Create Account

S47 PT #1 - The Big 4

C.  If you are relatively new, in 150 words or more let us know what players from your team, from discord or whom you have noticed around the site who you think may have the attributes to one day be apart of the SHL's Mt. Rushmore conversation.
1: @Dangles13 Aside from being the GM who drafted me to the Anaheim Outlaws, Dangles is a co-commissioner of the SHL and helps keep this site running. I see them working to implement new ideas and make the site a better experience for all. They also try to work with as many new players as possible to add more quality members to the site.

2:@Eggy216 Eggy is the other half of the SHL commissioners. He works on making the site a better place and serves as a voice to lead the SHL in many ways. They are also responsible for making many hard decisions across the league.

3:@Segi Segi has shown impressive effort for a first gen user becoming part of the SMJHL Head Office as an intern and now a full member. They are constantly active on many parts of the forums and discord. Their activity around the site and friendly demeanor makes them a great member of the SHL community.

4@GCool As the recently appointed Update Head, GCool is a tremendous asset to the league. They are in charge of making sure all players are updated correctly each week. I have seen them work on trying to improve and streamline the update process and make it an enjoyable experience for all users.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

A. Let us know the 4 members who you believe should be on the SHL's Mount Rushmore! and in 150 words or more explain why you chose them.

1. @Leafs4ever - While his choice of NHL teams to support definitely leaves something to be desired, it's hard to argue with the legacy Leafs has had on this site (in fact I'd say it's impossible to argue). I had the chance to work with him quite a bit when I had no co, and his knowledge and experience has gone a long way to keeping this site going throughout it's 47 seasons.

2. @.bojo - Definitely one of the site's true "builders." While he may not have been here since day one, I don't know if there's anyone who's had more of an impact on this site or its future than Bojo. Especially with updating and banking changes potentially in the works, the bojo era has only begun.

3. @DrunkenTeddy - Probably the one person who can give that statement about bojo a run for its money. He literally built this version of the site from the ground up, and continues to work on the site both on his own and whenever I frantically message him because I broke something.

4. @JackCross - He literally changed the simmer job, making it something that someone would do long-term rather than for a few seasons (at least from what JayWhy has told me, Jack was the first simmer I ever knew). He was extremely reliable and a great person to have in charge of giving us our daily bread.

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

ph

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-20-2019, 09:08 PM by Leafs4ever.)

Oh boy, Mount Rushmore of the SHL. I've been here since day 1 and it's really hard to narrow it down to just 4 people. You know that some very important people are going to be left out and it's not a slight against them, just the limitations of this question.

The first head on Mount Rushmore is @JackCross. Not only did he create one hell of a player in Vidrik Onoprienko, he was the first member to really perfect the simming job. All of the developments in simming can be traced back to him, especially being the first one to encorporate the schedule. No one was as dedicated to the league as him when he was here.

The second head is @"Easter Eggy". He started out as a elite defenceman with My Little Pony all over and slowly became one of the most important members ever. Ever since he stepped into the commissioner sit, he's brought about growth, change, and stability to the most important position on the site. There's a reason I won't let him step down from the job. He's too important to the league and definitely deserves a spot on Mount Rushmore.

The third head is @jkrever. I would gather that 99% of the league doesn't even know who this is, but without him this thing doesn't exist. He was the man who created the SHL as we know it. He created the league way back when and after it dissolved, was the one to bring it back from the dead and begin the journey to where we're at now. He's the literal brains behind the SHL and you can't have a Mount Rushmore without him.

The fourth, and final, head is @.bojo. One of my favourite members in the league, it's hard to argue anyone contributing more to the league than him. He's brought so many resources to the league, headlined by the bojo box, that his presence is felt all over the league. It doesn't hurt that he also created one of the best defencemans in history. No more jokes about not having cups though.

(351 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
0-0-0
Regular Season - [G 0] [A 0] [Pts 0] [+/- 0] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 0]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2019, 03:56 PM by esilverm.)

B. Let us know the 4 members who should be on the SHL's Mount Rushmore from the time that you joined the site! and in 150 words or more explain why you chose them.
1. Joe Kurczewski @JKortesi81 : The former GM of one of the most recently successful SMJHL franchises of all time. He built the team from the ground up with TML99 and truly made it what it is today.
2. Brady McIntyre @caltroit_red_flames : One of the most underrated SHL developers out there. He put together a shl scraping app back when he started and is planning on building more great things for the site. This IIHF Federation head is one that belongs on any Mt. Rushmore
3. Luke Thomason @"luketd" : You want data? He's got it. Luke has produced so many useful spreadsheets that help players compare their TPE and truly makes the SHL a more competitive site.
4. Esa Anrikkanen @Steelhead77 : This man is the GOAT. He was my first SHL GM to draft me when I joined the site and is probably knows SimonT better than Simon himself. Honestly I have so much respect for this guy and wish I could've stayed longer with my first player so I could've had a chance to actually play on his team.

(221 words)

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, and Ragnarr for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

@ToeDragon84 - Jason Visser has won it all and is as good as it gets on the ice. Toe was one of the first people I met in my short lived first players career. We were in the same draft class and he was hilarious and just so awesome to be around. We share a lot of the same interests, like hockey, plants and breasts. He is responsible for getting me one of my cups on my first player while I was inactive as a nothing TPE player.

@Chris-McZehrl - When I was checking out the website before even creating, this is the dude that stood out the most a few years back. It's been a while so I don't remember all the details but I just remember viewing him as a total selfish megastar player who was just going to get the most money and ice-time possible and fuck everyone else. I saw tons of great lifer players signing minimum contracts on their draft team forever and I just liked how it seemed I could really create a unique player. He has won everything there is to win and then some and in my few interactions with him he seems to really care about the site a lot.

@Mike Izzy - Izzy is just fucking awesome. Again he is a winner which is something that is cool to me but his overall presence on the forums is just awesome. I am old school and love users who actually post on the forums and miss the days of checking out the locker room posts each day. I think discord is awesome don't get me wrong but anyone who posts on the forums as well gets bonus love from me. He really does a lot to help the place run smoothly for the rest of us who want to be more casual.

@Leafs4ever - This guy is a pure legend with multiple awards name after him and he has been here since the very start. I don't know him too well personally but he has always been awesome to deal with and just great in the locker room. When I started he was on a Dman named Rembrandt Q. Einstein and he stood out as much as McZ did to me. His name was epic and he was already a legend at that point from previous players.

[Image: dVy6XWn.jpg]
[Image: 9POiosr.png]
First SHL goal on first SHL shot in first SHL game.

Code:
B. Let us know the 4 members who should be on the SHL's Mount Rushmore from the time that you joined the site! and in [u]150[/u] words or more explain why you chose them.

For this im doing my own personal mount rushmore

1. @caltroit_red_flames and @Blastmeaway (they count as 1 person to me) : I put them at #1 because without them I wouldnt be as active as I would. When I joined I picked Czechia because I wanted ice time, and when I joined up until now they are the hardest working Fed Heads, the amount of Blastmeaway puts into getting a bunch of analytical data for Czechia, including top 5 in almost all of the stats, having our depth chart so our members can check and see how they are doing, and Cal for making our LR one of the best national team LR, making it a great envoirment.

2. @adamantium and @Glyc and @DrunkenTeddy (they count as 1 person for me too): They took a chance at me at the 4th round, 32nd pick, and i told them that I would the best steal of the draft, and I think I succeeded in that. Without them Im not sure where I would be in the SHL, SMJHL and what I would be doing right now in the SHL. On a side note, thats why I love GMing in the SMJHL, because the impact they have in getting the rookies in getting active and involved in the community

3. @39alaska39 Its hard to put into words for this, Alaska and I started out in Czechia together, and even though our paths havent met in the SHL sim league until last season, we've always been talking, whether thats about the sim, or about GMing in the SMJHL, to whatever. Also he is the last Czechia(other than obsidian but he transfered) from S43 that hasnt gone inactive or recreated.

4. @Pris Again, without her in the S43 Rookie Discord I think we wouldnt have some quality members we would have today. She was such a useful mentor, its important for people like her to be there. They are the reason why people get hooked and people understand the SHL its because of them. When you create in the SHL you have so many questions, and that initial interaction with them is so crucial that they are a reason on why the retention rates are higher than they were.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

C. If you are relatively new, in 150 words or more let us know what players from your team, from discord or whom you have noticed around the site who you think may have the attributes to one day be apart of the SHL's Mt. Rushmore conversation.

(I'm not that new but I literally only know the people on my team)

To decide who goes on the current Manhattan Rage team's Mount Rushmore is definitely a tall task. Much like George Washington, there is one obvious choice that we can just get out of the way. Even though his player is relatively new, JayWhy is wholly responsible for the success of this team, and he deserves to be the first face up there. As the other GM, it also makes a lot of sense to get GeckoeyGecko up there as well. He does a ton for team morale, and everyone in the locker room loves him. Now for the other two I'll focus more on players. I'm tempted to put my player Rove up there, as he was the first pick of the JY era and is coming off a great season, but I don't think I'm active enough in the LR for this honor. Reginald McIntyre definitely makes it as one of the players. Not only is he already an incredibly successful defender in the league, his teammates also clearly think highly of him, as he was just voted captain of the squad. The final player I'll put up there is Alaska, who I think is another one of those players/teammates/users that will go down as an all time Rage great. So that's my mount rushmore, JayWhy, Gecko, Alaska, and GoonerBear.

223 words

[Image: 2v10l6s.png]

I am still quite new to the site, so I will be naming some people from either of my two teams or who have had an impact on my time here at SHL so far. First, I believe @"luketd" is someone who should be in the discussion for SHL Mount Rushmore. Luke was the first person to reach out to me when I created my player and he is very helpful. He also does a lot of work compiling stats and providing data. @notorioustig is also someone that I believe has the ability to work his way into the conversation of SHL Mount Rushmore. Tig is a great GM and I've really enjoyed being on his team. I believe a couple of my fellow S47 SHL draftees have the drive and capabilities to become SHL greats as well, including @SecondSucks22. Jax is really active and involved in the site already and has a lot of character. I also believe @WannabeFinn should be involved in this conversation. From what I've seen, he's an incredible GM and I couldn't be happier to have been drafted to his team.

(Chose Option C)

@sharksisback - Some excellent and compelling media about everyone's favourite SMJHL tire fire in Halifax make this guy a contender to have his face plastered on something, thats for sure. Wanted posters, maybe, but a mountain will do in a pinch. Love ya buddy!
@TnlAstatine - An overachiever for sure, one of the men who lay their marker down in the S46 TPE race. A future generational talent in the making, and is probably already the ace forward of his IIHF country to boot! He's always been nice to me and we probably have a mutual respect for one another as players.
@StamkosFan - This guy is roughly 30% of the reason why I get any TPE at all. Does some good homework and research so the rest of us unconnected peons can get ahead in the game. Hes been great to me in the Jets LR and I look forward to reading about my player scoring with assists from Ola Wagstrom in the future.
@hhh81 - Or Captain, as I will generally refer to him as even though his time wearing the C on the Colorado Raptors is long past. Already a Challenge Cup champion, set to be the anchor of the Buffalo blueline going forward, and will be a worthy opponent one day when I skate against him in a Challenge Cup Final

[Image: 0K3YdqN.png]

Agent of Nick Brain: Center/Right Winger - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of John Torrance: Advisor to the General Manager - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of Anatoli Terrorov: Head Coach - Colorado Raptors

Nick Brain Player Profile: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91326
Nick Brain Update Thread: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91332

C.  If you are relatively new, in 150 words or more let us know what players from your team, from discord or whom you have noticed around the site who you think may have the attributes to one day be apart of the SHL's Mt. Rushmore conversation.

As a newer member to the website, and someone who has been drafted to a team for under a week, my understanding of value on this site is still very raw. In no order, like the real life Mount Rushmore, I have listed four members who impact on the site has a visibly positive effect that I've been able to notice. @ArGarBarGar hosting the SMJHL prospect tournament is most players' first taste of the simulated life. The first gen preseason can be daunting and confusing, as you figure out what you and your player are working towards. The prospect showcase is the perfect event to show prospects the ropes of the simulation and index sites, and give the rookies some excitement leading into the draft. It was a major reason as to how I found the website so easy to get into. @Pris and @Nobody (sharing the role of the "faceless mentor") did a great job in the rookie discord. They not only answer any questions, but they play in the mud and participate in the banter, making the younger classes feel welcome and giving them nibbles of the locker room cultures to come. they could easily treat these interactions as work or chores, but every interaction is welcoming and informative (TDZ, Finn, and Teddy are great too, but i just spent the most time talking with the previously listed). @Wasty / @karey / @Harry Hans were the artists behind of the first signatures that I saw. As someone that had experience in photoshop, I could tell the level of care, detail, and effort that went into a signature. The creativity is one of the communities biggest strengths, and the visualization of this makes it easy for a newcomer to buy in immediately. @hhh81 I came in at a time where Darrow was a 4th year vet in the SMJHL, the captain of the team, played a major role in neutral/third-party teams (czech, etc), had earned a job as a co-GM, and was incredibly active on the discord. He led a struggling team valiantly, and was called up to play a role in Buffalo's impressive championship cup run. He is played an impressive model teammate, and i am grateful that he has accepted the co-GM role. His presence will be enough to bring in new players and to continue to grow the league. His Blue Jackets are pretty hot right now too. I hope he reads this before they implode in the second round.

Player Page || Player Updates || Visual History

C. If you are relatively new, in 150 words or more let us know what players from your team, from discord or whom you have noticed around the site who you think may have the attributes to one day be apart of the SHL's Mt. Rushmore conversation.

1. @notorioustig - The main skree man in my eyes deserves the head spot on Mt Rushmore. Given the layout of the mountain faces, it makes sense that Mr Falcon sits up front with his beak ready to pounce. But jokes aside, Tig has always been a good guy to talk to and quick to help someone new to the site (such as myself last season) and he trusted in my faith. Plus he found my graphics and media posts to be of top kek level so ya.. bias pick but what you guna do about it?

2. @Ace - the original wolfyboi himself deserves a spot on ol' Mt. Rushmore. The man can be considered the grand-dad of all NEW pups. He was really helpful whenever any questions come up and he also spent the time to reach out and connect with his fellow teammates. On top of that, the dude is a SHL/TPE legend. Currently ranking at 7th overall (according to his sig - don't fact check me) it makes sense that we pound out his face in stone.

3.@Pingy Pingu - If its one thing I learned quickly about what is unique to SHL, it was my ooga booga pingus dingus dingy ringy wingy flingy. I think I did that right. Anyways, pingy was hangin' around in Detroit LR a lot and while at first I honestly thought he was some sort of spam bot that people enjoyed having around (and annoyed the shit out of me), he eventually grew on to me. I consider him equal to a relationship I may have with a pimple on my ass.. annoying and painful at first but when it finally comes ready to pop, you're almost sad to see it go. So ya, up to Mt. Rushmore you go, I say.

4. Last but not least, it would be a hard snub in my eyes if we leave out our boi @Mike Izzy , and this isn't only for sucking up but I believe he has a spot in the elite 4 throne. Coming in at 5th overall TPE, some may say its a bit BS that he makes this list or @Ace because there are people with higher TPE (1. Jason Visser, 2285 for example), but there is more to being legendary than grinding out the teeps. Mike devotes hella amount of time to this site and drives PTE initiatves such as these so we can up our TPE to make our forum hockey players better because that is what matters most in life. And for that, you get a spot on imaginary SHL rushmore. Congrats!

[Image: PvZbGlD.png]
[Image: FszcRvP.png]
Thanks @"AndrewWarren13" for the sig

NSFL PT
Username: ADwyer87
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2019, 05:12 AM by Carpy48.)

Quote:C.  If you are relatively new, in 150 words or more let us know what players from your team, from discord or whom you have noticed around the site who you think may have the attributes to one day be apart of the SHL's Mt. Rushmore conversation.

Being halfway between still new and slowly learning my way around here, my group of four includes people that have helped me around here in one way or another. Technically there would be more, but I had to narrow it down. In a year or so those might be different people.

1) @TnlAstatine: He's not only my SMJHL team's captain and the first person I've been in contact with after getting drafted, he's also probably the most active player on discord. On top of that he's one of the most noticeable and helpful people in the league (soon to be in the SHL, too).

2) @"luketd": Let's just say the effort he put into his tracking/player data files has been useful to many people and that's not the only way he contributes to the site and the league.

3) @Pris  (representing all our discord rookie mentors): When I was new to the league I had so many questions, but pris always had an answer no matter how stupid the question was.

4) @Lazyeye: He was the person who gave me my first job on the site as a graphics grader after I've been asking a few times. Somehow it makes me feel more included.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]

B. Let us know the 4 members who should be on the SHL's Mount Rushmore from the time that you joined the site! and in 150 words or more explain why you chose them.

(This is my first post-draft season, so this is all relatively recent)

1. Bojo. Bojo is the greatest. He's on my team (WKP), and also does Bojobox and stuff. I also really like him. So put him up there on that weird mountain in the middle of nowhere.

2. Eggy. Eggy is the commissioner and also made a paint graphic competition during the offseason which made me very happy for a solid 20 minutes. Also who doesn't like a person with a player named rainbow dash.

3. Mike Izzy is responsible for putting up PTs and that seems like really hard. Also, he's on my fantasy team so maybe if I'm nice to him here he'll decide to be really good in the season.

4. As far as aI can tell, Roosevelt is only on Mt Rushmore because he was a friend of the architect. Therefore, I have decided that I shall go up on Mount Rushmore, in order to remind everyone that this "monument" has an arbitrary group of presidents some of whom were definitely alright. Basically I want to bring down the system.

[Image: 58170_v.gif]
[Image: 58170_s.gif]
Thanks to @Carpy48 , @sköldpaddor, @Weretarantula, @Bruins10  and @Wasty  for sigs
Extra special thanks to @Julio Tokolosh for the sick gif one