Create Account

Winners and Losers of the 2012 NHL Entry Draft

Quote:Originally posted by Witz@Jun 23 2012, 09:15 AM

tu mad

mad that my team is much better? ok

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Wilson is a decent prospect, but since he wasn't drafted by the Leafs I wouldn't expect you to abide by that. :lol:

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@Jun 23 2012, 12:13 PM
lol what a joke. Bash Poulliot and say nothing about Maataa. This is a joke LOLOL

JT

Be mad.

Leafs had one of the best drafts, you say? Of course they did, a Leafs fan is making the ranking.

Quote:Originally posted by Ochocinco@Jun 23 2012, 12:17 PM
Wilson is a decent prospect, but since he wasn't drafted by the Leafs I wouldn't expect you to abide by that. :lol:

That's why I said the Habs are the biggest winners of the draft and I love all their picks? Lol okay Rolleyes

Quote:Originally posted by Wheelz@Jun 23 2012, 11:31 AM

Doesn't take a genius. Come on. Pittsburgh picked at 8th and made a brutal pick. Washington made a brutal pick at 17 and they got a projected top 3 pick.

Yeah, but you don't even mention their steal. Stealing Maatta automatically makes their draft an A+.

Saying that is just as logical as saying one bad pick and one good pick equals an F.

Also you didn't give Flames an F, you picked a player 20 spots higher than he was projected....why?

I think the Canadiens got a steal in Thrower

"Had he not been hurt, he probably would have challenged [Sarnia Sting right wing Nail Yakupov] for the No. 1 ranking," Central Scouting's Peter Sullivan said of Rielly. "He's got that [Bobby] Orr-ish quality about him. He can change the game in all areas of the ice, so I'm not surprised he stayed at No. 5 simply because of how good this kid is."

And apparently his knee is 100% now. I am starting to get excite.

Quote:Originally posted by NathanAD@Jun 23 2012, 01:36 PM

Yeah, but you don't even mention their steal. Stealing Maatta automatically makes their draft an A+.

Saying that is just as logical as saying one bad pick and one good pick equals an F.

Also you didn't give Flames an F, you picked a player 20 spots higher than he was projected....why?
I don't think getting Maatta makes the draft an A+, you combine the reach on their first pick and stealing Maatta I say the pens probably get a B/B+ but it is obviously extremly early to be grading drafts lol

Quote:Originally posted by NathanAD@Jun 23 2012, 11:36 AM

well, this guy is a high schooler after all, and i'm guessing that with that pick, they're not quite ready to blow the team up yet.

Quote:Originally posted by Secord@Jun 23 2012, 12:42 PM

I don't think getting Maatta makes the draft an A+, you combine the reach on their first pick and stealing Maatta I say the pens probably get a B/B+ but it is obviously extremly early to be grading drafts lol

It was an exaggeration, just as F is an exaggeration. I'd give them around C, for reaching on Pouliot but then getting a good pick in Maatta. I'm not sure how anyone can give a team an F for reaching on one pick.

Quote:Originally posted by Bork Laser@Jun 23 2012, 12:42 PM

well, this guy is a high schooler after all, and i'm guessing that with that pick, they're not quite ready to blow the team up yet.

I was more asking why they weren't a loser in this draft for reaching for him, but Pittsburgh is.

Quote:Originally posted by NathanAD@Jun 23 2012, 12:44 PM

I was more asking why they weren't a loser in this draft for reaching for him, but Pittsburgh is.

Jankowski has big upside. Like, top 10-15 upside. He's a project for sure. Teravainen, Forsberg, and Grigorenko weren't on the board when Calgary picked. Pittsburgh made a big reach and passed over top talent in then process.

Oh shit I didn't even notice, Penguins have two Thunder Bay prospects now. Tongue

Speaking of which, have you watched much of Matthew Murray Cam? What do you think of him? (3rd Round to Pittsburgh)