Create Account

Duckworth Struggles

We’re here with former SMJHL enforcer Jay Boom’Boom who is now a hockey analyst. In this article you will hear from an analyst point of view all about Duke Duckworth.

Duckworth is well known for being an incredible offensive defensemen. Last season he played for the Clovers in the IIHA. He was named the defensemen of the year as he scored 12 goals, 41 assist in 50 games! However, after signing with the Halifax Raiders his production has come to a complete stop. In his first 12 games he has 0 points and hasn’t been performing offensively. His defensive game has been par as his plus minus is 0. The big question I have been asked is what happened to his offensive talent? In my opinion he just needs time to adjust to the speed of the SMJHL as he is used to Ireland hockey which is slower. Also the competition is much better then he is accustomed to in Ireland. Another thing that could be a factor is that he stepped into a big role in Halifax as he is a top 4 defensemen. These are all huge adjustments for the young Irish defensemen and I am confident he just needs time! Another factor could be that he joined an already struggling Halifax team that looks like they need to start rebuilding. In conclusion, this kid is not even drafted yet and just needs time! He will be an elite offensive defensemen in this league, mark my words!

Another thing I have been hearing a lot of chatter about is his SMJHL draft position. I believe he will go around the middle of the draft as he it not super well known throughout the league. I believe this is due to the fact that he most recently played in Ireland and scouts are just now learning about him. However I am confident the team that gets him will get a lot more then they expected. This kid is strong defensively and once he finds his offence will be a force to be reckoned with! Prior to the draft I think he needs to work on his skating and get it to the SMJHL level.

I think the kid has a bright future and will be a Nick Lindstrom type of player once he finishes developing. This kid just might be the steal of the draft!

Duke Duckworth had this to say when asked about the start to his SMJHL career and the upcoming draft.

“ I was hoping for a better start then this but I am adjusting to playing with new teammates and on a new team. The Halifax coaching staff has been working with me daily to improve my game so I can reach my full potential. I’m working hard to get better every day and I want to make sure I’m at my best for the upcoming draft. I am a hard worker both on and off the ice and I will be a star in this league, no question about it! To me it doesn’t matter if I’m the last pick in the draft because I will show all the other teams that they made a huge mistake! I’m excited for my future and excited to show the fans the Duke Duckworth they came to see!”.

Word Count: 560

Twenty Twenty- Proud member of the Colorado Raptors Raptors

+1

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Duckworth is gonna shine in time!

raiders raiders raiders

S52 "A" Alternate Captain of the Calgary Dragons
"GM" - Former Prince George Firebirds and Regina Force General Manager
"C" - Former Captain of the Halifax Raiders
S48 Brandon Holmes Trophy Recipient - Top Defensive Forward

FirebirdsScarecrowsraiders - TimberGrizzliesArmadaCanadaDragonsBlizzardStars - PlatoonSpecters
Davos Otasrob Player Page
Davos Otasrob Player Updates