Create Account

Wasty/vbottas Appeal Decision

After consideration between Eggy and myself, we have decided to uphold the suspension placed by the Head office and reject the appeal.

While we understand that some may look to the wording of “immediate” in the rule book and call for it to be allowed, we felt that Los Angeles purposely, but not maliciously, waited a set point, 2 weeks, in order to work around the wording of the rule.

Bottas’ player is now a free agent and can negotiate a contract with any team other than Los Angeles.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
0-0-0
Regular Season - [G 0] [A 0] [Pts 0] [+/- 0] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 0]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

good luck LA and Botty

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

Good decision... that's the way it has been followed and understood by the rest of the league for a long time.

However, I think it will also help to define a more clear timeline for GM changes following recreating for the future.

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

04-29-2019, 10:34 AMBaelor Swift Wrote: Good decision... that's the way it has been followed and understood by the rest of the league for a long time.

However, I think it will also help to define a more clear timeline for GM changes following recreating for the future.

Agreed. The gray area of "immediate" is a problem and it should be addressed correctly moving forward.

04-29-2019, 10:34 AMBaelor Swift Wrote: Good decision... that's the way it has been followed and understood by the rest of the league for a long time.

The fact that this happened sucks for the Panthers but it is a good thing for the league. Shows that there is something to improve on

The rule seemed very subjective because immediate to you and me can be completely different things

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature

I think the wording in the rule needs to change, because as it is currently worded the rule wasn't broken. Immediately means at once, or instantly. Not sure how it could be determined that a set point in time was being waited for in order for Bottas to step down, because I don't believe there was ever any intention of having Bottas/LAP purposely try to circumvent this rule. I think it was just a matter of not being able to GM anymore, but that's me.

Also, Bottas was selected with LAP's 2nd round pick, so they lost out on his player for 3 seasons and the 2nd that was used on him. That's pretty harsh for a rule which has many connotations and could be viewed differently by many. Personally, this should have been the instance that made the SHL reword the rule and not uphold the punishment due to how the league "felt" things happened. Rules shouldn't go based on a feeling but on set circumstances, like rules. Immediately was not clear and the definition of the word means that no rule was broken. I don't agree with the upholding of the punishment at all.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

(This post was last modified: 04-29-2019, 06:13 PM by Glyc.)

When a rule can be selectively enforced across the past seasons, it is absolutely disgusting, almost as much as having a genuine unwritten portion to a rule.

Can we now get a clearly defined timeframe for when it’s appropriate to step down?

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

04-29-2019, 12:03 PMGlyc Wrote: When a rule can be selectively enforced across the past seasons in multiple more egregious offences is absolutely disgusting, almost as much as having a genuine unwritten portion to a rule.

Please provide the more egregious offences, I'm curious to see them. This is the only time I recognize at all recently, but I'm not really digging into it.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

04-29-2019, 12:36 PMJayWhy Wrote:
04-29-2019, 12:03 PMGlyc Wrote: When a rule can be selectively enforced across the past seasons in multiple more egregious offences is absolutely disgusting, almost as much as having a genuine unwritten portion to a rule.

Please provide the more egregious offences, I'm curious to see them. This is the only time I recognize at all recently, but I'm not really digging into it.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

@JayWhy @caltroit_red_flames I miss read a previous post and stand corrected on the more egregious offenses, thank you for bringing that to my attention.

Didn't someone already figure out that this is basically a win for LAP, getting to have another team pay Bottas' contract while he develops in the SMJHL? Really don't feel bad for the team honestly, it seems like they intended to work around this rule, and instead of just asking HO what the time frame was, they figured asking forgiveness was easier than asking permission.

[Image: Grapehead.gif]
TY NOKA AND VALOR FOR THESE WORKS OF ART
Player Page | Update Page

Stars Battleborn Czechia

Weird question.....

As per https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/immediately

immediately adverb
im·​me·​di·​ate·​ly | \ i-ˈmē-dē-ət-lē also -ˈmē-dit- , British often -ˈmē-jit-\
Definition of immediately (Entry 1 of 2)
1 : without interval of time : STRAIGHTWAY
I'll make that call immediately
2 : in direct connection or relation : DIRECTLY
the parties immediately involved in the case
the house immediately beyond this one
immediately conjunction
Definition of immediately (Entry 2 of 2)
chiefly British
: AS SOON AS

Do we have another definition of the word immediately? If so, the rule needs to be changed to something like "cannot step down until ____"

In all honesty, 3 seasons of minor league development paid for by another team. Helps the Panthers as long as Bottas signs with the Panthers after his ELC. Poorly written rule in my opinion and shouldn't be upheld due to a technicality.

C - Kenji Yoshimura  Panthers Kenji Yoshimura Updates Panthers
[Image: BigTittySmitty5.gif]

Code:
Credit to Wasty and Steelhead for the sigs - thanks dudes!

I will be back in 2 weeks with my immediate reaction to this thread

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]