Create Account

Terrance Nova willing to retire a Chief
(This post was last modified: 05-08-2019, 07:13 PM by sarmo.)

Terrance Nova thought about the recruiting aim he had so often used on his friends, the talk that had brought Noro Wozy@TheWoZy and Casimir Stevens@Daco to join him with the Chiefs and that thought he had found himself sharing many times before... He realized, no one was more convinced than himself.

It helped that he had been offered a contract to his liking that would pay him $23 million over four seasons and a no- trade clause, a very rich contract in SHL standards. But Nova knew he was getting more in the deal.

"It's not often that you feel so welcome, when you feel like you're at home and feel like every single day you wake up to go to work and have people around you to motivate you, that push you to be better, that you love to be around,"  Nova said. "That's another reason I re-signed.

"I don't want to play anywhere else. I don't want to go through with free agency. I know where home is. I know where I want to be. I know where I want to retire ultimately. And I know where I want to win another Challenge cup. Everything is going to happen in Minnesota."

Nova spoke about the way he had been entrusted to help build the team around him, a partnership Chiefs general manager @Shmurph described as a way to empower a franchise star and improve a roster. The relationship, however, had went further than a way to influence trades and work behind the curtains.

[Image: image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgonepuckwild.com...=850&h=560]
Terrance Nova's 4 season, $23 million contract will expire at the end of the season. "Minnesota is home for me," said Nova, who was born in Houston.

He mentioned not just Shmurph, but he described Chiefs original founder Boondocksaints @Jesus The Mexican Way as "kind of a father."

"He helps me get through every single day with struggles that I have," Nova said. "Any questions about anything, he's there for me.

"It's more than I ever thought of - the city, the fans, my teammates, the management - @spooked , Shmurph, and @wumaduce whos still there somewhere. There's constant communication. I would talk to these people more than my family sometimes. We are family. No exaggeration."

"I think it's definitely unique. I know how special it is to feel welcome, to feel loved."

Much of that communication has been about how to retool the Chiefs this season with the addition of young depth to share the puck and the bench. Nova led the charge for Wozy, convincing him to make the move to re-sign with Minnesota for his final season before the team could even negotiate.

There will be adjustments to be made, but Nova said the changes should not be about having to share minutes, but finally getting to.

"The last 6 seasons, @Bobby Watson and I had to dominate the puck and ice time so much because we don't have somebody to help create plays for us," Nova said. "It feels good to be on the recieving end of a pass and being open of a shot opportunity or to just skate down the ice and not have to worry about having to make a play every possession."

"It's going to be fun. There's no playmaker, or shoot-first. As the depth improves, we will just go out there and make plays and make our team better together."

Wozy or Watson has never been beyond the conference finals. The West finals last season ended with a 0-1 loss on the road to the New Orleans Specters, a defeat marked most by the Nova-Watson-Skilstedt @"SwegButthole" line collapse.

"That motivates me," Nova said. "Of course, it didn't end when we wanted it to end, how I wanted it to end. That's what life's about. You're going to get tested. All the planning and things aren't going to happen the way you would like them. You have to sit back and see how you can get better."

The Chiefs lost no faith in the face of their franchise, rewarding him with the Captaincy again through votes with results far beyond anyone else had received, more votes than the reigning MVP had received for the Ron Mexico trophy in the offseason.

"The only thing I want to focus on at this point in my career is winning," Nova said. "Money is cool. It goes deeper than that though, it doesn't mean anything without being loyal and holding that challenge cup trophy up, and doing it at home. I won't stop until I get it."

Doubt is a dream killer

Chiefs

[Image: lebbish.gif]

Love you buddy

[Image: S3zuZxo.png]
[Image: 10cjae8.png]

Good luck! Too bad I'm a let down for you this season

[Image: capybar22_600.png]

Or a Blizzard I guess

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]