Create Account

S48 SHL Milestone Watch - Part 1

this is a lil series that i wanted to start doing for awhile. hope you guys enjoy. or don't. take ur pick cause i'm not ur fuckin parent. Also I wanted to write something that would bring a bit of discussion into the media section of the site so here we go. Also, this is kind of a tester so if you like it please comment so I can continue to do these if the community likes it.

SHL S48 MILESTONE WATCH

With the history of this league often being put to the side - I thought that it was time to take a look at some of the great SHL players currently playing in the league and seeing how close they are to hitting some milestones within the league to compare them with some great players who have been retired for awhile. Without further ado, let's begin.

[Image: HaIWPPy.png]
JOE KURCZEWSKI
@JKortesi81
700 POINTS // 400 ASSISTS
Current Statistics: 750 GP // 300 G // 392 A // 692 PTS

Starting off this article, we're going to take a look at the career of one of the greatest players in the SHL currently, Joe Kurczewski. Joe's been a long time member of the site and has grinded his ass off to build his player, and it's obviously paid off. From his days in the SHL beginning with the Calgary Dragons, there was a special air around Kurczewski, who immediately took the league by storm. Joe K (as he is known around the league because people can't spell his last name off of the top of their dome) was a vital player in the Dragons' Challenge Cup conquests because of his tenacity on and off the puck. I think with a player of Joe's calibre, you are looking at a first ballot Hall of Fame player.

What makes a player like Joe so special is his play on the puck, combined with his play off of the puck. Through his career, Kurczewski is a +199 (not a typo), showing that he can be counted on defensively while he's on the ice as well as offensively. Also a neat little tidbit, Joe's +199 is currently good for 5th in the entire history of the SHL (as per the bojo box). It's a no-doubt that Joe K. is an absolute play-driver, but with these numbers backing it up (even though they might be inflated a little bit by playing on some STACKED Calgary teams) is incredible. Another thing about Joe's progression is that even though he's sitting shy of 700 career points, only 158 of them have come on the man advantage (which is 22.8% for those of you keeping track at home). What an absolute bananaland statistic. Goes to show how good of an even strength player that Kurczewski is.

Will Joe Kurczewski reach these milestones?

Absolutely, without a shadow of a doubt. Unless Kurczewski injures himself in the offseason and misses the entire season, Kurczewski only needs 8 assists to reach 400, and 8 points in total to reach 700 points. It's a no-doubter that Joe will reach these playing big minutes on a solid New Orleans team.

[Image: k4lrw7d.png]
JASON VISSER
@ToeDragon84
800 POINTS // 10,000 BOWLS SMOKED
Current Statistics: 800 GP // 319 G // 467 A // 786 PTS

The VISSHOUND has been an absolute machine through his career in the SHL. With only playing for the Winnipeg Jets, Visser has put up close to 800 points throughout his career. Not only is that a testament to how good he's been at earning TPE and keeping it, it's a testament to how good the Jets have been throughout the last 15 or so seasons throughout the SHL through great management and great drafting of players like Visser, who I believe we are again looking at a first ballot Hall of Famer.

Something that makes Visser's offensive contributions so special is that he has done a majority of them at even strength, and out of his 786 points, only 18.8% or 148 of them have come on the man advantage. I guess that just goes to show how impressive Visser's offensive production is at even strength.

Not comparing Visser to Kurczewski at all, they are both great players in their own right, but you know how we were saying that Joe K's +/- was impressive? Jason Visser absolutely crushes that and has put up a +252 throughout his career. Absolutely insane. Oh yeah, that's good for 2nd in the history of the SHL. When Visser eventually packs it in and retires (won't be for a long time because he's an animal at gaining TPE), Jets fans will miss the absolute dominating play style that Visser brings to the table. He is literally one of the best centers to ever play in this entire league. What an absolute beast.

Will Jason Visser reach this milestones?

When it's only 14 points, you have to think that anything shy of a complete meltdown would not stop him from achieving this goal. What an absolute machine on the ice. I think that without a shadow of a doubt that Visser will get these 14 points to put him at 800 for his career.

[Image: deZ89zK.png]
ALEXIS METZLER
@Avakael
600 POINTS
Current Statistics: 800 GP // 141 G // 457 A // 598 PTS

Alexis Metzler has been the franchise player for the Stampede ever since they traded to acquire him from the Portland Admirals, a trade that still stinks for the Portland team no matter how you want to shake it. With that being said, Metzler has taken every shred of potential he had and absolutely crushed it. He's a franchise defenceman, there's no doubt about it. In a league where you need good defence to win Championships, Metzler is a big reason why the Stampede won their first championship in Season 46.

Through his 800 game career, Metzler has 598 points, which is very, very good numbers for a defenceman. He's been as loyal as a person can be to a franchise, playing his entire 800 regular season games with the Stampede. Metzler brings everything that you could want a defenceman to bring to the table - he throws the body around, as his 1442 hits throughout his career show, he's good on the power play, as his 175 PP show. Basically, Metzler might be one of the best defencemen to ever play the game within the SHL.

Will Alexis Metzler reach this milestones?

Duh. There's absolutely no way that Metzler doesn't get 2 points throughout the season.

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

Fuck ya! This is the kind of shit the media section needs!

[Image: Grapehead.gif]
TY NOKA AND VALOR FOR THESE WORKS OF ART
Player Page | Update Page

Stars Battleborn Czechia

Thanks Daddy

[Image: dVy6XWn.jpg]
[Image: 9POiosr.png]
First SHL goal on first SHL shot in first SHL game.

06-09-2019, 05:15 PMMack Wrote: Thanks Daddy

you're welcome

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

Yeessss, i love this kind of stuff!

[Image: lebbish.gif]

Great stuff

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Fucking crutch over here doing God's work

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

more pls

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

I love this man. Thanks for shining the light on some things i'm sooo close to hitting. These S31 bois are monsters. Team USA, forever.

@ligma needs to give himself some special shoutout since he was the genius that drafted Visser and Joe K 21 and 22 overall in the S30 SMJHL entry draft.

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

never seen this type of post before. Very cool.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria