Create Account

Stevenson Jr Free Agency Rankings

Welcome in to my Free Agency breakdown and rankings. My breakdown of the potential teams on Playing Time Outlook and the Cities. I won't be breaking down the team brands because I feel like it is disrespectful to the people who put in the hard work, and being honest I don't know shit about doing graphics. But I do weigh if I like the look and feel of the team into my final rankings.

Eastern Conference:

Buffalo Stampede:
Playing time Outlook:
Realistically this isn't a potential fit. Buffalo is stacked on the blue line with 6 active players. Plus they have active guys in the prospect pipeline. Bringing me in would likely mean someone they have been building for the future being moved out. Plus honestly I am still bitter about losing to them in the Finals so recently. They do have some guys on the team that I get along well with, but the bitterness would flow through me and that is no fun for anyone. Likely playing time would be minimal.

City: I have nothing against Buffalo, I used the Bills in a Madden Connected Franchise and killed it from year 2 on with a Josh Allen to N'Keal Harry deep ball cheese to the tune of 6 Super Bowls in 8 seasons before we reset it and turned down Josh Allen's throw power. It's cold up there too so that would be a plus.

Chicago Syndicate:
Playing Time Outlook:
This team is so young and building the right way. I could come in and be a top pairing guy for a couple of seasons while their young guys improved. Perhaps a good outlook of top pairing minutes along with PK time and potential power play time once I got my scoring up would be enough to get me to jump from New Orleans to Chicago. Likely playing time would be high in all situations due to training gap.

City:
I'm not going to say that someone may have called to let me understand that if I got drafted to Chicago that I would be working for them and not the actual team. I would have to do what they wanted even if it meant throwing a game. But that probably never happened right?

Hamilton Steelhawks:
Playing Time Outlook:
4 players with more TPE than me here. That puts me in a 3rd pairing role but room to grow with retirements coming. They do have a decent stable of defender prospects but if they feel they are still a couple seasons away from being SHL ready this could be a good fit for me. I am a little uncomfortable yet again with coming in and possibly taking a guys spot. But if they made a good enough pitch I would definitely consider it. Playing time outlook: Similar to current outlook with New Orleans

City:
The first city I am actually impressed with. Not gonna lie I am a sucker for a good massive garden. Even being allergic to bees keeps me away from them. A lot of similarities to Salem in regards to being the little brother to a bigger market nearby. Would not mind moving to Hamilton at all.

Manhattan Rage:
Playing Time Outlook:
Could plug into either the 2nd or 3rd pairings with no issues. There is the possibility of a top pairing spot coming open and the potential to move up is high. Not to mention the Rage are an up and coming team that is hitting their stride a lot sooner than people had predicted due to good moves and hitting on enough draft picks to build a very good young team. This is definitely a top destination when it comes to what I am looking for in potential playing time. Playing time outlook: Similar to current situation.

City:
This is the hang up. Manhattan seems like a more complicated Portland and honestly fuck that. Not to mention the fact that it would take a shit ton of money for me to be able to live close enough to the arena to be happy. The city is a big detractor for the Rage but in the end we will see where they end up in the rankings.

New England Wolfpack:
This is a team that could definitely use me to improve their playoff chances. I could immediately provide an upgrade on the top pairing and potentially allow team leader and arguably the best player in the SHL the ability to pinch in and do even more damage offensively from the blue line. Playing time outlook: Good chance of top pairing minutes, paired with an amazing line mate.

City:
This is the hang up for me yet again. I am a Rams fan and Tom Brady has now ripped my heart out twice. I don't know that I could be in a city that worships one of my most hated teams in the whole NFL. Would definitely have to commute to work Smile Other than that there are some cool historical sites in the area and it isn't a terrible place to be. Weather is decently on point to what I would want.

Tampa Bay Barracuda:
Playing Time Outlook:
Oh boy. This team is in perpetual rebuild mode with their stars not usually staying very long. This is a team that could use a face of the franchise, shut down defenseman that they helped build up. I definitely fit this mould, played with Blue in Anchorage so I know the goalie is on point. Had they not traded CCII recently I would like the playing opportunity a bit better. Playing time outlook: Likely top pairing d-man with face of the franchise potential.

City:
What isn't to like about Tampa Bay? Besides the fact that there is a 100% chance of me getting accused of sexual harassment (Not assault, don't touch unless they say yes boys) if I lived in Tampa.

Toronto North Stars:
Playing Time Outlook:
This is a team that could slot me into the 2nd pairing and not even blink about it. Not much in the pipelines either so it is a good chance that after putting in my dues on the 2nd pairing eventually I could earn a first pairing spot. A good history with ml002 is a big plus. Also a couple guys I played with in the SMJHL are on the team so that would be a nice fit chemistry wise.

City:
Hey if I ever want to go watch a hockey team lose in Toronto I can just go watch the Leafs play right?

West Kendall Platoon:
Playing Time Outlook:
2nd or 3rd pairing with a reunion with assclap? Yes please. Could build and get ready to move up through the ranks while watching an absolute legend on the top pairing in Ludwig Koch Schroder.

City:
Ok I am not going to lie. This is the only team's branding that I have no problem saying needs to change. Sure they have a lot of history but fuck their creator.

Western Conference:
Calgary Dragons:
Playing Time Outlook:
With 3 players higher in TPE and a good stock of prospects this is likely a destination that couldn't sustain for too long. Playing time Outlook: 2nd or 3rd pairing with potential to move up before moving out as prospects move up to meet the Calgary cup window.

City:
Do I really want to live in Edmonton's little brother?

Edmonton Blizzard:
Playing Time Outlook:
The most stacked defense in the league could us a 3rd pairing defender for sure. Do I really want to go back to being a 3rd pairing guy with no special team time even if it means helping secure likely the best defense top to bottom. Playing time outlook: 10 minutes a game.

City:
Speaking of Calgary's big brother do I want to be part of that city rivalry?

Los Angeles Panthers:
Playing Time Outlook:
Likely top 4 role early with potential of having to spend a season on the 3rd pairing. They recently entered into a light re-tool and collecting assets. They do have a player that signed with New England on defense who will likely be back for Season 50. Playing time outlook: Top 4 role possibly evolving into more as the seasons go on.

City:
Not going to lie, I love Los Angeles and the surrounding areas. This would definitely be a good spot to land.

Minnesota Chiefs:
Playing Time Outlook:
There is a good chance I could end up in their top 4 but there isn't much room for advancement past that. They have a good young corps on the defensive end.

City:
Spending most of his childhood in Minnesota while his dad played for the Chiefs, Stevenson Jr knows Minnesota like the back of his hand and his family still has a home close enough to live in if he were to choose to come home and play for the Chiefs. Playing outlook: top 4 role and likely bounced to 3rd pairing by the end of my prime.

New Orleans Specters:
Playing Time Outlook:
This is the only spot that I have any idea what their plan is for me with this team. I know that the plan is for me and Physt to man the top pairing once we both develop to that point. Hefeweizen and Eastwood are both great players but they are older and getting worse every season and Stevenson Jr will slide up to the top pairing by S50 barring a trade to bring in a vet with a higher TPE count.

City:
I love the city of New Orleans. My time here has been nothing but good. The fans are insane, and there is no shortage of things to do. Plus they say the key to a man's heart is through his stomach and oh my god New Orleans has some damn good region specific dishes.

San Francisco Pride:
Playing Time Outlook:
0% chance of any play time.

City:
The city is an overpriced shit hole. Surrounding areas aren't too bad but outside of tourist traps it is an overcrowded traffic nightmare.

Texas Renegades:
Playing Time Outlook:
They have a pretty solid, decently young top 4. This isn't really a prime spot for playing time for me. I doubt I would ever really see top 4 minutes and as such would be a regression for me personally and would limit what I feel I would be able to do for the team.

City:
No, too hot.

Winnipeg Jets:
Playing Time Outlook:
They have a pretty decent top 4 right now but one of those guys are deep into regression and I feel I could slide into that open spot and help the rebuild of the Jets. The have had a couple rough seasons in a row but if there is one thing I know it is that the Jets don't stay down for long.

City:
Winnipeg isn't a bad city, but I have heard from a lot of people that there just isn't anything to do there. That would be a big negative during down days with nothing to do after practice.

RANKINGS:
Alright now that we have how I feel my playing time could be and how I feel about the cities out of the way let's get down to the meat of the article. What everyone has undoubtedly scrolled to the bottom to see how offended they are going to be that their team is too low (or too high if you don't want me on your team I guess).

16: Stampede
This is an easy choice for me. Stevenson Jr had a great first season in New Orleans and the only thing that would have made it better is to have won the Challenge Cup and Buffalo stole that. Joining them would be saying that I couldn't beat them so I joined them. I am good. I want it known though that it is nothing personal, all professional.

15: pride
If they had a top 4 spot open for me I would absolutely be down to go back. But they don't, so I am eliminating them early. The Pride were a great organization who had some bad luck with their huge S43 class that looked like it was going to be the savior of a cursed franchise and instead just extended their misery a little while longer.

14: syndicate
A lot like Buffalo, I crossed them off the list because it would feel wrong to end up here. New Orleans did their homework and contacted me before the expansion draft and then picked me in the 4th round. Chicago never even contacted me and as such they rank #14 on the initial rankings.

13: Jets
The first team that isn't due to playing time or personal bias. I just don't feel that Winnipeg would be a good fit for me. I don't really like that it is named and branded after an NHL team. Kind of kills the immersion portion of the SHL.

12: Platoon
I made my reasons clear earlier. The fact that I like quite a few of their current members keeps the Platoon from being #16 on my list.

11: Renegades
I don't know why, but I have never been a fan of the Renegades. From the time they were made I just felt like they were a team I would never want to play for. Maybe the people in the locker room could change my mind and move up the rankings by the time free agency loops around.

10: Blizzard
Edmonton is a great team. Unfortunately my experience with some key members of the team is not great. Nothing really direct yet so I won't blame the low ranking on that completely, I just don't think they would have room for me given that they are absolutely the most stacked team defensively in the SHL and aren't likely to slow down.

9: Chiefs
No one remains from the old Chiefs teams that Stevenson Sr played with so that isn't a pull like it would have been. On top of that even though he is top 10 in stats that matter for defenders even after all this time for the Chiefs, Stevenson remains a no show in the Chiefs hall of fame. A key part in 2 Challenge Cups, Stevenson got traded after S14 and the Stevenson's kind of swore that they would never support the Chiefs again.

8: Barracuda
I am not going to lie. With a good pitch when the time comes and a little bit of a good chunk of cash in the first couple seasons of the deal would be a good start to moving Tampa up the rankings.

7: Steelhawks
I have flirted with eliminating them at both 9 and 8 but finally settled them at 7. I haven't had any issues with any of their members that I can think of but I haven't had many interactions with any of them. Changing that would be a huge way to move them up the rankings.

6: Stars
This is a team that could make a huge splash and sign me. I think the top 6 is really where I am putting the cut off at this point. There is a chance I could sign at any of the other teams too but this is the one that really starts the point that you should pay attention. There is about a 90% chance that a team in the top 6 signs me. Jr connections will come in to play if the Stars are the team that lands me.

5: Dragons
What is there to really say about the Dragons? They always find a way. They also have some amazing stability that not many teams can say they have. They are a prime Free Agent destination and I don't know that I have ever heard anyone ever complain about playing for the Dragons. Plus I like quite a few of their members.

4: Wolfpack
I honestly love this team for me to plug into. I would love to earn my way into a role that involved playing with Tigole Bitties. Not to mention that when Stevenson Sr was sent out of Minnesota it was Ace who took a shot on him before sending him to lose a couple titles with the Stars after S15. They definitely have the open space to fit me in. However they just gave a player that is likely to leave after S49 a 3 x $5.5MM contract so they may not be able to afford me.

3: Rage
The Manhattan Czechia's are an amazing young team but I don't feel that I will fit in after a couple of seasons as their prospects start moving up through the ranks and are looking to make a name for themselves. I would love the opportunity to make a mark on a team that Stevenson Sr ended his team on 2 seasons before they won the challenge cup :(

2: Panthers
Not going to lie, the last time I was on a team with Wasty we won cups. If there is a GM outside of New Orleans that will give me the freedom to build my player the way I want regardless of what makes sense, it would be him. Toss onto that the culture that I am confident the LA locker room has is going to be one that I like and will get along with it makes LA my number 2 Free Agency Desination

1. Specters
I don't think there are any surprises here. They took me in the 4th round of the expansion draft, have been very good to me the whole time, the only problem is they don't have a deal done already. I would have liked to have signed my extension before the season so I could focus and I feel my play has taken a bit of a hit this season with the move up into the top 4 because of it. I am not sure if there is anything that can keep me from signing here but if I find it before I sign an extension I will be on my way out of New Orleans and into a new journey in my SHL career.

Final rankings will be posted the night before free agency.

3046 words.

[Image: mTgAyCs.png]

This is a pretty good list

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

Dragons

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

This was a fun ass read, I hope we can play together at some point  Cheers

[Image: 66818_s.gif]
(This post was last modified: 05-08-2019, 12:39 AM by caltroit_red_flames.)

I'm bad at mobile delete pl0x

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

:eyes:

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

05-08-2019, 12:39 AMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: :eyes:

You I like Smile

[Image: mTgAyCs.png]

[Image: i0UumDv.gif]

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]