Create Account

S43 draft rewind!

Inspired by another post I decided to check out how my fellow draft mates are doing 4 seasons later.

Round One:
1. pride San Francisco Pride (via Seattle Riot) - Leshaun King

Leshaun King is one of the users that burned very passionately for the site, that passion might have been burning a little to bright and ended up burning out to quickly. Although is player still is in the lineup of SFP King has made an exit and a comeback doesn't seem plausible. Was he worth a 1OA? I still think so

2. Rage Manhattan Rage - Oliver Kovacs

2OA and a sadly a corpse, one of the Kovacs brothers that was riding a lot of hype into the draft but seemingly just disappeared. 
This one has to hurt for the Rage.

3. pride San Francisco Pride - Luke Thomason

Good Ole Luke, if you spend any time on this site you surely will know Luke, his passion for tracking statistics around development and growth of the league is impeccable and many of the articles is based on his info. If you didn't know he's also the GM of the Whalers.
Luke is not with the Pride anymore but instead playing in Manhattan, after adding Luke to their roster they are having a resurgence and are looking to become a really scary team.

4. Steelhawks Hamilton Steelhawks (via Toronto North Stars) - Tig Murphy

My man Tig, I got nothing but good things to say about you and I've always had so much fun in Detroit with you.
Tig is not only one of the best D-men from the S43 draft, he's also the GM of the Falcons.
Murphy somehow can't seem to live up to the first season he had on the Falcons, looking like he's always going into a great season but coming up short, I sure hope we won't have another LKS typ situation for my man Tig.

5. pride San Francisco Pride (via Minnesota Chiefs) - Goku Muerto

Muerto is still going strong for the Pride and he's looking to lead the pride into their next chapter.
I have not interacted much with him but he seems like an awesome user, surely one of the S43 boys to remember.

6. Jets Winnipeg Jets - Lil' Manius

Bonk keeps bonking, selected at 6th with his resume is a little shame since he's proven many times that he can build a really good player. He did end up on Jets again and haven't moved so he must like it there.
Lil' Manius is tearing it up this season in both the physical and scoring game. I bet both Bonk and Jets are happy with how this draft turned out.

7. Panthers Los Angeles Panthers - Philipp Winter

RED's player Philipp Winter is doing great on the Panthers who seems to be going through a quick retooling phase, with RED being one of the prominent users on the LAP I bet he's a gold mine to have around for the rookies.
Winter also seems to be one of the prominent players out of this draft. Then again it's RED so it's expected.

8. Stampede Buffalo Stampede - Hippo Passamus

Big bust please ignore

9. Renegades Texas Renegades - Kiko Rytmeyr

One of the more prominent D-men going into the draft. Texas was looking like they picked up a stud. But Kiko wen't inactive shortly into the second season, it's a story as old as the SHL and a little heart breaking.

10. Platoon West Kendall Platoon - Rex Kirby

Heeey, it's assclap, I mean asoclap.. ascolap. Another nice user from the S43 draft with a good player to boot. Currently commanding a bunch of boats in the juniors Ascolap is making his name heard on the site. I'd say WKP did a great job picking a steller memeber of the site with this pick! 

11. Rage Manhattan Rage (via Edmonton Blizzard) - Alex Winters

BACK TO BACK SMJHL GM PICKS!! are y'all starting to see a pattern here? there's something about the S43 and becoming a GM in the juniors. I think all who were a part of this draft can agree that the the SMJHL seasons we spent together was a magical time and maybe that's why so many of us is still involved in the SMJHL.
Winters is a key piece to the Rages future which I think will be very bright! A good pick by the rage late in 1st round

12. Steelhawks Hamilton Steelhawks - Pierre Laroche-Durocher

Sadly a corpse as well, there was talk that PLD would be pikced at 4th but how happy HAM must be that they chose to wait until 12.
I bet they'd be even happier if the never spend the pick at all on him.

13. Wolfpack New England Wolfpack - Maximilian Egger

Egger is turning out to be a really solid defender for the Wolfpack, still playing with the team that drafted him and currently sitting at 800 TPE, Egger easily qualifies as one of the best defenders out of S43, a position that otherwise was kind of lacking in this draft.

14. Dragons Calgary Dragons - Nicky Pedersen Jr.

Nicky Pedersen Jr is the last out in the first round of this draft class, and it weird how a prominent user like mstuk fell all the way to 14. Considering the type of player he created before this one he should honestly have been a contender for 1st over all.
Alas I don't think mstuk minded at all considering how he came back to Calgary where his last player had 5! cups!

Round Two:

15. Rage Manhattan Rage - Kristof Kovacs

Another Kovacs another body. Sadly went inactive as well.

16. Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (via San Francisco Pride) - Johannes Leitner

A prominent name in the SHL and the first Goalie in the draft, many thought Cedric Robinson would be picked here but Leitner shocked and boy has he proved himself, he's currently the CO-GM of the Wolfpack! Big shoes for a big boy!

17. Steelhawks Hamilton Steelhawks (via Seattle Riot) - Andrew Martin

Our favorite Tummy is selected at 17th overall, looking back he could easily have been selected higher, considering his current resume. Kimmy was the CO-GM for raptor for a couple of seasons but had to take a step back due to IRL, he's now back in full force and trying to close the gap to his draft peers, he's leading the third line of the Steelhawks and does a mean job as well!

18. Riot Seattle Riot (viaNew England Wolfpack via Toronto North Stars) - Pavel Pivonka

Schultzy was a known member going into the draft, some members thought it was weird how he fell all the way to 18, but he went inactive late last year.. RIP

19. Chiefs Minnesota Chiefs - Eero Niemi

The first Eero to be drafted and quite solidly the best player of the two. Still active and going strong! Spooked is someone I don't interact that much with but he's surely a great member!

20. Jets Winnipeg Jets - Ignatius Blunt

Jets manages to pick up yet another recreate with a solid record, Still developing and fitting in nicely in the Jets rebuild!

21. Panthers Los Angeles Panthers - Marco Raanteli

Another bust sadly. RIP

22. Jets Winnipeg Jets (via Buffalo Stampede) - Nicholas Williams

Here's another SMJHL GM, this time it's the (booo) Crows GM. Williams has developed into a really good player, he got selected in the expansion draft and have a key role in the Specters road to success! Nictox has also been honing his GM skills in the GOMHL!

23. Renegades Texas Renegades - Kevin Kazarian

Another inactive and the second of the Renegades. RIP

24. Rage Manhattan Rage (via West Kendall Platoon) - Sulak O'Hritea

Hexx is still active, and was recently involved in a trade to the LAP, good luck there Hexx, I'm sure you will cause damage!

25. Blizzard Edmonton Blizzard - Tony Pepperoni

Hey, it's the most gangster player of all time. Tony Pepperoni is not only a key player on the blizzard and a cup winner. He's also their newly minted CO-GM. I'm sure we'll read about Pepperoni for seasons to come!

26. pride San Francisco Pride (via Hamilton Steelhawks) - Jeff Brogen

Flowsiedon with a Stud of a player, he's a key of the new San fran pride! Somehow it always feels like we are in the same fantasy group.. Humm..

27. Riot Seattle Riot (via New England Wolfpack) - Mason Hudson

And the body hits the floor. Blues player looked like it could turn out good but sadly he's been inactive for a while. Considering he's had a HOF player this must sting a bit.

28. Stampede Buffalo Stampede (via Calgary Dragons, via Manhattan Rage, via Edmonton Blizzard, via Winnipeg Jets) - Cedric Robinson

End of second round we find G motha fucking rok! Another user and player I've had the luxury of playing with my entire career. He's an award hoarder and all around stellar member, recently stepped down from the CO-GM spot in Detroit and taking on the role of HO in the SMJHL.
Love you grok!

Round Three:

29. Blizzard Edmonton Blizzard (via Manhattan Rage) - Steven Moyer

First out in round three we have Moyer who is still an active member, awesome. Traded to SFP early on and a key member of the team, Moyer is one of the better picks in the later rounds of this draft.

30. Rage Manhattan Rage (via San Francisco Pride) - Craig Finley

What could be said about Moyer can also be said about Finley, third round pick that's still active and bound to be a great member for a long time!

31. pride San Francisco Pride (via Seattle Riot) - Vince Rieper

Third round is looking real strong with yet another good player for the Pride, ViN as also one of the prominent grades who's been consistently in this job for seasons! Another good pick in the third round!

32. Stars Toronto North Stars - Mr. Faceoffs

another inactive and Toronto's first pick.. RIP

33. pride San Francisco Pride (via Minnesota Chiefs) - Sean Stevenson Jr

Yet another great user and player in Obsidian, the second player in this draft to be stolen in the expansion draft, Stevenson has been a key player for the Specters and also a huge part in their success from the get go.

34. Renegades Texas Renegades (via Winnipeg Jets, via Buffalo Stampede) - Vladislav Konstantin

Justice is still going strong for Texas, he's currently the co-gm of one of the expansion teams in the SMJHL!

35. pride San Francisco Pride (via Los Angeles Panthers) - Richard Metcalf Jr

Bust and inactive. rip

36. Blizzard Edmonton Blizzard (via Buffalo Stampede, via Manhattan Rage) - Adam Taylor

DannyMethane is sadly inactive but left a big body in Adam Taylor behind, surely to his corpse will continue to find good use on the Blizzard! rip

37. Chiefs Minnesota Chiefs (via Texas Renegades) - Marc Palicka

Palicka never made it out of the juniors. he's active and all just wasn't cut out for it.

38. Chiefs Minnesota Chiefs (via West Kendall Platoon, via San Francisco Pride) -  Thomas Speardane

Inactive and RIP

39. Rage Manhattan Rage (via Edmonton Blizzard) - Tobias Viklund

One of the members from the Falcons lockeroom I really miss, Viklund was promising and a awesome person. Miss you bud.

40. Steelhawks Hamilton Steelhawks - FORFEIT

Worst pick in all of round three

41. pride San Francisco Pride (via New England Wolfpack) - Jack Kennedy

Another late round pick that's still going strong. The third of the draft to be selected in the expansion draft! Chicago superstar in the making?

42. Dragons Calgary Dragons - Crush Cile

Inactive bust, sadly :(

Round Four:

43. Panthers Los Angeles Panthers (via Manhattan Rage) - Gvidas Kazlauskas

Semi inactive CaptainCrazy, is slowly pushing the TPE but not a lot of bang to it.

44. pride San Francisco Pride - Carlo Russo

Bust, rip

45. Blizzard Edmonton Blizzard (via Seattle Riot) - Aleister Cain

A very prominent late round pick, between Cain and Boija only the history will tell who's going down as the biggest steal, already winning a lot at the junior level Cain also went to the finals during the first season of his SHL season.
He got snubbed on the price of best rookie due to a mishap in the call-up rule. Surely one of the better goalies for seasons to come!

46. Stars Toronto North Stars - Dank Boija

Snussu is my mate and the one recruit to this site which actually staid! I'm super happy he's getting a big role on the Steelhaws second line and I'm sure he's going to be THE power forward of this generation! A great steal by the Stars who sadly traded him away!

47. Riot Seattle Riot (via Minnesota Chiefs) - Veikka Toivanen

Bust rip

48. Jets Winnipeg Jets - Nate Forsberg

Bust rip!

49. Platoon West Kendall Platoon (via Toronto North Stars, via Los Angeles Panthers, via Seattle Riot) - David Fantobens

Another steal, WKP got their hands on Pintobeans who might be a slow earner but a outstanding member! Currently sitting on the TBB he's one of the key member of the rebuild and deserves  more recognition! Love you man!

50. Stampede Buffalo Stampede - Bust

read the name. RIP

51. pride San Francisco Pride (via Texas Renegades) - Petr Vrana
also a bust, sa
52. Stars Toronto North Stars (via West Kendall Platoon) - Wolfhard Richter

Plasticbowl is sadly not active.

53. Rage Manhattan Rage (via Edmonton Blizzard) - Jake Reid

Also a bust, rip

54. Steelhawks Hamilton Steelhawks - Marcel Pühringer

Recreated already! good luck with the new player

55. Wolfpack New England Wolfpack - Pass

56. Dragons Calgary Dragons - Helmuts Akmeņlauks

Semi inactive, sadly don't know much about cookiemonster

Round Five:

57. Rage Manhattan Rage - Ryan Mason

Another bust, corps is a roster filler on the hawks

58. pride San Francisco Pride - Eero Makinen

Second Eero of the draft, #1 Eero in my heart. recreated two seasons ago, good luck with your new player.
Much love Eero4Ever

59. Riot Seattle Riot - Callum MacElroy

Dead plug on Stars

60. Stars Toronto North Stars - Nikolaj Boyle

Bust and RIP

61. Chiefs Minnesota Chiefs - Nathan Cosco

ded rip

62. Jets Winnipeg Jets - Pass

63. Panthers Los Angeles Panthers - Max Mauldin

GM pick, Wasty still a beast!

64. Stampede Buffalo Stampede - Pass
65. Renegades Texas Renegades - Liam Ofer

late round pick that turned inactive

66. Dragons Calgary Dragons (via West Kendall Platoon) - Pass
67. Blizzard Edmonton Blizzard - Pass
68. Steelhawks Hamilton Steelhawks - Pass 
69. Wolfpack New England Wolfpack - Pass
70. Dragons Calgary Dragons - Pass

Round Six:

715. Rage Manhattan Rage - Jax Aittokallio

Jaywhy GM pick, his first skater, going strong on the rage still 

74. Stars Toronto North Stars - Zakhar Turakov

Inactive body. Rip

Conclusion, there's still a lot of awesome members from this draft, what this draft seemed to have produced the most of is not a specific player type but user type.
The S43 will in my opinion be remembered as the draft of the SMJHL GM's!

Ready for grading

RETIRED

note how two of those sfp picks came from Minnesota
i was traded to Minnesota
coincidence? I think not

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

Eero Makinen </3

Great piece mayuu, I love reading about S43

[Image: Grapehead.gif]
TY NOKA AND VALOR FOR THESE WORKS OF ART
Player Page | Update Page

Stars Battleborn Czechia

05-06-2019, 09:42 AMMayuu Wrote: 35. pride San Francisco Pride (via Los Angeles Panthers) - Richard Metcalf Jr

Bust and inactive. rip

Couldn't have said it better myself. Biggest bust of the draft, probably.

[Image: TqPg1ou.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png] [Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: wu5MVvy.png%5D]

Metcalf Jr isn’t inactive :thonk:

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

wow @Lazyeye "Bust and inactive. rip" haha

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

(This post was last modified: 05-06-2019, 09:57 PM by Lazyeye.)

05-06-2019, 09:42 AMMayuu Wrote: 35. pride San Francisco Pride (via Los Angeles Panthers) - Richard Metcalf Jr
Bust and inactive. rip

Hippo: 17 pts

Metcalf Jr: 18 pts

????????

[Image: I3BTEQc.png][Image: dGD5tIx.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2019, 10:05 PM by Lazyeye.)

05-06-2019, 08:27 PMViN Wrote:

Bust and inactive. rip

Couldn't have said it better myself. Biggest bust of the draft, probably.
[Image: GloomyObedientCub.gif]

[Image: I3BTEQc.png][Image: dGD5tIx.png]

05-06-2019, 09:49 PMLazyeye Wrote:
Bust and inactive. rip

Hippo: 17 pts

Metcalf Jr: 18 pts

????????

??? 

I must have split of to an alternate reality where you are active. 

For real though I'm. Sorry I must have missed you. I'll make it up to you!

RETIRED

(This post was last modified: 05-07-2019, 02:42 AM by notorioustig.)

4. Steelhawks Hamilton Steelhawks (via Toronto North Stars) - Tig Murphy

My man Tig, I got nothing but good things to say about you and I've always had so much fun in Detroit with you.
Tig is not only one of the best D-men from the S43 draft, he's also the GM of the Falcons.

[Image: giphy.gif]

....Murphy somehow can't seem to live up to the first season he had on the Falcons, looking like he's always going into a great season but coming up short, I sure hope we won't have another LKS typ situation for my man Tig.

@Mayuu doing me dirty when I've led my team in scoring all year Cry

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

05-07-2019, 02:38 AMnotorioustig Wrote: 4. Steelhawks Hamilton Steelhawks (via Toronto North Stars) - Tig Murphy

....Murphy somehow can't seem to live up to the first season he had on the Falcons, looking like he's always going into a great season but coming up short, I sure hope we won't have another LKS typ situation for my man Tig.

@Mayuu doing me dirty when I've led my team in scoring all year Cry
bish

"looking like he's always going into a great season but coming up short"

this is literally what i meant, this season isn't over and I hope you'll continue at the pace you are on, but other seasons started hot as well in the juniors just to fall a little short of what we know you can do.
no harm intended mate

RETIRED

05-06-2019, 09:42 AMMayuu Wrote: 10. Platoon West Kendall Platoon - Rex Kirby

Heeey, it's assclap, I mean asoclap.. ascolap. Another nice user from the S43 draft with a good player to boot. Currently commanding a bunch of boats in the juniors Ascolap is making his name heard on the site. I'd say WKP did a great job picking a steller memeber of the site with this pick! 

Just remember, its A Complicated System Of Levers And Pulleys. Or just go :peach: :clap: which is how one typically adresses him on discord

[Image: 58170_v.gif]
[Image: 58170_s.gif]
Thanks to @Carpy48 , @sköldpaddor, @Weretarantula, @Bruins10  and @Wasty  for sigs
Extra special thanks to @Julio Tokolosh for the sick gif one