Create Account

SHL GM League

claiming oilers if you wanna do this

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

04-25-2019, 03:00 PMDrunkenTeddy Wrote:
04-25-2019, 02:10 PMBruins10 Wrote: Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but would anyone be interested in starting a GM league?

I dont have the simulator but we are at the perfect time to start because we are starting the real life offseason. Gives us time for the draft and the offseason and setting everything up. Plus, I feel like wed be able to get 31 people to each take a team

I've been in a few STHS GM leagues, they aren't bad, but I switched to FHM5 leagues, so much more detail in the game when you aren't limited to STHS attributes.

04-25-2019, 02:52 PMHoovuh Wrote: When I had my league, @DrunkenTeddy had a formula to generate random prospects for future drafts. FA worked by players bidding in a topic.

Example:
GM1 offers a $3m x 3 year contract
GM2 offers a $4m x 2 year contract
GM3 offers a $3.5m x 3 year contract

Each of those GMs will get a certain amount of balls and then they are picked in a lotto style thing.

Yeah I still have that prospect generator somewhere if anyone needs it. Might need some adjusting I'm sure.

i like this idea

Detroit for me, open to CO-GM

[Image: knute.jpg]

Gimme the Sens if it happens

[Image: Jepox.gif]

San jose dibs

[Image: tjFQotX.gif]

[Image: giphy.gif]

04-25-2019, 02:52 PMHoovuh Wrote:
04-25-2019, 02:42 PMSlashACM Wrote: I'd be interested but yeah how would prospect generation/FA work

When I had my league, @DrunkenTeddy had a formula to generate random prospects for future drafts. FA worked by players bidding in a topic.

Example:

Each of those GMs will get a certain amount of balls and then they are picked in a lotto style thing.
What do you mean generating prospects? We just follow the real life and it makes it so much easier. So this years entry draft would be the same as the one in the NHL. Hughes at 1, Kakko 2, etc etc. No need to generate prospects

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature

04-25-2019, 04:01 PMBruins10 Wrote:
04-25-2019, 02:52 PMHoovuh Wrote: When I had my league, @DrunkenTeddy had a formula to generate random prospects for future drafts. FA worked by players bidding in a topic.

Example:

What do you mean generating prospects? We just follow the real life and it makes it so much easier. So this years entry draft would be the same as the one in the NHL. Hughes at 1, Kakko 2, etc etc. No need to generate prospects

Yes but I'm assuming we wouldn't go in real time which means the 2020 entry draft would be much sooner in our sim league than in real life, and drafts beyond we would need to fill out the draft with generated prospects

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

Example:

For future drafts if it lived that long

[Image: ZLoVQGU.png]
[Image: M02LOrx.png]

- Profile Page - Update Page -
(This post was last modified: 04-25-2019, 04:26 PM by BDonini.)

I'd take Dallas

We're fighting over Meier btw @foehammer007

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

I want in. I'll take whatever team gets picked last.

[Image: mTgAyCs.png]

04-25-2019, 04:26 PMObsidian311 Wrote: I want in. I'll take whatever team gets picked last.

Seattle

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

Example:

The roster we used didn't even have those players created. We had to create Hughes/Kakko/etc. Does the roster you have include them?

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

04-25-2019, 04:28 PMSlashACM Wrote:
04-25-2019, 04:26 PMObsidian311 Wrote: I want in. I'll take whatever team gets picked last.

Seattle

Seattle Kraken

[Image: mTgAyCs.png]

04-25-2019, 04:35 PMObsidian311 Wrote:
04-25-2019, 04:28 PMSlashACM Wrote: Seattle

Seattle Kraken

seattle man buns

04-25-2019, 04:30 PMDrunkenTeddy Wrote:
04-25-2019, 04:01 PMBruins10 Wrote: What do you mean generating prospects? We just follow the real life and it makes it so much easier. So this years entry draft would be the same as the one in the NHL. Hughes at 1, Kakko 2, etc etc. No need to generate prospects

The roster we used didn't even have those players created. We had to create Hughes/Kakko/etc. Does the roster you have include them?

You dont have to have them on your roster, you just add them in as future players on your team. Like they would enter your team as a prospect.in the systemn.

Prospects would only be able to be added once they get rated which is after they play in the nhl.

And @SlashACM i didnt have it in my head that we would fast forward the seasons. Always found it easier for it to be done as 1 sim seasons = 1 real life season, it makes everything so much easier especially with player ages and then prospects and drafts etc

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature