Create Account

S47 PT #1 - The Big 4

C. If you are relatively new, in 150 words or more let us know what players from your team, from discord or whom you have noticed around the site who you think may have the attributes to one day be apart of the SHL's Mt. Rushmore conversation.

I'm not relatively new but at the same time I haven't been the most active part of the community so it would be very hard for me to point out people that have been irreplaceable for the SHL. Instead I will look at the people that have helped shape Loks career to become the best player I have made in the three gens of SHL players I have.

First one will be Keygan - as I was slowly turning back to inactivity Keygan explained me some very vital parts about building your player as good as possible and pointed out the mistake of having low defence stats. That probably helped me shape Loks into a much better player.

The second one will be dankoa - my first ever GM (I was drafted for Steelhawks but i will never consider them my first team) he kept in touch with me despite the timezone differences and I think such people are vital for SHL to keep their semiactive players here.

Third one will be Velevra my current GM, I was long into inactivity when I received a message that I had joined a completely new team with a chance to make SHL history. I would never pass such an opportunity.

I would also like to include Jogy as one of the parts on the Mt Rushmore as she laid the foundation for the current Latvian National Team generation which has been getting some good achievements lately.

Japanese goaltender - Keisuke Suzuki

Japan Timber

Former winger for Chicago Syndicate - Romualds Loks

Latvia syndicate Militia

Also a SHL, SMJHL and IIHF Champion with Intars Ogle

Latvia  Steelhawks

[Image: b6RVUUV.png]
By teztify
(This post was last modified: 04-23-2019, 02:06 PM by twils.)

The 4 members I would like to celebrate are the following:

@[.bojo] : Bojo has done a ton of work for the SHL. He has always been a prominent member in my time here. The Bojo Box is a huge benefit for the league by being able to actually keep track of stats. Not to mention the countless other things I don't know about but I'm sure he had a hand in. Not only has been productive, he is an excellent member of the site in his LR and around the forum.

@Eggy216 : Like Bojo, Eggy has been one of the most prominent members of the site in my time here. Eggy has contributed a ton to the site and done a great job as commissioner. I don't know you personally, but you seem to be a standup member of the community.

@Steelhead77 : Being the highest scoring player of all time earns you a spot on mount Rushmore in my books. The reason we're all here is to build great players and you have done a great job of that. Not only that but your GMing abilities demands respect, I hated Calgary basically the whole time I played for Seattle and that's all cause of your outstanding management.

@JayWhy : I haven't seen you around as much, but I'll give you a spot in the top 4 for all the countless seasons you were the simmer. Your contribution has not been forgotten. On top of that you built one of the best goalies of all time so that furthers your case.

Player Page --- Update Page
[Image: twils.gif]
Picture credit to Allen, Jenny, enigmatic, Wasty, ckroyal92, 701, and EJ

300+ Career Goals, 750+ Career Points
5th All-Time Goals Scored for WKP,
8th All-Time Goals Scored for SEA/TBB
3rd All-Time in Playoff Points
17th All-Time in Goals

6 Consecutive 50+ Point Seasons, 7 Total
Quote:"idc if ur naked if ur holding that cup" -Jenny

My Big 4:

@Eggy216 - Eggy does a lot for this league that we all see, but he also does a lot behind the scenes and really steps it up when he needs to. It's been a while since I was part of the SHL HO, but it was clear to me that he cared deeply about this community and wanted to see it grow. I think his involvement in the site has led us to grow as time goes on and that's not a bad thing at all.

@Leafs4ever - Leafs is an old time member, one of the "owners" of the site, a GM for an extremely long time and one of the most familiar faces on the site. I once turned him down to co-gm Team Canada with me when I didn't really know who he was and fully admit that was a massive mistake on my part. If someone posts their big 4 and it doesn't include him they are either new or joking.

@teztify - Tez is another "owner" of the SHL, but I don't think he's as high profile as Leafs is. Despite that I think he does a lot behind the scenes for this community and is always around when needed. He weighs in on HO debates and decisions and has a very level head on his shoulders.

@.bojo - Bojo's contributions to the site have helped a ton, the player builder tool itself has helped for a long time but it's code was also used in the player creation form, then there's the bojo box, which basically became the single source for historical stats for the SHL and now with this new banking app, his contributions definitely put him up in the big 4.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

@Bleak should be on the mountain because he wasn't afraid to ask the questions that people really wanted asked but were too afraid to do so in public. He was a massive generator of public discussion and was never fully appreciated for it, but the time is now.

@stud should be on the mountain because he has continued to push the envelope while dodging as many suspensions and bans as possible. He's had some solid players and never got the appreciation for those either. He also continued to grind in the SMJHL and pass many of his fellow S47 draftees despite the league black balling him and never actually drafting him. Good attitude, good player. Lot of other lesser men would have quit.

@gorlab should be on the mountain because he exposed those like mpclardy and wasn't afraid to tell it like it was. He also had a lot of great contributions to the site and is a gfx god. Helped expose a lot of problems with HO.

And finally @ArGarBarGar should be on the mountain for finding a way into the MTL GM HOF while only GM'ing one season and doing nothing of note. Takes just pure guts to do that.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers
(This post was last modified: 04-23-2019, 05:02 PM by Lynxfire.)

Option c, as I'm still 'fairly' new and don't interact much with the people in charge:

@WannabeFinn & @Tomen
These guys built a championship winning roster last year, and not only that, they had the brains to draft me, so I gotta say they have a bright future ahead of them. And I know that the roster build wasn't a one season fluke but a steady progression over a number of seasons.

@Acsolap
Assclap is a great SMJHL GM who helps out the rooks and gets them situated to the league. His teams are always competitive and the locker room is great. Furthermore his name makes for great nicknames. 

@Tomasnz
He's new, and a goalie, but already has a juniors gold under his belt as a GM and has been reaching out his goalie tendrils all over the site in terms of jobs and finding new ways of participating. If he keeps this up he'll be running the site in a few years.

[Image: Rq2Dtaw.png]  [Image: Anchorage.png]  [Image: PPpK5xb.png]

[Image: vE2xRO8.png]

Code:
A. Let us know the 4 members who you believe should be on the SHL's Mount Rushmore! and in [u]150[/u] words or more explain why you chose them.

First up is @Eggy216, the longtime SHL commissioner whom without our SHL experience would not be the way it is today. Their portrait on the SHL mount Rushmore would also be a bust of Rainbow Dash, which would be hilarious.

Then @Mike Izzy, the foundation of our PT's and the reason we get to answer fun questions like this. The creativity and variety helps keep members interested and slowly builds the lore of so many member's players, making it important that Izzy is represented for his creativity on the site.

Third is @ArGarBarGar, a longtime member of the site, locked-in HOF player, and one of the most recognizable and well-known people on the site for so many people. Also invaluable is running the prospect showcase, a great thing that Argar does out of his own time for everyone's enjoyment, and for the engagement of new members and players.

Finally we have @Nobody, the limey bastard with the recognizable dialect as he hosts the live-stream of the drafts, as well as shoring up the pillar of the SHL that is the SMJHL commissioner position.

[Image: N8JhTE5.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-23-2019, 06:53 PM by bk1689.)

Image is to big to post, please click This Link

[Image: Bk1689.gif]

B. Let us know the 4 members who should be on the SHL's Mount Rushmore from the time that you joined the site! and in 150 words or more explain why you chose them.

@"Easter Eggy" Eggy has been a constant for the site since I joined in S38. Anyone that has never had to share a discord or a team locker room with him should look forward to the opportunity to share one with him. One of the most caring, and driven members of the site, I don't know if I can see the league without his leadership as commish. While we might not always agree with HO, I think we can all agree that Eggy does this cause he cares about the league and it's members.

@Steelhead77 Now, I've never shared a SHL LR with Esa, but all of my interactions with him both as a GM and just a member of the site in general has been nothing but spectacular. An extremely positive individual and very cordial when you interact with him, Esa cares so much about the Dragons that its palpable. I did the PBP for one of their Challenge Cup wins and he asked very politely for me to add a message at the end of the game for his team and for the team they had played. Esa is the pinnacle of GMs in this league and he has my utmost respect.

@Sleepy The guy who drafted me into the SMJHL, gave me a chance to GM, and left the Firebirds to, Sleepy is one of my favorite people on this site. He's a selfless, caring guy who was and still is an inspiration to how I am to act here. Love you bud

@Mike Izzy When I picked Austria as my player's place of birth I didn't know what I was getting myself into. I just thought "small country that hopefully I can break into the senior team quickly with". After a bit of my first SMJHL season, Izzy invited me into the Austria LR and the rest is history. A lot like his boss in Calgary, Izzy is supremely passionate about Austria and trying to win for his players. Very few truly care about their IIHF teams as Izzy and its infectious. He's built a terrific LR of great people that all want to succeed. One of the people I look up to most in this league.

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

Head 1:
@Tomen 
Tomen is such a great member to the site, I feel like he is being underrated in this PT. Anything you ask him about the league and he probably knows it off the top of his head, the dude is a human history book, The great thing is that he not only knows all these things but actively applies them to situations that occur on the league's day to day in order to help solve the problem.

Head 2:
@DrunkenTeddy 
Teddy has done so many things for the site. He has been an SMJHL GM, and SHL GM, and his most important role in my eyes one of the developers of the site. He has constantly seen to it that the league is run in the proper way in order to function, and his contributions to the site should put him into GOAT status in my eyes.

Head 3:
@Eggy216 
Eggy has been the commissioner for so long, and I think the most impressive part about his tenure is that he still seems to be relatively liked in his position. It is hard to be in a position of such power and still have so much approval, especially when nearly every decision has two sides and one of them will always end up angry.

Head 4:
@"luketd" 
Luke is one closest friends on the site, and even though he started the nickname Tummy I still have to give him credit where credit is due. Luke has done a fantastic job compiling data about the leagur over the few seasons that we have been on the site, and you can see the immediate impact of this in his posts about how draft classes retention looks like.
(289 words)

[Image: cooldudeam1234.gif]
(Sig Credit: toedragon84)

B. Let us know the 4 members who should be on the SHL's Mount Rushmore from the time that you joined the site! and in 150 words or more explain why you chose them.

#1: @Eggy216
Eggy was my old GM in Montreal way back when, and him and @Ballerstorm kept me around and basically helped me enjoy SHL. They're the reason I'm still around, especially when Eggy drafted me to New England and helped me make some great friends over the years. Plus Eggy has been commissioner for so long and has kept the site running smoothly during his tenure. Truly a great member of the community.

#2: @.bojo
Bojo is a great member of the community who GM'd West Kendall for a long time and in my eyes made them a very respected franchise with him at the helm. He also has done a lot for the site in terms of coding such as the player builder tool and the Bojo box, which a great resource for historical stats.

#3: @[Mike Izzy]
Izzy is hyper active and seems to be everywhere. Running the PT Team he's come up with some interesting point tasks and I've actually enjoyed a lot of these.

#4: @Evok
Evok was the SHL simmer for a while and was a really good friend and teammate on New England. She's done a lot for the site since she joined and is a great member of the community.

Code:
Like 200 words

[Image: Jepox.gif]

@Zoone16 Zoone drafted me to the Kelowna Knights a few seasons ago and you couldn’t have asked for a better GM in the SMJHL. The Kelowna Knights are a welcoming group of people with a rich history in the SMJHL. Zoone is a good mentor and will always you with your questions.

@Steelhead77 In a big poule of rookies and recreates Esa picked me 21st overall. I’m still not sure why, but I guess he saw something in me. With Esa as GM the Calgary Dragons are a very nice bunch of people who all together create a very positive locker room. Besides that, Esa is also always open to run by your ideas or questions. And I'm not even talking about his player and his achievements. Take them into account and he should be on all 4 heads.

@Mike Izzy Mike Izzy does so much for the site and Dragons organisation that he should be on that Mount Rushmore. All his work in the PT department and the awesome videos he makes, makes him a prime candidate in my eyes.

@Eggy216 I've not been part of the site for that long, but long enough to notice how dedicated Eggy is and to see how much time is put into this site. Also as head office you probably get a lot of shit and through this I show some love for HO <3

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

Quote:C.  If you are relatively new, in 150 words or more let us know what players from your team, from discord or whom you have noticed around the site who you think may have the attributes to one day be apart of the SHL's Mt. Rushmore conversation.

Entering my third season, I have already encountered a few people who have the makings of finding themselves on the Mt Rushmore of the SHL. The first person on my list is @JKortesi81. Current GM of New Orleans, Joe had previously been GM of the SMJHL's St Louis Scarecrows. After bringing St Louis a few championships, he took the opportunity to move up and become a GM in the SHL. New Orleans quickly became a team to be taken seriously, and ultimately dropped the Challenge Cup in 7 to Buffalo. His player is the all-time leader in playoff points, and Joe has done enough both "on ice" and "off ice" to eventually find himself on "Mt Rushmore." The next person on my list is his Co-GM in New Orleans: @TheDangaZone. TDZ might not be as accomplished in the SHL as JKortesi is, but TDZ's accomplishments can be felt "off ice." When I came into the league, he was one of, if not the most helpful person in getting me situated with the league before I got drafted. I know I was not the only person that he helped, and with his success in the IIHF, the argument could also be made for TDZ to find himself in that group. Here's where things get tricky. The next person on my list, much like TDZ, has his achievements felt more "off ice" than on it. @Blastmeaway has a pretty good player in DeMaricus Smyth, but Smyth's career totals isn't anything eye-catching. His help alongside Luke in helping to make updating easier is something that can't be ignored. If it weren't for him, and in this case @"luketd" as well, who knows where we might be in terms of player updating, and their work "off ice" should warrant an argument for each of them as well.

[Image: 60859_s.gif]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

I'm going to take a bit of a different approach and make a SHL ladies Mt Rusmore.

1st up is @Jogurtaa or yogurt as we called her back in the Texas days. One of the sweetest people on the entire site and Latvian IIHF cornerstone for many seasons. You can't have an all female Rushmore without her for sure. Her player Pettyfer had 550 points in 708 SHL games which is a damn fine career.

2nd up is @prettyburn. Another legend on the site who has held many jobs over the years including a stint in HO. She is a Wolfpack legend and is definitely who you think of when you think of the history of that franchise. She also had an amazing player in Nathan Russell who had 607 points in 758 games.

3rd up would have to go to @Pris. Pris was a damn fine PT director who left Izzy quite and act to follow and she was missed tremendously in her bit of an absence there. She also spends alot of time helping the new people on the site. Another lady who could make a damn fine player, Pietra Volkova scored 528 points in 701 SHL games in her career.

4th would be @ej27. Another member who works with the newer members as a part of the SMJHL PT team. It was great to have her on the Dragons at the tail end of Mikko Linna's career afetr many seasons with the Platoon. Another lady who could make a sweet player, Linna scored 645 points in 750 games in the SHL.

There are some other ladies who have also been amazing on the site since I've been here but I wanted to take some time to give a shout out to the ladies who rock the SHL. And these were the 4 that really made an impression to me so congratulations ladies, here's your very own SHL Mt Rushmore.

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

1. Eggy216 - Eggy has done a great job of running the league since I've joined. We've seen a significant amount of growth over the past year or two including an expansion which went very smoothly. Although there is the occasional hiccup the league has had a lot of success and has been run as well as you could possibly ask for.

2. ArGarBarGar - In the past few seasons he retired what is in my opinion possibly the greatest player in SHL history. Not only that but he also does an obscene amount of work around the league, ranging from his Top 100 rankings to his historian work.

3. Nobody - The king of jobs, this guy can do it all. Since joining the league in the same season as me back in S38, he's been a banker, GM, IIHF head, and SMJHL Commish on top of other jobs. The man does it all and is a valuable member of the community.

4. Mike Izzy - Probably one of the most valuable people around in terms of creating as great an experience as possible for all SHL users. Widely respected, and a fantastic player in the league.

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

PBE PT

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page