Create Account

The Joe Kast Podcast Questions Thread!

do you have any ideas on how the SHL can retain some people who create and immediately go inactive? Of course we all know that we can get them all, but do you see any way we can maybe boost the retentivity of each draft class. From what I see from tracking the past 5 draft classes, is once you get drafted into the SMJHL as you know, it gets easier to retain people for the time being.

2 ideas that I have is to link the starting guide on the player creation so they just create their player and click the guide.
Another Idea is to also put the discord link there as well, so thats the first thing they see as well. So many times I messaged people and they didnt know the discord existed, and its such a great tool

Also having people approved quicker in FA would help a lot on both ends.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

(This post was last modified: 04-29-2019, 12:00 PM by Slappydoodle.)

I’d really enjoy hearing you talk about player builds. Could you spend some time going through the various attributes by themselves and in relation to the others?

As a GM of an expansion team, how was the process for you? What would you change for next time, if anything? Anything that went particularly smoothly that you’d like to point out?

Now that spring is getting underway, are there any outdoor activities that you particularly enjoy?

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-29-2019, 09:40 PM by Bonk.)

I do travel to Buffalo quite a bit for work so thanks for the 911 tavern tip. I will definitely check it out.
I have been sapling differnt wing places during each trip so please give me your top five wing joints in Buffalo area.

Who are the five greatest Sabres of all time?

And is it me or does current day Rob Ray remind you of a used car salesman?

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

So since this is my first time here. Let's take a stroll down memory lane, shall we with me and you. Obviously a lot of meme worthy and such with my articles.

But let's start with that Crows team. In we came, oh so close to winning a Four Star Cup. What are you memories about you and TML building that team and how members of that team went onto, big success in the SHL.

And then I really want to hear your thoughts on wrestling story arcs I made with players around the site. Obviously some didn't take kindly too, in which I get, not everyone's cup of tea. But it created it some fun and discussion in which it's what I wanted at the end of the day.

[Image: Crossfit.gif]

[Image: CFJ1.gif]

Thanks to prettyburn, TML, Carpy, JNH, Jepox, Engi, Karey, Flappy, Skolpadder, Mook, DollarAndADream, Smirnov and Toe for the sigs.

Code:
Crossfit's First Career SHL Goal, 4. Manhattan Rage , Crossfit Jesus 1 (Pedro Sarantez, Nucky Toohoots) at 5:51

Code:
Devitt's First Career SHL Goal, 5. Calgary Dragons , Prince Devitt 1 (Barry Batsbak 21, Mike Izzy 14) at 10:43

Bumping this shit up for JOEKAST #4!!!

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

if you had to sign 1 person right now, doesnt matter if they are an UFA "hypothetically" who would you sign.

whats your belief on trading up in the SMJHL

where would you value your 1st round pick. Is it always on the block?, it depends who you get back?, never want to trade your first?

When drafting do you look for TPE levels or activity levels, or just how they interact in the Locker Room?

Are you surprised by the jets sudden win streak?

What are the big suprises to you this season?

If we go out drinking in Buffalo, what type of dirt would like get out of me about @Steelhead77 ?

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

(This post was last modified: 05-06-2019, 05:48 AM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

Hey Joe!

Got some questions at ya this week.

-If there was a joe K’s best hockey players in the world list for the SHL... who would Make up your top 10 and why?
- Is there anyone in the SHL or SMJHL who has a chance to break esa’s 1063 total points?

Looking forward to hearing your responses!

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria
(This post was last modified: 05-08-2019, 04:38 AM by Tomasnz.)

Hi Joe,

You seem like you are involved in a number of SIM leagues. How do you manage this? is the SHL your home league? Or are we a mistress league?
I am considering joining another but worried I don't have the attention left to give it.

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page

Answered!

Hit me up with some questions for the JoeKast #5 which should be coming sooner than later this week!

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

How do you feel about me starting rumors that I'm getting traded at the draft?

[Image: mTgAyCs.png]

as a SMJHL GM, when you scouted for the drafts, did you delegate scouting to different people, or were you the main one that sent out messages? for me personally, I like me and my Co-Gm to message them only, as it gives us a better feel on what they are like, and answer any questions that they have. It could also be how Vancouver asks their questions and what we are looking for.

What do you expect S50 draft class will be? Would a lot of older members(like season wise) recreate or will it be more of a regular draft.

A side note on that, do you know what the SHL HO doing for the 50th

With the end of the regular season, let’s hear those award predictions.

Please talk about your line building philosophy. What do you look for? Anything you would rather avoid?

Looking at the first two seasons, why are the Specters even better this year?

Expectations for Nola for next season?

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

Any captaincy changes coming in S49?

[Image: mTgAyCs.png]

Who do you think will step up in the playoffs?

Honest opinion on the new Calgary logo?

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26