Create Account

S48 Montreal Militia Interested Prospects
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2019, 11:58 AM by gillon.)

[Image: vcU4f6i.png]

Welcome Prospects!

I'm @gillon and serve as the Co-GM of the Militia, together with @BarnabasCollins.

In the rafters sits six championship banners while the legends like Alonzo Garbonzo, Caleb Reay and Roman Schultz still walk the halls, along with 36 other 1st round selections.

Coming off of a game 7 loss in the previous Four Star Cup finals we're more hungry than ever and looking for the right people to fill our ranks and continue the chase of another championship. Whether you're completely new to the league, or and old-timer, is of little concern - what is important is the will to improve and succeed as a team. If you've got that, you've got a potential home in Montreal!

Without further delay, some questions so we may get to know you!

1 -Player name and position.

2- You receive the puck at the top of the circle, do you pass it to the man open far side for a one timer or thread the needle and hit top shelf?

3- Are you new to SHL? If so, what are your expectations of this simulation league?

4- Do you understand what you need to do in order to make your player better, i.e how the updates work, how to earn TPE and money? (Don't worry if you don't, we're a helpful bunch!)

5- What sets you apart from other prospects in this draft?

6- Would you like to be a member of the Montreal Militia, why or why not?

7- Activity level: Rate your activity level on a scale of 1-5 (1 being rarely/never, 2 once a week, 3 every other day, 4 most days of the week, 5 multiple times a day)

8- Most of our team chats in our discord room, is that something you are okay with?

9- Are you willing to changing/modifying your player build to suit the needs of the team in pursuit of a championship?

10- What is more important to you, winning championships or building a close-knit locker room?

11- How long do you plan to stay in juniors (2-4 seasons)?

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]

[Image: f7Sn74Q.png]
[Image: G7pWGHR.png]

Jagger Fouquette, LW

2- You receive the puck at the top of the circle, do you pass it to the man open far side for a one timer or thread the needle and hit top shelf?
how can i know what i did in this hypothetical situation maybe a shot wouldnt work this is just way too difficult of a question

3- Are you new to SHL? If so, what are your expectations of this simulation league?
extremely new

4- Do you understand what you need to do in order to make your player better, i.e how the updates work, how to earn TPE and money? (Don't worry if you don't, we're a helpful bunch!)
no what the fuck what do i do

nothing

more of a detroit guy myself

7- Activity level: Rate your activity level on a scale of 1-5 (1 being rarely/never, 2 once a week, 3 every other day, 4 most days of the week, 5 multiple times a day)

8- Most of our team chats in our discord room, is that something you are okay with?
NO! DISCORD? WHAT IS THIS? COMMUNIST RUSSIA?

9- Are you willing to changing/modifying your player build to suit the needs of the team in pursuit of a championship?
absolutely not my way or the highway

10- What is more important to you, winning championships or building a close-knit locker room?
getting points

1 season actually, not really sure why thats not an option

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

Noah Andros - D

Pass it

No

4- Do you understand what you need to do in order to make your player better, i.e how the updates work, how to earn TPE and money? (Don't worry if you don't, we're a helpful bunch!)
Yes

idk

idk ig

yea

idk maybe

lr

idc

[Image: cooldudeam1234.gif]
(Sig Credit: toedragon84)

1 -Player name and position. Skao Anazibf Centre

2- You receive the puck at the top of the circle, do you pass it to the man open far side for a one timer or thread the needle and hit top shelf? Probably just fucking rip it into the fucking stands

3- Are you new to SHL? If so, what are your expectations of this simulation league? I hope it fixes my marriage

4- Do you understand what you need to do in order to make your player better, i.e how the updates work, how to earn TPE and money? (Don't worry if you don't, we're a helpful bunch!) No and I'm not willing to learn

5- What sets you apart from other prospects in this draft? My huge cock

6- Would you like to be a member of the Montreal Militia, why or why not? ask me again in 10 years

7- Activity level: Rate your activity level on a scale of 1-5 (1 being rarely/never, 2 once a week, 3 every other day, 4 most days of the week, 5 multiple times a day) 6

8- Most of our team chats in our discord room, is that something you are okay with? I prefer facebook messenger

9- Are you willing to changing/modifying your player build to suit the needs of the team in pursuit of a championship? No im all thats matters

10- What is more important to you, winning championships or building a close-knit locker room? neither

11- How long do you plan to stay in juniors (2-4 seasons)? 0 seasons

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**

1 -Player name and position. Anthony Archer - Wing

2- You receive the puck at the top of the circle, do you pass it to the man open far side for a one timer or thread the needle and hit top shelf? I mean hit top shelf implies I'm going to score so hit top shelf. 

3- Are you new to SHL? If so, what are your expectations of this simulation league? Yes, a fun experience of watching me and players around me develop I guess

4- Do you understand what you need to do in order to make your player better, i.e how the updates work, how to earn TPE and money? (Don't worry if you don't, we're a helpful bunch!) Yes

5- What sets you apart from other prospects in this draft? Super active, loves memes and video games, good frend

6- Would you like to be a member of the Montreal Militia, why or why not? Sure 

7- Activity level: Rate your activity level on a scale of 1-5 (1 being rarely/never, 2 once a week, 3 every other day, 4 most days of the week, 5 multiple times a day) 5

8- Most of our team chats in our discord room, is that something you are okay with? Sure

9- Are you willing to changing/modifying your player build to suit the needs of the team in pursuit of a championship? Not really but I'm open to advice

10- What is more important to you, winning championships or building a close-knit locker room? I mean realistically you need a close-knit locker room to win a championship, so I guess my answer is building a close-knit locker room. Not sure if that's considered different in a sim idk I'm new

11- How long do you plan to stay in juniors (2-4 seasons)? Few seasons until I fully develop and make big SHL entrance
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2019, 02:40 PM by Winter is Coming.)

Cody - RW

I mean, it technically depends on the goalie's position, but all things being equal, I'm shooting that sucker into the net! Towel

I am not new, been here since around S25.

4- Do you understand what you need to do in order to make your player better, i.e how the updates work, how to earn TPE and money? (Don't worry if you don't, we're a helpful bunch!)
I believe that I do, but there is always something new to be learned regarding the building of a player and the sim engine, so I'm always open to learning new things.

That I am the only person willing to vigorously fight for the idea that pancakes are superior to waffles and french toast.

Certainly, that was the first team I ever signed with my first player and I have enjoyed the community there for a good amount of time.

Is this the time where I make the 69 joke? If no one has done it yet, then yolo (5 though).

Yes, very much so, especially if you will post pictured and videos of Shiba Inus. Heart

Certainly, whatever would help the team and create the most fun in the community.

Why not both? Seriously though, obviously the latter. This is a community first and foremost, and without having fun, winning anything is just bland if you can't share it with a close group of people.

I certainly plan and hope to be in the SMJHL for a couple of seasons. I don't have any rush to enter the SHL.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]
ShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUk
Player Page || Update Page

Ricky Spanish LW

Puff puff pass

No

Yes

I'm Ricky Spanish, they're not.

I once was way back in S34.

Yup

Let's redist

Give me that four star with my best buds

Looking at two.

Conor Tanner - C

Pass

No.

Yes

Not a ton

6- Would you like to be a member of the Montreal Militia, why or why not? Yeah, I think Connor ended up as a faux HOF member for the Militia.

Yes

I doubt I'd make a bad player, but if you're insistent I could.

Winning

Until the Blizzard call my name to the big league.

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

Bohne - D

Whatever Simon says I do.

No

Yep

Beans.

No thank you. I have recent history there. I'd not like to revisit the team at this time.

Yes

Maybe

Lr.

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

1 -Player name and position. D - Prince Devitt

2- You receive the puck at the top of the circle, do you pass it to the man open far side for a one timer or thread the needle and hit top shelf? Thread the Needle

3- Are you new to SHL? If so, what are your expectations of this simulation league? Nope, knows the ins and outs pretty well

4- Do you understand what you need to do in order to make your player better, i.e how the updates work, how to earn TPE and money? (Don't worry if you don't, we're a helpful bunch!) Yeah for sure

5- What sets you apart from other prospects in this draft? Winning experience and the ability to make other guys around me better over myself.

6- Would you like to be a member of the Montreal Militia, why or why not? I don't see why I wouldn't want to be a member of the Militia.

7- Activity level: Rate your activity level on a scale of 1-5 (1 being rarely/never, 2 once a week, 3 every other day, 4 most days of the week, 5 multiple times a day) 3

8- Most of our team chats in our discord room, is that something you are okay with? Yeah, always on Discord.

9- Are you willing to changing/modifying your player build to suit the needs of the team in pursuit of a championship? Sure

10- What is more important to you, winning championships or building a close-knit locker room? Winning Championships

11- How long do you plan to stay in juniors (2-4 seasons)? 2-4 seasons

[Image: Crossfit.gif]

[Image: CFJ1.gif]

Thanks to prettyburn, TML, Carpy, JNH, Jepox, Engi, Karey, Flappy, Skolpadder, Mook, DollarAndADream, Smirnov and Toe for the sigs.

Code:
Crossfit's First Career SHL Goal, 4. Manhattan Rage , Crossfit Jesus 1 (Pedro Sarantez, Nucky Toohoots) at 5:51

Code:
Devitt's First Career SHL Goal, 5. Calgary Dragons , Prince Devitt 1 (Barry Batsbak 21, Mike Izzy 14) at 10:43

Hugh jazz-RW

One timer ty

Yes. I am looking to gain more friends as i am a loser.

no, how do u update your player? and how to earn tpe and money. I honestly don't know how that works could u help me out ty?

My player is massive.

Sure. I am a former co-gm.

nape.

no, I have a plan for my player that should make me one of the better players.

Both.

2-3 seasons

Elijah Jones

Shoot

No

Yeah

Can't think of anything

It's not my first choice, want to stick with the team that picked me up, but if drafted to Montreal, I won't retire.

Yes

No

Having fun

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

Noah Brusky - Defense

I'm a pass-first type of player

Yes. I'm hoping it's an active league and the community is engaging

I have a basic understanding from the rookie tutorial thread.

I haven't really seen the other prospects in this draft, but I envision myself to be the next premier shutdown defender in the league.

Yes. It sounds like Montreal boasts a long tradition of winning and has been a successful franchise over the years. I'd love to be a part of that and help raise even more banners into the raftors.

Yes

Not much. I plan to be a defensive defender, but would maybe put some effort into scoring if necessary.

Winning.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png] [Image: UDyqktK.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2019, 09:47 PM by rangersbruinslightning.)

1 -Player name and position.  Jake Primeau, Center

2- You receive the puck at the top of the circle, do you pass it to the man open far side for a one timer or thread the needle and hit top shelf?  Pass it to the open player

3- Are you new to SHL? If so, what are your expectations of this simulation league?  Yes, just hoping to enjoy the experience of managing my player

4- Do you understand what you need to do in order to make your player better, i.e how the updates work, how to earn TPE and money? (Don't worry if you don't, we're a helpful bunch!) I believe so, but it's possible I missed something

5- What sets you apart from other prospects in this draft?  I honestly don't know

6- Would you like to be a member of the Montreal Militia, why or why not?  As of right now I'm happy to got to any team

7- Activity level: Rate your activity level on a scale of 1-5 (1 being rarely/never, 2 once a week, 3 every other day, 4 most days of the week, 5 multiple times a day) 4

8- Most of our team chats in our discord room, is that something you are okay with? Yes

Sure

Probably championships

11- How long do you plan to stay in juniors (2-4 seasons)? As long as I need to

[Image: 60043_s.gif]
Player Page                Update Thread 
Thank you to @Wasty and @frithjofr for a couple great sigs!

Bo Kane C

top shelf

No I'm not.

Yes I do! However, I'm still getting into the groove of things again and certain things have changed so reminders will always be great.

Always down to help teammates out with learning new things.

Yes I would. Classic team.

Yes, I have the app and use daily.

To a certain extent yes.

Mix of both. The end goal is winning championships so if you have a close-knit locker room and it's not working you need to make changes while also ensuring the locker room will be good.

4 Seasons

[Image: O8HREwL.png]

Raptors Canada pride
Player Page - Update Page