Create Account

S46 Championship Week

Code:
Task 3: (Written, up to 5 TPE)
Pick up to 5 challenge cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth '[u]1[/u]' TPE. Each answer must be [u]50[/u] words or more.

1. Between Buffalo's (WannabeFinn, Tomen) and New Orleans (JKortesi81, TheDangaZone) which set of GM's have the tactical/managerial advantage in this series and why?

Give me the guys who built their team in one offseason. This is a team that has been together for less than a full season and they have managed to not only get us to the playoffs, secure the 2nd seed in the West, won the division, beat the Panthers in 7, Shut down the one line wonders with a shutout to end it, and have been huge in building a locker room free of drama. Add on that both of them have recently won cups and it's a lock for me. Joe and TDZ are the top tier in GM'ing

2. Between Cedric Robinson and Aleister Cain which goalie would you say had the more impressive run towards this championship series, and why?

Overall, Aleister Cain. In the playoffs, Cedric Robinson. It is hard to argue the numbers right now but if we are being fair, Robinson didn't have to face the Chiefs. That is why I am giving the overall edge to Cain. The Chiefs are a relentless team, trying to run their top line 55% of the time. Cain stood on his head in Game 7 against the top scoring team in the league.

3. Between both rosters, create an all Challenge Cup starting lineup! (D, D, F, F, F, G) and in 50 words or more explain alittle about your selections.

F: Oisin Fletcher (NOLA)
F: Roman Augustus (NOLA)
F: Joe Kurczewski (NOLA)
D: Gottlieb-Odilo-Dankward McZehrl (BUF)
D: Alexis Metzler (BUF)
G: Aleister Cain (NOLA)

All I have to say is that Cain wishes he had the Buffalo defense (jk he loves us). Fletcher, Augustus, and Joe K can all score, pass, and hit like trucks. McZ and Metzler on the back end of that with full freedom to pinch up with how well the other 3 play in both zones, you may as well just go home if you're the other team. 5 people on the ice that can score with no issues and all of them also defensively responsible. I would honestly put this lineup against any of the previous 5 lineups (Which some of these players are a part of as well) in the SHL and this team would win 90% of the games.

5. You have been asked by the league to choose a destination for next seasons all star game and its between New Orleans and Buffalo, which city did you decide should get this important league event and why?

Let's be honest. Buffalo would be a great spot to have the all star game for the SHL. BUT New Orleans is where the magic happens. With the way New Orleans handles big events, the party would be insane. With Buffalo you would be restricted to in building events as outside is just too damn cold when the hockey season runs. We are talking BBQ no matter the weather, people outside flashing everyone, and yeah maybe we should just go with Buffalo and think of making this family friendly instead.

6. Who are the 3 most dangerous players on the ice in this series and why?

Cedric Robinson: How he handles the increased shot load that he will face in this series will be telling. He is a dynamite Goalie and I could see him and Cain having many battles in the SHL as they did in the SMJHL during their time there.

Aleister Cain: This guy is a mad man. By far our craziest player and when he is on, good luck getting a puck past him. He has faced the best offense in the league and didn't get shaken and if I am being honest I think Cain steals not one but two games in this series.

Joe Kurczewski: Everyone knows, Joe's agent is from Buffalo. As such Joe has a big following in Buffalo and that is going to be key in this series. If the Joe K followers are able to out cheer the Buffalo faithful, it may help alleviate Buffalo's home ice advantage.

Code:
Task 5: (Written, 3 TPE)
Ooof, you happened to walk into one of the challenge cup teams locker room and witnessed a truly shocking visual which left you stunned! You closed your eyes and quickly left the premises... word has gotten out that something went down in the LR but the details are murky.. HO is investigating the matter and asking you 'the eye witness' to explain what happened! Must be 150 words or more. *tag anyone involved*

I'm going to preface this with I know goalies are weird, it's just how they are. But when I walked into the locker room and saw Aleister Cain sitting in the ice tub with his four star cups with wigs on talking to them about how he was better than Robinson I stood there shocked. "You know ladies, you really dodged a bullet when I won you. Robinson wouldn't love you the way I do, he wouldn't be sitting here right before the finals loving on you, he would put you in a cupboard and never take you out." At this point I felt it was time to leave but he saw me. He didn't blink, he didn't look away, he just slowly lowered the trophies into the tub. After he got them fully submerged he nodded his head at me in a "whats up" motion and then made a noise that will haunt me forever while lowering himself into the tub with his trophies. @SlashACM

Code:
Task 9: (Written, 3 TPE)
You have been asked to spend a few minutes on air with the series commentators during the game 1 preshow! During that segment they ask you to do a full break down on the series... in 150 words or more tell them who you believe is the favorite and who is the underdog of this series and why.. as well as your thoughts on what each team needs to do or not do to win the challenge cup.

I think we come in as the underdogs. Buffalo has a very good team and won the presidents trophy. Most people didn't even have us beating the Panthers, so I think we have to be the underdogs which is fine with us. In order for us to win this series we are going to have to dictate play in the defensive zone. Cain is going to be on fire after shutting out the Chiefs so I'm not worried about that, and Robinson hasn't faced an offense like ours yet that never lets up. He has faced some good lines don't get me wrong but how many teams can say they are 3 lines and 3 pairings deep with guys that can make things happen? Overall I think this is going to be a hard fought series but one I think we come out on top of in 6 games to win the Challenge Cup.

Code:
Task 13: (Written, 3 TPE)
This is an historic finals as both franchises come in with some amazing storylines to boast! Write a TV ad for a "History Will Be Made" script and in 150 words or more add the details and circumstance that warrant either or both teams for this television ad. details could include a memory from there team's history, whether recent or past, it is up to you.

Scene: The SHL Expansion draft announcement, Joe K is awarded a team, cut to black

Scene: SHL Press Announcement by Joe K announcing the New Orleans Specters, cut to black
Audio: With that we would like to announce the New Orleans Specters:

Flashes: The stadium being rebranded, ice being filled and painted, stadium filling, freeze above ice shot of the opening faceoff of the season, puck drops in slow motion as it cuts to the on ice feed then as the puck hits the ice fade to black:
Audio: Voice over talking about the team to the effect of "What if I told you that an expansion team would make it to the finals" as the puck is dropping.

Video: Highlights of the season, showing the points races over time ending with the final standings and the caption on top "Playoffs"
Audio: Voice Over "In just their first season in existence the team fought hard to change the way people looked at expansion teams" Fill audio with normal hype speech, audio clips from players

Video: Highlights from the first two rounds of the playoffs for the Specters.
Audio: Players talking about the experience and how much work is still left to be done.

Video: Conclusion with the details for the series and then the Specters logo to finish it out.
Audio: So come experience history in the making as your New Orleans Specters take on the Buffalo Stampede for the rights to lift the Challenge Cup.

End

Code:
TASK 14: (*CASUAL MEMBER SPECIAL* Send answer in PM, up to 3 TPE)
Back by popular demand! Unscramble the names of these four players who will be competing in the Challenge Cup Finals.

**[u]Important[/u]**: Send the answers to username "PT Director" with the subject of the message titled “#Scrambled-Izzy." [u]do not[/u] send it to my personal account cause i will [u]not[/u] look at it and you will not recieve credit for it. Do not post the answers in here cause you will not get credit for the task.  [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer]

1. pusesmakajolil
2. noewtdicatslo
3. lkgvironeoi
4. ihoswlilmlncsaai

Sent

Code:
TASK 1: (Written, 3 TPE)
For most players season 46 is over and you have had a bit of time to reflect on your season. Talk to us about how you did.. what were some of your players best and worst moments? what were your overall numbers? did you meet your individual goals? what areas in your game were you happy with and what areas fell short? Must be [u]150[/u] words or more.
Personally I was extremely upset with how the season went. As a player in the SHL it doesn't matter what happens to your team, gain a superstar, lose a few of them, you expect to do as well as you did last season if not better. Last season the Edmonton Blizzard won the Challenge cup. This season we didn't even make it past round 1 of the playoffs. Sure that's a team thing, but I'm a team player. If you want to talk individual stuff then I'll indulge you. This season I had 2 points less than last and for the first time in my SHL career I ended the season as a minus player. I did have more shot blocks but I think you can attribute that mostly to having possession of the puck less than we did last season. I think the biggest difference you'll notice is that I had 94 hits this season whereas last season I had 21. I don't really value hits though. You end up taking a lot penalties due to reckless play. All in all I'm disappointed and really need to up my game next season. (193 words)

Code:
Pick up to 5 challenge cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth '[u]1[/u]' TPE. Each answer must be [u]50[/u] words or more.

1. Between Buffalo's (WannabeFinn, Tomen) and New Orleans (JKortesi81, TheDangaZone) which set of GM's have the tactical/managerial advantage in this series and why? There's no question in my mind that the tactical and managerial skills advantage definitely goes to to New Orleans. Since I've joined the SHL JKortesi81 has been the co-gm of St. Louis in the SMJHL. I'd say that arguably the SMJHL takes a better tactician to win the cup than the SHL because most players on a level playing field. TheDangaZone helped him out a lot in STL too so I know he's more than competent. (76 words)
2. Between Cedric Robinson and Aleister Cain which goalie would you say had the more impressive run towards this championship series, and why? This is a pretty lopsided one. Cain had to go through Calgary who had the best center in the entire SHL last season and then the had to go head to head with the best offense in the entire league this past season in Minnesota. Meanwhile Robinson had to play Manhattan who I believe only made the playoffs for the first time in a few seasons, then Hamilton who are really on the downswing. I'm much more impressed by Cain's ability to keep NOLA in games right now than Robinson's. (90 words)
3. Between both rosters, create an all Challenge Cup starting lineup! (D, D, F, F, F, G) and in 50 words or more explain alittle about your selections. Essentially my thoughts here are that NOLA is simply the best offense in the league, so I went with the players on their offense that I thought were the best. Smyth is the best all around forward on their team, while Kurczewski and Augustus are easily the best offensive forwards in the league. Buffalo on the other hand is propped up by their defensemen with McZehrl and Walker leading them. In net it was pretty easy to pick since it's a direct comparison, Cain is just the better goalie hands down. (91 words)
F - DeMaricus Smyth
F - Roman Augustus
F - Joe Kurczewski
D - Charles Walker
D - GOD McZehrl
G - Aleister Cain
4. Choose 1 young player from each team (either on their roster or a prospect of theirs) who you believe will be there teams next important player and why? *tag that player* Every team needs a good goalie to go far in the playoffs, but when you have a great goalie you've got a really good chance at being the next Challenge Cup Champion. Aleister Cain went into this season essentially as a rookie goaltender (though he had played several games as a backup for Edmonton in seasons prior). Now in his first season as a starter he's looking like MVP material. @SlashACM (71 words)
6. Who are the 3 most dangerous players on the ice in this series and why? The three most dangerous players this series are New Orleans' three centers: Oisin Fletcher, DeMaricus Smyth and Roman Augustus. Each of these centers are legit on the level of all star and they have one of them on each line. Personally I think center is the most important position on the ice because they play so much offense and defense and if they're good enough they make everyone else on their team a better player while they're on the ice. Buffalo will need to find a way shutdown all three lines if they want to win. (96 words)

Code:
Task 7: (Written, 3 TPE)
The commish has asked that both challenge cup participants collaberate on a large charity event to be held during the festivities leading to the start of the finals, and you have been asked by the league to set everything up!  What did you come up with? what sort of theme did you choose? what were some of the events to take place to help raise money? what players were very helpful during this process? where will the funds be donated? Must be 150 words or more. *tag anyone involved*
The commissioner of the SHL was kind enough to give me full reign over what the charity event we do this season is. I thought a comedy event would be the perfect thing to do for our charity even to raise awareness for adults with Alzheimers. It's an awful disease that ravages the elderly. @Blastmeaway is always willing to help me out with stuff so he and I got to together to interview comedians. We ended up going with Eric Andre who had a great pitch for bringing a large group of elderly people together in central park in New York City and do a live comedy show. Unfortunately his master plan was actually to have all of the gates drop down from the sides of the comedy area and all of the elderly people with Alzheimers were let loose in New York. Several people were lost during that time and the police had to come out in droves to find all of the elderly people. The good news is that is showcased just how awful the disease is and since it was broadcast on national television we raised over 25 million dollars for research. Eric Andre you crafty son of a bitch. (203 words)

Code:
Task 11: (Written, 3 TPE)
There will be many SMJHL players watching this Challenge Cup series and dreaming of the day that they are involved in the SHL's biggest staged event. but first things first,, you have to make an SHL teams 20 man roster. Talk about where your player is at within your SHL organization, who are the prospects that you'll be competing with for a roster spot? when do you hope to make the big clubs roster and what are your individual expectations in that rookie season? Must be 150 words or more.
At this point Brady McIntyre is almost entirely assured to make the 20 man roster for the Blizzard. TPEwise he's 2nd on the team for defenseman behind Tor Tuck. The unfortunate part is that Tuck and McIntyre play a very similar sort of game where playmaking is more important than scoring goals for them individually. That means that McIntyre will likely be spending this season on the 2nd pair, all but solidifying his spot in history as the best 2nd pair defenseman ever to grace the SHL. On the upside he'll get to spend another season alongside defensive partner Ensio Kalju @jRuutu who McIntyre has built up a lot of chemistry with. If management were considering putting McIntyre on the first pair he'd be competing with long time top pair defender Connor Tanner. Tanner is shoot first defenseman like Kalju so for the sake of play styles this isn't likely to happen, but McIntyre has been putting up bigger numbers than Tanner for a while now so it just might pop into the back of the coach's mind before the season starts. (182 words)

Code:
Back by popular demand! Unscramble the names of these four players who will be competing in the Challenge Cup Finals.

**[u]Important[/u]**: Send the answers to username "PT Director" with the subject of the message titled “#Scrambled-Izzy." [u]do not[/u] send it to my personal account cause i will [u]not[/u] look at it and you will not recieve credit for it. Do not post the answers in here cause you will not get credit for the task.  [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer]

1. pusesmakajolil
2. noewtdicatslo
3. lkgvironeoi
4. ihoswlilmlncsaai
Sent to PT Director.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2019, 09:33 PM by JamesT.)

Code:
For most players season 46 is over and you have had a bit of time to reflect on your season. Talk to us about how you did.. what were some of your players best and worst moments? what were your overall numbers? did you meet your individual goals? what areas in your game were you happy with and what areas fell short? Must be [u]150[/u] words or more.

My sophomore season here in the SMJHL with the Montreal  Militia has been a major improvement compared to my rookie year with the  Militia For my rookie year i only generated 4 goals and 4 assists in the regular season and only 2 points in the SMJHL playoffs. During my sophomore year i was able to generate 14 goals and 9 assists in the regular season tripling my production from the previous year. Also, during the playoffs i was able to break through and step up my game. I produced 4 goals and 9 assists in 12 playoff games. My best moment this season by far was in the playoffs when i was able to have 4 assists in a game against the Anaheim  Outlaws My worse moment was unfortunately during game 7 against the Kelowna  Knights when i couldn't produce anything and we were eliminated from the playoffs. After having an offensive explosion, i couldn't help my team complete the 3-1 comeback against Kelowna. I was able to improve on my passing, skating, puck handling and defense. These will be key attributes that i will continue to improve on once i hit the SHL as i have now reached the cap in the SMJHL. I am expecting better results for my team and myself going into my 3rd season in the SMJHL.

Code:

1. Between Buffalo's (WannabeFinn, Tomen) and New Orleans (JKortesi81, TheDangaZone) which set of GM's have the tactical/managerial advantage in this series and why? 
2. Between Cedric Robinson and Aleister Cain which goalie would you say had the more impressive run towards this championship series, and why?
3. Between both rosters, create an all Challenge Cup starting lineup! (D, D, F, F, F, G) and in 50 words or more explain alittle about your selections.
4. Choose 1 young player from each team (either on their roster or a prospect of theirs) who you believe will be there teams next important player and why? *tag that player*
5. You have been asked by the league to choose a destination for next seasons all star game and its between New Orleans and Buffalo, which city did you decide should get this important league event and why?
7. Who has been there teams surprise player/unsung hero in the post season and why?..must include at least 1 stat to back up claim.

• Between the two goalies of Cedric Robinson of the New Orleans  Specters and Alesiter Cain of the Buffalo  Stampede Cedric Robinson has had the more impressive run towards this champion series for the champion series. Not only did the New Orleans  Specters had to play 3 more games than the  Stampede but had a higher shots against throughout the playoffs. Aleister will need to continue to be a brick wall in net if he wants to help his team capture the challenge cup. Both of these goalies will be the determining factor if their team is to succeed in this championship series.
3. Between both rosters, create an all Challenge Cup starting lineup! (D, D, F, F, F, G) and in 50 words or more explain a little about your selections.
  • The all challenge cup starting lineup from me between both teams would have Aleister Cain in net from the  Specters I explained why he was the more impressive goalie between the  starters in the above post. For defencemen i would have to choose Alexis Metzier and Tatu Makela from the  Specters as they both have better stats through the playoffs compared to the defence on the  Stampede Also have familiarity and synergy with your D partner is an important factor as well. For my forwards i would have to choose TJ Bayley as my LW from the  Stampede as he has 14 points throughout 10 games. My Center would have to be DeMaircus Smyth from the  Specters as he has a 55% faceoff winrate and 7 points in 13 GP. Finally my RW would be Leafer Rielly from the  Stampede as he has 8 points in 10 games so far. This would be all Challenge Cup starting lineup!
  • For next seasons all star game and festivities there is the option between New Orleans and Buffalo. If i were to choose the destination it would have to be Buffalo. The purpose of all-star weekend is to help promote and grow the game in that location. New Orleans is already an established location and town known for its party atmosphere. Buffalo is lesser known and could use the all-star weekend to help put Buffalo out there on the SHL map and show the league what their fans are made of. I can foresee Buffalo benefiting greatly if the SHL decided to have the all-star event hosted in Buffalo.
  • The 3 most dangerous players on the ice in this series would have to be TJ Bayley from the  Stampede as he leads both teams in scoring with 14 points in only 10 games. He is going to be the main threat of focus for the  Specters as they will need to shut him down if they want to have success in this series. Next up would be Kevin Hamilton from  Stampede as well as he has 13 points in 10 games. Like TJ, the  Specters are going to look to shut him down as a key factor for victory in this series. Lastly, Oisin Fletcher of the  Specters is a dangerous player who the  Stampede need to keep an eye on as he has 13 points in 13 games with 7 goals and 6 assists so far in the SHL playoffs. These are the 3 most dangerous players in this series coaches will be focusing on.

7. Who has been there teams surprise player/unsung hero in the post season and why?..must include at least 1 stat to back up claim.
  • The unsung hero are players who don't have the most points and aren't really highlighted in game highlights or broadcasted in the media. However, these players are vital factors for team success. For the New Orleans  Specters their unsung hero would have to be Richard Physt as he has been a hitting machine with 31 hits so far in the playoffs. He also has logged 28 minutes on the PK as well. For the Buffalo  Stampede their unsung hero would have to be GOD McZherl as he is tied in his team with 18 minutes on the PK. He is also averaging 24.33 minutes in the playoffs as well.  GOD's +/- is at +8 as well showing he is key to stopping goals and help creating goals.
Code:
Ooof, you happened to walk into one of the challenge cup teams locker room and witnessed a truly shocking visual which left you stunned! You closed your eyes and quickly left the premises... word has gotten out that something went down in the LR but the details are murky.. HO is investigating the matter and asking you 'the eye witness' to explain what happened! Must be 150 words or more. *tag anyone involved*

As i was finishing doing my pregame show interview for game 1, i got the chance to visit both locker rooms and talk a bit with the guys from both teams. However, i was about to leave the Buffalo  Stampede locker room i saw something that left me in shock. Only @"Panda" was there with me to witness it and let's just say we both want to forget what we saw. I couldn't believe there was actually a dead mouse just lying in the shower room floor. I saw a little tail sticking out of the locker room and thought this was strange and decided to check it out since nobody else seemed to notice. Then TJ came up to me to see what i was looking at and saw the dead mouse with me as well. I asked him if this has happened before and he told me no, so i don't want to speculate how or who was responsible for this. I don't get involved with this sort of thing, i just wanna focus on myself and my team improvement and have no time for little shenanigans or pranks like these. 

Code:
You have been asked to spend a few minutes on air with the series commentators during the game 1 preshow! During that segment they ask you to do a full break down on the series... in 150 words or more tell them who you believe is the favorite and who is the underdog of this series and why.. as well as your thoughts on what each team needs to do or not do to win the challenge cup.

For me i would have to say that the Buffalo  Stampede are the favourites as they have had to play 3 fewer games than the New Orleans  Specters Buffalo only has lost twice so far in these playoffs as well. New Orleans will be more fatigued than Buffalo due to playing more games and having less firepower compared to them as well. TJ Bayley and and Kevin Hamilton of the Buffalo  Stampede are going to be relied upon to help produce. New Orleans can't allow these two to take over this series as it will likely spell the end of their challenge cup dreams. For New Orleans they will rely on Oisin Fletcher and Joe Kurczewski to help be the main producers for their team. Buffalo will look to shut these guys down if they want to capture the challenge cup. This is going to be a tight series for sure and i cannot wait to see how it plays out.

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2019, 03:40 PM by StamkosFan.)

Code:
I think one of the best moments was getting into my first SHL fight, while the worst moment had to be when I found out we were mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. Up until now, I haven't been traditionally known as a scrapper, but I threw down the gloves and pummeled the guy I took on, and I actually got into a second fight later on in the season. Finishing second to last in the league though was really terrible, and somehow playoffs are still going, the wait has been worse than not making it. I was disappointed with my numbers, I really wanted to hit 30 points this year, but instead I didn't even hit 25. I need to be more efficient at capitalizing on scoring opportunities and get some checking into my game, because right now I'm avoiding contact mostly. I also need to have better endurance since I'm playing a lot more minutes, but I'm really happy with the defensive part of my game, I feel like that has gotten a lot better since I entered the league.

Code:

4. Choose 1 young player from each team (either on their roster or a prospect of theirs) who you believe will be there teams next important player and why? *tag that player*
1. I think both GMs have a lot of STHS knowledge and are willing to go the extra mile with test simming, but I would give the edge to JKortesi81 and TheDangaZone because they have more players to work with. They've clearly shown in their first year that they know how to run a team and win against the best of the best, and while they are still just learning, they have beginner's luck working for them and they have come up with some really fantastic line combos.
2. I would say Cedric Robinson has to be the most impressive, because he leads in almost all significant statistics; he has been unreal. Posting a .925 save percentage, nearly ten points higher than Cain's solid .916, and losing only two games, with one of those in OT, he has been practically unbeatable. He has been keeping games low scoring with a 2.07 GAA compared to Cain's 2.63 GAA, and that could be the difference in the finals.
4. I would say the Buffalo Stampede's up-and-coming forward Hippo Passamus @Mayuu is going to be a star for the Buffalo Stampede very soon; he's in his first season and only 3 TPE away from 1000, so he is entering the league already having amassed a solid number of points. He has 4 goals in the playoffs so far, and should see even more of an uptick in scoring next year.
5. I would pick New Orleans because it would be great to have an All Star Game in the Southern US; there's so much history and culture in New Orleans, so tourists in town for the All Star Game would have a lot of see. The cuisine there should be a big draw, as the stadium could offer special pastries to fans.

Code:
The commish has asked that both challenge cup participants collaberate on a large charity event to be held during the festivities leading to the start of the finals, and you have been asked by the league to set everything up!  What did you come up with? what sort of theme did you choose? what were some of the events to take place to help raise money? what players were very helpful during this process? where will the funds be donated? Must be 150 words or more. *tag anyone involved*
One of my favorite charities is Make A Wish, because it provides happiness for kids suffering through a terrible ideal and allows them to fulfill their dreams, so I decided we should donate the money to them. My idea was to organize a charity concert, and fortunately for me, Gary Grease @FlappyGiraffe is best friends with Matt Walst, the lead singer of Three Days Grace. He got me in touch with them, and they agreed to put on an hour long performance for charity. Some other up-and-coming rock bands loved the idea and agreed to perform in our lineup, so we ended up with a Rock Festival themed charity event that will hopefully draw quite the crowd. Signed band t-shirts, signed guitars, and more items were also planned to be sold at tables across the venue to raise as much money as possible. Many Jets players, including long-time Jets star and captain Jason Visser @ToeDragon84 were also in attendance to sell game-worn team-signed jerseys for charity, so hockey gear would also be contributing to the funds.

Code:
My computer model pegged New Orleans as the favorites, and it is clear to see why with the talent they have on their roster. They have one elite scoring sniper on every line, so no matter which line they roll out, there will be no rest for the Buffalo defense. On line 1, they have one of the best pure goal scorers in recent SHL history, Oisin Fletcher; on line 2, they have a highly regarded power forward in Joe Kurczewski, who will forecheck aggressively and wreak havoc along the boards; and then on line 3, they have Roman Augustus, who, while he has been quiet in the playoffs thus far, has a highly-esteemed skill set and a nose for the net. All New Orleans needs to do is get goals chipped in by all three of those scorers; Buffalo will be unable to match their top defensive pairings against all of them. As for Buffalo, they have the edge in goaltending, as Cedric Robinson has been in the zone lately; they'll need him to steal games and likely stop an onslaught of shots. He will need to maintain his high save percentage as a rookie under intense pressure and scrutiny and against some of the most efficient shooters in the game today.

Code:

**[u]Important[/u]**: Send the answers to username "PT Director" with the subject of the message titled “#Scrambled-Izzy." [u]do not[/u] send it to my personal account cause i will [u]not[/u] look at it and you will not recieve credit for it. Do not post the answers in here cause you will not get credit for the task.  [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer]

1. pusesmakajolil
2. noewtdicatslo 
3. lkgvironeoi 
4. ihoswlilmlncsaai
SENT

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/ByNN8Jn.gif[/img]
(This post was last modified: 04-05-2019, 12:38 PM by HoltzFan10.)

For most players season 46 is over and you have had a bit of time to reflect on your season. Talk to us about how you did.. what were some of your players best and worst moments? what were your overall numbers? did you meet your individual goals? what areas in your game were you happy with and what areas fell short? Must be 150 words or more.

Benjamin Blue had an historical season in the SHL this past season. He lead the lead in save percentage and shots faced while being 8th in goals against average, all while being on a team that just snuck into the playoffs. Out of the 41 games he played he was selected as the first star 7 times, an average of about once every 6 games! His league leading save percentage stands at .918, his goals against average sat at 2.88, and faced 1,475 shots over 41 games. He also lead the ENTIRE lead, skaters and all, in point shares at about 10.6. This season he also managed to win the Sarmad Khan (that’s right, I said it) which is the award for Most Valuable Player voted by the fellow players. Blue definitely reached my expectations and went above and beyond them too. I am very happy with Blue’s season.
——

Pick up to 5 challenge cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth '1' TPE. Each answer must be 50 words or more.

Honestly, I feel that both goalies had an almost equal showings throughout the playoffs. Cain has a .916 save percentage while Robinson has a .925 save percentage, but meanwhile, Cain has also faced 416 shots while Robinson has faced 281, the same amount as Benjamin Blue, who lost in the first round.

F - TJ Bayley: Is currently leading both teams in the Challenge Cup with 14 points in 13 games.
F - Oslin Fletcher: Is arguably single handedly carrying his entire team arm in arm with Cain.
F - Kevin Hamilton: The quick footed, swift, and strong handed playmaker that feeds the puck to his goal scoring teammate TJ.
D - Alexis Metzler: The highest scoring defenseman out of the two on this team.
D - Tatu Makela: Has 8 assists, just a pure playmaking defenseman.
G - Both goalies are both equally as amazing in their performances and both would share the time if I had to make it.

@grok Cedrick Robinson is currently the brightest spot of this Challenge Cup caliber roster and of all the rookies this season, playoffs and regular season. If his current stats and playing ability show how much better he will become in the later seasons as he progresses, then he will be a Hall of Fame player and the Stampede will be stupid to not retire his number if they win this season.

Cain, Cedrick, and TJ Bayley are the 3 most dangerous players on the ice this Challenge Cup. Both teams are defensive minded, while TJ is the offensive bright spot for Buffalo. Can and Cedric are both keeping their team in the race by being the brick walls that their team needs them to be. If you can’t score, you can’t win, and they’re the only two in the way of scoring.

7. Who has been their* teams surprise player/unsung hero in the post season and why?..must include at least 1 stat to back up claim.

Alexander Cain is the only reason that the New Orleans Specters are in the challenge cup. Most of the team are minus players, only one player is above point per game, and he has faced the most shots of any goalie. Without him, the Specters would be nowhere even close the the cup.
——

Benjamin Blue spent the day as a reporter intern and decided to check out the Buffalo Stampede’s locker room to see what their secret is. Benjamin Blue walked down the hallway and into the locker room and saw something horrible… absurd… just so very terribly terrible… he saw absolutely nothing. The Stampede had no secret (except for Cedric Robinson that is). Blue was so upset he decided to look through every nook and cranny of the room. Eventually, he found the skeleton of some old dude named Christopher Columbus or something. Blue was even more infuriated so he pretended he saw them doing hundreds of rolls of coke, smoking blunts of marijuana, and doing tons of heroin. Blue was very confused when the police came to him a week or two later when they started asking him about the locker room and if he saw any skeletons or dead bodies of an ancient historical figure. Blue didn’t know what to say so he didn’t say anything.
@grok
——

There will be many SMJHL players watching this Challenge Cup series and dreaming of the day that they are involved in the SHL's biggest staged event. but first things first,, you have to make an SHL teams 20 man roster. Talk about where your player is at within your SHL organization, who are the prospects that you'll be competing with for a roster spot? when do you hope to make the big clubs roster and what are your individual expectations in that rookie season? Must be 150 words or more.

Benjamin Blue is currently the starting goalie for the Tampa Bay Barracuda and verbatim of JSS, the General Manager, “blue ain’t goin nowhere!” Blue currently has no competition in the slightest since all the competition was either traded by samee or just non existent. Blue is very comfortable in his position in the team, as the franchise goalie bound to win his team numerous Challenge Cups. Blue made the team 2 seasons ago and had a decent rookie season. His rookie season was as (atrociously) average as it can get. That’s a lie, it was actually horrible, but playing for the Firebirds and Anchorage he was used to terrible rookie seasons (sorry bb ml and sleepy). Because of that, Blue managed to reach my expectations and didn’t disappoint me. His sophomore season though, blew my expectations to the water and beat them to a horrible death. I was amazed by the superstar season he had.
——

Task 14:
Done!

[Image: BoucherFan12.gif]

[Image: benzeev.gif]

06-11-2021, 05:33 PMKenitohMenara Wrote: [Image: BLUE.jpeg]
Welcome to the hall, Ben!

Code:

To say this is the worst season I've had in the SHL would be an understatement of incredible proportions. This has been a terrible season, I've gone back massively despite hitting a good level of TPE and I really feel like I let my side down. Having a GM player you really do feel the weight of expectation more, and I was very aware that I needed to do more if my team was going to make the playoffs. We all had a difficult year but with me not putting up even 30 points, I really do feel like a lot of the blame lies on my shoulders. It feels like I let myself down in every area, posting bad defensive numbers and horrific offensive numbers, it really was a bum season for me. It's motivated me to make sure I do whatever I can to ensure the next go around is nowhere near as much of an unmitigated disaster. I need to rebound and inspire my team back to a deep playoff run.

Code:

1. I believe WannabeFinn and Tomen to be the superior GMs in this final season. Relying on a gradual and sensible build rather than a mass calling in of favours to build a team, WannabeFinn has picked Buffalo up from the gutter when he took over, and led them to be the elite force we see now. Having worked alongside him as an SMJHL GM, I know exactly how good he is at his job and I'm confident he can lead the Stampede to their first ever Challenge Cup.

2. I would take Robinson as the more impressive of the young goalies in this match up. I think he had a less deep roster to play behind, he had a greater weight of expectation stepping into the shoes of a long term goalie in Jordin FourFour Jr., and I think he has had the tougher opposition to get through in order to reach the finals. Taking out a hot young Manhattan team in the way he did is nothing short of highly impressive, and I'd like to see him bring that play into the finals.

4. I believe that @Mayuu is the future of Buffalo. Not exactly a revelation, but it's only been three seasons since the guy has been drafted and he's already one of the stalwarts of the Buffalo lineup in his first season. He's a big game player with earning power well beyond the vast majority of people in the league, he's going to be a huge cornerstone of the Stampede for years to come.

5. New Orleans is a great place so I'm told but I'm going to have to go with Buffalo here. It would be great to get the SHL's best players up to Buffalo to catch a Bills game, stop at Tims and go check out Niagara Falls. Buffalo is an underappreciated part of the country and it would be great to see it get some more love in this way.

6. My first dangerous player is Tatu Makela, a fantastic two way defenseman who drives the puck forward fantastically, I expect him to be pivotal for Buffalo's success in this series. Second dangerous player, Viktor Marius. An MVP candidate this season, Marius has been a huge weapon for Buffalo this season and a massive factor in their success. Finally, I'll go with Alexis Metzler. Long in the tooth but still delivering, the wily veteran has been one of the very best in the league during his day, and if he can recapture that form this series he'll be impossible to stop.

Code:

If I had to break this one down, I'm going to go against the grain of some and say I think the Buffalo Stampede should win this one. The thing I like about them is they're just solid top to bottom. Every line and every defensive pair knows what it's doing, know's what's expected of them and just gets it done. That's what's got them to the point they're at now with the cup within touching distance. I like the Specters' squad, but I think they're more reliant on individual star players. For Buffalo to win, they've got to carry on executing like they have been, getting the job done in all areas and not being afraid to play a gritty game. For the Specters, they've got to get the puck to their top guys as much as they can and really push hard with their top two lines to try and outpace and out-skill the Stampede. This is a close series to me but like I said, I see Buffalo being able to get this one done. It could well go to seven games in my book, and from there, who knows what happens.

Code:

**[u]Important[/u]**: Send the answers to username "PT Director" with the subject of the message titled “#Scrambled-Izzy." [u]do not[/u] send it to my personal account cause i will [u]not[/u] look at it and you will not recieve credit for it. Do not post the answers in here cause you will not get credit for the task.  [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer]

1. pusesmakajolil
2. noewtdicatslo
3. lkgvironeoi
4. ihoswlilmlncsaai

PM sent.

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2019, 08:51 PM by FuzzSHL.)

[I'm an idiot please redact]

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

Code:

Overall, I had quite a rough sophomore season in the SMJHL I would say.  After a solid rookie year that saw me score 27 points in 50 games, I regressed down to 25 points in 50 games.  Luckily I continued my trend of performing slightly better in the playoffs, putting up 9 points in 13 games versus 7 points in 11 games last year.  Unfortunately for me, my one goal of a Halifax championship fell quite short.  Getting eliminated by the St. Louis Scarecrows was definitely the lowest point for me this last season.  I did have plenty of high points though.  I had a lot of fun with my teammates, especially with Perry and Dom away from the rink.  I'm definitely going to miss the shit out of Perry next season.  I'm lucky that Dom is sticking around for another year because I'm not sure I could deal with them both leaving. On the ice, I would say the Raiders' Pride Night was the high point for my season, it made me feel super proud to be a part of Halifax and really strengthened my bond with my teammates and community.  Another favorite moment was Game 44 against the Armada, we were able to finally beat them thanks to my double minor penalty I took on Olivier Cloutier.  It was nice to finally get payback after he ran me over at the WJC (and keep him from scoring against us for once)! @"Flareon4043" @bilbo @Jenny

Code:

I'm pretty sure I'm going to get in trouble for sharing this, but I'm still pretty shaken up by what I saw in the New Orleans locker room before the game.  I arrived before the Specters because I wanted to drop off my good luck gifts for the squad (everybody got their own brand new Roomba waiting for them in their stall).  The arena staff let me in and when I turned on the lights in the locker room someone quickly ran out of the room, knocking me over on the way out.  I didn't get a good look at who it was, but I am pretty sure it was @GeckoeyGecko, I'm not sure how that guy pops up everywhere.  My suspicions were only further confirmed when I found packets of ramen in players' stalls all labeled "Definitely not poisoned."  I'm usually a pretty trusting guy but I figured just to be safe I would collect all the ramen and move them into the Buffalo locker room.  Luckily none of their team had arrived yet either so I was able to leave the ramen in their room unnoticed (don't worry I took the non-warning labels off).  Hopefully they had a big meal pregame!  Wait what do you mean I am now responsible?  Why are the police here?  GECKO IS THE MAN YOU WANT!

Code:

Right now I'm just here to support the big league Specters and hopefully cheer them on to history.  I was incredibly lucky to be drafted in the first round by @JKortesi81 and @TheDangaZone, I couldn't ask for a better place to land.  Even though New Orleans is an expansion squad they've managed to make it all the way to the finals!  That means that even with my high draft pedigree, I know I'm going to be patiently waiting to make my way up to New Orleans.  There's just so much talent on the team that I just have to keep my head down and keep grinding in the SMJHL.  I'm hoping with a really strong offseason training program that I can take my game to another level in Halifax in the upcoming season and turn some heads in the Specters organization and see time as a late call up after Halifax is eliminated.  But I know I'm going to have to work hard, not only are the current Specters all amazing players, the other spooky prospects are just as talented and hungry.  I predict that Michael Fox @FuzzSHL is going to be the first of us to join New Orleans to be honest, he had a really solid season in St. Louis (and eliminated us like a jerk) and I think he could contribute in the SHL right now.  Hopefully I can join him and the rest of the team in New Orleans soon!

Code:
This is an historic finals as both franchises come in with some amazing storylines to boast! Write a TV ad for a "History Will Be Made" script and in 150 words or more add the details and circumstance that warrant either or both teams for this television ad. details could include a memory from there team's history, whether recent or past, it is up to you.

*screen starts blank and silent*

*fades into video of Oisin Fletcher @Evok throwing gloves in the air and then jumping into Aleister Cain's @SlashACM arms that are thrown in the air, the rest of the Specters flood in behind for a giant group celebration, the fans are going crazy in the background, it is like Mardis Gras in the stands*

Announcer voice over: "AND JUST LIKE THAT, ONE FINAL SAVE!  IN THEIR FIRST SEASON, THE NEW ORLEANS SPECTERS ARE GOING TO THE FINALS!"

*soft piano music starts playing*

*video begins to rewind: Richard Physt @CptSquall flies backwards off the pile, DeMaricus Smyth's @Blastmeaway helmet shoots back onto his head as he moves upright and backwards, Oisin Fletcher is launched backward out of Aleister Cain's arms and out of the frame.  Cain lowers his hands from the air and drops down into his butterfly, the puck flies off of Cain's pads and onto Dick Skillstedt's @"SwegButthole" stick, Skillstedt reverses out of the frame*

*piano music is getting real groovy right now, wow this is emotional y'all*

*video fades to white on the screen*

Text Appears on screen: "What if Cain wasn't able?"

*screen fades to black*

"History will be made."

*SHL and Izzy Productions Logos Appear, everyone who witnessed this cried and bought a Cain jersey*

Code:

**[u]Important[/u]**: Send the answers to username "PT Director" with the subject of the message titled “#Scrambled-Izzy." [u]do not[/u] send it to my personal account cause i will [u]not[/u] look at it and you will not recieve credit for it. Do not post the answers in here cause you will not get credit for the task.  [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer]

1. pusesmakajolil
2. noewtdicatslo
3. lkgvironeoi
4. ihoswlilmlncsaai

Will PM it to you

Code:

I bet you thought I was going to choose New Orleans.  While that would be a fantastic choice, as the fans there definitely deserve it and the outside people visiting would be able to experience the huge party, I am going to choose Buffalo for the all star game next season.  Why?  FLAMING TABLES.  Have you seen the Buffalo Bills tailgate videos?  I can only imagine what the Stampede fans would pull off in the parking lots around the arena there.  I'm guessing the league is going to have to sell tickets off of Ticketmaster again because a lot of weird shit is about to go down out there when all the beer is flowing.  Plus, this also is a nice consolation prize for the fans of Buffallo since they'll probably still be very sad from losing to the Specters.

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

Code:

Like the North Stars did team-wise, I struggle at the start of the season and went on a tear in the second half of the season. I would say that I am satisfied with the team and my regular season performance. The team finished third in the division which is close to where I expect us to be. However, I was disappointed that we lost in our first playoffs round against the Rage. On a personal level, the season was also successful with career highs in points, hits, ice time and faceoff percentage. Globally, I think this was my best season out of the five seasons that I played in the league so far. Then came the playoffs where I had my best sequence of games yet in the SHL and I think it will be really hard to top those numbers in the future. We went out in the first round, but I got 13 points and a +8 in only 7 games, which I’m proud of.
168 words

Code:

Code:

I think the Buffalo GMs have a slight advantage going into this series for a simple reason. The Specters are a new team this year, while the Stampede have been around for a while and I think that Buffalo’s GMs have an advantage because they have been able to do more tests and they possibly have a better understanding of how to set up the tactics and lines to get the best out of their players.
76 words

Code:

I think that Cedric Robinson has had the best playoffs run thought this point. Robinson only lost twice while Cain lost five teams, both it’s mostly because Robinson has a better save percentage, goals against average and more shutouts than the guy he is going against. To Cain defense, he faces 136 shots more than Robinson.
56 words

Code:

F: Joe Kurczewski, Oisin Fletcher, Roman Augustus
D: Alexis Metzler, Tatu Makela
G: Aleister Cain
The group of forwards has experience and faced some finals before while performing well in them, this is why I believe they would be able to repeat the previous performances on a new team this year. Buffalo defensemen are vastly superior to the Specters one and this is why I choose their two bests, in my opinion. I choose Cain has a goaltender, because I think he would outperform Robinson if they had a similar defense in front of them.  
80 words

Code:

If I had to choose between Buffalo and New Orleans for the next all-star game host, I will go with New Orleans. New Orleans is a new city in the league and hosting an event like the All-Star game could help bring new fans to the team. Also, New Orleans is a better city to host all the “party” events related to the game due to the city reputation.
69 words

Code:

Let’s start this preview with an analysis of what the New Orleans Specters will need to do win this final. The Specters are an expansion team, but they were able to build a really strong team from trades and players that were left exposed in the expansion draft. To come out on top, the Specters will need their veterans to perform at a high level and lead the way. Joe Kurczewski, Oisin Fletcher and Roman Augustus all have extensive playoffs experience and if they perform to their full potential, they all could be deadly in this final. On the other side, we have the Stampede who have been a work in progress for many years and they are getting close to their main objective. The big advantage they have over the Specters is all the talent in their top four on defense. If they are able to shoot down the Specters best forwards, they will end up with the win.  
160 words

Code:

From the Buffalo Stampede perspective, I would show footage of them and their playoff elimination from the last couple of seasons. I would emphasize on the players who are still with the team, what they went through during these seasons and tried to show how the Stampede improve throughout the years and how these learning experience results in the team being able to reach the final this time. Tatu Makela, Alexis Metzler, Dermot Lavelle and Viktor Marius would be at the center of this commercial.
For the New Orleans Specters side, things would be quite easy, since we are talking about an expansion team in their first year possibly winning the league championship which would be historic in itself. We would also play the card that all the players that ended up being picked in the expansion draft were seen as not being worthy of using a projection spot on during the expansion draft.
154 words

Code:

Send via PM.

Nor Ge
Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2019, 04:00 PM by DrunkenTeddy.)

Code:
Well, Phelps had a great season by individual standards, getting 53 points is great, it's actually his second highest point total in his career, 5 below his best season in S41 where he had 58 total. As far as team success goes, Phelps made the playoffs, which at the start of the season was the primary goal, but it was pretty disappointing to end up 4th in the east when 3rd, 2nd, and even 1st could have been in reach. It was also disappointing to be taken to 7 games against Tampa only to get beat in 5 against Buffalo. The Stampede are a good team and they've now made the finals to prove it, but we felt like we had a fighting chance and we fell short. I don't think I really have any issues with individual play, it was more team success that didn't quite come together this season.

Code:

1. It's hard to really point at either team has having the tactical advantage, while WBF and Tomen have been a GM pair for a while and both really know their way around the game, Jkortesi and TDZ have a fair bit of experience themselves from other roles before taking over as GMs of New Orleans. I'd have to say the edge goes to WBF/Tomen based on how long they've been GMing SHL teams and the fact that Tomen is a relentless sim testing maniac.
5. Buffalo has been around for a while now and I think the league would be wise to choose somewhere new and exciting, so I'd definitely lean towards New Orleans. I mean the expansion draft wasn't weighted heavily in their favor for the league not to show them off, so why not get people down to New Orleans for an all star game?

Code:
Walking into the Buffalo Stampede locker room you wouldn't expect to see anything too crazy, just a bunch of hockey players getting ready, maybe stretching, but when Robert Phelps of the Hamilton Steelhawks accidentally happened upon the Buffalo locker room he saw a sight that would burn an image into his brain that he could never get out. Robert's former teammate, Oliver König, was on the ground with his legs up above him in almost a T shape with teammates Tatu Mäkelä and Kevin Hamilton each straddling one leg. It was a weird mix between upside down splits and a weird three way situation. Phelps flustered by the situation ran out of the dressing room and it's reported that he was seen crying in the hallway on the way out. This may explain why Hamilton was unable to come back in the series against Buffalo in the conference semi finals this season.

Code:

1. pusesmakajolil
2. noewtdicatslo
3. lkgvironeoi
4. ihoswlilmlncsaai
PM Sent

Code:
Task 15: (Podtask, 3 or 4 TPE)
The SHL Network is excited to announce extended coverage of the S46 Playoffs through your speakers! From hit podcasts to fresh new voices.. submit your mini-pod and earn TPE! What you talk about is up to you, the only criteria this season is that all Mini-Pods should be post season related.

1 Man Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 5 minutes or 4 TPE for 7 Minutes
2 Man Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 6 Minutes or 4 TPE for 8 Minutes

** Note: To earn credit for this task, post your Mini-Pod in the link below. then link that post back to PT.
simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=94855

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

PH

[Image: Jepox.gif]
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2019, 09:25 PM by GoonerBear.)

TASK 1 (3 TPE)

This season was one of both increased personal performance and team performance. The Manhattan Rage finally snapped a playoff drought pre-dating my time in the SHL and, on top of that, bucked a trend among those ending droughts by winning a playoff series! Please don't do that to my heart again, though. Top moments of this past season for Reginald MacIntyre included scoring the game-winning goal in Game 1 against Buffalo, picking up a few goals late in the season and a scoring wave that saw a few two-point games. On top of that, he finally regained top 10 in shots blocked.

Downsides included an improving, but still negative, plus/minus, still not getting back to at least 30 points, and not getting vengeance on Buffalo for five seasons ago when they called up Whalers top liners for no reason. That will still be left as unfinished business for another season. For now, with the Rage improving more, there's hope this is the first season our window has opened to take the Cup.

(172)

TASK 3 (1 TPE)

I would give the advantage to Buffalo. The Stampede, while they have strong players, throw in a bit of unpredictability atop that and put the wine in front of their opponents and make them guess what they'll do. With their flexibility, several have wound up like the haughty Sicilian, face-down and defeated, for they choose poorly by playing along with it. (61)

TASK 5 (3 TPE)

Alright...so I was in the building in Buffalo for one of the games...I was still nearby since I still wanted to go to the games. Get the atmosphere, get that hunger to be here next year after the Stampede rocked us in the Eastern Conference Finals. And it's more convenient to hop over from NYC to Buffalo than to New Orleans. I passed by the visitors' lockers. Thought I'd just go say hello to some of the guys, maybe catch up with Clint @[Clint Eastwood] and wish him luck in the Cup Finals.

I saw it...they didn't seem to notice me. They had joined hands, laid sticks and pucks in a pentagram shape...Kurczewski (@[JKortesi81]) led them in a chant...I couldn't recognize the language, but they summoned actual specters to the mortal coil in that locker room...swirling and vitalizing them. I knew Kurczewski was old, but he looked old when I peeked in. Once it stopped, he looked like he turned back the clock to his prime. He and several others, the older ones especially.

They dropped us a hint with the team name. I don't know what exactly it is, but they are up to some dark magic shenanigans down there. I would not be surprised if they have someone more...professional do that for them at home.

(217)

TASK 9 (3 TPE)

Coming into the series, the team I favor is the New Orleans Specters. They have taken full advantage of their window to load up on loose talent and craft a scheme from their personnel, which includes past Cup champions like Roman Augustus, Joe Kurczewski, Oisin Fletcher, as well as budding talent like Piotr Czerkawski and DeMaricus Smyth. Got a steal in a keeper in Aleister Cain. Quite a few of these guys here just won it all last season with the Edmonton Blizzard in their all-in gamble to win the Cup. Buffalo has quite a few stars as well - Viktor Marius, Tatu Makela, Dermot Lavelle - though the experience just doesn't feel there or the same as New Orleans' does.

For keys to the Challenge Cup:

The Specters need to keep calm and play their game. Buffalo is erratic and preys on sending a different game anytime they can onto the ice. They need to stick to what highlights their strengths and make Buffalo have to blink and change.

The Stampede need to get shadows on the NOLA stars. They rely on being unpredictable, though as in chess, just because your opponent plays an unforeseen move doesn't necessarily mean it was a good move. They need to get guys who can neutralize the top scorers on them. They need to find a good two-way or defensive forward and say "you keep your eyes on Augustus/Kurczewski/Fletcher. When he gets out there, you tag in and stick to him."

(248)

TASK 13 (3 TPE)

Specters One season ago, there was no hockey on Easy Street. Whispers emerged of a new franchise. The whispers said it couldn't be done. They spoke of first-season jitters, of slapped-together lines, of a long-term adjustment. The whispers...were silenced. A deathlier hush has come. The hush of Death itself...passing over the Panthers and cutting off their roar...creeping through Chiefs Nation and quieting confident crows of another run...and now...ready to quell the thunder of the Stampede.

Stampede The time has come again. Championships have run dry in Buffalo for many years. Even within the SHL, the Stampede have never hoisted the coveted Challenge Cup. Talks of the President's Cup curse crept in as did talks of yet another Buffalo collapse so typical of many teams past. And yet...they have disposed of the rivals set before them in quick succession. The mighty Steelhawks...the fuming, resurgent Rage...both trampled underfoot in 5 games each. And once again, hope arises of finally parading in the streets.

This season...someone will finally earn the privilege to raise the most coveted prize in virtual hockey.

History Will Be Made

Tune in to the Challenge Cup Finals, only on simulationhockey.com.

(191)

TASK 14 (3 TPE)

Completed and sent

Speedwagon Player Page | Speedwagon Updates Page 

[Image: speedwagongifsig.gif]

[Image: GoonerBear.gif]
(This post was last modified: 04-08-2019, 02:00 AM by Troy_McClure03.)

For most players season 46 is over and you have had a bit of time to reflect on your season. Talk to us about how you did.. what were some of your players best and worst moments? what were your overall numbers? did you meet your individual goals? what areas in your game were you happy with and what areas fell short? Must be 150 words or more.

Troy McClure III had a forgettable season. While up in overall points to the season prior (28 vs 24) Troy finished lower in plus minus (10 points lower!) Troy managed to break the 100 hit mark in both seasons, and did slightly better on the power play in this current season compared to seasons past. However, all that matters to Troy is his team’s success, and in that regard Troy had a poor season. While Troy was always great at taking the body, the time has come for Troy to relax on catching players with their heads down, and worry more about the offensive side of his game. He needs to score more, before old age takes away his ability to score. It is noteworthy that Troy moved up from 9th in points from last season to 7th this season. However, that factors in the loss of 2 players, making him at least right where he was last year, if not worse. (162)

Pick up to 5 challenge cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth '1' TPE. Each answer must be 50 words or more.

While I love Buffalo (and originally wanted to be drafted there) the advantage clearly goes to New Orleans. They had a great expansion draft and an even better free agency. Buffalo did great to only lose one or two players in the offseason, and good on them for it, but Nola 100% has the advantage. (55)

Both Cedric and Aleister are impressive goalies that I think any team would take in a heartbeat, but I would say due to the Defensive depth in front and the overall support, Cedric had a huge advantage. Thus meaning Cain had a more impressive run in the series. Hopefully it ends in a cup win for the all star. (59)

Without a doubt on NOLA, I would say Nicholas Williams (@nixtoc I think? Check that) The young gun ran from Winnipeg and that decision clearly seemed to be the right one, pulling out 1 game winning goal and 2 game tying goals.

For very similar reasons, I would say Hippo Passamus is an important young gun for Buffalo. While he isn’t putting up as many points as Nicholas, he still has 1 game winner and 1 game tier, making him a very important part of buffalo. (86)

Without a doubt I pick New Orleans. Not only because of the festive atmosphere, but because the food is better (No one goes to buffalo for buffalo wings) and IT would be a truly special event. Buffalo has hockey saturation, Nola does not. The only real drawback would be if they could sustain ice for the entire weekend! (58)

For Nola, “Mr. Fists” himself, DeMaricus Smyth has got to be in the discussion. While you might argue the center isn’t unsung, he still has pulled out a series of game winning goals by himself (4) He is 4th on his team in points, and that just shows you the depth that NOLA has on its roster.

For Buffalo, I would say Cassius Darrow. This youngster only has 3 assist in the playoffs, but they have been big assists. The Minus 8 can be daunting for such a young player, but his pass first mentality has been given the Stampede new spirit! (102)

I can’t believe I have to put pen to paper on @Blastmeaway but sadly the HO has forced me to do so. I watched the entire team do line after line of a white powdery substance. First it was the trainers, but they quickly were removed from the situation by a player who I have never seen before. In fact, come to think about it, that player was most likely the supplier, wearing a green smock and being very pleasant. In fact, I saw that person later, and they offered me a tide pod. Anyway, the players went to work with it, opening the packages and spreading the powder all over the machines. By the time they were done the uniforms were super clean. I can’t believe NOLA would be so cheap as to not have proper staffing to do laundry, but here we are. I hope the league comes down hard upon them. (154)

The commish has asked that both challenge cup participants collaberate on a large charity event to be held during the festivities leading to the start of the finals, and you have been asked by the league to set everything up! What did you come up with? what sort of theme did you choose? what were some of the events to take place to help raise money? what players were very helpful during this process? where will the funds be donated? Must be 150 words or more. *tag anyone involved*

The event is simple, we have a bake sale. The players all must bake their favorite goods from their home country. Whoever makes the best overall baked good, as judged by the HO, wins. The only rule is, you cannot poison the HO. Last year, we all know how it was funny that they all got sick and @eggy ended up puking for a few weeks, but this year we are super serious about this rule. The profits from this event will go towards the “Eggy needs a new toilet” fund. Last year the poor thing was destroyed from violent vomiting. The only player that is not allowed to participate would be @Blastmeaway because of his history of making “special” brownies. We don’t want the HO to get high (we just want to poison them a little). Lastly, any unsold product will count against the team who didn’t sell its cap, so maybe the powerhouse NOLA can be taken down a peg or two… (164)

“Glad to be here, this champ cup series will be a tough one. If I was Buffalo, I would adapt a hard hitting play style that has worked so well all playoffs long. Nola can’t score if they can’t skate. I would force the centers to crowd the weak hand wing, and hammer the body at every chance. With a little puck luck Buffalo could walk away with a cup.
If I were NOLA, I would try to slow down Buffalos hitting by playing very passively for all but the top line. The top line would have to go hard, using a dump and chase, to wear out the defense. It is hard to throw a hit if you are already on the ice. I think NOLA is the favorite in this series, but I wouldn’t count Buffalo out just yet. It should be a long and tough series. Back to you Johnny!
(153)

Task 14 PM SENT

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!

(This post was last modified: 04-05-2019, 05:24 AM by goldenglutes.)

This was my last season in the SMJHL before I get called up to the big boys league, so it's been a bit sentimental. Overall, I think my team's had a phenomenal season and I'd like to think I played a part in that. The best moment was definitely at the end of the season when I secured top scoring defenseman, and I'm not sure what was the worst moment. This has been a season full of highs and not many lows, and I definitely met my individual goal of finally contributing both defensively and offensively to the team. Coming off a stellar offensive rookie season that was dismal defensively (horrible +/-), this season I've had both a breakout offensive season and a great +/- to go with it. I've established myself as a bit of a powerplay specialist, so if anything I'd like to improve my regular 5v5 scoring a bit. Overall, I'm very happy with my performance this season and I hope I'll be able to stay consistent and deliver us a Four Star Cup.

TASK 4: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
Design a signature for one of the teams in the Finals of them lifting the Challenge/Four Star Cup.. for the organization and its fans to use if they win the championship. Must include, at minimum, something resembling a Cup, a player render, team name, and some semblance of appropriate color changing to match the team.

[Image: otmeEUd.png]

There will be many SMJHL players watching this Challenge Cup series and dreaming of the day that they are involved in the SHL's biggest staged event. but first things first, you have to make an SHL teams 20 man roster. Talk about where your player is at within your SHL organization, who are the prospects that you'll be competing with for a roster spot? when do you hope to make the big clubs roster and what are your individual expectations in that rookie season? Must be 150 words or more.

Right now, Guy Zheng is slated to be called up for the next SHL season. The New England Wolfpack are currently low on defensemen, especially after trading Balls, and the team would like to give us rookies a shot. Since the team needs exactly 2 more defensemen and there are exactly 2 Wolfpack defense prospects, I'd say I should be able to make my way onto the team barring any S47 true rookie shenanigans. I should have no competition as both me and Perry Morgan should be moving up to be the new third pairing for the Wolfpack. For my rookie season, since I've been promised some power play time, I'd like to have at least a few points, even if they're just from feeding the puck to the superstars. I know I'll be playing somewhat sheltered minutes, so I'm just hoping we aren't too big of a liability to the team. Overall, I'd say I'd be very happy if I got over 20 points, a positive +/-, and more than 20 shots blocked.

PM'd my answer.

Task 15: (Podtask, 4 TPE)
The SHL Network is excited to announce extended coverage of the S46 Playoffs through your speakers! From hit podcasts to fresh new voices.. submit your mini-pod and earn TPE! What you talk about is up to you, the only criteria this season is that all Mini-Pods should be post season related.

Link to podcast post

Overall TPE from CW: 16

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

(This post was last modified: 04-10-2019, 11:49 PM by 5ympathies.)

Task 1:

S46 was my second season in the SMJHL as I came into the league un-drafted one season before and I had a great season. I finished with 20 goals and 19 assists and although I was just shy of the 40 point mark which was really disappointing I'm still proud of my improvements especially as the point totals on this seasons Kelowna team were more evenly distributed. Our season, however still isn't over as the Knights are facing off against the St. Louis Scarecrows in the finals. Last season they swept us in the second round which sucked as we performed better than expected in the regular season. This time, though, we're out for blood as currently we are up 2-0 on them. Hopefully I'm not jinxing this and we can come out on top as I would love to win a cup before going up to the SHL next season. 

Task 7:

Both the Kelowna Knights and the St. Louis Scarecrows have been asked by the SMJHL commissioner to host a charity event. For some reason, probably a mistake, I've been asked to take the lead. They didn't say anything about me needing to be unbiased and so I guess I chose to make them regret their decision. The charity event was a monster truck rally with numerous events. The main one, and my personal favourite was when the trucks ran over scarecrows (the hay ones, not the players themselves). According to @ImShiny, the Scarecrows players have a pre-game ritual where they put our jerseys on top of Scarecrows and beat them up, so this retaliation is fair. Some lighter-hearted events included face painting of knights and a jousting performance. A weird combination one might think, but I'm not a professional event organizer so this is what happens. The monetary proceeds raised will be sent off to a charity for animals, specifically cats because I like them more than dogs. 

Task 11: 

Right now I'm wrapping up what will be my second and last season in the SMJHL. New England Wolfpack GM Ace has requested my presence on the roster starting next season. In fact, he even asked if I would be willing to come up immediately this past season as a true rookie. Unfortunately for him I wanted a shot at the cup so I stayed down. I believe I'm the only forward prospect moving up next season and since the team is rebuilding anyway, Ace said he would put me on either the second or third line. In addition to that, he said I would get some power play time too. Other than me we have two defensive prospects coming up including my friend and teammate Guy Zheng. I'm not sure what the points are like in the SHL compared to the SMJHL but I definitely hope to pull my weight. I don't want to be known as a slouch who got gifted more ice time just cause he's active.  

Task 14: PM'ed

Task 15: Podcast LinkMini-Pod Post Link with goldenglutes

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]