Create Account

An Act of Contrition

Anyone that was on the boards this past weekend will be familiar with the Calgary Dragons logo announcement and the subsequent shitstorm it created. I played an integral role in that thread getting as off the hook as it got.

I always have and always will passionately defend my friends, family and teammates, both on these boards and in my day to day world. I can say with conviction that in almost five years, I have never ranted or gotten heated on here in relation to something that primarily affected me. I have always kept my powder dry until I needed it in defense of others. Insults and the negative opinions of others just don’t bother me very much, or at least not enough to make me respond generally. On the other hand I do fly off the handle sometimes when I perceive bullying and or abusive behavior towards others.

I love Esa. He is a truly wonderful person. He is a dear friend of mine in real life. My wife and children love him and love spending time with him, as all who know him do. Esa loves the Calgary Dragons dearly. He is passionate about them to a level that few can match. If anyone really wants to know the secret of his success it lies in that passion and determination to make his team the greatest. Couple that with his kind heart, caring manner and keen intellect and you’ve got a true GM machine.

I came home from an excellent Saturday out with my family. Sitting in my living room I got on the SHL for the first time all day and came across a raging furor in progress in that logo thread. As I read through it, I saw red. In that moment, reading some of the vitriolic and asinine comments i was overcome with a desire to attack and rend Esa’s detractors in a way that I knew he would never do himself. I wanted to fight for him against any and all, and I proceeded to do exactly that.

This leads me to my apology. In my desire to hurt those that I perceived as having hurt my friend, i got carried away. I must give credit to @karey for a post of his in that thread that really made me think. He spoke about criticism he has received for past graphics work and how it hurt him. It saddened me because I realized I was guilty of exactly that behavior, both in that thread and in the past. I have ragged on logos and said hurtful things about other’s creative output on occasion and was in the process of doing so that day. I am deeply ashamed of having done so. I wish to apologize to any and all I have hurt by doing so. It was petty and spiteful of me to say anything about the work others have done. I will strive to be better in the future.

To be clear, I offer no apologies and have no regret for defending Esa, Calgary and the new logo (which frankly, I never cared that much about either way) against those that just like to shit on everything and everyone. I will engage with them anytime I see a need to do so. I believe passionately in free speech. These people have a right to be trolling douchebags. I have a right to call them out on being trolling douchebags. I do not, however, have a right to take cheap shots and dump on those that don’t deserve it, in the process.

Sorry for rambling on and on. I am nothing if not verbose. I just really felt bad about going negative on people that had nothing to do with the matter at hand and wanted to try and make some small amends.

Thank you for your time and attention

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

As the spokesperson for the LEGOLAS (Low Esteem Group of Losers American Society) I find your actions troubling

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

You're a good guy, Slappy, and that's why it's taken this long for you to be baptised in troll-fire for the first time. Good luck against Edmonton. o/

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

Edmonton finna rumble Cal-Gary in 4 eh

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs