Create Account

Playoffs and SMJHL Milestone Goals

Before the beginning of the SMJHL Playoffs, RTE caught up with Padraig to discuss the season, what the smjhl considers as milestones, and the playoffs.

RTE: Your first season is over, what are your thoughts?

Sarantez: I am happy with it, I think I came along well during the season. Things started off slow, but continued to get better and better during the season. The team has really gelled and because of that, it has allowed us to get better as a group and man our goalie has been top notch and bailed me out quite a bit during the season before I got a bit better defensively. Then it was my time to return the favor and I was able to block a lot of shots for him.

RTE: Disappointed with your point total?

Sarantez: *glares* No.

RTE: Sorry. Thoughts on how the smjhl handles player milestones?

Sarantez: Probably the most ridiculous thing ever. They league is so full of players that should be in the SHL, that there is no way for a rookie to get anywhere near these milestones. I mean seriously, unless you are on the first line or a second line with a lot of power play time, then you are out of luck. I would like to see any rookie who got more than three of these milestones. Just kinda bullshit.

RTE: Alright then... Ready for the playoffs?

Sarantez: Always, we have a bye which is nice, but gonna have to do a lot of practice to be ready for our first game because any time not in a game situation is tough when you go back into that situation. So we just need to be aware of that and train in game situations to be ready. It is my first shot at the 4-Star and I want to get the trophy that my uncle never could, so I am ready and the team should be ready because if they are not, then we are definitely going to have words.

+1

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

100% agree about milestones. Should be separate rookie and send down milestones to achieve

S52 "A" Alternate Captain of the Calgary Dragons
"GM" - Former Prince George Firebirds and Regina Force General Manager
"C" - Former Captain of the Halifax Raiders
S48 Brandon Holmes Trophy Recipient - Top Defensive Forward

FirebirdsScarecrowsraiders - TimberGrizzliesArmadaCanadaDragonsBlizzardStars - PlatoonSpecters
Davos Otasrob Player Page
Davos Otasrob Player Updates

05-20-2019, 10:17 AMRublic Wrote: 100% agree about milestones. Should be separate rookie and send down milestones to achieve

+ 1
(This post was last modified: 05-21-2019, 03:28 AM by Katth.)

Even as a second year send down I don't get more than 2 milestones. Whoever thought of the fact that centers need to score more goals for their milestone than wingers needs to get his head examined. Also the fact that three other milestones are goal related is beyond me.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-21-2019, 12:35 PM by Mayuu.)

05-21-2019, 03:27 AMKatth Wrote: Even as a second year send down I don't get more than 2 milestones. Whoever thought of the fact that centers need to score more goals for their milestone than wingers needs to get his head examined. Also the fact that three other milestones are goal related is beyond me.

It's calculated on league averages , it changes each season.

RETIRED