 150 words or more. *tag anyone involved*
The commish, Mr. Rainbow Dash himself, asked me to help set up a large charity event. Of course I had the best idea immediately. Buffalo rides and a massive party downtown, Mardi Gras style. You payed to get on the bison and the goal was to stay on as long as you could. It was actually rather easy as they were fairly docile and we had to kick people off after a while. The party was also a massive success. Paid entry and tons of drinks got tons of money to go to charity. When the players showed up it was even more fun, as the fans were wasted and just wanted pictures. You could see some players having a bit of fun pregame and who knows if it actually helped or hindered them. It was a very successful event that was very fun and we hope next year's will be even better. (153 words)

@[PT Director]

[Image: Jepox.gif]

Task 14: (3 TPE)

PM sent to PT Director

[Image: Partridge.png]

San Francisco

[Image: PRedauw.png]

S47 CW is over!

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria