Create Account

S47 Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 05-30-2019, 03:47 AM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

[Image: eZ67IJz.png]

Championship week is here as the Calgary Dragons take on the West Kendall Platoon in the S47 Challenge Cup finals! The SHL is about to showcase its greatest individual event and you are apart of it with your contributions to this post! You will be paid in TPE which is earned by completing the tasks below. Each assignment will vary in TPE amount so please read each task carefully! You can earn up to '16' uncapped TPE . Feel free to do more than that, but you won't get the credit for anything over 16.

[Note: All tasks that are not league-specific can be done for either the SHL or the SMJHL playoffs.]

Dragons  Platoon

Code:
Task 01: (Written, 3 TPE)
You are at the airport awaiting a flight to meet back up with your team after spending the day being honoured as a 'Hometown Hero' in the place where you grew up! Tell us about your day... what did they have planned for you? Who did you see there? What were you given? How did it turn out? ... In 150 words or more, tell us all about this big moment as hometown hero.

Code:
TASK 02: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
The leagues running an auction where all proceeds will go to the education departments of both teams in the challenge cup finals! create a graphic of a player in the challenge cup series holding up an SHL related item for bidding. Graphic should include a pic of that player, his name, his team logo, the item hes showing off for bidding and wording about what we are seeing in the graphic. (*tag that player)

Code:
Task 03: (Written, 3 TPE)
If you are in the SMJHL then you have been there for at least a few seasons and its likely that a promotion to the SHL is coming soon. The question is.. are you ready?..  what areas of your game do you believe are SHL ready and what areas are you concerned about?  what things are you sad to leave behind and what things are you excited about when moving to your parent club. (Must be 150 words or more)

Code:
TASK 04: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
Calgary and WKP are giving the first 7,500 fans in the building a Challenge Cup poster of one of there young up and coming stars in their organization! Create that poster! ...must include that players render, player name, team name, team logo and exciting wording to highlight that player. (*tag that player)

Code:
Task 05: (Written, up to 6 TPE)
Pick up to [u]6[/u] challenge cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth '1' TPE. Each answer must be '50' words or more.

1. Breakdown this finals matchup for us, how will it play out? who will be the stars of this series, what will the outcome be? (*tag anyone involved)
2. A major managerial showdown is about to take place Between WKP's (Jr95, Wongy) and Calgarys (Steelhead77, C00kies) which set of GM's have the tactical/managerial advantage in this series and why?
3. Which player in the finals should be considered their teams playoff MVP and which should be considered their teams unsung hero thus far and why?
4. Which player do you believe will be the differance maker in their franchise winning the title here in S47?
5. After trading off there best players and declaring themselves in a full rebuild back in S45, The Calgary Dragons have made it to the S47 finals.. just 2 seasons later.  Choose: ('No surprise', 'mild surprise', 'major surprise' or 'in shock') and explain why.
6. Which young players in this series (S42-S47) have a chance to break out and make a name for themselves here in the Challenge Cup Finals? (*Tag that player)
7. The West Kendall Platoon are back in the finals after a season out of the playoffs and a team that was in serious regression Choose: ('No surprise', 'mild surprise', 'major surprise' or 'in shock') and explain why.
8. Star netminders Kata Vilde and Beaujeaux Biscuit have both carried there teams into the finals. Which franchise goalie has a better chance to carry their franchise to a title?

Code:
TASK 06: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
Create a playoff collage for one of the teams in the challenge cup finals! Collage must have a title, the logo of the team and at least 4 pictures with player names and wording explaining what each playoff pic was about. (*Tag everyone involved in the collage)

Code:
Task 07: (Written, 3 TPE)
You have been given the responsibility of organizing the National Anthem(s) for both teams in the Challenge Cup Finals. With the entire world watching the league feels its imperative that who ever you choose really encapusates the persona of the team and their fanbase. In 150 words or more, let us know who you chose for both teams, why you believe they represent that franchise and anything notable about their performance,, IE outfits, accompaniment, etc.

Code:
TASK 08: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
The WWF (World Wildlife Foundation) and the SHL are working together as the cover of thier June magazine will boast an SHL player in the finals along side an animal.. and your job is to create the cover!  On a Magazine cover, should include the WWF logo, a title of front page, an SHL players render, his name and team logo, plus an animal of your choice next to him.

Code:
Task 09: (Written, 3 TPE)
Which organization that didnt make it to the finals would you consider to be the biggest disappointment? What do you think are the main reasons why they fell short this season? (Must be 150 words or more)

Code:
TASK 10: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
Trading cards have become a big topic around the SHL in S47 and the league wants to captilize on this new found popularity with Challenge Cup playoff cards! Create 1 of these special edition cards below, cards should include an SHL logo, players renders, names, team names/logo and must be in a card background.

1 - Challenge Cup Leaders - must have 3 players on the card with there names, renders and 1 playoff stat for each.
2 - Challenge Cup young guns - Must have 2 young players on the card with there names, renders and a playoff stat from each.
3 - GM special edition card - Must have GMs or Co GM's on the card with there names, renders and a team stat from each.

Code:
Task 11: (Written, 3 TPE)
Writers on the internet have jokingly tossed around the following playoff roster idea: "when a team eliminates another team, they get to claim a player from that eliminated team to join their roster" Pretend the SHL has adopted this rule this postseason. Pick one of the teams in the Challenge Cup final and pick any player from a team that they've eliminated to add to their roster for the finals. Why did they choose that player? How will this player help out? Where will they play in the lineup? (must be 150 words or more, *tag all players)

Code:
Task 12: (Written, 3 TPE)
Theres no path to the finals without a little bit of adversity. In 150 words or more, write about the adversity one of the teams faced on the road to the Challenge Cup Finals. (*tag anyone involed)

Code:
TASK 13: (*CASUAL MEMBER SPECIAL* Send answer in PM, up to 3 TPE)
Its trivia time with 4 questions related to our Challenge Cup participants!

1. Who is the all time goals leader on the West Kendall Platoon?
2. Who won Calgary's Jesster Award (Team MVP) for season 46?
3. Who are the current 3 captains per there team info page (C, A and A) on the West Kendall Platoon?
4. What is the name of the stadium where the Calgary Dragons play there home games?

**Important**: Send the answers to username "PT Director" with the subject of the message titled “#Tigole-Trivia" do not send it to my personal account cause i will not look at it and you will not recieve credit for it. Do not post the answers in here cause you will not get credit for the task. [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer]

Code:
Task 14: (Podtask, 3 or 4 TPE)
The SHL Network is excited to announce extended coverage of the S47 Playoffs through your speakers! From hit podcasts to fresh new voices.. submit your mini-pod and earn TPE! What you talk about is up to you, the only criteria this season is that all Mini-Pods should be post season related.

1 Man Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 5 minutes or 4 TPE for 7 Minutes
2 Man Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 6 Minutes or 4 TPE for 8 Minutes

*Post the link of your pod in this thread below*

Additional Information:
THIS PT IS FOR SHL PLAYERS AND SEND DOWNS. IT IS NOT FOR SMJHL ROOKIES.

'1' Welfare claim from either PBE or the NSFL will be accepted! *if you’re claiming welfare and have a different username on the affiliates site then you need to state that in your post to get credit.*

Deadline: June 6 @10 PM EDT.
Please feel free to PM me with any questions or concerns.
Note: Posts with malicious intent will not be graded.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2019, 05:20 PM by goilers.)

PBE   + 3 TPE

Pick up to 6 challenge cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth '1' TPE. Each answer must be '50' words or more.

1. Breakdown this finals matchup for us, how will it play out? who will be the stars of this series, what will the outcome be? (*tag anyone involved)
I think West Kendall Platoon is going to take home the cup this season, they have some key pieces and with the trades that were made this season they became an even stronger squad. I think the star of the series from West Kendall Platoon is going to be their goalie Biscuits. He has been a wall and his back must be OH so sore from carrying the team. @.bojo (69 Words)

2. A major managerial showdown is about to take place Between WKP's (Jr95, Wongy) and Calgarys (Steelhead77, C00kies) which set of GM's have the tactical/managerial advantage in this series and why?
Honestly is tough to say because im on the West Kendall Platoon and obviously want to take the cup home, but Steelhead is one of the longest tenured GM’s in the league and obviously knows what hes doing considering hes taking his rebuilding team to the playoffs multiple season nows, however JR is a super star and we even won some cups in Vancouver together. So I choose JR! (69 Words)

4. Which player do you believe will be the difference maker in their franchise winning the title here in S47?
I think the difference maker is going to be none other than West Kendall Platoons goal tender Beaujeaux Biscuit. He has been an absolutely stud this season and has been showing off in the playoffs, after coming back 1-3 and taking the series against Buffalo and winning the conference title he is going to come in blaring against the Calgary Dragons and will be the difference maker for sure. (69 Words)

7. The West Kendall Platoon are back in the finals after a season out of the playoffs and a team that was in serious regression Choose: ('No surprise', 'mild surprise', 'major surprise' or 'in shock') and explain why.
No Surprise, honestly. JR knows what he’s doing and it’s no secret, he takes the time to do tests and know how to help the players when they need him. He is one of the best guys in the locker room and it makes players want to be there, a reason why they were one of my top destinations. So no its no surprise to me he’s here again. (69 Words)

8. Star netminders Kata Vilde and Beaujeaux Biscuit have both carried there teams into the finals. Which franchise goalie has a better chance to carry their franchise to a title?
Obviously Beaujeaux Biscuits has the better chance to carry the franchise to a title because look at the team behind him, Jesus, Forsberg, Wong, Light and Koch Schroder. So many good players, I’d be scared to play against them. Biscuit has been a brick wall for them all season and it has continued in to the playoffs and I expect it to continue to the finals for the cup. (69 Words)

3. Which player in the finals should be considered their teams playoff MVP and which should be considered their teams unsung hero thus far and why?
I think Beaujeaux Biscuit should be considered to be the playoff MVP, he basically took us to the finals and swept to boot. He did incredible and put on one of the best shows ive ever seen. The underdog imo is Woodcock, he really broke out in the playoffs this season and i am sure it will continue into next season it was fun to be a part of. (69 words)

Which organization that didn’t make it to the finals would you consider to be the biggest disappointment? What do you think are the main reasons why they fell short this season? (Must be 150 words or more)

I think the biggest disappoint for myself would be that the Los Angeles Panthers didn’t make the playoffs of the finals, they had made it for consecutive seasons and even to the finals multiple times and it sucks seeing a franchise you really care about it not make it into post season. However they are retooling so I’ll give them that. It is not like they were the biggest disappointment in the entire league but the biggest disappointment to Sophia Bennett (which doesn’t mean much) The main reason they fell short was because they were in the selling market and traded some of their stars for future picks. It was time for the to rebuild and move in a different direction which I think was really good for the franchise, I can assure you Wasty and JT3 know what they were doing and will be back in the playoffs in no time.
Code:
152 Words

- Sent PM

Stampede Citadelles  [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]  Citadelles Stampede
[Image: goilers.gif]

(This post was last modified: 06-04-2019, 01:13 PM by bbjygm.)

Code:
You are at the airport awaiting a flight to meet back up with your team after spending the day being honored as a 'Hometown Hero' in the place where you grew up! Tell us about your day... what did they have planned for you? Who did you see there? What were you given? How did it turn out? ... In 150 words or more, tell us all about this big moment as hometown hero.

Slap was waiting in the SeaTac airport for his flight to his new SHL team, the New England Wolfpack. He starts reminiscing about his day...

When Slap woke up, there was a horde of people watching him from his window. He freaked out and ran into a part of his house they couldn't see. His mom told him they came to see him after someone doxed ("Honey, what's a doxed?") his location in Auburn, Washington. Some wanted to support the professional hockey player and some wanted to yell profanities for transferring from the USA international team to the Switzerland team.

His parents loaded Slap up in their van and they barreled out of the garage, the crowd parting just enough to not get hit. They sped along, performing a pseudo car chase with the crowd of cars chasing after them. Explosions poofed in the distance with each tricky maneuver that was performed. By the time they made it to the airport, there were a few cars left on their tail. Slap zoomed off into the airport, diving through the metal detectors with a pissed-off line of passengers behind him. Airport security tackled the pursuing fans/haters, leaving him with enough time to relax before his flight arrived.

Code:
TASK 02: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
The leagues running an auction where all proceeds will go to the education departments of both teams in the challenge cup finals! create a graphic of a player in the four-star cup series holding up an SMJHL related item for bidding. Graphic should include a pic of that player, his name, his team logo, the item hes showing off for bidding and wording about what we are seeing in the graphic. (*tag that player)

@DieselJ
[Image: jAPftoh.png]

Code:
If you are in the SMJHL then you have been there for at least a few seasons and its likely that a promotion to the SHL is coming soon. The question is.. are you ready?..  what areas of your game do you believe are SHL ready and what areas are you concerned about?  what things are you sad to leave behind and what things are you excited about when moving to your parent club. (Must be 150 words or more)

"I've already been called up to my SHL team," Slap said to the reporter. "That's where I'm headed now, actually."

The airport bustled around Slap McShotty and a reporter for an upstart hockey blog. Slap looked nervously towards the crowd, unsure if he'd get recognized.

"What parts of your game are you confident in and what would you like to work on?" asked the reporter.

"Well, I'm not totally confident in one particular part of my game besides my face-off prowess and puck possession. I've been told that my place in the roster is specifically for those roles, so I guess I'll need to work on that part of my game more to bring it up to SHL levels. I could also work on my defense, I'm sure. I can check above average but I would like to take hits better.

"Oh, here's my flight! Gotta run!" Slap exclaimed as he broke off from the interview with a jolt.

Code:
TASK 06: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
Create a playoff collage for one of the teams in the four-star cup finals! Collage must have a title, the logo of the team and at least 4 pictures with player names and wording explaining what each playoff pic was about. (*Tag everyone involved in the collage)

@JNH, @chetib, @Thunfish
[Image: wbtZ5J7.png]

Code:
Task 12: (Written, 3 TPE)
There's no path to the finals without a little bit of adversity. In 150 words or more, write about the adversity one of the teams faced on the road to the Four-Star Cup Finals. (*tag anyone involved)

Anaheim faced some adversity in the semi-finals against the St. Louis Scarecrows. For the first two games, Anaheim lost by 1 goal each. This brought a downer in the locker room for a while being down 0 to 2. However, the team got pumped up and won the next three games in a row by 1 goal each. In the 5th game, Tibuk Soonika (@chetib) let in 4 goals in the first two periods. Then, Patrick Niederreiter (@DieselJ) took over and stood up to the challenge. He blocked all shots he faced and Anaheim was able to scrape a tying goal to bring it to overtime and eventually win it with an OT1 goal. Game 6 went to St. Louis and was the only game that wasn't a 1-goal game. In game 7, Anaheim and the Scarecrows were tied in the first two periods, but Anaheim was able to overcome the previous Four-Star Cup champions and move onward to the finals!

Code:

3. Who are the current 3 captains per there team info page (C, A and A) on the West Kendall Platoon?
4. What is the name of the stadium where the Calgary Dragons play there home games?

**Important**: Send the answers to username "PT Director" with the subject of the message titled “#Tigole-Trivia" do not send it to my personal account cause i will not look at it and you will not recieve credit for it. Do not post the answers in here cause you will not get credit for the task. [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer]

Sent.

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2019, 04:08 AM by gordieboom.)

Quote:Task 03: (Written, 3 TPE)

Next season will be Gordie's first season in the SHL. He did spent 3 seasons in the SMJHL with the St. Louis Scarecrows. Although it hurts leaving such a great organization i think it is the right time to make the step and play for the New England Wolfpack in the SHL. Gordie is closing in on 700 TPE, which is enough to be a factor. He played as a sniper for the Scarecrows, but will play as a pass-first center for the New England Wolfpack, so he will train hard in the offseason on the skills required for that position, meaning he will mainly focus on passing and defense. There is a chance that Gordie could play on the second line straight away. If that is the case he will need to work on his endurance. I had a great time in St.Louis and would like to use this opportunity to thank the management for a great time and creating a perfect environment to develop as a player and person. I am excited to play for the Wolfpack alongside a great bunch of players.

Quote:Task 05: (Written, up to 6 TPE)

Pick up to 6 challenge cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth '1' TPE. Each answer must be '50' words or more.

This is a tough one. Obviously Steelhead77 has more experience than JR95 as a head GM, the difference is 16 seasons, so based solely on experience i would say Calgary has an advantage. But with that said i don't know these GMs well enough to give my opinion about this matter.
5. After trading off there best players and declaring themselves in a full rebuild back in S45, The Calgary Dragons have made it to the S47 finals.. just 2 seasons later.  Choose: ('No surprise', 'mild surprise', 'major surprise' or 'in shock') and explain why.
This is a major surprise for me. I would have thought that either the New Orleans Specters or Edmonton Blizzard would present the West in the finals. Those two teams had a better season record and have arguably a better roster. Calgary had a but of luck on their side that they didn't need to play against the Specters, because they were surprisingly knocked out by Texas.
I have to say that this is a mild surprise for me. A surprise because i believe the Buffalo Stampede are a better team in the East. Mild though because the West Kendall Platoon really added some strong pieces before the trade deadline in various trades. They added Berezin, Bennett and Woodcroft who all clearly made an impact.
Both goalies start from scratch and looking at the numbers from the regular season i can't conclude which goalie is the better of the two. They are also very close in TPE (1366 for Vilde vs 1374 for Biscuit) so for me this is fifty-fifty. Both goalies would need some help from their defense.

Quote:Task 09: (Written, 3 TPE)

Which organization that didnt make it to the finals would you consider to be the biggest disappointment? What do you think are the main reasons why they fell short this season? (Must be 150 words or more)

This final between Calgary Dragons and West Kendall Platoon really surprised me. I think there were multiple upsets. The Edmonton Blizzard lost against Calgary Dragons again just like last season, fire and ice just don't go well together. The Buffalo Stampede didn't make it to the final despite arguably having the best roster and being the reigning champion, but the biggest disappointment for me was the early exit of the New Orleans Specters against the Texas Renegades. The reason they lost is simply a string of bad luck. They lost the opening two games against Texas despite outshooting them in both games. In the next 5 games, they outshot them again 4 times. Every game they lost was with a one goal difference, so it was just bad luck i guess. However i don't consider Texas Renegades as a top team, they showed it with 4-1 loss against Calgary in the following round, which makes the loss for the Specters even more disappointing. 

Quote:Task 11: (Written, 3 TPE)

Writers on the internet have jokingly tossed around the following playoff roster idea: "when a team eliminates another team, they get to claim a player from that eliminated team to join their roster" Pretend the SHL has adopted this rule this postseason. Pick one of the teams in the Challenge Cup final and pick any player from a team that they've eliminated to add to their roster for the finals. Why did they choose that player? How will this player help out? Where will they play in the lineup? (must be 150 words or more, *tag all players)

I will pick West Kendall Platoon for this crazy idea. I have said it before, one area the roster of West Kendall Platoon is seriously lacking is grit. They don't have many players with a lot of checking so i would most likely focus on that. West Kendall's first victim was the Chicago Syndicate. There roster doesn't have players that could seriously improve the Platoon. Luckily Chicago beat Manhattan in the Wild Card round so let's assume Chicago picked a guy like Reginald MacIntyre (@GoonerBear ) from Manhattan. He would be a good fit for the Platoon and most likely play on their first line. West Kendall's next victim where the Buffalo Stampede. Buffalo's roster has a couple of gritty players. Tatu Makela would be an option, but since they already picked up a D from Manhattan, i think they would go for center Viktor Marius (@karey) who would straight go to their first line.

Quote:TASK 13: (*CASUAL MEMBER SPECIAL* Send answer in PM, up to 3 TPE)

MAIL SENT

Stars | Player | Update Thread | Gordie#6746 | Manual Lineup Sheet | HockeyNation | Grizzlies
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2019, 06:06 AM by Katth.)

Task 1: (Written, 3 TPE)
I’m sitting at the gate with my girlfriend awaiting our flight back to Calgary. Today was a special day. I got a huge sendoff party in Battleford, Saskatchewan. My final games in the SMJHL are over and I’m being called up by the Calgary Dragons.

They setup this huge stage in the town square and I don’t know how many people were there, but it seemed like a lot! My parents, other relatives and most of my friends were all there. I met with my old coaches, who had all prepared a speech together. I was humbled by their words, but at the same time I don’t think I’ve deserved anything like this yet. When the day was almost over they gave me this huge collage of pictures from my days as a Battleford North Star player mixed with images from my time in Kelowna. When the festivities were all over we had a nice dinner with my family and the mayor.

Now I’m looking forward, forward to be a Calgary Dragon. I can’t wait.

Task 2: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
[Image: l16TRXw.jpg]
@Mike Izzy

Promotion is coming soon, very soon. I was already called up to dress in the Challenge Cup Final, so the call-up for the next season is going to happen. I’m physically ready for the SHL, but mentally? I don’t know. It’s a big step up from juniors. Though I’m confident I can make a difference on the ice. Setting up my linemates with some good passing plays and face off draws. Though my ability for a two-way game is lacking a bit, but we’ve already been talking about that with the coaching staff in Calgary to improve this.

I’ve had a really great time in Kelowna and I will never forget it. The team and the locker room is a welcoming place for rookies and I hope it will stay that way for the years to come. Even though we didn’t get to win a Four Star Cup, it was a great time. I’m going to miss the fans as well, they are amazing. In Calgary a young and eager team is waiting for me. Having just lost the Challenge Cup final in the second year of their rebuild is quite the accomplishment. The team and the fans have something to look forward too in the coming years and I hope I can be a big part of it.

4. Which player do you believe will be the difference maker in their franchise winning the title here in S47?
Calgary Dragons Otis B. Driftwood. Together with Shooter McGavin, Otis B. Driftwood was the top scoring player for the Calgary Dragons. As he showed in the regular season, he is a player of utmost value to this team. His offensive plays not only allows him to score, but it creates opportunities for his teammates as well. That’s why I think he will be the difference maker for the Calgary Dragons.

I think the Calgary Dragons reaching the Challenge Cup Finals is a major surprise. I did a tally of the playoff brackets and only 15 people put the Dragons as the Western Conference Champions. 8 of them were people on the Dragons payroll. Only 7 people with no bias put the Dragons in the finals. That also shows that people didn’t expect the Dragons to go this far, but they did. A major surprise for everyone following the league.

I think for West Kendall Platoon to reach the finals it was a mild surprise. It’s a strong team even when in regression. They showed that during the regular season by winning the Presidents Trophy. They were a force to be reckoned with. Their chemistry on the ice was insane this season and of course their goaltender Beaujeaux Biscuit was a driving force for their road to the Challenge Cup Finals.

Overall I think Beaujeaux Biscuit was a little hotter coming into the finals than Kata Vilde, also by looking at their stats in the playoffs. But if you take a look at their stats of the regular season they are pretty similar. Kata Vilde posted a 0.912 save percentage while Beaujeaux Biscuit had a 0.911 save percentage. In the goals against average department, Biscuit had 2.74 against and Vilde 2.79. So you can see it was quite close.

Message send

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-31-2019, 10:35 AM by hhh81.)

[b]3. Which player in the finals should be considered their team’s playoff MVP and which should be considered their teams unsung hero thus far and why?[/b]
I will continue to wax poetic later on that no matter what happens in this series, Beauxjeaux Biscuit’s already won the Anton Razov Trophy. Instead, I’ll talk about Calgary’s playoff MVP, which as of now is probably either Kata Vilde @BarnabasCollins or Nicky Pedersen Jr. (@mstuk41).  Vilde hasn’t been lights out spectacular every game in the playoffs, but he’s having a reasonably strong run to the Challenge Cup Finals that would be good enough most seasons to be in the discussion for best goalie of the playoffs. He let up 2 or fewer goals in 3 of the last 4 starts of the Texas series, and is 8-0 in the playoffs when Calgary scores three or more goals.

The key to the series, then, is whether Calgary can score goals in clutch moments. Much of that weight has fallen to the second line, led by third year pivot Nicky Pedersen Jr. He leads the Dragons with 11 postseason points and two game winning goals. One of those was an overtime series clincher versus archrival Edmonton.

As for an unsung hero, I’ll go with Casey Creller @Mook. He’s play 23 minutes a night, leads the team with a +8 rating, 8 points, and otherwise solid all-around defensive game (26 hits, 13 SB, +15 hit differential). He may be taking a few more penalties than the coaching staff would like, but he’s bringing the sort of gritty edge that you need late in the playoffs to shift momentum.

[b]4. Which player do you believe will be the difference maker in their franchise winning the title here in S47?[/b]
Beaujeaux Biscuit @.bojo is the key. If he continues to play the way he did against Buffalo and Chicago, West Kendall could sweep Calgary. In all honesty, Calgary is not nearly as intimidating offensively as Buffalo is/was, so overcoming Biscuit may be a big ask.

If Calgary has any hope in this series, Mike Izzy @Mike Izzy will have to exert his will more than he has thus far in the playoffs. He is Calgary’s best player, and needs to play like it. The top line for the Dragons has been decent, if unspectacular. Both the Izzy and the Pedersen lines will need to be clicking every game for Calgary to find a way to overcome the Beaujeaux Wall.

[b]6. Which young players in this series (S42-S47) have a chance to break out and make a name for themselves here in the Challenge Cup Finals? (*Tag that player)[/b]
Rainbow Dash (@Eggy216) has already caught the attention of many with his four goal game to open the playoffs, but the human behind those assists might be the bigger story. Rookie Maxime Bouchard @Weretarantula is a smooth skating playmaker who is helping Pedersen Jr and Dash score the big goals that have been the story of the Dragons’ run to the Finals. He will need to continue being productive to have any hope of beating Beauxjeaux Biscuit.

For West Kendall, the attention will be in net and on the deep, veteran bunch of forwards. On the blueline, Rex Kirkby @Acsolap and Nat Emerson @Thelastheraclid will also be asked to play significant roles. Emerson so far has been asked to lay the body and block shots, but the young Kirkby has been thrust into top pairing minutes for the shallow defensive group of West Kendall. So long as he keeps getting pucks the Platoon’s bevy of grizzled old scorers and doesn’t screen Biscuit, he’ll finish the playoffs with a plus rating.

[b]8. Star netminders Kata Vilde and Beaujeaux Biscuit have both carried there teams into the finals. Which franchise goalie has a better chance to carry their franchise to a title?[/b]
It’s Bojo. Beaujeaux Biscuit is coming off a three game stretch where he was inarguably the best player in the world. He stopped 90/92 shots in the final three games of the Buffalo series, and has all around been a force throughout the playoffs. He has an inhuman .950 save percentage. Further, he’s done it before… twice. He backstopped the S41 and S43 West Kendall teams to Challenge Cups, and will likely do it again (to many’s dismay).

The answer of “most disappointing” performance goes to the Manhattan Rage. After a strong season in S46, the young Rage backslid, especially defensively. They remained effective in special teams, finishing second in the league behind Buffalo with a combined 108.66% (compared to their first place position at 106.32% in S46). They also improved their SF/A% slightly, but they saw their goals for per game drop from 3rd to 6th and their goals against drop from 10th to 13th. This team struggles to stop their opponents from scoring goals—in S46, their offense was productive enough to disguise this flaw, but they were not so lucky this season. Despite being the better team on paper in their first round matchup, @JayWhy and his team were flummoxed by the upstart Chicago Syndicate (who then were sacrificed to the Platoon gods). Scottey Crawfling @Kmarko had a rough regular season and an even worse S47 playoffs. He will need to bounce back next season for Manhattan to succeed.

They will also need to see better defensive play and more consistent offense from their forwards. No player might embody this better than Alex Winters @39alaska39. He had the worst season of his young career, scoring only 11 goals and 27 points, alongside an embarrassing -23 rating. With the addition of Matthew Auston at midseason, Winters got lost in the shuffle and never clicked in his role.

Quote:Task 11: (Written, 3 TPE)

There’s no question here: Buffalo’s fourth best defender by TPE, Charles Walker @Zombiewolf , would be West Kendall’s second best defender by a wide margin. In fact, WKP’s best defender, the do-everything-because-no-one-else-can Ludwig Koch Schroder (@rabidsponge21), would sit as the third best on the Stampede if the roles were reversed.

As such, I think West Kendall would recruit Tatu Makela @WannabeFinn to join their ranks for the finals. Despite a down year production-wise, Makela brings a dimension of physicality that is absent on West Kendall’s roster, and would help them against the wily old Calgary Dragons. Makela would slot into the first unit at even strength and on the penalty kill, and probably the second unit on the powerplay. He would be heads and shoulders above any other option West Kendall has, but the coaching staff may choose to stick with what’s working for the man advantage, creating massive mismatches for the second unit. The addition of Makela would slot Rex Kirkby (@asshat) to the second pairing, where he’d be a better fit, with Karsten Kadinger, slotting Sven Brokstad down to the third pair with the gritty Nat Emerson. This would give them a massive advantage on defensive depth for their matchup with Calgary.

Quote:Task 12: (Written, 3 TPE)
Theres no path to the finals without a little bit of adversity. In 150 words or more, write about the adversity one of the teams faced on the road to the Challenge Cup Finals. (*tag anyone involed)

The West Kendall Platoon faced minimal adversity on their way to the Challenge Cup Finals until their Eastern Conference Finals matchup with the Buffalo Stampede. The Platoon quickly fell behind 2-0 then 3-1. Heading back to Florida for Game 5, the Platoon faced their own disappointing end head on. They struggled to find an answer for Cedric Robinson (@grok) and the offensive might of the Stampede in the first four games. It was at this point that Beaujeaux Biscuit (@.bojo) went from very good to simply unstoppable. In the final three games, Biscuit made 90 of 92 saves against Buffalo’s vaunted offense, vexing Stampede linesmaster @Tomen. The defending champions did not roll over and accept defeat, continuing to pressure Biscuit and the WKP defense while playing staunch defense. After outscoring WKP 9-6 through the first two games, WKP carried the scoring 7-2 in the final three games on their way to yet another Challenge Cup final.

In the end, @TheWoZy curse continues. Noro WoZy will never see the Challenge Cup Finals, adding yet another cursed name to the Buffalo Pantheon of Disrepute.

Task 13: Submitted to PT DIrector

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2019, 10:49 AM by esilverm.)

If you are in the SMJHL then you have been there for at least a few seasons and its likely that a promotion to the SHL is coming soon. The question is.. are you ready?.. what areas of your game do you believe are SHL ready and what areas are you concerned about? what things are you sad to leave behind and what things are you excited about when moving to your parent club. (Must be 150 words or more)

This last season was Nicolaj Muller’s second season in the SMJHL and he played like a top caliber player, racking up 41 points on the third line. We asked him if he was ready for a move up yet and he responded with, “I’m not sure I’m completely ready. The Stampede have a lot of great players and they don’t really need me yet. I am completely focused on helping my SMJHL team, the St Louis Scarecrows, win consistent cups. This season we weren’t satisfied with our game 7 semifinals exit and we need to work on several aspects of our game in order to get back into our groove of winning cups.” We also asked him what aspects of his game are SHL caliber and what he could do to play well in the big leagues. To that he responded with, “My positioning and scoring are pretty decent but once I move up, I’ll be focusing on getting to a good two-way build and supporting my team along the way. This off-season, I will be representing team Switzerland and team DACH in the WJC and IIHF World Championships. Each of these will be a good way to test my play style against top class players.

4. Which player do you believe will be the differance maker in their franchise winning the title here in S47?
5. After trading off there best players and declaring themselves in a full rebuild back in S45, The Calgary Dragons have made it to the S47 finals.. just 2 seasons later. Choose: ('No surprise', 'mild surprise', 'major surprise' or 'in shock') and explain why.
6. Which young players in this series (S42-S47) have a chance to break out and make a name for themselves here in the Challenge Cup Finals? (*Tag that player)

3. Dani Forsberg was one of the main reasons why the Platoon made it past the stacked Buffalo Stampede in the semifinals. He currently leads his team with 10 points and is on the ice at the right place at the right time. A good dark horse candidate would be Maxime Bouchard, a rookie who is making a name for himself in these finals.

4. I believe that Beaujeaux Biscuit will be the difference maker for his team. With his incredible save percentage and outstanding GAA it is expected that he will lead his team to victory in this series. One other neat fact about him is that in 11 games he has put up a grand total of 4 shutouts.

7. This is no surprise to me. The trades made at the deadline solidified the teams and got it to where it is now. For instance, Sophia Bennett has 7 points which is good for 3rd on the team in points. The Platoon have a history of success in the playoffs and this is just one of the reasons why.

8. On both teams, their netminders Kata Vilde and Beaujeaux Biscuit have played incredibly well and have carried their teams to the finals. Coming into the finals, Vilde has a save percentage of 0.924 and a GAA of 2.47, while Biscuit has a save percentage of 0.950 and a GAA of 1.45. Both of these are insane and show the incredible talent on the ice. However, I believe that Biscuit has the better chance of taking the game to the next level and winning the series for his team.

Quote: Task 07: (Written, 3 TPE)
You have been given the responsibility of organizing the National Anthem(s) for both teams in the Challenge Cup Finals. With the entire world watching the league feels its imperative that who ever you choose really encapusates the persona of the team and their fanbase. In 150 words or more, let us know who you chose for both teams, why you believe they represent that franchise and anything notable about their performance,, IE outfits, accompaniment, etc.

For the national anthem, I would like nothing more than a shit ton of fire. I don’t care if it would melt the ice, I just want it. It would be great to have the fire costumes from the Hunger Games movie as well. This would be for the national anthems in Calgary. Dragons breathe fire so it makes sense. In West Kendall, I think the accompaniment should be arranged for keyboard and the notes should sound like cannons and America sounds. You know, the sound of freedom. This would be tied together with the singers and musicians wearing platoon jerseys and having a full out duel on the ice. After that, we will get some cannons to go off in the distance, like Tchaikovsky’s 1812 Overture. And then Boom, fire all over the ice. Then there will be a 2-hour break so we can fix any damage that occurred during this processional.

Quote: Task 09: (Written, 3 TPE)

In my opinion, the Specters exited pretty early. In their historic first season, they shocked the league by making it to the finals in their first season. In just one series their top two players put up 12 and 10 points respectively. This just makes the disappointment even larger for this team which was shooting straight for the cup. What makes this exit even more sad is the fact that nearly each game came to be within one goal of determination. Also after going down 2 games the Specters came back with three consecutive wins but couldn’t manage to close off the Renegades. I believe that the main reasons that the Specters couldn’t win it would be that they had trouble closing out the games, and that can greatly affect a team. With several big call ups this upcoming season, it looks like that New Orleans Specters are gearing up for another cup run.

Task 13: Sent!

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2019, 10:54 PM by Julio Tokolosh.)

Task 1:
After a fun day of traveling and seeing the sites Utica, Julio boards his limousine for the two-hour ride to the nearest airport, Albany. It was a beautiful gray day, with oppressive humidity and was the perfect taste of home that Tokolosh had been craving. To get the full experience, Julio arrived by Train, the way his family had decades before. He went to get a haircut at his old barbershop and take pictures with fans and promote the Utica Comets hockey club. Julio’s Spanish had not improved, so his haircut was just as bad as it was growing up, but he said “Gracias” to the barber and then moved on to the next venue.

In the evening, the mayor held a thank you speech and presented the key to the city to a flattered Julio. Because the gray snow still hadn’t been plowed yet, attendance was minimal.

Julio then met up with some of his old school buddies to enjoy some wings and then go to a Utica Rollergirls match and enjoy the competition. The outing was a little watered down as a slew of children in monster-energy drink hats wanted to take pictures with Julio and make gang signs, but keeping the youth interested in simulated hockey is what keeps the league thriving. He won’t be returning until mid- July to train and rest.

Task 3:
Playing my junior seasons in Colorado, I have been blessed with a close locker room and all of the excitement that a rookie could ask for. There are franchises that pride themselves on churning out championships. And yes, I would like to win a Four-Star in my time down in the J, but what I’m most proud of is being an active part of the rebuild and culture change towards a winning team. I am glad that I have more than a passive role on a championship team.

In regards to moving to the SHL, the team that I will be joining has just announced the retirement of a healthy chunk of its core. Segueing one rebuild into the next is something that I am ready to commit to. While I am confident in my build, I believe it is a long way away from being to contribute at the level that I would like to. My defensive responsibility is something that I take pride in and in my opinion it needs heavy improvement.

My strengths and weakness need tweaking as well. I feel right now I am capable of great endurance when in reality, I might only need “good” endurance.

Task 5:
1 - The West Kendall Platoon are the most defensively sound franchise in the league. The boast impressive defensive statistics, and have for the last few seasons. This defensive prowess all begins with their goaltender, Beaujeaux Biscuit @.bojo. Whatever deal with the devil he made, it has given him a .950 save percentage through 11 games of the postseason. At under 1.5 goals allowed on average and 4 shutouts (including in an elimination game), Biscuit is a clear playoff MVP.

2 - The statistical edge goes to the West Kendall Platoon in terms of management, but my heuristics say that the Calgary Dragons are very close. As a younger player with less long term observations, One of the easiest players to find in SHL lore is the previous build of @Steelhead77. With a handful of scoring titles of his own, and with the current TPE leader @Mike Izzy on the roster, the Calgary front office definitely has an eye for talent. 

5 - I would label this as a mild surprise for me. They recently entered rebuild mode, but did so responsibly and treated it less like a rebuild, and more like a "catch our breath" phase. Their stellar GM's sparked the rebuild with Steehlhead's recreate of a historic great forward, but were still able to keep other productive parts of their core. As their new core is still on the rise (save for a few in their peak), I expect the expert contract and trade negotiations from the GM's to carry this team and keep them relevant for a while as the new core is established.

6 - West Kendall's Rex Kirby @Acsolap has thrived as a top defender. At the trade deadline, the Platoon were in an interesting spot in regards to the future of the defensive core. They opted to trade future stud Tony Ford for proven point getter Sophia Bennett. While this trade has paid off immediately, a hardworking and heavily contributing young defensive piece was lost, and as contracts get rehashed in the coming seasons, their is going to be significant pressure on Kirby to maintain his superior play. 

7 - I would color this turnaround as “major surprise”. While they’ve had a solid core for seasons, there is a lot of parity within their division. Their top contributors like Forsberg, Koch Schroder, and the newly acquired rental piece Jesus have been firing on all cylinders, but that isn’t enough to guarantee a cup run. Their moves at the deadline to acquire Bennett, Berezin, and Woodcroft were very risky and mortgaged their future. However, if they are able to pull it off, they will attract talent for seasons to come won't think twice about trading an up-and-comer for what will then be seen as a guaranteed trophy.

8 - Beaujeaux Biscuit has a better chance between the two goalies. With a .950 postseason and 4 shutouts thus far, Biscuit has played incredibly consistently and has shown no signs of slowing down, nor has the defense in front of him. Kata Vilde has played impressively as well, but Beaujeax’s current streak is the best that my young eyes have ever witnessed in the SHL postseason.

Task 7:
The National Anthems play a role in establishing the atmosphere and setting the tone for the game to come. With a split nationality event, “O, Canada” and “The Star-Spangled Banner” will be played at every game. Each franchise has gone out of their way to make their first hometown anthem an extravaganza of local and national pride.

West Kendall, a suburb of Miami Florida, weighed the likeness’s of Kid Rock (too Detroit) and Pitbull (too worldwide) before settling on Uncle Luke. His local stylings and Miami pride were symbols of sass and success during Miami’s prior athletic runs and his kick drums and whistles laid over the United States of America’s national anthem are just what the Platoon need to get the crowd and country going.

Calgary’s franchise and marketing team had selected local artist Jann Arden until they found out about West Kendall’s selection of Uncle Luke. After the news of the upbeat throwback selection, Calgary took the cowards way out and has hired RUSH.

Task 9:
The Edmonton Blizzard were in a sweet spot to win a second Challenge cup within 3 seasons but ultimately finished a with a more disappointing outcome than they needed to. Their roster was a bit lopsided, but the talent was there, and they understood that a healthy chunk of their core intended to retire at the end of the season. A mercenary winger was brought in to round out the second line, and the defensive core and top 6 played phenomenally, carrying them to the conference championship. Unfortunately, the run ended there, and they were unable to get a jump start on the offseason by selling off parts of the dying star. They were just a few bounces and a tad bit of puck luck away from the finals. No one in the locker room regrets going for it instead of selling the shop, but like the Columbus Bluejackets, their impending rebuild will be dampened. As a member of the locker room, I am proud that the gang went for it all. every team loses but one, and intentionally taking calculated losses is not how you keep a locker room close and tight-knit.

Player Page || Player Updates || Visual History
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2019, 04:31 PM by Leppish.)

Code:

- After being named "Hometown Hero" for some reason, the confused Geoff Moore spent the day in and around Trenton, New Jersey, where he was born and began his hockey career for the now Defunct Trenton Titans. Moore started off the day with a visit to a local school, talking about his experiences growing up and getting into hockey and playing some street hockey with a bunch of kids. A few hours he met with Mayor Walter Reed Gusciora for a promotional event of a new outdoor park, Moore giving a short speech motivating people to get into sports and follow their dreams. Afterwards Moore visited a local Deli to get some delicious Pork roll sandwiches and fries, free of charge of course. Moore finished off the day enjoying dinner, some beverages and a small media event with some players of New Jersey area sports teams and management personnel, including some New Jersey Devils players, GM Ray Shero and members of the NY Red Bulls.

Code:

- I think the Platoon - Dragons matchup will be an excellent series, with some of the best available hockey talent on display. I predict the games will be very viewer friendly, with plenty of goals also plenty of stunning saves, several bone-crushing big hits and plenty of exciting moments. I think West Kendall will take it in either 6 or 7 games in the end.

- This is a very tough question, as in my opinion both manager groups are some of the best there is right now and some of the best in the SHL history. Management wise, both groups are extremely smart and well-liked people who have put up stacked teams. I think it's impossible to say who has the advantage now, we will have to see how the management responds to possible losses/wins in the finals.

- Beaujeaux Biscuit being MVP for the West Kendall Platoon is a no-brainer, after 11 games played by the Platoon, he's leading the playoffs with a .950 save percentage and 1.45 goals against average and a very impressive 4 shutouts. Latest shutout being a clutch performance in an elimination game 7 against the Stampede.

- Defenseman Ethan Ross of the West Kendall Platoon, he already had a great regular season and is now looking to continue that into the playoffs. Many people are focusing on the starpower between these two teams but i could see a guy like Ethan jumping in being one of the differencemakers in this series as the Calgary team and Defense will be focusing way more on the top players of the Platoon. @JR95

- No Surprise. The team has been under excellent management and they have a really solid core with players like Forsberg, Ludwig Koch Schroder, more recent add Crossfit Jesus and the regressing Alex Light & Trevor Wilson. With the ridiculous moves they pulled to acquire Sophia Bennett, Artemi Berezin and Joshua Woodcroft, there was no doubt in my mind that the current Platoon team would be the absolute favourite to win the cup.

- Beaujeaux biscuit in my opinion, Biscuit is in his prime and he has just been insane these playoffs and is putting on one of the best goalie performances i've seen in my time in the SHL. He's a Playoff MVP candidate and i don't think anyone or any team is getting in his way at this point. The spotlight is on him.

Code:

- I think Buffalo Stampede are an easy answer for this one, not only are they a great team with plenty of their star power in their prime, including stars like Marius, Mäkelä & McZehrl. They also won the cup last season and could easily have repeated this season, hell they got very close, until they totally choked a 3-1 series lead and lost in 7 games to the West Kendall Platoon. I'm not an expert on analytics, or strategies even. Hell, not sure i'f im even close to an expert in anything so this is all guess work, but in my mind Buffalo did not respond to West Kendall slowly creeping back in the series well enough. With all the firepower they had they still couldn't get pucks past Biscuit. Maybe they needed to mix up their lines, or maybe they just lacked luck. Not to take anything away from Biscuit of course, goalie performance was incredible.

Code:

PM Sent

[Image: lebbish.gif]
(This post was last modified: 05-29-2019, 07:07 PM by awils13.)

If you are in the SMJHL then you have been there for at least a few seasons and its likely that a promotion to the SHL is coming soon. The question is.. are you ready?..  what areas of your game do you believe are SHL ready and what areas are you concerned about?  what things are you sad to leave behind and what things are you excited about when moving to your parent club. (Must be 150 words or more)

I don't think I'm ready yet so I will spend one more season in the SMJHL, or maybe even two, depending on when Hamilton will have room for me in their lineup.

I understand that I probably won’t score a lot until I get to 1000 tpe but I don’t want to be a liability on the ice, that’s why first and foremost I will be working on my defensive game.

I will be very sad to leave Vancouver. My rookie season was the rebuild season, and Luke drafted/signed a lot of good rookies, and it’s been a lot of fun going from a team with a bright future to an actual contender. Sadly we didn’t make the finals this season but we will be very good again next season, and hopefully I can get that cup before I go up.

Hamilton seems like a great locker room, and a nice bonus is that I was drafted there along with 2 other Whalers. Our GM recently announced retooling/rebuilding so hopefully we can grow together and really make a difference in the SHL in a few seasons.

New Orleans Specters, easily.

I don’t have historical data but Specters might have been one of the best possession teams ever. 
13 of 15 top corsi players in the league were Specters. Six players had corsi above 59%, truly incredible and it’s very disappointing they didn’t make it.

I bet on them in my playoff bracket and I would do it again because I believe they were the best team in the league. But the best teams don’t always win, which is what makes it fun.

Texas vs New Orleans was a hard-fought 7 game series, and 5 of 7 games were decided by 1 goal.
Specters outshot their opponent in 6 out of 7 games, and corsi in this series was 54.23 vs 45.77.
So why did they lose?

1. Great play of Walter Hobbs
Hobbs faced a lot of shots and in their wins he stopped 130 shots out of 140 (.929 sv%).

2. Special teams.
While their PP was fine, they allowed 5 PP goals on 18 opportunities (72% PK).

3. Just a bit of luck.
This was a close series, and in the end Texas won by one goal.

Quote:Star netminders Kata Vilde and Beaujeaux Biscuit have both carried there teams into the finals. Which franchise goalie has a better chance to carry their franchise to a title?

If you look at the regular season stats, it seems that Vilde is a better goalie behind a slightly worse team. Vilde has been incredibly consistent in the regular season with the lowest really bad start % in the league among starters.

However, Biscuit is absolutely on fire and he’s probably the main reason they came back after being down 1-3 vs Buffalo. This reminds me of Jonathan Quick during Kings’ cup run a few years ago, and I think WKP has the advantage in goal in this series.

Quote:The West Kendall Platoon are back in the finals after a season out of the playoffs and a team that was in serious regression Choose: ('No surprise', 'mild surprise', 'major surprise' or 'in shock') and explain why.

No surprise. WKP had the highest corsi in the league last season but they missed the playoffs because their goalie had a down year.

In my article a few weeks ago I said, “Obviously free agency and regression can change things but right now it seems that if Biscuit can bounce back from his disappointing season, Platoon will be one of the top teams next season.”

Well, Beaujeaux has bounced back, it seems that regression didn’t hurt them much and WKP added some great players at the deadline, so no surprise at all.

Quote:Breakdown this finals matchup for us, how will it play out? who will be the stars of this series, what will the outcome be? (*tag anyone involved)

Even though it didn’t convert to success with Specters, I believe that good possession teams are going to win. That’s why I’m betting on WKP.

@Insayne will lead the team offensively, @.bojo will continue his strong play, defensive defenseman @JR95 and @Thelastheraclid will shut down Dragons' offense.

I don’t think it will be a very close series but it will still take a few extra games. WKP in 6.

Quote:Which player in the finals should considered their teams playoff MVP and which should be considered their teams unsung hero thus far and why?

Well, Beaujeaux Biscuit is an obvious choice here for the team MVP. I’ve written a lot about it in this post but TLDR: Biscuit is on an incredible run right now, the kind of run that gets you the cup.

For the unsung hero I’m choosing Dani Forsberg. It’s kind of weird to choose a player who’s leading his team in scoring but I think he might have been overshadowed a bit by Beaujeaux. Forsberg has scored 10 points in 11 teams, and plays whopping 23 minutes a game. He plays both on PP and PK, so he’s been very valuable for his team.

Quote:After trading off there best players and declaring themselves in a full rebuild back in S45, The Calgary Dragons have made it to the S47 finals.. just 2 seasons later.  Choose: ('No surprise', 'mild surprise', 'major surprise' or 'in shock') and explain why.

Mild surprise.

I wasn’t around 2 seasons ago but again, if you look at the corsi, Calgary Dragons have been above average both last and this season.

I am a bit surprised they made it to the finals, I think they were kind of lucky that Renegades knocked out NOLA. But Calgary is definitely not a bad team, so them making the finals is a mild surprise for me.

Quote:Task 12: (Written, 3 TPE)

Well, this one is pretty easy. WKP was down 1-3 against the defending champs Buffalo Stampede (insert a random “X blew a 3-1 lead joke” here).

It was a matchup of two high-powered offenses as WKP led the league with 4.18 goals for per game in the regular season while Buffalo averaged 3.34 goals.

But interestingly enough, only 24 goals were scored in 7 games in this series, that’s under 4 goals per game. Clearly goalies were OP in this series, and 3 games were shutouts.

After losing game 4 and trailing 1-3, Beaujeaux Biscuit @.bojo allowed only 2 goals on 92 shots in the next 3 games, that’s .978 sv% for you, and game 7 was an impressive 33 save shutout.

In game 7 Buffalo had 5 PP opportunities, 15 shots on goal in the third period, but failed to score.

Stampede’s goalie Cedric Robinson @grok played very well too. He stopped 75 of 82 shots in games 5-7. That’s very good, and Buffalo probably should’ve made the finals.

But they got absolutely HALAKED.

Done

Player info | Updates | Stats
SteelhawksCanadaWhalers

[Image: aawil.gif]
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2019, 09:52 PM by BDonini.)

Task 3:
Code:

With the start of my SHL career quickly approaching, one of the things I really need to improve on is my strength. I'm a smaller player which works fine in the SMJHL where everyone is younger and less developed but when the SHL comes around I'll be playing against much bigger bodies and although my skating and puck handling are already SHL ready, I'll need to be much stronger to avoid getting knocked off the puck easily by bigger, more developed athletes. I'll be sad about leaving my teammates in Anaheim when the time comes, these guys have become my brothers over the last couple seasons and I made the memories of a lifetime winning a cup with them this season, leaving them for the SHL will be tough and I hope I'll get to see some of them again throughout my career. I'm excited for when the time comes though, I've been working hard for this and I'm ready to show that I can make my mark in the big league.

Task 4:
Code:
TASK 04: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
Calgary and WKP are giving the first 7,500 fans in the building a Challenge Cup poster of one of there young up and coming stars in their organization! Create that poster! ...must include that players render, player name, team name, team logo and exciting wording to highlight that player. (*tag that player)

[Image: 20jol52.png]
@Weretarantula

Task 5:
Code:

I think that the difference maker in the finals will be the player who has been the difference maker for the Platoon the whole way through the playoffs so far, Beaujeaux Biscuit. Biscuit has put up stellar numbers in the playoffs so far and was one of the big reasons came back from being down 1-3 against Buffalo. Biscuit made 90 saves on 92 shots in the last 3 games of the series, winning all 3 elimination games with stellar goaltending. If he does the same in the finals, the Platoon should have no troubles winning the Challenge Cup.

Code:

No surprise, the Platoon still had a roster full of very good players including Stevens winner Ludwig Koch Schroder and star Dani Forsberg. They also made major moves throughout the season with the highlight being adding superstar Sophia Bennett. On top of that, their veteran goalie Beaujeaux Biscuit had an off year in S46 but with his performances back to an elite level in S47, nobody should be shocked at how well the Platoon did this season.

Task 8:
Code:
TASK 08: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
The WWF (World Wildlife Foundation) and the SHL are working together as the cover of thier June magazine will boast an SHL player in the finals along side an animal.. and your job is to create the cover!  On a Magazine cover, should include the WWF logo, a title of front page, an SHL players render, his name and team logo, plus an animal of your choice next to him.

[Image: S47CW-8.png?width=234&height=300]
@goilers

Task 11:
Code:
Task 11: (Written, 3 TPE)

The Calgary Dragons eliminated the Edmonton Blizzard and Texas Renegades on the path to their unexpected SHL finals appearance, like we saw in the finals, they do have some important weaknesses and they could have had a much better time in the finals with a player from each team they knocked out. The players that I'd add are Hercules Rockefeller (@Leafs4ever) from Edmonton and Liam O'Callaghan (@Dangles13)  from Texas. The Dragons have a star 1st line centre in Mike Izzy but have no depth beyond that, Rockefeller adds a very good 2nd line centreman to add some depth to their forward group and make them match up better with the Platoon. They also have star defensemen Otis B. Driftwood but once again don't have anyone who stands out on the back end apart from him. O'Callaghan adds something they lack, a top defenseman with a very good shot. Adding this type of player to the blue line will give them a very dangerous shooting threat from up top for the Platoon to worry about when they Dragons are attacking.

Task 13:
Code:

PM sent

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

(This post was last modified: 05-29-2019, 01:39 PM by jcfbey01.)

Task 1:

Kristaps Ball returned to his home town in Latvia to be honored as a home town hero for making it to the SHL and being a great player. The whole town came to the event, which was held on the main street. There was a parade with balls, cause his last name is Ball, and Kristaps got to sit on a kings throne on a parade float. Afterwards, the mayor of the town gave Kristaps the keys to the city when the parade reached the end of it's journey, which was the ice rink Kristaps grew up playing on. Kristaps also received a lot of cash, and some personal gifts from his friends from his home town. It is also believed that Minnesota Co-GM was there and gave Kristaps some big money to go to Minnesota, but that can't be confirmed. Kristaps that night got hella drunk, as he partied with the whole town. At the end of the day, Kristaps can't remember a thing he did cause he was so drunk, but he remembers he feels really honored, and that he lost the keys to the city. Oops.

Code:
Pick up to [u]6[/u] challenge cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth '1' TPE. Each answer must be '50' words or more.

3. Which player in the finals should considered their teams playoff MVP and which should be considered their teams unsung hero thus far and why?

1. I think this finals is going to be really competitive and a good finals. While I believe West Kendall will come out ahead, I think it goes to 7. However, someone that can help prove me wrong and make Calgary win is superstar Mike Izzy (@Mike Izzy ) and he can definitely lead Calgary to the win. But, I still think that West Kendall will win it all in the end.

2. Both teams have great managers, and I would love to be on eithers team, but I believe that WKP has a slight advantage with JR and Wongy as GMs. I say this because WKP has been to the finals a lot recently and has won it too, so these guys have experience in winning the cup and winning a lot in the playoffs.

4. Both teams have a lot of offensive talent, but I believe the difference maker will be Beaujeaux Biscuit (@.bojo ) for West Kendall. In 11 games so far, he has an absolutely insane .950 save percentage and 4 shutouts of his 8 wins, with a GAA of 1.45. If he can continue this stellar performance, West Kendall should be able to win this series.

5. This is a mild surprise for me. This is because they just entered rebuild mode, but they still have lots of great players and didn't trade away everyone. And they also have great GMs who are more than capable of pulling off moves to make a rebuilding team a contender. This team is going to be really good for a really long time, and this finals appearance is only one of many more to come to this storied franchise.

7. Again, this is a mild surprise for me. This is because they kept everyone they needed to and were able to find ways to fix the issues they had last season in their lineup. I know that their GMs are also great, and it's no surprise to me that they were able to fix their issues this quickly and put together championship caliber lines from a team that just missed the playoffs, which is why it's a mild surprise.

8. These teams both have great goalies, but I think Biscuit gets the job done here for West Kendall. He has tons of experience in the playoffs and in bringing cups to West Kendall, while Vilde is younger. However, this won't be Vilde's only shot at winning the cup, as they are a great young goalie. However, I think Biscuits experience brings them the cup.

Code:

West Kendall has the easiest job for getting someone to do their anthems. Located near Miami, the choice for them is easy: Mr. 305, Mr. Worldwide, Pitbull. He brings the Miami flare, he brings the sexy, and he brings the sunglasses. His performance starts off with him saying the first couple of worlds before saying "Mr. Worldwide from the 305" before going through the anthem in a rap style, doing some sexual movements throughout it. The nation's founding fathers are rolling in anger in their graves, but the fans love it. In Calgary, the choice for them is a lot harder. This is because who the hell is famous from Calgary? So they keep it simple. They have their whole team sing it. They do it in their jerseys and it is God awful, but the fans love it and sing along with them. The Platoon across the red line show clear hatred towards this and cover their ears as they terribly sing the national anthem.

[Image: 55708_s.gif]

First Ever SHL Goal:
Code:
5. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Piotr Czerkawski 1, Cameron Dubois 2) at 16:27

First Ever Hat Trick:
Code:
S45 Game 46 NEW vs TOR
6. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Artemi Berezin 3, Tigole Bitties 5) at 5:21
9. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 2 (Artemi Berezin 4) at 18:58
10. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 3 (Tigole Bitties 7, Manuel Gotze 2) at 19:38 (Empty Net)

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2019, 08:59 AM by NJBadApple.)

=================================================================

Task 05:

Since I'm doing this after it's already over, I'll go over the actual stars of each team. For the Dragons it's pretty clear that Driftwood and Vilde had to be on their game during the finals. For the Platoon, their top line and their starting goaltender truly delivered an awesome performance.

For the Dragons I'll go with rookie Maxime Bouchard. It's difficult for a rookie to make any sort of impact, let alone 11 points on the highest stage possible. The Platoon, there's no other choice than Biscuit in net. Just an incredible performance all around, posting an insane 12-2-1 record.

5. After trading off there best players and declaring themselves in a full rebuild back in S45, The Calgary Dragons have made it to the S47 finals.. just 2 seasons later. Choose: ('No surprise', 'mild surprise', 'major surprise' or 'in shock') and explain why.

Major Surprise. I was almost tempted to roll with "In Shock" but the Calgary management team has tons of experience and there was always a slight feeling they may get to the finals sooner than they should be. Between the likes of young stars Dash & Bouchard, it's really not a huge surprise.

Rex Kirkby (@Acsolap) hd the perfect opportunity to emerge as the new #1 Defender for the Platoon. He delivered, posting 8 points on the top unit. Nicky Pederson JR (@mstuk41) is the natural future of the Dragons, but he posted 14 points in 15 games and continues to explode into a future star.

Major Surprise. To go on the other end of the spectrum from the Dragons, experience truly prevailed in this one-sided finals matchup. All of their star players are either just entering or deeply into regression and they still produced at an elite level. Not to mention the awe-inspiring performance of Biscuit.

8. Star netminders Kata Vilde and Beaujeaux Biscuit have both carried their teams into the finals. Which franchise goalie has a better chance to carry their franchise to a title?

Well even now that it's over, I think it was pretty clear that Biscuit had the better supporting cast going into the finals. Both goaltenders have a tremendous track record & possess franchise capability, but Biscuit just had the better team in front of him. Going forward, Vilde may very well overtake him as top goaltender in the league.

===============================================================================

Task 09:

When it comes to ultimate post-season disappointments this season, there's really only two contenders. Firstly, you'd have to throw the Specters into the conversation. After making the finals & nearly making history last season, they came into this one with virtually the same talent-loaded lineup. Smyth, Joe K, Fletcher, Augustus, etc... the list goes on & on, and they didn't even make the finals this time. They took the Renegades to 7 games but fell short.

And the other team that has disappointed, in my opinion, would have to be the Edmonton Blizzard. Once again, this is a team that has one of the best & well rounded lineups in the league. They hold arguably the top goaltender in the league to compliment the likes of Tor Tuck, Cuddles, McIntyre, Rockefeller, and many others down the lineup. Although they took the Dragons to 6 games, they failed to even reach the conference finals.

Task 13:

SENT

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER
(This post was last modified: 05-29-2019, 06:23 PM by slothfacekilla.)

1. NSFL PT - 3 TPE

2.  3 TPE
Code:
You are at the airport awaiting a flight to meet back up with your team after spending the day being honoured as a 'Hometown Hero' in the place where you grew up! Tell us about your day... what did they have planned for you? Who did you see there? What were you given? How did it turn out? ... In 150 words or more, tell us all about this big moment as hometown hero.

I was pretty surprised when I learned that my "hometown" of La Jolla, California wanted to honor me with my own day.  Not only did I not feel a deep connection to the area, but I wasn't entirely sure what they were honoring exactly.  I've largely been a bust in my SMJHL career and I didn't think they gave out participation trophies for getting drafted in the first round.  Either way, I flew out to meet up with my parents at the airport.  I didn't have a ton of childhood friends growing up, so I was a bit surprised when people from my hold high school were there to greet me as well.  It was a bit awkward with everyone acting like we were always great friends, but I think I managed to be nice enough to everyone.  The first stop was an over the top ceremony on the cliffs looking over the ocean where I was given a key to the city.  I was told it isn't an actual key to the city, so I'm not sure what the point of it is.  After that I stopped at various local restaurants where I met with the locals and shook a lot of hands and took a lot of pictures.  To be honest, the whole day was quite exhausting and a whirlwind, so I'm very happy to be back with my teammates. (232 words)

3. 3 TPE
Code:

I think that I am ready to go up to the New Orleans Specters after this season.  I do wish I had won a cup with Vancouver (or with Halifax), so I definitely feel like I have unfinished business, but I also am very excited to start the next chapter in my career.  Despite my abysmal plus minus rating in Halifax, I do think that I can play responsibly in the SHL and focus on my defense.  I know I'm probably not going to score a lot right away, but I do want to help the Specters out in any way I can.  I know I have to get in the gym and improve not only my raw strength but also my conditioning and endurance.  I'm also hoping to get in some power skating lessons in the off season so that I can fine tune my stride and be more powerful on the ice for New Orleans.  I'm definitely sad about leaving all of my teammates behind, both in Halifax and Vancouver.  I'm also concerned that Olivier Cloutier my be staying in juniors for another season, but I don't want to worry about that right now.  I am excited to see a lot of familiar faces in the SHL as well as meet some new people. (216 words)

4. 3 TPE
Code:

For the Calgary Dragons, I really wanted to go with... something that really embodied this great franchise and organization.  So naturally after a lot of debate (with myself) I settled on the only logical anthem singer: a literal chicken parm sandwich.  You aren't surprised are you?  Of course not, chicken parms and Calgary are one of THE iconic duos in the SHL.  So naturally I would make sure the chicken parm was reallllllly loaded up with cheese and a lot of sauce so that it is really just looking like a treat.  The legendary general manager @Steelhead77 would have the honor of rolling the table holding the chicken parm out to the microphone while the fans chanted "CHICK. EN. PARM!" over and over.  It would be kind of awkward because the instrumental of "O Canada" would just play while everyone stared at the chicken parm.... it is a goddamn sandwich did you really think it would sing?  After the music is done, Esa would take a huge bite and crowd would roar.  INSPIRATIONAL!

West Kendall I had more problems with deciding on the singer.  I googled West Kendall, which is apparently in Florida, and the wikipedia page for the town doesn't even have a section for famous people from West Kendall?  Seems odd.  So I did what anybody would do, I went out and recruited a random Florida Man to sing the anthem.  I would say he represents the WKP because they are from the same state?  Pretty deep.  Florida Man would be dressed in ripped up and dirty sweatpants, and a beater tank top that would have various food stains on it.  Florida Man would be doing bath salts as he walks to the microphone, and instead of singing the Star Spangled Banner, he would just screech into the microphone until someone physically removed him from the ice.  Everyone in the arena was confused and I've been fired from my job. (322 words)

5. 3 TPE
Code:

In my entirely unbiased opinion I would say New Orleans losing in game 7 to Texas (and ultimately not making the finals) would be the biggest disappointment.  I remember reading one of the great media pieces on this site and the Specters finished the regular season as the best corsi team in the SHL.  With the talent they have on the roster, and the smart people in both the front office and coaching staff, I assumed they were a shoo in to at least make the finals (RIP my bracket).  But unfortunately it wasn't meant to be and New Orleans couldn't escape round 2.  Why did they fall short?  Honestly it was probably my fault.  I was super pumped to potentially join the Specters late in their playoff run and hopefully win a championship with them after Vancouver either won it all or was eliminated.  But, as with all things in life, when I want something to happen something comes along and smacks it down so that I can't be happy.  Thanks Simon, you're a real jerk.  But really, it honestly just comes down to Simon, all joking aside.  No matter how good your team is, and how many test sims you run, Simon is still gonna surprise you like when you caught the early flight home from San Diego and a couple of nude people jumped out of your bathroom blindfolded like a goddamn magic show. (237 Words)

6. 1 TPE
Code:

NO SURPRISE.  You may be surprised at my lack of surprise, but don't be.  Why do you ask?  Because the Platoon have @JR95 at the helm.  Not only is he extremely handsome, but  he's jacked. Not only that but he wears the freshest clothes, eats at the chillest restaurants and hangs out with the hottest dudes.  But honestly I know this guy can grow a roster because I've seen him growing actual freaking plants.  My dude was out here this season, watering his roster with some shrewd in season trades, and the Platoon are showing the fruits of JR's labors.  I assume @Wongy is also an amazing co-gm who really helped JR out, but he has shown me no evidence that he can set up an actual garden in real life.  (131 Words)

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

Task 1 thru 14: simmer claim

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]