Create Account

Physt's Playoff Primer: Play Ins
(This post was last modified: 05-16-2019, 09:54 PM by CptSquall.)

So, im gonna try to break down stats and such for some cheap, easy money and my own amusement.

Western Conference Play in:

Renegades VS pride
Stats:
3.14 Goals For 2.84 Advantage: Renegades
3.12 Goals Against 2.84 Advantage: pride
19.33% PP% 24.26% Advantage: pride
75.60% PK% 79.17% Advantage: pride
47.45% Faceoff% 48.67% Advantage: pride

So the Pride are in it this time which is cool as far as I am concerned. But onto the stats. My basics are a 5 MAJOR stat breakdown consisting of Goals For average, Goals Against average, Powerplay %, Penalty Kill %, and Faceoffs as it might help to add in a small possession stat and it looks mostly like this favors the Pride handily. San Francisco doesn't really score much, but they don't allow much either. Texas meanwhile scores well at just above average but also allows more goals. (average league wide is 3.11 in BOTH categories) Special teams is also dominated by the Pride with a MUCH better Powerplay and a slightly better penalty kill. While the percentage is low, the pride have a better Faceoff percentage which will help in starting with puck possession. Important to note is the Renes average the most hits per game this season with 20/pg. These teams played 6 games as divisional rivals with Renegades winning 4 games to 2. The Goals were 21-20 also in favor of Renegades so this is really close. Shots were 161-158 for pride so a dead heat. Special teams San Fran went 7 for 17 while Texas was 6 for 15. This one will be fun to watch.

Eastern Conference Play In:

Rage VS syndicate
Stats:
3.20 Goals For 2.96 Advantage: Rage
3.34 Goals Against 3.02 Advantage: syndicate
24.49% PP% 16.27% Advantage: Rage
84.17% PK% 83.33% Advantage: Rage
49.29% Faceoff% 47.45% Advantage: Rage

Well one team is heavily favored but congrats to the Chicago Syndicate for making it this far. No but seriously Manhattan has a lot of advantages being higher scoring, a FAR superior Powerplay, a better penalty kill, and they win more faceoffs. What worries me is just how many goals they allow. While both teams tended to allow more goals than they could score, Chicago only needs to get a few to win, where as Manhattan will need to score 4+ to keep pace on average. The Rage had a top 5 PP% while the Syndicate ranked 14 out of 16 teams so they will want to capitalize on any opportunities they get. Both teams had top 3 penalty kills and were the most disciplined teams to boot. Against each other they played 4 games with syndicate winning 3 games to 1. Goals were 16-11 in Chicago's favor. Shot advantage too was theirs' at 142-101. While league wide i'd give it to the Rage, head to head this might easily favor Chicago. Special teams for Chicago was 2 for 18, with Manhattan at 0 for 5.

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

good luck have fun!

pride

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies     S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK     Grizzlies

Ilike

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

pride

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]