Create Account

S48 Interested Prospect Thread

Edmonton Blizzard Interested Prospects

[Image: Edmonton.png]

Congrats on making it to the big Draft! It's an exciting time to be a prospect in the SHL and things only get more exciting from here on out as you join your new team and make your way towards SHL dominance. The Edmonton Blizzard are one of those teams and eager to add fresh new talent to an already lethal roster. Right now is the perfect time to join the Blizzard! We have a competitive team now, but we're always looking to the future so our winning ways never go away. If that's something you're interested in, or you're just hyped on the blizz, let us know below.

Link to Player Page:

1. Do you know anything about the team? Are you interested in being a part of it? Anything you'd like to know?

2. What kind of career do you envision your player having? Lead the league in scoring? Punch some people in the mouth? If you had to accomplish one thing in the SHL what would it be?

3. There's a place for all types of users on the Blizz. How active do you anticipate being? Max earner with all equipment? PTs and ACs only? Just ACs? Just want to make some new friends and hang in the locker room?

4. How familiar are you with hockey? Have you played it? watch it?

5. Got any hobbies? Have an aspiring music career? Anything cool going on?

6. Do you have a Discord tag? Want to share it? How do you feel about regularly chatting in Discord?

7. Do you enjoy writing media or making graphics? Have any jobs pm the site? What's the coolest thing you've done/made on the site? if nothing, anything you'd like to do?

8. What caused you to create a player in the league? Are you enjoying your time on the site? What would you change?

9. Is a hot dog a sandwich or is it something a little bit more?

10. Does your player have a story? Any cool facts about your player?

11. Play any video games? What is your video game system of choice? If no, any favourite board games? Books? Movies? Plays? (feel free to answer anyways)

12. Lets play a game. We're both in a room with a gun. If either of us shoot and kill the other that person will walk out of the room perfectly fine. If we both sit there for an hour we survive, but both lose our left leg below the knee. What do you do?

13. Got a job? Go to school? Stay-at-home parent? Socialite?

14. Do you have your future build laid out already? Are you going to need help building your star player (We're always there for you!)? Is the style of player you want to build set in stone?

Thanks for taking a bit of time to let us get to know you! If you have anything else you would like to share with the Edmonton Blizzard please post it here. Feel free to send myself or @Keygan a PM if you want to know a little more about us and the Blizzard. Good luck in the Draft. You're going to do great!

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points
(This post was last modified: 05-31-2019, 11:36 AM by Emiko.)

1. Do you know anything about the team? Are you interested in being a part of it? Anything you'd like to know? I'm fairly new to the league so not really. I don't know much about the teams here at all but I love the branding. I'd like to know the history and how it came to be. Maybe some of the greats who have played here.

2. What kind of career do you envision your player having? Lead the league in scoring? Punch some people in the mouth? If you had to accomplish one thing in the SHL what would it be? I'm a netminder so I'm aiming to stop shots. Plain and simple really xD

3. There's a place for all types of users on the Blizz. How active do you anticipate being? Max earner with all equipment? PTs and ACs only? Just ACs? Just want to make some new friends and hang in the locker room? I've been doing PT, AC and Weekly Training so far due to not having much money. I'm planning on getting more via media so I can massively improve.

I'm an ex player. I used to play in the British leagues but had to retire due to an injury so simulation hockey is the closest I'll get.

Game developer and character designer. I'm currently making a ice hockey based JRPG. I've been using characters I've made from it as my simulation league characters.

6. Do you have a Discord tag? Want to share it? How do you feel about regularly chatting in Discord?
MantoRune#9345 I'm pretty active on there so you can hit me up anytime and I love a active locker room as it makes the league better for me

7. Do you enjoy writing media or making graphics? Have any jobs pm the site? What's the coolest thing you've done/made on the site? if nothing, anything you'd like to do?
I haven't done it yet due to family issues. After this week I'm hoping to be able to start doing a podcast with people.

8. What caused you to create a player in the league? Are you enjoying your time on the site? What would you change?
I'm in another SIM league called the GOMHL as GM and remembered that I used to have a player here that I didn't fully get at the time. So since joining other SIM leagues I though I should come back after being in a PBE discord group who where speaking about the league.

To me it's not a sandwich due to the hotdogs almost being sat on the bread instead of fully encapsulated by it. Thus I would not class it as the sandwich.

Cool facts: she's a half American and Half Japanese player who's also a past soccer netminder. She's from a game I'm working on too. I have written here backstory differenly multiple times as I reuse my characters a lot in different universes.

11. Play any video games? What is your video game system of choice? If no, any favourite board games? Books? Movies? Plays? (feel free to answer anyways)
I play a bit of everything really. But most of the time you'll find me on football Manager or my Xbox one.

12. Lets play a game. We're both in a room with a gun. If either of us shoot and kill the other that person will walk out of the room perfectly fine. If we both sit there for an hour we survive, but both lose our left leg below the knee. What do you do?

How much do you value your left leg? I don't need mine so much as it is fucked anyway so I'm fine with losing it.

Currently job hunting so lots of free time.

14. Do you have your future build laid out already? Are you going to need help building your star player (We're always there for you!)? Is the style of player you want to build set in stone?

I've been having help with my character as it's my first goalie build so nothing is set in stone at the moment.

Player Profile and Updates can be found in my Sig.

[Image: jv95okZ.gif]

I can't read but I like hotdogs sign me up

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!

1. Do you know anything about the team? Are you interested in being a part of it? Anything you'd like to know?

I'm entering SHL not knowing anything about the teams past location, nickname and logo and I like all 3

I am interested in joining you guys Smile

2. What kind of career do you envision your player having? Lead the league in scoring? Punch some people in the mouth? If you had to accomplish one thing in the SHL what would it be?

I envision being a 1 team only player. In an ideal world I'd like any accomplishment but I'd like to play for as long as I could whilst being helpful to the team.

3. There's a place for all types of users on the Blizz. How active do you anticipate being? Max earner with all equipment? PTs and ACs only? Just ACs? Just want to make some new friends and hang in the locker room?

I will be as active as possible like I have with the Whalers. I will be doing all the PTs and ACs and making a bro or 2 sounds nice.

Don't know shit about tactics, watch it a fair bit and watch a good number of highlights. Can't play it mind sadly.

I like to roleplay a lot and watch sports. Sadly, the world isn't ready for my musical singing without a shower and hollywood rejected that idea so that is on hold. 

I do. C9 Van#0999. I'm very active on discord.

I do enjoy the media. I can't draw stickmen, yet alone badass graphics. I've zero interest in management on SHL, sorry.

I like roleplaying. Looked fun so why not. It is going okay. 

A hot dog is simply delicious. Nothing more, nothing less.

He is a religious cultist chosen by his god, Mr. 0, to become an ice hockey player. Born Jon Snow, he changed his last name to the number he was given as member #41. Jon Forty-One.

I usually play 1 game over and over but right now I don't have anything catching me sadly. I'm usually on steam.

Ah, what a weird version of prisoners dilemma lol. Can I shoot you in the leg with a gun? Just so we get the worst case scenarios lol

I have a job. It does not eat into my time playing this.

No build whatsoever. Literally 100% open to you telling me what to build that is best for the team and I will go for it.

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Blizzard Now Isaac Forty-One Switzerland

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

05-29-2019, 10:48 PMTommySalami Wrote:
Edmonton Blizzard Interested Prospects

[Image: Edmonton.png]

Congrats on making it to the big Draft! It's an exciting time to be a prospect in the SHL and things only get more exciting from here on out as you join your new team and make your way towards SHL dominance. The Edmonton Blizzard are one of those teams and eager to add fresh new talent to an already lethal roster. Right now is the perfect time to join the Blizzard! We have a competitive team now, but we're always looking to the future so our winning ways never go away. If that's something you're interested in, or you're just hyped on the blizz, let us know below.

Link to Player Page: G Kasperi Braulin

I don't know much, but I'd love to know your goaltending situation and where I'd fit in there.

Just be a high end goalie, I'd like to be highly decorated as a goalie in this league

Max Earner for sure

Very. Yes and yes!

I've got a daughter, so that's pretty much my hobby.

TheFlash

Media. Haven't done too much that qualifies as "cool" but I think I'm a pretty good writer

I did sim leagues way back I the day, like 10 years ago (original SHL and VHL to name a few) and got back into them in Feb.

So much more

German born with Russian parents

I play a lot of Xbox. Currently loving NBA 2k19

I think we could last the hour. Tech is good enough that prosthetic leg would work well 

I work for the government

I've got a pretty good early build IMO

Thanks for taking a bit of time to let us get to know you! If you have anything else you would like to share with the Edmonton Blizzard please post it here. Feel free to send myself or @Keygan a PM if you want to know a little more about us and the Blizzard. Good luck in the Draft. You're going to do great!

(This post was last modified: 05-31-2019, 11:35 AM by Emiko. Edit Reason: error needs deleting )

Player thread - Raphael d'Alcott

Even though I am new to the site, Edmonton's history speaks for itself. 7 Challenge cups, Multiple Hall of Famers and tons of legacy. To join a team like that would be a truly great honour for me.

Raphael wants to become a league leading scorer. The Jay McDonald trophy is something that Raphael wants to one-day lift. The other goal is to help his team be consistently in the playoffs and win the Challenge Cup. 

Despite the fact I am employed and currently studying accounting, I have managed my time effectively enough so that I can do SHL stuff. I want to be a Max Earner with all equipment and am willing to put the time in to get there. Considering that I created after the draft and currently 238 TPE, I think I have successful in that regard

I got into hockey through some friends about 2 years ago and when Vegas got a team, I decided to follow hockey more consistently. I fell in love with the speed of the game and I will continue to watch it. 

I'm a freelance writer working on all kinds of stories (fanfiction and original works), an active swimmer and a keen gamer. 

KenitohMenara#9134 - Feel free to talk to me at any time. I love talking to people on discord and it would great to talk to more. 

Writing media. I love creative writing in general and this site scratches that itch rather nicely. My best work is probably this one

A fellow golden knights fan told me about the SHL and he told me about creating my own player and I immediately wanted in. If I could change one thing, it's probably setting up a tutorial for newcomers because I got lost several times while trying to find my bearings

A sandwich. The fact that it is open those leave it up to possibly being more but I would say at its core, it is a sandwich.

This is Raphael's story - He's originally from Georgia (the country not the American state) and taught himself how to skate. All throughout his life, he has worked hard for everything he has earned and wants to keep on working at hockey because he wants to be the best. 

I'll give any game a chance at least once but most likely you will find me on PS4 or my switch playing Monster Hunter

While losing my leg would be a tremendous loss, I couldn't bring myself to kill anyone. Even if my leg was lost, I would find a way to live my life without it

Customer Assistant and studying accounting. Still manage my time for gaming and SHL

14. Do you have your future build laid out already? Are you going to need help building your star player (We're always there for you!)? Is the style of player you want to build set in stone?

This is my first player ever so I have been taking all the help I can get. Been working with my SMJHL GM in order to build my character. I have an idea in mind but any and all help would be welcome

Too Many Questions.
Not sure what your team wants or needs.
I show up to work and practice on time every day.
Put in the work and try to earn as much TPE as possible.
Fourth Line or First makes no difference to me.
Player for Life unless you want to trade me.
That's the nature of the beast!
Looking Forward to seeing you all on the Ice...
For or Against You!