Create Account

S47 PT #5 - Cover Athlete

[Image: yYN0zcr.png]
@GrilledTwinkiez
**S47 Suggestion Box Winner**

[Image: ea.sports.logo_.040711-530px.jpg]

Written Task: Next season's SHL S48 video game is in the works and you have been asked to help name the cover athlete! in a 150 + word report to EA, explain who you have chosen as the cover athlete for the SHL or SMJHL and why that player is the right choice...(*Tag Player*)

Graphic task: Design the cover for the game! SHL or SMJHL cover must include one render and name, team logo, game platform, and some indication of the 48th SHL season.

Additional Information:
THIS PT IS FOR SHL PLAYERS AND SEND DOWNS. IT IS NOT FOR SMJHL ROOKIES.

You will receive 3 capped TPE for fulfilling all requirements.
This PT will close Sunday, May 26 at 10PM EST.

Welfare claims from either PBE or the NSFL are accepted! *if you’re claiming welfare and have a different username on the affiliates site then you need to state that in your post to get credit.*

Any questions/concerns, please PM me.
Note: Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

I chose the legendary Teddy Cuddles (@"cpetrella" ) for the cover of the next SHL game. Yes, Edmonton has a bunch of star power. Cuddles, Brady McIntyre (51), Hercules Rockefeller (47), Cory Knouse (44), Ensio Kalju (42), Tony Pepperoni (41), Connor Tanner (41) and myself (40) all finished with over 40 points this season, with Brady, a DEFENSEMAN, leading us in scoring. But Teddy has been a consistent, and loyal, servant to Edmonton since he was traded there as part of a package for Mike Izzy as a rookie by Calgary. Teddy is a consistent plus whenever he's on the ice, as shown by his +8 this season, and also doles out a bunch of hits. He led the team with 182. Teddy also doesn't take much crap from anyone. He only received 78 hits this season. He is also a power play ace with 11 power play points (4 goals, 7 assists) and has a penchant for game winning goals, scoring 4 this year as the Blizzard romped to second in the West, a point behind the hated New Orleans Spectres (BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO). But most of all, Teddy Cuddles has been one of the best players in Edmonton Blizzard history, as he is currently 4th in all-time scoring for Edmonton. He totally deserves to be named as cover athlete.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

My choice for S48 SMJHL Cover Athlete is Lethbridge's goalie Patrice Nadeau (@Fluw). Why? Sure, we play(ed) for the same team and it's quite likely that he's no longer playing in the SMJHL in season 48, but that doesn't mean you can't put him on the cover. First of all goalies are underrepresented on video game covers in my opinion and why not put one of the best goalies the SMJHL has seen recently on the cover? After all he's managed to crack the top 5 in both SV% in GAA in a season in the 50-game era and that has to be worth something. Nobody in the last 10+ SMJHL seasons has managed to get even close, especially coming from an expansion team like Lethbridge and only playing three seasons in the league. On top of that he was also the team's starter for the first three years. I can't think of a better way to recognize someone's SMJHL career than putting him on the cover for this game.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-18-2019, 11:42 AM by esilverm.)

If I were to choose the S48 SMJHL Cover Athlete, I would pick Michael Fox @FuzzSHL regardless if he gets called up next season. This mans is not just any mans. Michael Fox has been a part of 2 Four Star Cup winning teams and has been one of the most dedicated players on and off the ice. This season alone, he led a franchise team to their first Laurifer trophy since S39 when they eventually won the first four star cup under legendary GM Joe K. Fox, this season was 2nd in total assists so he is also a great teammate. Though Fox wasn't THE top point-getter in the league, he is a stand out guy and works just as hard as anybody else to ensure team success and will likely go on to be a legendary SHL player. I don't see any reason why anybody wouldn't choose Michael Fox to be on the cover of the game.

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-18-2019, 01:03 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

Ive put some thought into this as an EA cover to represent the whole SHL is serious stuff.  There are a boat load of great choices, if you wanna go with a well known older player then a Visser or a Joe K are great choices. There are some in prime players that would make good covers like Marius, Atmey, nova, Cuddles and Izzy.... but i think theres a changing of the guard in progress and specifically at D-Man where we saw some of the best overall numbers at that position in a long time happen. So an in prime D-man is where im going with this.. and thats going to be Otis B. Driftwood. Hes young big and strong and comes with name recognition, hes a fantasy force which adds to the intrigue, hes very good with the media which will help with interviews and coverage on this EA cover and hes damn good on the ice! 53 points, 163 hits, 67 blocks, 11PPP, 120 PKM and a +17 in S47 .. this is a Stevens and Bojo Biscut award frontrunner along side Tigole Bitties and maybe deserving of a Ron Mexico nomination. I think Otis B. Driftwood would make a great option for SHL S48!

@Slappydoodle

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

[Image: ea_cover.png]

@Kalakar earned it with the season he had

[Image: 66818_s.gif]
(This post was last modified: 05-18-2019, 01:13 PM by JamesT.)

The cover athlete that i have chosen for the S48 SMJHL would have to be my fellow teammate from the Montreal  Militia @gillon Kristoffer Svensson. 

He once again had a tremendous season with us in the SMJHL racking up 45 points in 50 games by producing 16 goals and 29 assists leading our team in scoring. Kristoffer was also the only  Militia player to go over 40 points in the regular season for us as well. After playing with Kristoffer for three seasons and being in the same draft year as him we got the chance to grow closer as friends and i can't think of a more deserving person to be the cover athlete! Kristoffer is also a big gamer himself so if he were to be the cover athlete it would be a huge honor for him. Kristoffer and i are both capped for TPE in the SMJHL and it is only a matter of time before we make our debut for our respective SHL clubs and we have to part ways. I got drafted by the  Blizzard and Kristoffer by the  Stampede so i am not looking forward to facing him up in the big stage as i know he will be a force to be reckon with. I wouldn't mind facing him in the SMJHL video game and using the Montreal  Militia to beat him though. In all seriousness Kristoffer is whole hardheartedly deserving of being the cover athlete after having a dominant performance in the SMJHL once again.

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 

EA Sports SHL 49 cover athlete @slothfacekilla Guy is fueled to win, so let's get a rookie on the cover for the first time. I would be happy to see him win the cover, guy has a great personality and he is one of the better players in SMJHL. Moving up I feel he will be much of the same thing up in the SHL no matter where he goes. So I would be expecting him to do something great in the upcoming weeks for SMJHL playoffs then moving right on up with the SHL team he has. Sloth is one of those guys that comes once in a generation, and he upcoming star power talent sloth has it's coming with good intentions, and will be probably one of the if not the best offensive producers in the league for years to come. More his work ethic, and his personality he is more than worth giving a shot at the cover athlete for SHL.
(This post was last modified: 05-19-2019, 12:21 PM by ej27.)

For season 28, the committee has decided to choose a cover athlete based not on performance, but on aesthetic. It was a tough decision, finding the best looking player in the SHL or SMJHL, but in the end it was a unanimous decision. And by unanimous, I mean me. I decided. I'm the committee. So without further ado, it is my absolute pleasure to announce that the season 28 cover athlete is Dominic Montgomery, elite defenseman and captain for the Halifax Raiders, future stud for the San Francisco Pride. Montgomery is a player whose individual performance has been somewhat hindered by the fact that he plays for Halifax. Stats wise, are there better players in the league? Of course there are. Aesthetic wise, are there better looking players in the league? I don't fucking think so. Montgomery has it all; the hair, the face, the bod, and the swagger. We're pleased with this decision and look forward to record breaking sales, if only because people will wanna hang this fucking beauty on their walls. Thank you for your time.

@bilbo

[Image: 45029_v.gif]

Sigs by: King, Tweedledunn, Me
Player Page|Twitter|Update Page

My pick for the SHL 48 cover athlete is DeMaricus Smyth of the New Orleans Specters. DeMaricus fully broke out this season, leading the league in goals and points while leading his team to the top seed in the Western Conference. As for his character, Smyth is the heart and soul of team Czechia, is a huge bright spot in the New Orleans locker room, and a stand up guy off the ice. Smyth is a great 2 way player, playing on both the Power Play and Penalty Kill units for the Specters and not being afraid to throw the body, racking up 97 hits during the season. A big credit to Smyth for only having 14 of his league leading 62 points come on the power play. 21 Goals and 27 Assists at even strength is better than some team leaders had period, regardless of power play or penalty kill points. Plus lets be honest, that is one good lookin dude lol.

@Blastmeaway

[Image: mTgAyCs.png]

For the SMJHL  season 47 cover athlete this year I’m going to go off the books a bit with my endorsement and select fellow ANC teammate and goaltender Peter Larson @Tomasnz. Larson was an absolute stud in the SMJHL this year (as he is every year) while backstopping a very young Armada team to yet another winning season. He faced the most shots in the league and had to stand on his head on several occasions in order to give the Armada a chance to win night in and night out. Despite getting absolutely peppered with shots Larson maintained an above .900 sv percentage (.904) that was good enough for second in the league. He also recorded 3 shutouts, two back of league leader Nadeau, who had an amazing season as well. Larson is highly decorated, having won multiple medals for Team World in the world juniors as well as the Arikkannen trophy in S45 for rookie of the year. Already a household name in the J, Larson is sure to become a star for Manhattan in the SHL as well and would be a great choice for the cover.

[Image: N6rDTb0.png]
                                                   [Image: NVUyuKG.png]

SPENCER MACLEAN///C///ANCHORAGE ARMADA///350TPE
                                                                   Player Update Page      Player Page

(This post was last modified: 05-18-2019, 10:49 PM by ViN.)

[Image: TZUNNsc.png]

[Image: TqPg1ou.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png] [Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: wu5MVvy.png%5D]

Brady McIntyre @caltrot_red_flames would be my pick for this years cover athlete. We have a very deep team compared to some other teams where this guy would stand out even more. We are lucky to have this hard hitting, shot blocking amazingly dedicated player on our team and in the SHL. His great looks would help sell tons of copies as many people would buy it based on that alone. This guy plays in all situations and is on the 2nd pairing making the Blizzard have easily one of the best D-cores around as this guy is a number 1 on almost every other team. He has some sweet dangles for a defenseman and had two great shootout goals for us this season but of course he is our best passer and dished up 39 assists.I know kids everywhere are buying McIntryre jersey's so it's time to give them what they want and put him on the cover already!

[Image: dVy6XWn.jpg]
[Image: 9POiosr.png]
First SHL goal on first SHL shot in first SHL game.

For this season's cover athlete for the EA Sports SHL 48 Version, we look to the President's Cup winners, the West Kendall Platoon. None other than Dani Forsberg @Insayne will be representing his team and the league, to all our hardcore sports gaming customers!

Forsberg is a prolific scorer, who has been no lower than 6th in points in each of the last 5 seasons. He is a vital asset to the Platoon, who have many excellent players, and his pride, hustle, and determination give him a PHD in hockey! He has scored over 50 points for 7 straight seasons, which is an incredible statistic. He can singlehandedly create opportunities out of seemingly nothing, helping make West Kendall one of the top offensive teams in the league.

He makes everyone around him better, he is one of the best skaters and passers in the league and that talent allows him to utilize all his teammates when it comes to the attack. He was a big contributor when the Platoon won the Challenge Cup in Season 43. Forsberg is one of the true stars of the league, but is a genuine team player as well. His dedication and perseverance to achieving excellence are what made him the obvious choice to be on the Cover!

His stats for the last 5 seasons:

S43 : 20G 37A 57P +7
S44 : 22G 31A 53P +10
S45 : 27G 33A 60P +14
S46 : 21G 38A 59P +13
S47 : 25G 35A 60P +21

A player who definitely deserves this honor and will be a wonderful representative of the SHL!

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies     S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK     Grizzlies

(This post was last modified: 05-19-2019, 11:54 AM by Jearim.)

[Image: j2nNTTN.jpg]

[Image: 54855_s.gif]

Knights ||  Patriotes

Whalers|| Renegades ||  Patriotes ||  Finland

Renegades ||Militia ||Canada  

[Image: jearim.gif]