Create Account

S47 PT #1 - The Big 4

C.  If you are relatively new, in 150 words or more let us know what players from your team, from discord or whom you have noticed around the site who you think may have the attributes to one day be apart of the SHL's Mt. Rushmore conversation.

As a newer user I am not fully up to speed on original S1 members who are the true foundation of the SHL however here are a few users who helped me get acclimated to the site.

@"luketd" Since joining I find a lot of the league is data management and Luketd has a great data source for players since S42 and contributes Data regularly to let all players know the TPE competition around them. I personally use his data to compare how I am doing to others and see where I missed opportunity and also to create draft articles. 

@Mike Izzy Since joining Izzy has always been prominent throughout the site. Managing the Player progression might be one of the more demanding jobs in the league with lots of discussion over PT's and how to do them. And with the player dedication and league dedication it was easy to see what you had to do to be one of the top SHL users simply from looking at the profile history. Almost makes me think Tom Wilson is a Lady Byng candidate. 

@TnlAstatine In the spirit of keeping SHL Rushmore diverse with players across lots of seasons; S45 Tnl has been one of the most active and friendly users from our large S45 SMJHL draft class. One of our draft classes TPE leaders, a WJC Canada GM first season, Tournament for fun during media, HO Intern to boot. 

@Leafs4ever After reading other users accounts it looks like Leafs4Ever is one of the common choices as a leader since the dawn of the SHL. What more needs to be said that others haven't said.

[Image: shepard.png][Image: giphy.gif][Image: TFOzBaZ.gif]

Thanks to @FlappyGiraffe and @ToeDragon84 for the making these sick sigs!

Quote:                            First Goal (3rd Game): Commander Shepard 1 (Nick Brain 1, Noah Gallagher 2) at 8:48

Code:
Code:
B. Let us know the 4 members who should be on the SHL's Mount Rushmore from the time that you joined the site! and in [u]150[/u] words or more explain why you chose them.

1. @slothfacekilla Jimmy fucking slothface. The stone cold killer. Kidding this guy couldn't even kill a drink much less another person. Wait this is suppose to by talking them up. Honestly Jimmy is one of the most active first genners and scours the forums like a fucking llama. Already over 1k posts and literally finds anything and everything thats going on in the site. Hes a one in a billion guy and would never hurt a fly. He a good boi.

2. @Segi. One of my first of many rivals I have started since joining the site. Nothing better than a little bit of friendly competition and this guy is one of the greats. Quickly made his way to smjhl HO and has the strict demeanor to get people to get shit done. I know HO has a lot of controversies but here's one of the greats and you know he'll never let you down. A legend in the making.

3. @Pingy Pingu Honestly who is more iconic to our site than the legendary pingy pingu. This noot nooter will go down in history as the biggest meme in SHL and not in a bad way. Oogley your boogleys and noot them noots cause there is nobody better at spam than this hero. I couldn't imagine the SHL without pingy so his head is going up there.

4. @Tomen The hardest working GM ever in my eyes. Endless simming and testing and scouting and tri hardness. I don't think anybody on the site knows as much back end (heh heh) stuff as tomen and I think he should be immortalized for his hard work and dedication. Fuck you simon for being so random and never lucky cause buffalo should be a dynasty already from tomen alone (and wbf i guess)

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

very detailed thoughts here

Jack Tanner (D) - [Player Page] [Player Updates]

[Image: mH3z832.png]

[Image: Beaver.gif]
One sig is tweed's and the other was a karlssens/Copenhagen collab

AC | Bank | Claims
(This post was last modified: 04-26-2019, 03:59 PM by Tomen.)

Code:
B. Let us know the 4 members who should be on the SHL's Mount Rushmore from the time that you joined the site! and in 150 words or more explain why you chose them.

@Leafs4ever :
This is one of the easier selections. Leafs has been a member since day 1 and one of the owners of this site add to that him being the Commish for a while + his 30 seasons as the Winnipeg Jets GM and flying solo he was so great that he is the only HoF GM to ever been inducted into it while still active as a GM.

@.bojo
Everybody knows how much improvement Bojo gave this league without him it wouldn't be nearly as enjoyable as it currently is. He did so much for the league from the player builder to the Bojo Box and with that recovering all the Team scoring pages except the ones of S1 and S2. For someone like me who loves the history of this leagues he is one of the greatest user to this league.

@Eggy216 :
I think that's a fairly easy choice. Eggy's accolades speak for themselves. TPE whore ( TPE record holder) GM of the S30-S33 NEW dynasty. SHL commish and the amount of league jobs he held throughout his time on the site he will definitely get a place on my mount rushmore.

@JayWhy/ @ArGarBarGar
JY is in this league for so long right now and held almost every job there is while also being the 2nd longest tenured Simmer. He has done so much for this league which was more hidden from the public eye. 

I also chose to include Argar here because he is someone that made quite a lot of great things for the site from the moment I joined the site. As a GM and constantly updating history stuff as well as the prospect tourneys/top 100 list . He brought a lot of joy to various kinds of people in this league.

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

PBE PT

[Image: gotze_team_siggy.png]
[Image: lKRNHAn.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-26-2019, 07:44 PM by Blastmeaway.)

@caltroit_red_flames So my first head, is an easy one. My man main, we've been a thing in one way or another since we joined the site back in S38. Winning a 4 Star and a Challenge cup has with him has been special and we'll top off the trifecta with the gold when we murder ireland so they cant play anymore.

@Samee As out there as this one is, Samee gave me my shot at being the Co-head for CZE. to be fair, there wasnt anyone else lining up at the door to answer the call, but samee gave the rookie a chance. He also took me in the s39 draft, the pick before @AssPancakes and 2 before @Dangles13

@JKortesi81 This one wasn't a surprise and im sure he's been tagged a bunch. Being the crows GM for quite awhile, picked me up in that S38 draft. Made me alternate captain to my boy cal and got us that s39 cup. He's also been a veteran leader around the site as a whole. No wonder i ended up in NOLA under his management.

@Dude This one is probably a bit of a head scratcher for some. Dude helped me design my 350 build while we were in STL together, this is the build that led me to earning an MVP in S40. But along with that him and I helped rework how updating is done. This is something that has gone relatively under the radar and i believe that Dude should be looked upon higher for his work as the Head Updater.

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

Honored to see my name in here so many times, thanks a lot, much appreciated. Here's my top 4 since I joined the league in S17.

@Leafs4ever - An easy and popular choice but he gets the nod for me also. One of the league owners, a 30 year Gm for Winnipeg and winner of 4 cups. Always calm and sensible in advising the present day HO and dealing with issues that arise, stepping in when a higher power is needed. He does a great job and has always been key to the league's success. Also had made some awesome players.

@teztify  - He was a prominent GM for Edmonton when i first came into the league, a guy who's been around forever and had some incredible teams in the mid-teens I believe. He's won 4 cups as a GM.  Edmonton had a dynasty back then and Tez was the reason. I also looked up to how he handled himself as a GM when I first started for Calgary in S24. Tez has also had some great players and is listed as a league owner.

@Eggy216 - Definitely makes my top 4, since he joined he's been on of the most active and positive members of the site, he's take on many roles and I feel has been one of the best commissioners we've had in my time here if not the best. He also ran a great team in New England for a long time and created a dynasty there winning 3 cups. He continues to hold the commish position and has not jumped off a bridge in 2 years at the helm, that gets my respect. He has also has made a HOF player and is on his way to another. The league has improved with him in charge and I'm very appreciative of all his hard work and patience.

@.bojo - Another former commish and GM, he did a fanastic job in both roles, WKP always had a great team with him leading them, always a contender and he created an great atmosphere for his players who all loved playing for him. He's created a ton of incredible things for the site also, like Bojo Box and the Build Calculator and who could forget blockey hockey! I've watched the league improve greatly since bojo joined here. He is one of the best things to ever happen to the site imo.

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

B. Let us know the 4 members who should be on the SHL's Mount Rushmore from the time that you joined the site! and in 150 words or more explain why you chose them.

1. @TnlAstatine
This dude is everywhere, and seeing as how I started in the same draft, that means that during my time on the site I get to see him a _lot_. The chance of you going into any one thread/discord and seeing something being typed from this guy? Pretty high.

He's incredibly active, works for changes he believes in and is always visible. With that said, his player is kinda trash.  Scrub

2. @Tomen / @WannabeFinn
A two headed beast that brought the Cup to Buffalo, with no one believing other than the selected few of the moo gang. Tomen worked really hard always making sure that the team always has what's needed to win, and that's big. WBF keeps people in check, which is very needed with this bunch. A true one, two knockout GM combo.

3. @JKortesi81
I bring Joe on as a face on the mountain mainly for what the accomplished with NOLA in it's first season since expansion. They did end up losing to BUF, which is completey understandable as they're the superior team, but the feat is still impressive. 

4. @BarnabasCollins
Throwing my SHL guidance counselor on here. Been great to me and everyone on the MTL squad since day one, always making sure that people feel welcome and that new players get taken care of when entering the league. It's gonna be interested for me to actually try out his shoes from the GM side this season.

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]

[Image: f7Sn74Q.png]
[Image: G7pWGHR.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-27-2019, 10:16 AM by goilers.)

There are way more than 4 members who belong on the SHL’s Mount Rushmore but for now I will choose 4. First off I believe DrunkenTeddy (Robert Phelps) should be on there, from the moment he joined the site he has done everything he can to improve the SHL and the experience for the users. The biggest accomplishment is moving the forums and making the transition so smoothly. Secondly Eggy (Rainbow Dash) should be on there. For as long as I can remember Eggy has been a part of head office and commissioner of the league and I applaud him for continuing to take this position even though everyone like to nag on them. Thirdly I’m choosing someone that helped me get to know the league and helped me out whenever I silly (stupid questions) Pris. She is someone that made my first impression of the league very good and she continues to help the league with her jobs and helping the newbies. Lastly .bojo, he does amazing things for this site and has actually helped out the PT incredibly this season (shh) and the bojo box itself can get him a spot on Mount Rushmore. There’s many more but these are people who have directly impacted me in my time here.
Code:
212 Words

Stampede Citadelles  [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]  Citadelles Stampede
[Image: goilers.gif]

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2019, 10:37 AM by XLeafer.)

nvm

[Image: giphy.gif]

1. @ej27 – EJ was the GM of the Kelowna Knights at the time that I joined and helped me figure out my build and how things are done on the site. On top of giving me a wonderful experience in my time in the SMJHL, including 2 Four Star Cups, she pushed WKP management at the time to draft me. A decision that both the team and I have not regretted since.
2. @Jenny – Very much for the same reasons as above. Jenny was co-GM of the Knights during my time down there and helped me see that the SHL was more than just the sim. But also about the community.
3. @.bojo – As much as he can be a pun in the butt, he’s the guy that drafted me to the Platoon. He’s also very receptive to player desires and when I wanted to move up to the SHL, he got me up. Beyond that he’s a really good-natured person that’s made my experience here all the better
4. @JR95 – Took over from Bojo as the GM of the Platoon and brought this team 2 cups and 4 finals in 5 seasons. But more than the sim, we got along almost immediately after he joined the team and has been one of the main reasons I never had the desire to go look at other teams myself.

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-27-2019, 01:52 PM by CFJ.)

1. @Nereus - Man I literally wouldn't came up of most of my meme stories about the SHL Shield. The SHL Shield wouldn't have became a thing without Luke "The Lunatic Fringe" Fleming. Was one of the guys I talked to a lot in the Jets Discord and before that in the Old Crows Discord, in which he wasn't really supposed to be there but Cam aka @BruinsFanatic100 just let him in cause for laughs, along with @Gooney . It was fun while it lasted, glad to share those memories with you friend.

2. @MWHazard - The Big Dawg Haz, a guy who just went along with the SHL Shield and was a real pro about it. I remember the first sim that the SHL Shield and Haz in the Jets Discord was telling me was like "grinning like an idiot" cause we were so good. Unfortunantly, we couldn't win one before Flem retired his player, but we were able to win one as a duo before I left the Jets for the Platoon.

3. @JKortesi81 - I mean he basically pulled me from the depths of hell of inactivity back in my SMJHL days with @Zombiewolf and helped me get to the desired build I wanted before getting to the SHL level. So I gotta thank him for that.

4. @Muerto / @JayWhy - A lot of great memories in the sim with this guy and it was cool just talking to him whenever I can on the Forums or on Discord. Would love to recreate magic with him sometime down the road. JayWhy is the GOAT Playoff goalie, whenever the Rage were in the playoffs he was locked in and there was no stopping him or us for that matter.

[Image: Crossfit.gif]

[Image: CFJ1.gif]

Thanks to prettyburn, TML, Carpy, JNH, Jepox, Engi, Karey, Flappy, Skolpadder, Mook, DollarAndADream, Smirnov and Toe for the sigs.

Code:
Crossfit's First Career SHL Goal, 4. Manhattan Rage , Crossfit Jesus 1 (Pedro Sarantez, Nucky Toohoots) at 5:51

Code:
Devitt's First Career SHL Goal, 5. Calgary Dragons , Prince Devitt 1 (Barry Batsbak 21, Mike Izzy 14) at 10:43

i've been around the SHL as more casual member for the better part of a year now. i haven't exactly made a ton of connections so i decided to pick a couple of people who have made my personal experience here great, as well as a couple of people who i have observed and believe they are important to the site.
my first choice was @ArGarBarGar. i don't know much about the user but aside from being able to build great skaters i feel like the whole "SHL on NHL 2004 project" is incredibly important to the future of the league. i feel like down the line the league could most definitely find a way to incorporate sims like this more and more.
another name i see a bunch is @.bojo. i mean, how friggin great is the bojo box? literally this person must have spent SO MUCH TIME on something for us all to use and enjoy, making our lives way easier. otherwise we'd have to go through all the old indexes.
personally, @DrunkenTeddy had everything to do with me sticking with the league early on in my SMJHL days. he's just so god damn knowledgeable when it comes to the sim and seeing his dedication to the site itself is almost baffling.
lastly we come to @JayWhy. this man knows exactly what he's doing. keeping first gens active and look where it's got him... things are clicking for the rage in a way they havent for seasons upon seasons. he is key to the leagues success.
honorable mention to @GeckoeyGecko just because i'd love to see the :geck: emoji carved into a cliff.
(This post was last modified: 04-27-2019, 03:19 PM by xDParK.)

@xDParK - One of the greatest Commishes of all time. Helped bring innovative ideas to the league, and was always looking for ways to improve. xDParK always tried to spark league discussion with new league ideas. He always involved the community in his decision making and was generally well liked by everyone. Even being voted #1 most liked member back when Abdeezy did his survey.

@O4L The greatest recruiter and Junior Commish of all time. Solely responsible for the large influx of new members back around the S20 era. He started the entire Reddit Recruitment drive back then and it still goes on to this day. This is the biggest reason why our league is so successful today, therefore O4L is IMO the most important member in SHL history beating out historic greats such as L4E, xDParK, Wadester, and Spangle.

@Kylrad The shyest member in SHL history deserves a spot on my Mount Rushmore. It's pretty hard to stick around a league for 6ish years and still be too scared to make a post in public. I really thought when I came back from my travels that he would have overcame his shyness, but he's amazingly still the shyest member in the league.

L4E/Bojo/Eggy/Argarbar - all deserve a spot, they have done amazing things for the league and are all definitely in the elite of the elite. Huge respect to all of them

Former
SHL Head Commissioner S12ish-S27ish
GM Dragons S8 & S9 (Won cups both years)
2x GM Of The Year
5 Time Cup Winner
League MVP

Past Players
[Image: HOF2.png] D - Aidan Richan - [Image: HOF2.png] (S5 11th Overall) Dragons
[Image: HOF2.png] C - Chico Salmon - [Image: HOF2.png] (S17 1st overall)  Renegades

Current Player
D - Chico Smeb (S46)

SMJHL - Drafted 65th Overall by Raptors
SHL - Drafted 23rd Overall by Dragons