Create Account

LAP - Thomas Bathory Punishment

04-23-2019, 11:53 PMztevans Wrote:
04-23-2019, 11:44 PMml002 Wrote: Hi zach how's life been treating you? Haven't chatted in a hot minute

I can't complain, getting settled into Charlotte life after moving in March. How about you?

Ironically might be moving soon myself but other than that just grinding along as per

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

04-23-2019, 11:21 PMBaelor Swift Wrote:
04-23-2019, 11:13 PMWasty Wrote: Clarify “Immediately” after the draft. 2 minutes? 2 weeks? 2 seasons? What.

Same season, the way it has literally always been understood and used at least in the past twenty seasons that I can speak on. Look at two very recent examples of myself and @karlssens. If you legitimately didn't foresee this issue, I don't think there is really any way to help you understand. And if you did, next time realise that asking for forgiveness rather than permission as a GM is a dangerous move to play and the wrong one every time that grants you zero sympathy and only makes you look worse.

What is "same season"?

Is it from the keep and create point (when the league season officially begins) to the next keep and create point?

Because if so, I resigned from my post as Edmonton GM within that time frame while having a recreate auto-drafted. I received no punishment, nor did Edmonton.

Or is it okay because my resignation took affect at the end of the Playoffs? Where's the cutoff?

Unless otherwise explicitly stated, any time frame "understood" or otherwise is entirely arbitrary.

[Image: bXyuiQK.png?2]
Alucard,Apr 14 2016, 03:33 PM Wrote:May the harvest be with you, young spud.
enigmatic,Aug 26 2016, 10:05 AM Wrote:Jedi could have 1 TPE and still improve any team [Image: ashamed0001.gif]
[Image: uyTKBKH.png]
[Image: jSQTZY7.png]

First ever Norwegian IIHF Goal!!
Code:
2. Team Norway , Jackson Rodgers-Tanaka 1 (Isabella Esparza-Osvaldson, Aleksander Andrezjeck) at 5:50

Special Thanks to Count Chocula for the Hugo G sig <3

Do that mean that all the other teams can now talk with Botty like a Free Agent?

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

Assuming someone punished keeps growing, and goes back to their team, then it's a solid gain I think. Basically no punishment. The "punishment" gives cap space while removing a player when their value to an SHL team is lowest.

The first 3 seasons of a player's career are usually their worst in the SHL. A player could spend that whole time in juniors, and return to their managed team before they're in their prime. This can be a good deal if you're punished, another team paying to develop prospects when they're 300-750+ TPE or so isn't much of a loss.

What's the goal of removing a player for 3 years? Seems like it's meant to turn them off, maybe make them go inactive... Probably not what we want. It should be cap/or a pick lost if anything. Making it so they can't return to the team for 3 years is just trying to discourage someone from building a player, or a small inconvenience where punished teams actually gain some cap space.

[Image: 4sN9yMR.png]

04-24-2019, 02:23 AMToeDragon84 Wrote: Assuming someone punished keeps growing, and goes back to their team, then it's a solid gain I think. Basically no punishment. The "punishment" gives cap space while removing a player when their value to an SHL team is lowest.

The first 3 seasons of a player's career are usually their worst in the SHL. A player could spend that whole time in juniors, and return to their managed team before they're in their prime.  This can be a good deal if you're punished, another team paying to develop prospects when they're 300-750+ TPE or so isn't much of a loss.

What's the goal of removing a player for 3 years? Seems like it's meant to turn them off, maybe make them go inactive... Probably not what we want. It should be cap/or a pick lost if anything. Making it so they can't return to the team for 3 years is just trying to discourage someone from building a player, or a small inconvenience where punished teams actually gain some cap space.

You make a really good point, if Bottas walks back to LAP and still can develop as well as any other player. This is a net gain for LAP. Three years worth of cap space, Bottas is a loyal player so he'll be back no matter what.

RETIRED

Also, is Bottas able to play for his junior team until he's signed?

RETIRED

Feel free to sign me
(This post was last modified: 04-24-2019, 03:24 AM by Chris-McZehrl.)

[Image: unknown.png]

@ToeDragon84

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

04-24-2019, 02:23 AMToeDragon84 Wrote: Assuming someone punished keeps growing, and goes back to their team, then it's a solid gain I think. Basically no punishment. The "punishment" gives cap space while removing a player when their value to an SHL team is lowest.

The first 3 seasons of a player's career are usually their worst in the SHL. A player could spend that whole time in juniors, and return to their managed team before they're in their prime.  This can be a good deal if you're punished, another team paying to develop prospects when they're 300-750+ TPE or so isn't much of a loss.

Yea when this all came up we sorta realized the rule is broken, so its on the list of things to fix as soon as we can

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: qp9sjzw.png] [Image: QPhJjnn.png] [Image: cz7Q1LV.png] [Image: RapExQb.png] [Image: sXGJ3Yn.png]
-----
[Image: aasdAwo.png]

Canada Update Thread | Player Page Canada

04-24-2019, 03:24 AMChris-McZehrl Wrote: [Image: unknown.png]

@ToeDragon84

This should be stickied somewhere.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

Womp womp.

Might want to specify the wording of the rule in the future.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

lmao fucking idiot

04-24-2019, 09:49 AMSamee Wrote: lmao fucking idiot

Was starting to think no personal attacks would be posted in this thread. It was a good discussion for a bit here, but then you go and post something like this.

[Image: HjEFCSR.png]

04-23-2019, 10:20 PMDangles13 Wrote: Hello SHL,

It has come to our attention that Los Angeles former Co-GM @vbottas17 has violated GM rule A.3.

A. GM Recreation Rule
  1. Recreating GMs are automatically added to their team's roster at the time of the draft. This does not use one of the team's picks.

2. An Assistant GM who has a tenure of 3 or more seasons in a management position can have their recreate retained by the team and maintain their position. The team's earliest 2nd round pick is used for this player. If the team does not possess a 2nd round pick, the team must use a 1st round pick or allow the player to be drafted normally.

3. If a General Manager wishes to resign and has a player entering the upcoming draft, they must step down before the draft and enter it as a normal player. Resigning immediately after the draft will result in the player being removed from the team.
After a lengthy discussion, we have decided that his player, Thomas Bathory, will be removed from the Panthers prospect pool and cannot be acquired by the Panthers for 3 full seasons. The team that signs Bathory will retain his rights for three seasons like any other prospect.

@Dangles13 Will he still get his contract deposit from LAP, because if he's getting one from LAP and another from whoever signs him thats kinda bs

[Image: 58170_v.gif]
[Image: 58170_s.gif]
Thanks to @Carpy48 , @sköldpaddor, @Weretarantula, @Bruins10  and @Wasty  for sigs
Extra special thanks to @Julio Tokolosh for the sick gif one

The rule in place is extremely subjective and up to interpretation with the word "immediately" as the deciding factor. When I read that rule I interpret it as being drafted to the team and then as soon as the draft comes to an end you step down so your team got you for a 2nd rounder. I don't see immediately as being a week or two following the draft after the season has started. I'm not sure how this rule could be enforced the way it's written. The rule should be rewritten to be explicit in a time period and there's no way Bottas or LAP should be penalized for something so up in the air.

Similarly to other rules that have been taken advantage of due to poor wording and eventually rewritten to be more set in stone, this should be an example as to why rules must be clearly stated. Nobody did anything wrong here, and I don't think it's justifiable to assume "immediately" is weeks long.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]