Create Account

S47 PT #1 - The Big 4

Leafs4ever : He was one of the most productive commissioners back in my time (not sure if he still is one). The Winnipeg Jets were basically his child, the amount of passion he had to make that team great is one i will never forget. He was also notorious for the longest time for not having a co-gm, which meant he knew he was going all in on his commitment. He's a key factor as to why the SHL still stand today

JayWhy : God I remember this guy back when I was here in the late S20's, glad he is still around. I swear he's done almost every job here and consistently gets new members excited about joining the SHL. he's GMed some great teams, created some very fine players and has arguably assisted in the production of many of the SHL greats and will most likely continue to do so

Eggy216 : I think he's done a great job as commissioner so far. I also think he's made some fantastic players. seems to be a team first kind of guy and in a world where everyone seeks the spotlight.

@Mike Izzy: gotta throw some love to the man running the PT system Wink i use to do it myself long ago and god let me tell you while I enjoyed it, it is harder then it appears. keep on doing a great job and I'm looking forward as to what you have in store for us this season

[Image: zcOwSzN.png] [Image: b1AwZLU.png]
First ever Yukon Malamute draft pick (1st overall S65)

[Image: ezgif-3-597e9990a5.png]

I wanted to check for people in my class. As a S46 draftee, there is a lot of them to sift through, but I think the few that pop up the soonest are probably the ones that deserve the most recognition.

@ArGarBarGar – Honestly, this is a guy that maybe deserves it already. A long standing user in SHL, even in the biggest draft class stands head and shoulders above all the other players that are competing with him. How insane is that? Argar on top of that has a very enjoyable podcast, and also works on so many places in the league I actually don’t remember any so I can’t really name them. But really, probably the frontrunner from the S46 peeps.

@TnlAstatine – If Cannellini wouldn’t be his fellow draftee, I think Luffy would be the best player in the class. His lead would be weaker, but it would be a lead nonetheless. A proper TPE whore, Luffy is hyperactive around the site, stole my banker job, and is one of the faces of our draft class. Proper lad.

@"Flareon4043" – Am I biased? Probably. But Flam has taken the league by storm, already serving his second season as a co-GM, GMing WJC teams, having jobs, even earning some solid TPE and having a good player...if he keeps going on, he might get a spot for sure.

@ztevans – Of course recreates have an advantage in this comparison, but I cannot ignore ztevans in this class here. A quality guy, a quality player, a long serving member, and again as active as possible, ztevans really does everything you want from the face of your franchise, draft class, or even league.

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
[Image: image.png]

[Image: jsZPkv0.png]

@Leafs4ever
@Ace
@Wasty
@Chris-McZehrl

[Image: fever95.gif]
[Image: LpkqUbe.gif]

PREVIOUS PLAYER STATISTICS

1. Nando

Who could forget the great Fernando Garcia?! One of the league's most famous figures and a key proponent in making the SHL into the wonderful thing it is today, without the guidance and vision of Nando, the league would be a very different place.

2. Samee

One of the most energetic and enthusiastic people the league has ever seen, I don't think I could think of anyone better than Samee to represent the enthusiasm that some members have for the SHL.

3. Rezik

A member of the site who unfortunately passed away, Rezik was a great member of the community and someone who really helped make a positive vibe and atmosphere for those around him. Someone who is dearly missed, not least by the members of the SHL, he will live on with this site.

4. formx

Once a member of the SHL Head Office, formx was an active and valued member of the SHL community who contributed a lot during his time here, his legacy is still felt today in many ways and he is missed by a lot of people

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

PBE PT - Bayley

The four people I would choose for my mount Rushmore are @gorlab , @Steelhead77 , @Gooney , @FourFour . These were easy choices, all for there own reasons, and each have qualities that bring out the best of the SHL. Gorlab was a legendary member in my opinion, who's voice was always undervalued. He was the face of the SHL at his peak with his forum shitposting. Esa is the greatest gm of all time, along with one of the greatest players of all time. Nothing but respect for him. Gooney is probably the best at rocket league on this site, besides me, and is also one of the cutest without a doubt. FourFour, although a terrible GM, had a legendary goalie that was in net for the Renegades dynasty of the S20's. He also freaks out about broken plates but oh well what can you do. These four members are the creme of the crop when it comes to the SHL, without a doubt in my mind, all four deserve to be up there.

[Image: 6Xj1IWG.png]

Player Page || Update Thread || Signatures

[Image: PoQh1Wx.png] [Image: rmu9FS0.png][Image: VxdFjLy.png][Image: QKcW3J4.png] [Image: RoypPRF.png]

C.  If you are relatively new, in 150 words or more let us know what players from your team, from discord or whom you have noticed around the site who you think may have the attributes to one day be apart of the SHL's Mt. Rushmore conversation.

Head 1, George Washington: @Daco
Much like George Washington, Daco was here at the start of the SHL and he freed America from the British. Daco also had a trophy named after his player, Scott Stevens, just like how George Washington had a state and the capital of America named after him.

Head 2, Thomas Jefferson: @ArGarBarGar (I'm sorry you must get tagged a lot)
Just like how Thomas Jefferson wrote the Declaration of Independence ArGarBarGar wrote the top 100 SHL players, and not just once like Thomas Jefferson did but season after season. I'd even argue that he could do better on the real Mt. Rushmore than that slacker Thomas Jefferson.

Head 3, Teddy Roosevelt: @SecondSucks22
Im PRETTY SURE that SecondSucks22 has wrestled a couple of bears before. Also if people had presidentsonas I'm like a billion percent sure that SecondSucks22's would be Teddy Roosevelt. Actually as far as I am aware he could be Teddy Roosevelt. The point is I don't have to make a comparison here, SecondSucks22 is just literally Teddy Roosevelt and that means he is already on Mt. Rushmore.

Head 4, Abraham Lincoln: @"luketd"
Abraham Lincoln was once the President of the United States, that is a true fact you can look it up. Luke is the GM of the Vancouver Whalers which is the SHL equivalent of being the President of the United States. He also built the championship contending team like how Abraham Lincoln built a log cabin. Sadly this means that Luke will meet his end of days after being assassinated by John Wilkes Booth.

[Image: lrBXhVG.jpg]

[Image: TqPg1ou.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png] [Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: wu5MVvy.png%5D]

C. If you are relatively new, in 150 words or more let us know what players from your team, from discord or whom you have noticed around the site who you think may have the attributes to one day be apart of the SHL's Mt. Rushmore conversation.

The first member of the SHL Mount Rushmore has to be @Zoone16. The actual GM of the Kelowna Knights has been a big part of my reborn interest in the league. He contacted me first as an undrafted prospect without knowing I had previous ties to the Knights. He would deserve a top 4 spot on the mount for this alone and add to that current team performance and chemistry, he's a lock in.

The second player would be David Vent @ImShiny. This guy is arguably the toughest motherpucker of the Kelowna Knights, after Nathan Explosion(just kidding he's way more brutal). Did you know this guy already has 24 fights in various competition level over only 2 seasons? I admire him for that. He would figure on the mount rushmore proudly with some missing teeths, wheras his opponents could not be made into such sculpture as they would not get recognised.

The third spot is reserved for @goldenglutes. Guy Zheng has been a big impact on my pro life has he was an inspiration every game we play. I want his face to be seen by everyone as well.

The last spot is for myself. Because even if I'm a team first guy, I didn't know who else I should chose and my mom would like to keep a souvenir of me. What better souvenir than a gigantic face carved on a massive mountain amiright?.

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Code:
C.  If you are relatively new, in [u]150[/u] words or more let us know what players from your team, from discord or whom you have noticed around the site who you think may have the attributes to one day be apart of the SHL's Mt. Rushmore conversation.

- Ace: as the head of the New England Wolfpack, he contacted me about joining and seemed genuinely interested in my addition to the team. He drafted me in the first round which was better than what I could have predicted and seems to also be a constant presence on the site (everywhere I go he's weighing in).

- Segi: recently made the Co-GM of the Outlaws, his SHL talents as well as Mathias Seger's talents are being recognized in the LR, on the team, and in the SMJHL.

- JNH: he's active in the locker room and a constant presence, whether welcome or not. His player, Martijn Westbroek, is also making a name for himself in the SMJHL and should be a fine addition to the SHL rosters.

- Dangles13: of course I have to put Dangles on the mountain for picking me for the Anaheim Outlaws! Hopefully his vision for me as a center will pay off for him this season and for me for my SHL career.

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

@.bojo - He has done many things like GM and make the Bojo Box and make a nice player in Bojo Biscuit who now has an award named for him. Too bad he couldn't GM the Platoon to a cup lol.

@JackCross - Sorry to all simmers who cam after him but I think he was GOAT simmer and set a very high standard for all who come and are the reason samee went apeshit on 44 because 44 couldn't do Jack Cross things.

@Leafs4ever - He did a lot as both a commish and long time general manager for the Winnipeg Jets. The league certainly would not have been the same without him.

@RomanesEuntDomus - Although I haven't seen him always in roles with so much decision making power, he has made great players and I believe he is always providing valuable input for the league, regardless of whether he is listened to or not. I'm not sure there is anyone else in the league whose input I would value above his.

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-26-2019, 09:31 AM by GCool.)

I joined the league in S23, so I entered the S24 SHL Draft. Here's the Big Four from that draft class.

@Ballerstorm (Randy Randleman) - Drafted 1st overall by the Calgary Dragons, the future Jesster Award winner (along with multiple other awards) was easily the most highly touted prospect of his time. He will get an instant hall-of-fame nod upon eligibility. To think that he just retired is absolutely insane. 826 points, 1451 hits, a career rating of +174 ... you can't have a Mount Rushmore of S24 without him (or frankly a Mount Rushmore of many different categories).

@damienj10 (Damien Wert) - Say what you want about Wert's production, but he's been around for the entire time since his start in this league. He was drafted 2nd overall by the West Kendall Platoon, and while it was sort of a surprise to some over the more vocal guys like Brumm and Dambach, it obviously proved to be a very smart pick. He stayed with West Kendall until S31, recording 172 points with the team.

@princekyle (Kyle Prince) - The original incarnation of Prince, stud goalie Kyle was drafted 10th overall by the Manhattan Rage. Ultimately, this didn't end up being a great pick for Manhattan, never playing more than his 6 required backup games in two seasons before being traded to Buffalo. However, the noise that Kyle created about himself leading up to the draft certainly led to his draft stock skyrocketing and becoming a big personality in a small draft.

@Allegiant (Winston Windsor) - Perhaps the only true "steal" of the S24 draft, because the class was so small and most teams were choosing known inactives by the 3rd round, Windsor was selected by the Minnesota Chiefs with the 1st pick of the 2nd round (which yes, back then was 13th overall, when we had 12 teams). Windsor got barely any playing time in Minny in spite of being Minnesota's only good pick that draft. He recorded 69 points combined between S26 and S27. Then, he was traded to Edmonton, at which time he appeared on most SHL fans' radars.

Honorable mentions: Mitchell Dambach, Patrick Brumm, Sparks Lightning

There are so many people over the years who have contributed so much to the site, but my four that would go on the site's Mount Rushmore are:

1. @Leafs4ever has been around the site forever. He was already established when I joined in S19 and has been a constant leadership presence. 30 straight seasons as GM of the same franchise, head office, ownership - I cannot picture how the site would exist without him, he's the founding father on Mt SHLmore in my opinion.

2. @JackCross hasn't been around for awhile, sadly, but when I joined he was the glue holding the site together. A good simmer is absolutely required to run the league, and while we've had good ones since JC was the one who set the standard for me. Even as a GM there were things that happened in sims where without JC's understanding and explanations I would have quit out of anger, but he was always good at staying calm and keeping things in perspective. There's a reason Onoprienko won the Littleton six times, twice as many as any other player ever has, and he deserves to be recognized for it.

3. @.bojo  joined at the same time (possibly the same day) that I did, so he wasn't an established name when I came to the site, but he's done so much to change it since. He's always willing to step back and ask how we can improve things even if it means getting rid of things we take for granted. He was a great GM and has had great players, but his innovation and willing to put in work in various systems the SHL didn't know it needed has helped keep the league on its feet and growing.

4. @Eggy216 was the most confident I've ever felt drafting someone, and handing the NEW GM role off to him was also an incredibly easy decision. Sometimes I'm not sure how he managed to find time to stick with the site nevermind take over running the whole thing, but somehow he's still here and mostly sane. He is now what Leafs was when I joined, and absolutely deserves a place on Mt SHLMore.

[Image: pb_olli.gif]

Profile | Updates

[Image: vtXGfpR.png]

[Image: N2ANQtw.png]

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2019, 10:00 AM by Daco.)

A. Let us know the 4 members who you believe should be on the SHL's Mount Rushmore! and in 150 words or more explain why you chose them.

@Leafs4ever The first member of my Mount Rushmore is a fellow Season 1 OG, Commissioner, amazing GM, and builder of legendary players. We came in to the league together and I competed with Littleton yearly for the best defender title. Leafs is truly the most upstanding and respected member in the league and deserves his spot.

@sarmo My next member I never actually played with in my first run in the league, but now we have wound up together on Minnesota thanks to his keen scouting. Sarm has the Khan trophy to his name and won the Cup in his first season with the Platoon. Now Nova is absolutely tearing up the league and just set a record last season with Watson and Skillstedt.

@Otrebor13 Next up I have Martucci, who has set his own mark as well with a trophy in SMJHL for most goals. I drafted Martucci back when I was GM for Hamilton, and while I left the team to pursue a cup with LA he stayed loyal and brought home a cup for Hamilton eventually. He's a legend in his own right.

@jkrever My final member is no longer with us, but in fact the co-founder of this league and it's first commissioner. Krever was known for his absolutely remarkable media pieces, creating real life looking journalistic magazines that still no one on the site has replicated. He had a way with words and was always extremely reasonable and rational and nonbias when looking to make decisions for the league.

250 words

[Image: S3zuZxo.png]
[Image: 10cjae8.png]

PBE PT

[Image: KouSaotomeUndraftedSigSmol.png]
Jamie T Wrote:But I wish I'd been a little more exceptional
And I wish I'd been a little unconventional
But I was not enough, no, I'm not enough