Create Account

S47 Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2019, 08:37 PM by ArGarBarGar.)

Task 01: (Written, 3 TPE)
I went back to my hometown in Baltimore, Maryland, and was able to get a pretty great welcoming party from the legend Alonzo Garbanzo. Being retired he has spent a lot of his time in Balmer, and has been focusing on my career (or at least so he says) and is curious to see how well I do. We went around the town, had lunch together, and talked about hockey and our careers. Naturally I was overjoyed to talk hockey with him and told him how much I watched of him while he played, even though I was super little when he was in his prime. From there we had a little meet and greet with some of the SHL fans of Balmer and signed autographs. Obviously he got way more attention than I did, but I was okay with that and was happy to see what hard work will do in the end.

Task 03: (Written, 3 TPE)
I will be getting promoted to the SHL in S48, and I think that with 700+ TPE I will be pretty ready to get things done. The Panthers are in a rebuilding phase right now, which means I am going to get a lot of ice time and will hopefully be able to get some good stats in, possibly winning the Rookie of the Year trophy. However I will be facing off against the toughest competition I have faced in my entire career, so I must keep my expectations in check and will need to be ready to face adversity. And even if I crash and burn in my first year, I will have plenty of time to get things straightened out, and will not at all regret moving up from the SMJHL. If anything I probably could have went up last season if I wanted, but I did want to try for a Four Star Cup one more time.

Task 05: (Written, up to 6 TPE)
Pick up to 6 challenge cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth '1' TPE. Each answer must be '50' words or more.

1. This matchup is an interesting one, because the West Kendall Platoon were the best team in the SHL by far, but the Dragons had probably the toughest teams to face during their run. I would say the Platoon will win the series and it will be off the back of playoff veteran Dani Forsberg.
2. I think that JR95/Wongy has the tactical managerial advantage in this series for one simple reason: The Platoon have been the most dominant team in the last five seasons (regular and playoffs) and have won multiple championships to show for it. While Steelhead77 and Cookies have done very well in their own rights, they have not been as good lately.
3. I think the biggest unsung hero in the finals for the West Kendall Platoon has to be Nat Emerson. While he was a -1 in the playoffs, he was able to register 28 hits in the 15 games he played, which is pretty impressive. He was out there, blocking shots and taking names physically, opening up the ice for his teammates and why they swept the finals.
4. The big difference maker in the series was Sophia Bennett. In the deciding game Bennett had her best game of the playoffs, scoring a goal, registering an assist, and getting 3 shots on net. She scored the go-ahead goal in the third period to put the Platoon up 2-1, and then when it was overtime she was able to feed a great pass to Gabriel Wong who got it to Crossfit Jesus for the cup win.
5. Mild surprise. We can’t be terribly shocked to see rebuilding teams go far in the playoffs. We have seen it for as long as I have been around, and even long than that. The Chiefs of S18 were able to make it to the finals off the backs of one or two players (before the team collapsed), so while the Dragons making it is somewhat surprising we can’t act like this hasn’t happened countless times before.
7. No surprise here. The West Kendall Platoon’s failure in the S46 season was an aberration, nothing more than that. They have the best GM tandem in the league and with the goaltender Biscuit they really had no reason to be denied a playoff spot this season, even if we didn’t expect them to do AS well as they did in this one.

Task 14: (Podtask, 3 or 4 TPE)
1 Man Mini-Pod: 4 TPE for 7 Minutes

https://soundcloud.com/argarbargar/argar...p-mini-pod

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

(This post was last modified: 05-29-2019, 04:57 PM by Rabidsponge21.)

PBE CW

Task 12: (Written, 3 TPE)
Theres no path to the finals without a little bit of adversity. In 150 words or more, write about the adversity one of the teams faced on the road to the Challenge Cup Finals. (*tag anyone involed)
What could be a more comparable stat for this Point task then being down 3-1 in the semi finals? I'm not sure a lot more could be directly compared. That's exactly where West Kendall founds themselves not to long ago against the stampede. Having lost games 1,2 & 4 against Buffalo by a combined score of 9-5 the platoon were still in this, but hanging on just barely. What happened next, is something you dread as a franchise on one side and dance around excitedly as the other. West Kendall proceeded to fight tooth and nail and bring themselves back from the edge of defeat. Winning the next 3 games in a row, they punched their ticket to the finals and on the back of their goalie. 2-1, 2-1, and a statement game to finish it off, 3-0 got the platoon another shot at the cup as their main core ages with a chance for many to bring their 3rd cups home.

Pick up to 6 challenge cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth '1' TPE. Each answer must be '50' words or more.
4. Which player do you believe will be the differance maker in their franchise winning the title here in S47?
I don't think you can get an easier question than this one to answer heading into the finals for the Platoon. It would have to be the goalie Beaujeaux Biscuit. Baring a monumental collaspe, his .950 save percentage is enough to put him into the halls of legend and win this cup alone if Calgary can't solve him early in the series.
5. After trading off there best players and declaring themselves in a full rebuild back in S45, The Calgary Dragons have made it to the S47 finals.. just 2 seasons later. Choose: ('No surprise', 'mild surprise', 'major surprise' or 'in shock') and explain why.
Mild Surprise

Here you have a team that was essentially the definition of league slightly above average. They weren't a bubble team by their team stats, but weren't anything to necessarily fear out of the gate. The Playoffs is a different beast, and maybe it's the team channeling some ghosts of the past to lead them where they are, but I dont think anyone called the Dragons in the finals
7. The West Kendall Platoon are back in the finals after a season out of the playoffs and a team that was in serious regression Choose: ('No surprise', 'mild surprise', 'major surprise' or 'in shock') and explain why.
Mild surprise

Sure they were the 1st place team in the league heading into the playoffs out of the eastern conference, but with the way things looked to be going against the defending challenge cup champions, many I think checked out of the idea the Platoon could actually make it, but well folks here they are, ready to go.
8. Star netminders Kata Vilde and Beaujeaux Biscuit have both carried there teams into the finals. Which franchise goalie has a better chance to carry their franchise to a title?
Beaujeaux Biscuit bar none. Just look at their comparative stats and the teams in front of them and you know the Platoon veteran has more than just an edge. The series is his to lose at this point and baring a massive collapse by the offense and defense, the platoon should tidy this one up in short order....hopefully.

TASK 13: (*CASUAL MEMBER SPECIAL* Send answer in PM, up to 3 TPE)
SENT

Task 09: (Written, 3 TPE)
Which organization that didnt make it to the finals would you consider to be the biggest disappointment? What do you think are the main reasons why they fell short this season? (Must be 150 words or more)
The Edmonton Blizzard.

Infighting seems to be a regular occurrence with this franchise from what I always seem to hear from the grape vine and I would expect with some media that this was no different this season. Whether it's the leadership group unable to reel in the members with fire in the bellies or problems with the general manager and they way he manage's things, there is something sour in the Edmonton Water. The team has all the talent in the world, but continually seems to implode on itself like the Washington Capitals of old, and current actually. This is a team and roster that SHOULD be making it to the finals and WINNING them more often than not. After a cup win, they have gone 0-2 so far, and seem to be heading back to where they once were. Time will tell if they can pull out of this, with the window for this league being so large, but something needs to happen there to reel this madness back in.

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]

Task 01: (169 words 3 TPE)
Ja'Aj Coitus-Wagg is sitting in his first class seat excited to fly back from Colorado to Maryland. The first real accolade of his professional career, the 'Hometown Hero'.
The first event was a meet and greet at the rink where it all started, Skate Frederick. A giant showing for his old club team was there, old team mates, kids currently playing on the team. This was followed by a brief speech and award presentation by the rink owner, and owner of the first club team. After this, an open stick n' shoot with all the current kids playing for the club along with Ja'Aj took place. It was a great time of him messing around with the young hockey players, and teaching them some good life and hockey lessons.

Task 03: (174 words 3 TPE)
I have been in the SHL for two full seasons. I don't see myself being called up VERY soon, but it may happen towards the end of next year or somewhere in the middle of my potential fourth SMJHL season. Honestly, I don't think my player is ready for it. I skimped on training/TPE tasks my first year, so I'm a little behind the curve on skills. The only area I think is ready would be faceoffs. My skating, passing, and scoring must be upped significantly before truly making a positive impact in the SHL level. If I'm called up early, I will feel empty I wasn't able to be a  part of a winning team in the SMJHL, and not able to make that difference for the team to make that step up.

Task 05:(6 TPE)
1. (99 words) The two stars of this series will be the goalies; Beaujeaux Biscuit and Kata Vilde. Both have had impressive runs to the championship, and goaltending is always a premium in the playoffs. B Biscuit has the edge in both major statistics, and should have some more rest with two less games played throughout the playoffs. I give the edge to the Platoon. @BarnabasCollins @.bojo
2.(67 words) Calgary's General Managers have shown a managerial advantage to me. The main reason why is only due to the fact they have a rockstar rookie in Maxime Bouchard. He is third in rookie scoring for the playoffs, and top 10 for all wingers (regardless of rookie or vet) for points. They are also getting scoring from everywhere, with two defensemen in the top 5 in playoff scoring. @Weretarantula
3. (55 words) Crossfit Jesus will be the West Kendall Platoon's MVP so far this playoffs. He is tied for the most game winning goals on the team, and has a sick name. Gabriel Wong is the unsung hero with a 56%+ face off percentage, this could be important as Calgary doesn't have anyone in the top ten. @CFJ @Wongy
4. (58 words)Dani Forsberg will be a big difference maker - pending they can keep their white hot streak going. Dani is tied with Crossfit Jesus on game winning goals this post season, and is currently holding a five game point streak. Forsberg is getting hot at the right time, I'd love to see how this ends up working out. @Insayne
6. (56 words) I said this farther up in the General Manger's dual post. But the main young player to break out will be Maxime Bouchard @Weretarantula. Absolutley putting on a show in the playoffs, regardless of veteran or rookie status. I'm looking to Maxime to continue that this series. Hopefully the rookie hazing doesn't continue during the finals.
8. (65 words) Another answer I somewhat referenced above. It is really great to see a series with a true goaltender dual. Both have had phenomenal post seasons, and deserve to win it all. As I referenced above, Beaujeaux Biscuit should have the slight advantage. They have played less games, will have fresher legs, and have proven themselves to have incredible stats when the pressure is really on.

(This post was last modified: 05-30-2019, 03:21 PM by Leafs4ever.)

Task 5:

Breakdown this finals matchup for us, how will it play out? who will be the stars of this series, what will the outcome be? (*tag anyone involved)

This Challenge Cup Final will be won by the West Kendall Platoon. They have the better overall roster and have been better in almost every category, except for goals. Facing an under matched Texas will bring your goal total up. West Kendall is a way better defensive team, led by Schroder (@Rabidsponge21) and Kirkby (@Acsolap). They do everything on the ice better than Calgary. Calgary has a better power play so far, but West Kendall is 92% on the penalty kill so I don't see them exploiting it in this series. Biscuit (@.bojo) is the better of the two goalies so Calgary can't close the gap in net either. Calgary is over matched here, it will be very surprising to see Calgary's magic run continue. (122 words)

Which player in the finals should considered their teams playoff MVP and which should be considered their teams unsung hero thus far and why?

I think Dani Forsberg (@Insayne) is the MVP for the Platoon right now, but it's wide open. Forsberg leads the team with 10 points so it's a natural selection. There's a bunch of players close behind Forsberg so the Finals will determine who comes out of the group, but as of right now it's Forsberg. For unsung hero, I'm going with Sven Brokstad (@Bzerkap). He only plays 15 minutes a game, but has 4 points and is a +4. Those are hard minutes to play in the playoffs and he's giving West Kendall quality when he's on the ice. We could see a bigger role for him in the Finals. (108 words)

Which player do you believe will be the difference maker in their franchise winning the title here in S47?

I really believe the difference maker will be Ludwig Koch Schroder (@Rabidsponge21). The Platoon's defense has been elite this post-season and he's the leader on the back end. He plays the most minutes and shuts down the opponents top players every game. I think there's more offense to his game than he's shown and I think that comes through this season. I expect Ludwig to be the player that leads West Kendall to the Challenge Cup victory. (76 words)

After trading off there best players and declaring themselves in a full rebuild back in S45, The Calgary Dragons have made it to the S47 finals.. just 2 seasons later. Choose: ('No surprise', 'mild surprise', 'major surprise' or 'in shock') and explain why.

I am in shock, but really I keep telling myself that I shouldn't be when it comes to Calgary. They have an average roster, like they usually do, and somehow always make these cinderella runs. It's not on merit or talent, but rather dumb luck. They sell off their top players, but somehow still luck their way through the playoffs. They're never the most talented or even in the top 2 or 3 in the conference, but it never seems to matter. This season, I guess they've banded around being a group of rag-tag players fighting for their playoff lives and it's worked so far. I don't expect them to beat a much more talented roster in West Kendall. (119 words)

Which young players in this series (S42-S47) have a chance to break out and make a name for themselves here in the Challenge Cup Finals? (*Tag that player)

The young player that has the chance to break out and make a name for himself is Platoon defenseman Rex Kirkby (@Acsolap). He's playing top pair minutes on the best defensive team in the playoffs and has put up solid stats across the board. He's blocking shots, throwing the body, and only 1 points behind the leading scorer on defense on his team. He's a solid, no nonsense player who is delivering big minutes with quality. He's going to shut down the Dragons' offense and make the finals his coming out party. (92 words)

Star netminders Kata Vilde and Beaujeaux Biscuit have both carried there teams into the finals. Which franchise goalie has a better chance to carry their franchise to a title?

The correct answer is Beaujeaux Biscuit and it's not really that close. Biscuit is one of the best goalies in the league and he's showing why in these playoffs. He's putting up a ridiculous .950 save percentage and a 1.45 goals against average. The man is a brick wall in net right now. I don't see Calgary being able to solve him in these Finals. He's laser focused and as good as any goalie has been in the post season. Biscuit has the better chance to lead his team to a Finals win. (93 words)

Task 9:

I think the biggest disappointment in this post-season has to be the New Orleans Specters. They were the best team in the Western Conference and second best team overall in the regular season and had a relatively easy match up in the Western Conference Semi-Finals against the Texas Renegades. They were an elite team this season, but couldn't close out a much weaker Texas team.

New Orleans built themselves into a quality team right out of the gate when they joined the SHL. They had a very successful run in their inaugural season and expected to do the same this year. Everything seemed to be going to plan for them, but once they entered the post-season, they fell flat. I'm not really sure what went wrong specifically, but they needed more goal scoring from players other than Fletcher. They also needed their goalie, Aleiester Cain, to steal them a game or two and he just couldn't do that. In the end, they went out in 7 games to an inferior team and face an off-season with lots of questions. A disappointing season to be sure in the Big Easy.

(189 words)

Task 13:

PM'd

Task 14:

S47 CW Podcast

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
0-0-0
Regular Season - [G 0] [A 0] [Pts 0] [+/- 0] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 0]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

(This post was last modified: 06-02-2019, 12:28 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

1. Breakdown this finals matchup for us, how will it play out? who will be the stars of this series, what will the outcome be? (*tag anyone involved)

This is a tough matchup for Calgary cause were so young. The only player on the team in regression is Izzy so we are going to have to continue to win games by everyone stepping up at differant times and Kata Vilde putting us on his back as he has this whole post season. But I'm encouraged by the gravitas of this roster grid and there ability to rise to the occasion... take example the play of Mikael "Clutch Puck" Choybuk who found his shot in the clinching game against Texas.. to find a new hero this late in the post season shows that we have a number of players capable of stepping up in prime time!

As for the game, We have 2 weapons which are unique.... 1st is Mike Izzy who is a nightmare for opposing teams to gameplan. just the 3rd player ever to boast 50 points/200 hits in back to back seasons.. not to mention a league leading 28 blocks at the forward position. so the Augment effects the game in many ways and if Izz is Izz thats going to be a horrific match up for WKP.. The Platoon boast a super skilled lineup, but at this stage none of there players have the deviant abrasion that Mike Izzy plays with and wether they can stop Izzy from controlling the 200 foot game will go far in determining how this series plays out.

Our 2nd unique weapon stands at the Blue Line.. hes 6'8, hes 325 pounds, hes Otis B. Drifwood. Otis B has turned the ice into his personal playground in S47 posting 53 points, 161 hits and 68 blocks! Hes just filthy out there and there isnt a player on West Kendalls blue line that can handle him.. so there going to have to come up with a scheme to limit his abrasion on the ice and hope that doesnt leave other dragons out there free to explore.

@DollarAndADream, @BarnabasCollins, @Slappydoodle

3. Which player in the finals should considered their teams playoff MVP and which should be considered their teams unsung hero thus far and why?

Lets start with the unsung hero which to me is Calgarys Brock Nuck. Nuck has been a glue player for us this season. Willing to play anywhere, contributes in multiple areas and has become a prime time performer with 3 game winning goals and 4 game tying scores! which is a remarkable feat for such a young player. As we move into Center stage its Brock Nuck that needs to be highlighted for the gritty work that typically doesnt get its due credit.

In terms of Calgarys MVP's.. Got to start with the man who brings the thunder.. Hunter Jones! Our 1st line pass first all star has averaged 50 points in back to back seasons as he moves into the prime of his career. Thunder's playmaking skill is a catlyist for a dragons top line which boasts a +56 between all 3 players.

Then theres the shooter! you can say that our S40 winger began what was the start of a new generation of dragons as Mcgavin boasts a 1300 player build and a 40 point +20 season which advanced in the playoffs as he dropped 11 points in 11 games!

@NUCK, @Thunder39, @c00kies

4. Which player do you believe will be the differance maker in their franchise winning the title here in S47?

For Calgary i believe it starts with 2 of our forwards. Many of us know who Nicholas Pedersen was.. recently inducted into the hall of fame #Zombiepeds posted over 800 SHL points while leading the way towards 5 Calgary Dragon challenge Cup victories. But the baton has officialy been handed to his son Nicky Pedersen Jr. who has emerged in this post season as a serious threat on the ice and one of the focal points of the Dragon offense. Lets talk game 6 againt Edmonton and were in overtime.. It was Pedersen Jr. who shoots in the series winning goal! We move right into the conferance finals vs the Renegades and for the 2nd straight game its #babypeds sealing the victory with a goal in overtime! ... through 11 games the young Pedersen leads Calgary with 11 points, 2 overtime game winning goals and a +8.

Then theres Rainbow Dash who has shown glimpses of excellance in his 1st 2 seasons. An elite work ethic off the ice dash posted almost 170 hits in his rookie year and boasts a hard and heavy shot that screams 30 goal season in the near future. But Rainbow found his complete game in this post season starting it off with that memorable 4 goal performance against Edmonton in the series opener! One of the great games your going to find in prime time as he put Calgary on his back and let the team know that this young squad belongs in post season! Through 11 games Rainbow has 6 goals, 9 points and 25 hits!

@mstuk41, @Eggy216

5. After trading off there best players and declaring themselves in a full rebuild back in S45, The Calgary Dragons have made it to the S47 finals.. just 2 seasons later.  Choose: ('No surprise', 'mild surprise', 'major surprise' or 'in shock') and explain why.

If you had a birds eye view in the Calgary locker room this would come as a 'mild surprise' because this is a roster that takes there role as dragons seriously.. Every person holds themselves accountable to be a good team mate in the LR and a good representation of the franchise in the forums. We help each other, we work towards our goals and i believe that aura of hard work and good will resonated through the virtual and onto the ice. Couldnt be prouder to be apart of this group.

6. Which young players in this series (S42-S47) have a chance to break out and make a name for themselves here in the Challenge Cup Finals? (*Tag that player)

This is a tough one cause Calgary has so many young talented players on the roster, players who are all in on the commitment to earn TPE and work together towards this moment. Frankly this is the 2nd year of a rebuild and we havnt made any trades to add anyone so this run in 47 is on the backs of our great young talent.

Lets talk Chico Smeb and Brennan Kennedy Jr. who in calgary are known as Keneration-X.. these 2 came up as real 1st year rookies and represent the new generation of the Dragons Blue line! their both hard working, team oriented and easy to get along with.... and now KEN-X have both shot past the 600 tpe mark as we move towards game 1 of the series... i think both can play an intrical part in this Challenge Cup!

Then theres Maxime Bouchard.. the SHL's rookie of the year IMO. Bouchard has shown star ability from the moment we drafted him with the 8th pick in S45.. off the ice this is a really quality fella that is super easy to get along with..on the ice hes busted the SHL door down scoring 33 points in the regular season and 9 points in 11 post season games here in 47... and this is a rookie!

@bk1689, @xDParK, @Weretarantula

7. The West Kendall Platoon are back in the finals after a season out of the playoffs and a team that was in serious regression Choose: ('No surprise', 'mild surprise', 'major surprise' or 'in shock') and explain why.
8. Star netminders Kata Vilde and Beaujeaux Biscuit have both carried there teams into the finals. Which franchise goalie has a better chance to carry their franchise to a title?

No surprise here. I think the JR/Wongy combo has become part of the gold standard of managerial prowless. This is a team that works hard, respects the game, respects there franchise and does what it needs to do to get the best out of its players. WKP's time at the top is no fluke.. these guys know what there doing and do it better then most.
@JR95, @Wongy

TASK 10: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
Trading cards have become a big topic around the SHL in S47 and the league wants to captilize on this new found popularity with Challenge Cup playoff cards! Create 1 of these special edition cards below, cards should include an SHL logo, players renders, names, team names/logo and must be in a card background.

2 - Challenge Cup young guns - Must have 2 young players on the card with there names, renders and a playoff stat from each.

[Image: p3EHkY4.jpg]

@Katth, @Off

Theres no path to the finals without a little bit of adversity. In 150 words or more, write about the adversity one of the teams faced on the road to the Challenge Cup Finals. (*tag anyone involed)

There was more than a bit of adversity when it came to the dragons and this improbable playoff run. As the team prepared for their opening game with Edmonton a media shitstorm hovered over the franchise centred round their team logo. Aside from being young and inexperienced moving into post season we had to deal with the background noise of negative media saturating our franchise.

But I believe that issue created character within our unit as we did what this franchise does best.. which is to enjoy each other’s company. Having a locker room of people that appreciate each other helped create a dome around the noise and a unified purpose to band together and take on who ever came our way. I believe we “will’d our way through Edmonton and Texas and as we prepare to jump on the ice tomorrow night in game 1 of the S47 finals, we come in knowing we have been battled tested on the ice and through adversity.

TASK 08: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
The WWF (World Wildlife Foundation) and the SHL are working together as the cover of thier June magazine will boast an SHL player in the finals along side an animal.. and your job is to create the cover!  On a Magazine cover, should include the WWF logo, a title of front page, an SHL players render, his name and team logo, plus an animal of your choice next to him.

[Image: 9UB7sdC.jpg]

@Alex Mack

Its trivia time with 4 questions related to our Challenge Cup participants!

1. Who is the all time goals leader on the West Kendall Platoon?
2. Who won Calgary's Jesster Award (Team MVP) for season 46?
3. Who are the current 3 captains (C, A and A) on the West Kendall Platoon?
4. What is the name of the stadium where the Calgary Dragons play there home games?

PM Sent!

Mike Izzy = 16 TPE

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2019, 04:35 AM by ViN.)

Code:
TASK 02: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
The leagues running an auction where all proceeds will go to the education departments of both teams in the challenge cup finals! create a graphic of a player in the challenge cup series holding up an SHL related item for bidding. Graphic should include a pic of that player, his name, his team logo, the item hes showing off for bidding and wording about what we are seeing in the graphic. (*tag that player)

[Image: %3E]

@Weretarantula
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Code:
Pick up to [u]6[/u] challenge cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth '1' TPE. Each answer must be '50' words or more.

1. Breakdown this finals matchup for us, how will it play out? who will be the stars of this series, what will the outcome be? (*tag anyone involved)
2. A major managerial showdown is about to take place Between WKP's (Jr95, Wongy) and Calgarys (Steelhead77, C00kies) which set of GM's have the tactical/managerial advantage in this series and why?
3. Which player in the finals should considered their teams playoff MVP and which should be considered their teams unsung hero thus far and why?
5. After trading off there best players and declaring themselves in a full rebuild back in S45, The Calgary Dragons have made it to the S47 finals.. just 2 seasons later.  Choose: ('No surprise', 'mild surprise', 'major surprise' or 'in shock') and explain why.
6. Which young players in this series (S42-S47) have a chance to break out and make a name for themselves here in the Challenge Cup Finals? (*Tag that player)

2. A major managerial showdown is about to take place Between WKP's (Jr95, Wongy) and Calgarys (Steelhead77, C00kies) which set of GM's have the tactical/managerial advantage in this series and why?

I believe the set of GM’s that have the tactical/managerial advantage are the Calgary Dragons. While in recent years JR95 has gained some experience as the GM during a finals series, I believe Steelhead77 and C00kies experiences will be the difference maker here. Under their leadership they have lead the dragons to many cup victories. I suppose we’ll see if they can do it again.

(65 words)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Code:
The WWF (World Wildlife Foundation) and the SHL are working together as the cover of thier June magazine will boast an SHL player in the finals along side an animal.. and your job is to create the cover!  On a Magazine cover, should include the WWF logo, a title of front page, an SHL players render, his name and team logo, plus an animal of your choice next to him.

[Image: aKImYv7.png]

Code:
Which organization that didnt make it to the finals would you consider to be the biggest disappointment? What do you think are the main reasons why they fell short this season? (Must be 150 words or more)

The organization that didn’t make the finals I would consider to be the biggest disappointment would have to be the San Francisco Pride. While they were not the top team in the league, or even their conference for most of the season, there were some big things expected of this team come post season. San Francisco finished the season off strong and was able to push their way into the final wild card spot. Unfortunately, they were unable to make it past the first round against the Texas Renegades only winning one game in the best of seven series. During the season the Pride had quite a few players reach at least thirty points on the season, as well as two other players about twenty five points. Given their scoring in the regular season, it was expected that this would follow suit going into the playoffs. This was not the case. The Renegades were able to slow down the Pride enough and overwhelm the young team scoring twenty three goals in the five games they played vs the eleven goals from the Pride. This was also the first playoff series for most of the Pride as many of the current roster have only been in the league for a few years.

(211 words)

Code:
TASK 10: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
Trading cards have become a big topic around the SHL in S47 and the league wants to captilize on this new found popularity with Challenge Cup playoff cards! Create 1 of these special edition cards below, cards should include an SHL logo, players renders, names, team names/logo and must be in a card background.

1 - Challenge Cup Leaders - must have 3 players on the card with there names, renders and 1 playoff stat for each.
2 - Challenge Cup young guns - Must have 2 young players on the card with there names, renders and a playoff stat from each.
3 - GM special edition card - Must have GMs or Co GM's on the card with there names, renders and a team stat from each.

[Image: lMZJgld.png]

Code:

3. Who are the current 3 captains (C, A and A) on the West Kendall Platoon?
4. What is the name of the stadium where the Calgary Dragons play there home games?

**Important**: Send the answers to username "PT Director" with the subject of the message titled “#Tigole-Trivia" do not send it to my personal account cause i will not look at it and you will not recieve credit for it. Do not post the answers in here cause you will not get credit for the task. [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer]

PM Sent!

16/16 TPE

[Image: TqPg1ou.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png] [Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: wu5MVvy.png%5D]

(This post was last modified: 05-30-2019, 01:23 PM by JamesT.)

Code:
You are at the airport awaiting a flight to meet back up with your team after spending the day being honoured as a 'Hometown Hero' in the place where you grew up! Tell us about your day... what did they have planned for you? Who did you see there? What were you given? How did it turn out? ... In 150 words or more, tell us all about this big moment as hometown hero.

It always feels good to be back in my hometown of Vancouver, BC! Our team managed to have a little down time  after we finished our last series against the Vancouver  Whalers and what a coincidence that we finished our series in Vancouver. I'm not that flashy of a person or want the entire spotlight on me so i just had a dinner with some close friends of mine who i grew up with in Vancouver where we at some sushi! Some friends got me some clothes as they say that my fashion game needs to be improved so i received some new t-shirts, a leather jacket and some new jeans. After putting the gifts back in my car my friends and I went to grab some bubble tea and this was the first time i had bubble tea in a long time as i have been on a strict diet while playing in the SMJHL with the Montreal  Militia . The night ended shortly after and my friends gave me hugs and wished me the best of luck in the finals! I cannot wait to return to my hometown of Vancouver with the Four Star Cup after defeating the Anaheim  Outlaws . 

Code:
If you are in the SMJHL then you have been there for at least a few seasons and its likely that a promotion to the SHL is coming soon. The question is.. are you ready?..  what areas of your game do you believe are SHL ready and what areas are you concerned about?  what things are you sad to leave behind and what things are you excited about when moving to your parent club. (Must be 150 words or more)

I was drafted in the S45 draft and was expecting myself to be a prominent player for the team that drafted me which was the Montreal  Militia and who I am still playing with today! But boy did i get a reality check as i struggled to produce and be a factor in my first two seasons in the SMJHL. There were also better and more hungrier players out there than me. Now that I am fully capped for TPE in the SMJHL and have been banking TPE I believe that when i get the call up for my SHL team the Edmonton  Blizzard I hope to be an impact player for them. My passing, puck handling and skating are key areas that I look to continue being strengths for me. For areas that I need to improve would be my defence, strength and endurance. The bonds and friendships that I have developed with my teammates in the  Militia I will miss and of course the fans! The things that i am most excited about would be going to a new city, locker room and environment. As well as being closer to my hometown of Vancouver! Whenever I get that message about making it to the SHL I know I will be ready to rise to the challenge.

Code:

The organization that did not make it to the finals that I would consider to be the biggest disappointment would have to be the St.Louis  Scarecrows . They had such a dominant regular season in the SMJHL and many people were expecting them to hoist the Four Star Cup at seasons end. They also had 11 players producing 30+ points for them in the regular season as well so there is plenty of depth on their roster. However, when the playoffs come around a lot of the times the #1 ranked team doesn't end up performing to expectations and that is why happened to the  Scarecrows   for S47. They ran into a very impressive Anaheim  Outlaws team who took them to game 7 and managed to pull off the upset against them. With St.Louis having such a dominant season and not having to face much adversity they probably thought things would come easy for them, but that is why we play the game of hockey where only the current games matter and what's happened in the past is the past. 

Code:

3. Which player in the finals should be considered their teams playoff MVP and which should be considered their teams unsung hero thus far and why?
4. Which player do you believe will be the difference maker in their franchise winning the title here in S47?

3. The player in the finals for the the Four Star Cup final that should be considered their playoff MVP would have to be Oliver Klozoff from the  Militia in my opinion. Most of the time it's the forwards who lead their teams in scoring and the main focus for the opposing team to shut down, but in our case Oliver has been that player but as a defensemen! Oliver would have to the strong favourite to be the playoff MVP if we win the Four Star Cup. An unsung hero in my opinion would have to be Marc Hagan from the  Militia . As a rookie he has really stepped up in these playoffs but is not getting the attention he rightfully deserves, perhaps the fact that he is only a rookie so teams aren't giving him the respect he deserves but seeing him play up close and getting to know him, he has been one of our top players all year round.

4. The player that I believe will be the difference would have to be Oliver Klozoff of the Montreal  Militia . He has been a horse for our blue-line all season and has especially stepped up these playoffs leading us in scoring by producing 15 points in 12 games so far. Oliver will need to continue being the prominent defensemen he has been throughout these playoffs for us to have success and hopefully capture the Four Star Cup.

5. Major surprise - I believe this is a major surprise because only after two seasons of declaring that the franchise was in rebuilding mode they have already surpassed that state and are now competing for the Challenge Cup. Rebuilds usually take 4-5 seasons before a team can truly be a contending team, but the fact that Calgary has done this in two seasons is a major surprise to me. If the Calgary  Dragons are actually able to win the Challenge Cup than that would be a shock for the entire SHL league.

7. Major surprise - After not even making the playoffs in S46 the West Kendall  Platoon are now one series away from winning the Challenge Cup. Their whole season has been a major surprise as well because many players on the  Platoon roster are hitting their regression period and the thought of them even making the playoffs was a laughable idea. But here we are where they are facing the Calgary  Dragons for the right to hoist the Challenge Cup in S47. Regardless of the outcome the West Kendall  Platoon will use this season as a stepping stone to show the rest of the SHL that they are for real and will be a major force to be reckon with. 

8. Between the goalies Kata Vilde and Beajeaux Biscuit I would have to give the edge towards Beaujeaux Biscuit. Beaujeaux has already managed to secure 4 playoff shutouts and has a GAA of 1.45 and has only allowed 16 goals through 11 playoff games. Beaujeaux also has .950 save %. Compared with Kata who only has 1 shutout, a 2.47 GAA and has allowed 28 goals through 11 games and has a .924 save %. The edge in goal will have to go to the West Kendall  Platoon with Beaujeaux Biscuit. But both goalies have been phenomenal and will need to be if they want to win the S47 Challenge Cup.

Code:

3. Who are the current 3 captains per there team info page (C, A and A) on the West Kendall Platoon?

**Important**: Send the answers to username "PT Director" with the subject of the message titled “#Tigole-Trivia" do not send it to my personal account cause i will not look at it and you will not recieve credit for it. Do not post the answers in here cause you will not get credit for the task. [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer]

PM SENT

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 
(This post was last modified: 05-29-2019, 04:24 PM by Fordyford.)

Task 3: If you are in the SMJHL then you have been there for at least a few seasons and its likely that a promotion to the SHL is coming soon. The question is.. are you ready?.. what areas of your game do you believe are SHL ready and what areas are you concerned about? what things are you sad to leave behind and what things are you excited about when moving to your parent club. (Must be 150 words or more)

Obviously, Tony Ford will be devastated to leave behind the Anchorage Armada locker room, which is full of great characters. Unfortunately, last season he lost his mentor Leopold Lockhart, and this season he will lose his best friend in the league Eko Van Otter, to the horrible creature known as the SHL call-up. Obviously, the other thing he will miss is the feeling of being at the top of the league, as someone who some would say has an overinflated ego, he will be upset to move back to the bottom but will seek to rapidly move back up the rankings until he is once again one of the best in the league. However, he believes that he is ready as a player, although he will of course struggle to keep up with the physicality of the game at the senior level. Obviously, the rest of the SHL should be terrified.

Task 5:
This is a big matchup, which WKP will win if two key players perform. Obviously, Beaujeaux Biscuit @.bojo needs to perform, but I believe the key to the series will be if Rex Kirkby can prove himself to be a star at the top level @Acsolap. Calgary will take 2 early games but WKP will win in 7.

Obviously, I was traded by WKP's management this season, but it was clearly the correct decision. Despite Steelhead77's experience, JR's willingness to win now over too much strength in the future is what gives them the tactical edge.

5. After trading off there best players and declaring themselves in a full rebuild back in S45, The Calgary Dragons have made it to the S47 finals.. just 2 seasons later. Choose: ('No surprise', 'mild surprise', 'major surprise' or 'in shock') and explain why.
No surprise. Steelhead77 is a well known person on the site for a reason. He's a great GM, and is responsible for turning the team around. It should come as no surprise that it didn't take long.

Obviously, Rex Kirkby @Acsolap is the player who needs to make a name for himself here. He has come runner up in the 4 star cup, WJC, IIHF and Challenge cup, but never won. This is his opportunity to break the curse and change history.

No surprise. WKP got the pick of the draft with Tony Ford at 6th overall, and showed they were confident in their team by trading him for Sophia Bennett. A brilliant decision because it will probably win them the cup. Turns out, one of the keys to being a successful franchise is drafting well, and it can see results immediately.

Beaujeaux Biscuit has an absurd .950 in the playoffs so far, and is too strong to fail. If either goalie will carry their team, it'll be him

Edmonton hugely overperformed this season thanks largely to Brady McIntyre, so the obvious choice is New Orleans. They had a storming regular season, but by the end, the cracks were starting to show. It became apparent that they wouldn't have the energy to finish their run, and that became apparent when they were toppled in the second round by a mediocre Texas. The question is if they can rebuild with this core, or if that bird has flown and they will continue being disappointed by game 7 last season for years to come. They had by far the easiest playoff series they could've had, and couldn't capitalise. Maybe it is an issue with the young age of the franchise, simply suffering a few teething problems, but I believe that unless they seriously reconsider their gameplan they will not win a cup, despite strong chances to do so and a great team on paper.

Theres no path to the finals without a little bit of adversity. In 150 words or more, write about the adversity one of the teams faced on the road to the Challenge Cup Finals. (*tag anyone involved)

WKP seemed to have a path to the finals already mapped out. An outstanding, president's trophy winning regular season lead to a simple enough series against Chicago, who they swept away 4-0. But then, a Buffalo team that seemed to have been on a downward trend after winning last years cup came to face them in the conference final. WKP were heavily favoured. And yet, Buffalo managed to pull 3 games out of the first 4, ending up 3-1. It looked like WKP were down and out, until Beaujeaux biscuit @.bojo clearly went into the WKP LR and found some magic juice or something, because when he came out the next game he was on fire. And he stayed that way for the next 2 games. Without him pulling saves out of nowhere every few minutes, WKP would've been going home in a cruel twist of fate, and met many of their rivals from Tampa bay on the golf courses of Florida. But, he did, and the rest is history, with WKP making a remarkable turnaround to reach yet another Challenge cup Finals

Task 13: Casual member special

Pm'ed

[Image: 58170_v.gif]
[Image: 58170_s.gif]
Thanks to @Carpy48 , @sköldpaddor, @Weretarantula, @Bruins10  and @Wasty  for sigs
Extra special thanks to @Julio Tokolosh for the sick gif one
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2019, 04:32 PM by jRuutu.)

You are at the airport awaiting a flight to meet back up with your team after spending the day being honoured as a 'Hometown Hero' in the place where you grew up! Tell us about your day... what did they have planned for you? Who did you see there? What were you given? How did it turn out? ... In 150 words or more, tell us all about this big moment as hometown hero.

When I arrived into my home village - known as Turku, I was greeted by a group of hefty ladies. I have never hidden my love towards the chunky dames, so the local XL fan club of mine were there to say hello! I thought that was nice of them to come to the airport on a Monday morning. They had planned couple hours of activities for us. First stop was at the local restaurant called ´Rax´, all you can eat and we did. After the giant meal I started to feel sleepy, the fans thought that is something that could happen, so they brought a tent with them!

We walked into the woods near Rax, set the tent up and took short nap. After hour or so, we started moving towards the center of Turku, where a little musical event in my honor was supposed to happen, but unfortunately the band was nowhere to be seen, couple drunks sang the Finlandia hymn to me, nice voices those lads had, I appreciated the effort and thanked them. From there on I spent the day alone in my hotel. I´m not that famous in Turku, I have openly told that I dislike people of Turku with passion, that has ruined my reputation in the city.

3. Which player in the finals should be considered their teams playoff MVP and which should be considered their teams unsung hero thus far and why?
From WKP the MVP has to be Beaujeaux Biscuit, save percentage of 95 is ridiculous number. Calgary´s MVP I´d give to Rainbow Dash, 9 points in 11 games, 25 hits and only 4 penalty minutes - great two-way player who has been able to score at solid pace as well. Unsung heroes of this matchup is WKP`s Brokstad and Kirkby, 4 points for both and +/- rating of +4, great defensive performances.

I just have to mention Biscuit from WKP again, he is carrying WKP on his shoulders and pushing the team forward, excellent goalie who gives his team a chance to win and a lot more, he can be the difference maker on any game, four shoutouts already in the playoffs and only 16 goals against in 11 games - elite totals.

Mild surprise. It´s maybe slightly too early to say they are out of rebuild, is this more of a luck thing? and maybe they are not even saying that they are done rebuilding, but making the finals so early after declaring for rebuild two seasons earlier has to be surprise of some kind, especially when you think about what kind of teams did not make it as far.

Chico Smeb from Calgary is one, drafted on s46, 2+2 and +8 on the +/- column so far in the playoffs, he is elite defender in this league really soon!

Rex Kirkby is a leading player for WKP already, drafted on S43, so he is bit older than Smeb, but still has room to grow, 1+3 in 11 games and playing tough minutes on the first pairing, important player for WKP.

@xDParK @Acsolap

Mild surprise. When you miss the playoffs, usually the main goal for season after is not to make the finals, so at least for me WKP making it has been a surprise. Obviously they are a talented team right now, but competition around the league is fierce, impressive that WKP managed to find one more gear after a weaker season.

Biscuit is my pick, simply because he has been more impressive so far. Vilde has faced 50 more shots, so in that way comparison between the two is not as fair as it could be, but when you look at the save percentages, Biscuit has been on top of his game all playoffs long and deserve the nod over Vilde. Vild is not a bad goalie, but if Kata wants to beat Biscuit, need to find one more level in the finals.

[Image: kHVGQs3.png]

I have to say Edmonton Blizzard not making it was a big blow to the good old gonads. Defense and goaltending is among the best in the league, maybe even the best. On top of that the regular season was a good one, third most points in the whole league, the least goals scored against on average,second most goals scored and best powerplay. The expectations were high before the playoffs, but unfortunately for Edmonton, ride ended on the first round againts Calgary who won 4-2. One of the biggest reasons for Edmontons failure was undisciplined style of play, too many penalty minutes and too many high percentage chances against on 5v5. Icing on the cake was first line Rockefeller,Knouse and Lombardi scoring only two goals, so Blizzard was not deadly enough on the other end either. Top line guys were not leading players offensively against Calgary and to give credit to the Dragons, they did great job shutting the line down. Overall, a lot of smaller things combined that unfortunately costed games and in the end the series.

PM SENT
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2019, 11:15 AM by bana.)

Quote:Task 03: (Written, 3 TPE)
If you are in the SMJHL then you have been there for at least a few seasons and its likely that a promotion to the SHL is coming soon. The question is.. are you ready?..  what areas of your game do you believe are SHL ready and what areas are you concerned about?  what things are you sad to leave behind and what things are you excited about when moving to your parent club. (Must be 150 words or more)
Hiro Fujikawa has spent the last few seasons playing in the SMJHL for Montreal (1 season) and Anaheim (remainder of his career). Throughout his junior career, he's never been a bad player. His initial year was slightly rough due to being a new member to the league, learning the ice style and lifestyle of playing in North America, but overall, it wasn't that bad. Moving forward, his career totals have always hit nice plateaus, he's always put up points and goals for his club and he's always been a player they could count on season to season. He leaves the league with some solid totals and is currently making one final attempt at a championship as himself and the Outlaws take on his old Montreal team.

Is he ready? Am I ready as an agent? I think one more season down low wouldn't hurt. Los Angeles called us on the phone and they did basically agree to what I've currently played down low. Maybe I would have been up this previous season? Not sure, but maybe. But what I do know is that next season I will be up on Los Angeles. I'll be in the early 700's I believe for TPE, so obviously this is something I want to work on right away. Write some big things, continue to keep the bank account much alive and buy all the equipment. I want to be a strong player immediately, be in talks for Rookie of the Year and just start out my eventual strong career out hot. I'm confident in the build I'm rolling out with, but time will tell if it actually works. Typically my players have been solid on the SHL. As I progress through the next while, the goal is just on becoming a strong, more rounded out, physical sniper for the Los Angeles Panthers.

308 words

Quote:TASK 04: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
Calgary and WKP are giving the first 7,500 fans in the building a Challenge Cup poster of one of there young up and coming stars in their organization! Create that poster! ...must include that players render, player name, team name, team logo and exciting wording to highlight that player. (*tag that player)

Quote:TASK 08: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
[Image: 2vvrfjs.jpg]

Quote:Task 09: (Written, 3 TPE)
I like this topic and when comparing apples and oranges there's a few things I wanted to touch up on. The first being the opposite. How rewarding must it feel to be on the West Kendall Platoon right now? They absolutely dominated the regular season and put up some amazing numbers. They finished the season 36-6-2, grabbing 74 points and a staggering 209 GF (next highest was 178). They dominated the Eastern conference largely and when all was said and done, finished first in the league. Now, their opponent happens to be the Calgary Dragons. Let's start off by saying this was somewhat of a surprise for me. I didn't pay a grave amount of attention to the SHL because I have been playing my final season out in the SMJHL, but Calgary shocked me a little. Was anyone else expecting the New Orleans Spectres? What about Edmonton? Surely you may have been thinking Edmonton? They had amazing offensive and defensive (goalie included) performances throughout. So what went wrong for these two and right for Calgary? I feel as though what went wrong for New Orleans was goaltending and their overall game in general. It also didn't help that Texas actually rose to the occasion and said "alright, we're going to really give it our all here when it counts". They lost in a heartbreaking game 7 and are now teeing off this morning at 0730.

Edmonton? Well, the team sitting in the finals was went wrong with Edmonton. Not WKP, but CGY. For me, Edmonton played amazing all season and if we're basing it off regular season play, I think most predicted Edmonton over Calgary. Did they? Surely. The gap of records and points wasn't grave (67/62 PT difference) but the goals for and against were one of the tell-tales for myself imo. Calgary is going to have to get both their GF and GA under control if they're going to make it real in the finals - so we'll see Smile

332 words

Quote:Task 05: (Written, up to 6 TPE)

1. If we're looking at the previous rounds and how the teams are currently doing, they both have the same records but one team is standing out a little better than the other in my opinion. You can't even really say they've had an easy ride to where they are either because beating Edmonton is no small task. Calgary has the better depth scoring and point production right now and while their goalie hasn't been as dominant as West Kendall's, the numbers are still amazing and if the rest clicks right, it should be there's. West Kendall has goaltending down 110%. Biscuit is playing some amazing puck, so if the team in front of him can figure it out, I imagine West Kendall's chances are much better than CGY's. So, all depends who keeps it going or who figures it out.

141 words

3. We're gonna kill two seagulls with one pepsi here. Beaujeaux Biscuit. The goalie that's currently playing in-between the pipes for the West Kendall Platoon. He's a great goalie and he's really showing it in the playoffs so far! His 950 SV% is absolutely insane and you'd almost think that he could win the entire series against Calgary for them. Unfortunately, you need great goals too - not just great goalies. This is why it was pretty easy to choose Biscuit as the teams MVP, the leagues MVP and easily WKP's biggest unsung hero for his club so far. No one else's numbers really stand out as large and bold as Biscuit's do. Excited to see what he can do in the finals!

122 words

Quote:Task 11: (Written, 3 TPE)
Writers on the internet have jokingly tossed around the following playoff roster idea: "when a team eliminates another team, they get to claim a player from that eliminated team to join their roster" Pretend the SHL has adopted this rule this postseason. Pick one of the teams in the Challenge Cup final and pick any player from a team that they've eliminated to add to their roster for the finals. Why did they choose that player? How will this player help out? Where will they play in the lineup? (must be 150 words or more, *tag all players)

[Image: ThdtxoF.png]

|| Fujikawa Player Page || Update Page ||

(This post was last modified: 06-06-2019, 07:45 PM by Jepox.)

Code:
PM'd

Code:
Pick up to [u]6[/u] challenge cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth '1' TPE. Each answer must be '50' words or more.

I'd say that JR and Wongy have the advantage in this Challenge Cup Final between the West Kendall Platoon and the Calgary Dragons. I honestly can't explain why I feel this way, I just have a strong feeling that JR and Wongy will outmatch Esa and c00kies in this series. [50 words]

Otis B. Driftwood is the Calgary Dragon's playoff MVP this season hands down. Leading the team in points as a defenseman is no easy feat, especially with such potent offensive threats up front. Their unsung hero easily goes to Ostap Maksimov these playoffs. He might not be putting up the most points but he's playing really well defensively, putting up a ton of blocked shots, and staying out of the box. [71 words]

4. Which player do you believe will be the difference maker in their franchise winning the title here in S47?
Dani Forsberg will be a difference maker for the West Kendall Platoon here in S47. A big body who can move the puck well and is surprisingly agile for their size, Dani Forsberg will certainly be a big difference maker in this Challenge Cup Final for the West Kendall Platoon. [50 words]

No surprise for me. When I think of the Calgary Dragons, I just think of winning. They've always been a strong team for as long as I can remember and I just didn't believe that it would be that long before they were doing good again and winning tons of games. [51 words]

I'll go with mild surprise. They made some great moves and I didn't really expect them to miss this season. Next season might be a bit of a different story but West Kendall had some great players this run that certainly weren't going down in the first round or anything silly like that. [53 words]

Beaujeaux Biscuit gets to nod in my book. The West Kendall Platoon goaltender has a great Goals Against Average and Save Percentage in these Challenge Cup playoffs. He is capable of putting up big numbers night in and night out and I just have a strong feeling that he might not even lose in the finals. I'm excited to see what he'll be able to do. [66 words]

Code:
The WWF (World Wildlife Foundation) and the SHL are working together as the cover of thier June magazine will boast an SHL player in the finals along side an animal.. and your job is to create the cover!  On a Magazine cover, should include the WWF logo, a title of front page, an SHL players render, his name and team logo, plus an animal of your choice next to him.
[Image: 2ltYT0O.png]

Code:
TASK 02: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
The leagues running an auction where all proceeds will go to the education departments of both teams in the challenge cup finals! create a graphic of a player in the challenge cup series holding up an SHL related item for bidding. Graphic should include a pic of that player, his name, his team logo, the item hes showing off for bidding and wording about what we are seeing in the graphic. (*tag that player)
[Image: qaNBV7N.png]
@Mike Izzy

Code:
TASK 04: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
Calgary and WKP are giving the first 7,500 fans in the building a Challenge Cup poster of one of there young up and coming stars in their organization! Create that poster! ...must include that players render, player name, team name, team logo and exciting wording to highlight that player. (*tag that player)
[Image: o3U90Ey.png]
@Katth

[Image: Jepox.gif]
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2019, 01:49 PM by TnlAstatine.)

Code:
It's a week after draft day and Monkey D. Luffy has made the long trip back to japan to finally have a little bit of down time between all the fuss and the workouts and all the skates that have brought him from little town japan to the big league SHL. Going 4th overall in the biggest draft class in history is no joke and you better believe his whole town is buzzing. He didn't really expect this but the moment he steps off the plane he is surrounded by what seems like the entirety of his home town! He can see that his parents have planned him this wonderful arrival, and he notices a huge banner on the hangar bay door ... "Hometown Hero". WOW. Honestly this young man doesn't know much about welcoming this new fame and just likes to play hockey. He knows the day is gonna be full of parties and great food and he just can't wait to get back to his cat.

Code:
I know a lot of people from my draft class are going up and its gonna be packed full of top class rookies that will steal the show right away. For me I know buffalo has all the tools it needs right now and doesn't need to rush my development like a lot of other teams need to strain out of their rooks right now. I have asked to stay another season to avoid the log jam of rookies and to hone my skills and come into the league stronger and faster than all the other rookies next season. I want to not be liable on the ice ever in SHL so i need to work even more on my positioning and my passing and shooting isn't exactly at the SHL level quiet yet but I know next season will be where I will shine with the buffalo organization. That's not to say that I want to stay down but I just feel like it's better for me overall in the long run.

Code:

1. Oh boy an expansion team in it's third season makes it to the finals! The other expansion team has won 1 playoff game in 3 seasons, and i really don't think the outlaws are any better, oh well simon is weird. I think the outlaws are just getting all the bounces and luck so i think they'll beat montreal 4-2. That being said MM have some solid players and will make it close.
2. I have to give this to steelhead and cookies. You just can't really argue from full rebuild to final appearance in 2 seasons and that speaks for itself. I don't honestly know much about either sides of this coin but if i were to put my money in a hat calgarys team seems poised and they know what they are doing and they'll come out on top/

5. Any time a team takes a nose dive and rebuilds in just 2 seasons is gonna be a "major surprise". You just don't expect teams to turn it around that quickly and coming from an oilers fan you expect it to take at least 12 seasons if not more! But that boston bruins did it and I guess calgary just showed us they can do it to! 
6. Oliver Klozoff, has been the stud of studs this playoff and is racking up pims and taking names. 22 pims and 15 points in 12 games is honestly the dream for a defensman. Hitting hard both bodies and pucks and making that slick pass every single time. The militia couldn't ask for more from this star Defenseman and I think if he hasn't made a name for himself now he will be after this series!
7. Gotta have to go with "in shock" here. I'm not entirely sure how west kendall has found themselves in the finals but even a lost puppy gets it right sometimes. Honestly buffalo should be here and there has got to be a hockey god laughing at this fate of events but my bold prediction is that they will be wiped and will miss the ploffs again next year. fluke year really.
8. Kata Vilde is gonna carry their team to the title this year hands down. Rocking a huge save percentage and w/l like that is no joke. Goalies really shine or get outted in the playoffs and Vilde has doen nothing but prove he is elite as elite comes. 0.924 save percentage is basically the wet dream of dreams for goalies and in the playoffs no less, honestly rip WKP.

Code:

It is very clear that Calgary has had no challenge or adversity on their road to the challenge cup and I said it once but I'll say it again. They are gonna crush this finals. There is some adversity for their opponents. West Kendall got extremely lucky to even be here so I guess that is some adversity they faced? They flattened a pretty weak team and then got some lucky calls and bounces (by some a mean a lot) against the power house that is buffalo so honestly I don't think they will rise to this "adversity" and make it past Calgary at all. West Kendall is dead in the water and I don't see them coming out of this finals alive. The Fact that Calgary has steamrolled through this offseason and West Kendall somehow through some miracle made it past buffalo will show its true face when the time comes.

Code:

3. Who are the current 3 captains per there team info page (C, A and A) on the West Kendall Platoon?

**Important**: Send the answers to username "PT Director" with the subject of the message titled “#Tigole-Trivia" do not send it to my personal account cause i will not look at it and you will not recieve credit for it. Do not post the answers in here cause you will not get credit for the task. [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer

Done!

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2019, 11:09 PM by Bonk.)

Code:
As Lil’ Manius was boarding the plane to head back to his hometown of Onchiota, which is a small hamlet in upstate New York. He wondered how many people would consider Winnipeg a massive city compared to their hometown. Manius could only image what the few hundred people that lived there could come up with for his welcome home party.  Lil’ was minor reassured because this party would be occurring in the summer which meant one thing. There would be no outhouse dogsled races around Oregon Pond, thank god. Manius did hear that there would be some fine dining supplied by the culinary department of Paul Smith’s College. In addition to that, there was going to be a small parade down through Onchiota, starting at Oregon Plains Road and ending at Rainbow narrows it should be a thrilling two-mile parade that should keep people entertained for a solid half an hour. In addition to the parade Lil’ knew that there was going to be a town wide barbecue, which would make it all worthwhile.

Words~172

Code:

Clearly, the Winnipeg Jets are the team that did not make the finals and is the biggest disappointment. A team with such a rich history and has a roster consisting of Visser, Grease, Webber and Manius should be in the finals. So what were that factors that created this horrible situation. The largest factors were easy enough to determine. The first factor, lack of offence. This past season the Jets were only able to score 144 goals or an average of 2.88 goals a game. The second factor lack of defense, the Jets allowed 163 goals this past season for an average of 3.26. In addition, the Winnipeg Jets had the second worst Penalty Kill Percentage although ironically the West Kendall Platoon did have the worst Penalty Kill Percentage. The Jets also claim the coveted stat of the least number of shots for the season, and one thing is for sure, you cannot score without shooting. So basically, the reason why it was the biggest disappoint is because my own personal disappointment.
Words~172

Code:

No team ever has an easy run the Challenge Cup Finals, although not many teams find themselves down three games to one in the conference finals but that is just where the West Kendall platoon found themselves on their run to the SHL finals. Heading in to game five of the SHL finals, the West Kendall Platoon were down 3-1 to the Buffalo Stampede and things were not looking good. Buffalo were dominating the series. The goal battle was also surprising at that point with Cedric Robinson having better numbers then Beaujeaux Biscuit. During the first four games of the series, the goalie battle had been insane with two shutout performances and an overtime battle. The battles had been hard with the platoon getting the short end of the stick. However, that did not slow down the likes of Schroder and Light who went out to score the two needed goals in game five to win the game and to turn series around for the Platoon.
Words~166
@grok @Zoone16 @.bojo @Rabidsponge21

Code:
TASK 13: ( 3 TPE)

PMed

Code:
Task 14: (Podtask, 3 or 4 TPE)
The SHL Network is excited to announce extended coverage of the S47 Playoffs through your speakers! From hit podcasts to fresh new voices.. submit your mini-pod and earn TPE! What you talk about is up to you, the only criteria this season is that all Mini-Pods should be post season related.

1 Man Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 5 minutes or 4 TPE for 7 Minutes
2 Man Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 6 Minutes or 4 TPE for 8 Minutes

*Post the link of your pod in this thread below*
https://soundcloud.com/mesbonk/big-slappy-cw-47

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

(This post was last modified: 06-03-2019, 09:20 PM by StadiumGambler.)

PH

---

I believe Nick Brain is ready for the show and has been since the start of his sophomore year. For Nick it was just a matter of getting more ice-time, getting experience being a team leader, and a chance to play top 6 minutes in the SMJHL and progress as a scorer, as opposed to getting bottom 6 minutes and minimal special teams time for a Winnipeg Jets squad deep in the rebuild.

However, I don't think Nick is ready for a franchise-carrying role right away, and will need a few more seasons before he can reach that level, if he can at all. Nick will need to work on his defense to get it up to top SHL standard, will need to work to overcome his weak playmaking abilities, and will need to learn to make better decisions with the puck. Any team would be fine with Nick on the roster, but obviously not for a featured role in a contender.

Nick's a bit sad to leave behind some new friends in Detroit, and theres a feeling that his line with Espen Knutsen Jr. and Raino Kyllonen could've done more with time. That being said he is excited for the callup to share the same ice with a legend in Jason Visser, and reunite with a former SMJHL teammate in Michael Scarn. Nick's also eager to start proving the fans wrong that doubted him as an 11th overall pick.

---

1. Dragons have surprised a lot of people getting here, but ultimately I think this is West Kendall's series. The goaltending and top talent is comparable but the depth favours West Kendall too much, in particular the third line of Dayymo Ralchanikov centering Trevor Wilson and Joshua Woodcroft will be too much for the depth skaters for Calgary to handle and will cause huge matchups problems for the Dragons.
2. I keep hearing that Steelhead has the better reputation, with one totally unbiased source whos name rhymes with "Pike Fizzy" describing him as a Bill Belichick type who gets the most out of his team in terms of strategy. Hes been around the game since people saw in black and white, and might hold an edge over even the championship regulars in West Kendall.
4. As mentioned above I believe its the West Kendall third line as a whole that will make the difference.If the Izzy line and Wong line cancel each other out, if the top d-pairs cancel each other out, and if Vilde and Biscuit both summon their elite-ness, it'll come down to depth, and thats where West Kendall have the advantage. If Ralchanikov, Wilson, and Woodcroft get good shifts on bad matchups or even against the scratch line its curtains for the Dragons.
5. Big Shock. Calgary was said to be a couple years away despite an encouraging playoff push last seasons. A lot of people bet on the New Orleans Specters to take the West in pre-season, before they got burned by the Texas Renegades actually living up to their promise for once. I do not think the Dragons would've beaten the Specters and as it is they got lucky to beat the Renegades. Calgary will probably be more legitimate contenders in a few years, instead of what are presumably a bunch of PDO aces backed by great goaltending, Otis Driftwood, and Mike Izzy.
7. Mild surprise. Theres still a couple young-ish pieces with guys like Rex Kirkby so West Kendall wasn't going TOTALLY downhill, and as I've mentioned for what feels like the 8th time the Platoon's depth is impressive. The core talent is all acceptable SHL standard and the goaltending is elite. Last year's playoff miss may have just been puck luck or goaltender Beaujeaux Biscuit having a subpar year. West Kendall is absolutely running out of chances with this current core though and will have to rebuild..... probably year after next?
8. Undecided. I feel Vilde is the better goalie in terms of overall talent, due to his edge to edge mobility in the crease being superior to Biscuit's, and Biscuit's primary advantage of being a puckhandler and penalty shot stopper meaning a lot less in today's game. On the other hand, Biscuit plays for probably the better team and has the better defense in front of him, meaning he'll probably have better numbers due to having fewer high-quality shots to face. On the other OTHER hand, since Biscuit has the better team in front of him he can afford to make fewer mistakes than Vilde, and thus doesn't need to carry his franchise to a title in order for his franchise to win a title. A merely decent performance could bring the cup home for the Platoon if Vilde falters.

---

Task 07: (Written, 3 TPE)

You have been given the responsibility of organizing the National Anthem(s) for both teams in the Challenge Cup Finals. With the entire world watching the league feels its imperative that who ever you choose really encapusates the persona of the team and their fanbase. In 150 words or more, let us know who you chose for both teams, why you believe they represent that franchise and anything notable about their performance,, IE outfits, accompaniment, etc.

Lets be honest, when it comes to a group of clueless suits trying to figure out what the fans want while being blinded by star power, theres only two obvious answers for National Anthem singers picked by the SHL brass.

For Calgary, the suits logic would be "Well Alberta's a country music kind of place, and Shania Twain is Canadian, and every Canadian has ties to every region of Canada regardless of which province they were actually born in, so Shania Twain perfectly represents Calgary despite being born in Ontario! Lets have her do the anthem!"

The Twain singing would probably have a few sprinkled boos when she was announced (because she was fun to pick on for a while for Air Farce gags), some decidedly average singing, and some ludicrously expensive dresses that would make even Mike Izzy's bank account shudder under the financial burden.

As for West Kendall, they'd probably march out Fred Durst of Limp Bizkit as lead singer, because hes from Florida and would presumably have no gigs booked that night. Or ever.

---

Its the New Orleans Specters and its not even a debate in my eyes. They made aggressive moves early to build a strong roster that could contend right out of the gate, and they haven't come home with a Cup yet and are running out of time to do so. The main reasons they fell short against Texas and got eliminated seem to be:

-Aleister Cain had a subpar series, which could be his fault or could be the fault of the slightly underwhelming New Orleans defense core protecting him.
-If im reading Aaron Wilson's advanced metrics correctly, New Orleans had a very winnable Game 1 slip out of their hands, where they had puck control and more of the play but lost to a solid rearguard effort from Walter Hobbs.
-All four losses were by one goal, so maybe Texas got some puck luck to get them over the line.

I'm inclined to think the Game 1 loss was the real backbreaker. Metrics or not, the fact is New Orleans outshot their opponent 32-19 with one of the most potent offenses in the league and lost 3-2. Thats not gonna cut it in the postseason and it got Texas off on the right foot.

---

Task 11: (Written, 3 TPE)
Writers on the internet have jokingly tossed around the following playoff roster idea: "when a team eliminates another team, they get to claim a player from that eliminated team to join their roster" Pretend the SHL has adopted this rule this postseason. Pick one of the teams in the Challenge Cup final and pick any player from a team that they've eliminated to add to their roster for the finals. Why did they choose that player? How will this player help out? Where will they play in the lineup? (must be 150 words or more, *tag all players)

Well Calgary would've done this twice, beating the Blizzard then the Renegades. From the Blizzard, Calgary would've been smart to claim defensemen Brady Macintyre or Tor Tuck, as they would be able to go right on the first pairing and ease some pressure off the youngsters in the Calgary defense core playing big minutes.

For Texas its a bit more interesting. Assuming Calgary was allowed to claim players that Texas claimed from their victories, theres a world of possbilities out there for the Dragons to pick up. The best options in my eyes would be Showstopper Jack Tanner from the San Francisco Pride (who would presumably be claimed by the Renegades from the wild card round), or the regular season leading scorer in Demaricus Smyth from the New Orleans Specters (who would also be a likely pickup for the Renegades after they beat the Specters). Tanner would be an automatic pick for the first pairing on any team, and Smyth could form a deadly partnership with Mike Izzy that could help the Dragons top line win their battle against the Platoon's top line.

If Calgary was only allowed to take players from Texas and no Texas claims allowed, then Calgary would probably shore up the defense core further with The Dude, who could go instantly onto the top 4 and offer added dimensions on special teams due to his powerful shooting.

---

TASK 13: Answer Sent!

[Image: 0K3YdqN.png]

Agent of Nick Brain: Center/Right Winger - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of John Torrance: Advisor to the General Manager - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of Anatoli Terrorov: Head Coach - Colorado Raptors

Nick Brain Player Profile: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91326
Nick Brain Update Thread: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91332

Task 01:
Man what a day. I went home after the big game 7 loss to Texas to visit friends and family. While there, the hometown Mayor through a party for me. It was pretty cool honestly. They put a plaque on a local ice rink with my name on it and I can now skate there for free, so that's a huge plus. I got to hang out with some of my best friends growing up that I do not see much these days. We played a pick up game of street hockey and it was a blast. I did not want the day to end, but like all good things I had to go back to New Orleans to get back with my team mates and start training. While waiting for my flight at the airport, I stumbled across Jerry Larry who was also in Detroit visiting his family. We had a good chat about the Scarecrows and his next move in the league. I learned he was retiring and going to teach kids play hockey, so I wished him luck and boarded my plane.

I think Calgary has the advantage. They've been here before and they know what needs to be done to win the cup. No knock to West Kendall's GM's though, they find themselves in the finals a lot and know how to win as well. It's really an evenly match up and it could honestly go either way.

Calgary's Nicky Pedersen Jr is living up to his dad's name. The kid is tearing it up out there and deserves the MVP slot. Calgary's rookie Maxine Bouchard is surprising many people with his great play and is definitely the unsung hero. Both of these guys are working hard and show how bright Calgary's future is.

Pedersen Jr is on fire. He will continue to be on fire while facing down West Kendall. I believe he will do everything his coach's ask of him and more. Mark my words. Pedersen Jr will be just as good, if not better, then his dad. I would not be shocked if Pedersen Jr gets the game winning, series winning, cup winning goal.

I think I talked enough about him already, but S43's Nicky Pedersen Jr is an absolute stud. Just read above and see how much I think he will do this series. Seriously though, @mstuk41 knows how to build a great player and I have no doubt this one is no different. If he hasn't already made a name for himself, he will very soon.

Task 07:

For the Dragons, I have a very special guest to sing both "O' Canada" and the "National Anthem." There will be fire and loud singing voices, but mostly fire. The Dragons' singer will be none other then Drogon. An actually fucking dragon! How cool is that? His television show just ended so he had some free time and wanted to show off his singing voice. For West Kendall, I have brought the Choir from Kendall Lakes Retirement home to sing their renditions of the songs! Though I have heard it takes them roughly 3 hours to get to the end of one, I look forward to it! But seriously the old timers are not that bad! They were dirt cheap too since I spent a majority of the money on Drogon. All the wanted was a week supply of Jell-O! It doesn't get any better then this folks! Stay tuned next season, as I will most likely be fired and someone else will handle it.

Task 09:

If I had to choose one team, it would be my own New Orleans Specters. We had such high hopes to get to the finals and show our stuff. It was disappointing to lose to Texas, but they had the better team and just outplayed us. If I could have a do over, I would work even harder and player harder. I can't really name any reasons or give any excuses as to what went wrong, but if I had to choose something, it was just plain ole bad luck. I do believe the Specters will come out stronger next season with their core players in place and some big names being called up to join us. Expect big things, cause I sure am. Of course we could suck it up and not even make the playoffs but who the hell knows, Simon T is a filthy animal who gives no fucks about anything other then messing up peoples mock drafts and predictions.

TASK 13: Sent

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26