Create Account

Movers & Shakers - S48

[Image: 450XMOH.png]
SHL S48 MOVERS & SHAKERS

With S48 of the SHL rapidly approaching, there are approaches that teams and players must take in order to best suit for themselves. And of course, not every team can afford to hold on to each of their players. With that, comes free agency moves. With the punishment handed down to the Minnesota Chiefs by Head Office, it definitely opened up some room for some players from the Chiefs to move while preventing them from signing anything else. Just another wrinkle in this free agency class.

It's always really interesting to me to see how players move in the SHL and for what reasons. So, like the article I posted earlier today, hopefully this is something that I can do every season and give the media section something that we can discuss on.

[Image: GUbGapg.png]
S42 - CAMERON CARTER II - 1075 TPE
@Boomcheck
S47 Regular Season Statistics: 52 GP // 19 G // 22 A // 41 PTS
Movement: Steelhawks - > syndicate
New Contract: 1 Yr / $6,500,000

Let's start off our list with someone that we all knew was going to free agency for a long time, Cameron Carter II. Carter II brings a very good two way game to the SHL, which is sorely lacked now a days. A lot of people would consider his two way play to be worthy of a Dar nomination. With Carter going between two different teams last season (Tampa Bay Barracuda - > Hamilton Steelhawks), it put him in an awkward position as he went into Free Agency asking for $10,000,000, but had a difficult time finding it as he signed with the Syndicate for $6.5. But (my personal opinion), asking for $10M from any SHL team at this point would be impossible to get, especially if you wanted to contend. With Hamilton looking to retool, Carter had to hit the free agent market in order to best find a way to compete, as well as get closer to that Jeff Dar trophy that he wants.

Chicago offered him a deal that was acceptable and he finds himself with the Syndicate. I personally think this is a solid signing for the expansion Chicago team looking to make a mark in the SHL. With this only being a 1 season contract, look for Carter II to test free agency once more and look for another payday.

[Image: ZupQcXi.png]
S45 - SANYI KOCSIS - 687 TPE
@daBenchwarmer
S47 Regular Season Statistics: 52 GP // 10 G // 19 A // 29 PTS
Movement: Chiefs - > Renegades
New Contract: 3 Yr / $16,500,000 (5M / 5.5M / 6M)

The Chiefs suffer their first (and arguably largest) casualty as Sanyi Kocsis makes his way to Texas. The Renegades pick up a big piece moving forward as Kocsis will be entering his prime by the time that the trio of Dude, Danger and O'Callaghan are getting ready to retire. This is pretty much a lateral move and makes Chuck Crutchfield essentially redundant on the Texas blue line. It's a great signing by the Renegades and shows that the Management there has a plan.

Because of the way things went down with the Minnesota Chiefs, they were already under the gun to get their players signed and try to rebuild. Unfortunately in this case, one of their most valuable pieces walks for free. Great signing by the Renegades in order to grow their defensive core and continue to compete for a Challenge Cup.

[Image: b7e7NcO.png]
S33 - CROSSFIT JESUS - 1105 TPE
@CFJ
S47 Regular Season Statistics: 50 GP // 25 G // 36 A // 61 PTS
Movement: Platoon - > Jets
New Contract: 1 Yr / $4,000,000

This is a great sweetheart deal for the Jets, who get back long time franchise player Crossfit Jesus who is coming off of a cup win with the West Kendall Platoon. With that, Jesus is looking to retire following this season, and he wanted to finish this career where it all began, with the Winnipeg Jets. Jesus put up a whopping 61 points last season, on a stacked Platoon team. Look for him to return and play on longtime teammate Jason Visser's wing and put up a massive amount of points for his final SHL season.

It was not a secret within the league that Crossfit Jesus wanted to retire where it all began, and it's great that the Jets could make the move to bring him in and attempt to compete for a Championship with him one final time.

[Image: NL3Jiwc.png]
S44 - CHUCK CRUTCHFIELD - 838TPE
@ligma
S47 Regular Season Statistics: 50 GP // 7 G // 13 A // 20 PTS
Movement: Renegades - > Platoon
New Contract: 3 Yr / $15,000,000 (5M / 5M / 5M)

The West Kendall Platoon pick up a young piece in Chuck Crutchfield, who is coming off of a rookie season in the SHL not worth writing home about, only scoring 20 points throughout the season while being a generally minus player on the ice. The Platoon are coming off of a Challenge Cup win, and can afford to take the time to develop Crutchfield within their top 4 defensive unit as they continue to make a push for another Challenge Cup. Something that is a little interesting about this move is that Chuck's father, Chris Crutchfield (not a big deal) was involved with managing the Renegades organisation until very recently. The Platoon are making a long-term commitment to Crutchfield by signing him for 3 seasons. I think that this is a mutually beneficially relationship for both player and team.

This is me so I'd be a little biased if I said it was a good signing so I'll leave that to the people who comment on this article.

[Image: 8yd8pZS.png]
S45 - NICKOLAS KLAUS - 559 TPE
@Noble
S47 Regular Season Statistics: 50 GP // 10 G // 9 A // 19 PTS
Movement: Chiefs - > Barracuda
New Contract: 2 Yr / $7,000,000 ( 3.5M / 3.5M)

The Chiefs take another loss here as one of the pieces of their youth leave here. Klaus is a great young forward with a lot of SHL potential. By shedding his darkened and rapidly multiplying past, he has turned into a very respectable SHL handler who builds good players. He brings another punch of youth into the Barracuda, who are looking to make waves (no pun intended) in the SHL with their youth. So, in a way, this is a perfect signing for the Barracuda. I personally really, really like this signing. This has the potential to play off great long-term for the Barracuda if they can keep a positive relationship with the young winger.

Tough loss for the Chiefs on this one. Hold this L, ugly.

[Image: 5MzB26E.png]
S44 - DEAN COLT III - 503 TPE
@Mac
S47 Regular Season Statistics: 50 GP // 7 G // 6 A // 13 PTS
Movement: Chiefs - > Blizzard
New Contract: 3 Yr / $6,000,000 ( 2M / 2M / 2M)  

The L's keep coming, as the Chiefs lose Dean Colt III to the Edmonton Blizzard. Colt is another young player that is leaving Minnesota, leaving the Chiefs high and dry on this occasion. Even though he's kind of a depth player at this point, the Blizzard are making a long-term investment on that, and it shows with the 3 season deal. This has the potential to be one of the best moves out of this free agent class if Colt keeps improving. Getting a good center signed for 2M a season is a steal in today's SHL.

Nice signing, Blizzard.

[Image: orrTfYD.png]
S36 - CHIPPY CHICKLETS - 800 TPE
@Whikadoodle
S47 Regular Season Statistics: 50 GP // 3 G // 19 A // 22 PTS
Movement: Blizzard - > Wolfpack
New Contract: 1 Yr / $4,500,000

Now, it's time to go the other way as Chippy Chicklets is leaving the Blizzard to the New England Wolfpack. Chicklets is one of the draft picks made by NEW GM Erik Chisling while he was a GM in Edmonton, so it only makes sense for him to come back to the GM that had drafted him. With that being said, this is not a long-term solution for the Wolfpack as Chicklets is retiring after this season. For a team that is rebuilding, it is a good signing that gives the youth some veteran leadership in the locker room and allows players to learn from a defenceman who is more experienced and who has done it all before, including winning a Challenge Cup.

Good signing.

[Image: KSKcVgX.png]
S44 - DIONYZ VYSKOC - 1006 TPE
@artemis
S47 Regular Season Statistics: 50 GP // 14 G // 18 A // 32 PTS
Movement: pride - > Stars
New Contract: 3 Year / $9,000,000 ( 3M / 3M / 3M)  

This might be one of the only situations in this free agency class where a player is pushed out because of salary issues. With the Pride looking to make their team younger, it made Vyskoc the odd man out. However, it's not all bad for either party, since Vyskoc was very happy to have ended in Toronto, and will get a chance to be a massive part of Toronto's top players as the North Stars make a push for the Challenge Cup. Like the Dean Colt deal, I think that this could be one of the better signings from this free agency class when we look back on it in 5-10 seasons and wonder where everyone went.

Nice signing.

General Thoughts:
- Minnesota got absolutely buttfucked by that punishment. Really tough to see that happen but it did have to happen because of the punishment in the rulebook. Sucks that the players left because of it but I definitely understand why it all went down the way it did.
- Fun free agent class. Definitely got some movement so that's nice.

What teams won free agency? What teams lost free agency? Interested to know what y'all think.

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

I mean, we all know which team took the fattest L

New Minny management, my condolences

[Image: ProjectSaint.gif]
Sig Credit: Flappy (EVO) and Skolpaddor (RESO)

EMEKA VALENTINE-OKOLI/PLAYER

First SMJHL Goal: Colorado Raptors, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Mikelis Ozoliņš 4, Loki Odinsson 3) at 3:12, 2nd Period (GWG) / SMJHL S47 Game 47 Day 12: Colorado Raptors vs Detroit Falcons
First SHL Goal: Texas Renegades, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Josef Kubinec 5, Ricky Spanish 4) at 16:23, 2nd Period / SHL S51 Game 71 Day 16: Edmonton Blizzard vs Texas Renegades

Eternal RaptorsRaptors Old, onwards we roll Rage

And Let's Retire at the Pinnacle

Great article, crutch.

Missing Joseph Lombardi Blizzard -> pride tho

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

06-09-2019, 08:02 PMGrapehead Wrote: Great article, crutch.

ya

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

06-09-2019, 08:02 PMGrapehead Wrote: Great article, crutch.

Good look I’ll have to edit that in

i'm not on there? this is dicked up

Fuck man, hope Minny can bounce back quickly.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

06-09-2019, 09:09 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: Fuck man, hope Minny can bounce back quickly.

Yeah they got boned pretty hard honestly, I feel like if they didn’t get punished then most if not all of those players would have stayed

But that’s also me putting words into ppls mouths

Personally, my move wasn't really because of the punishment. It was reversed (or reimbursed or whatever) before I made the move. I did it because amidst a busy real life schedule playing high level lacrosse and leading a music career, I wanted to be somewhere that I could be semi-active until life slowed down. Knowing @Jepox irl and being close friends with him meant that Tampa was the best option, so that's where I took it. If they hadn't reached out, I would have gladly stayed.

[Image: Klaus2.jpg]

06-09-2019, 09:26 PMNoble Wrote: Personally, my move wasn't really because of the punishment. It was reversed (or reimbursed or whatever) before I made the move. I did it because amidst a busy real life schedule playing high level lacrosse and leading a music career, I wanted to be somewhere that I could be semi-active until life slowed down. Knowing @Jepox irl and being close friends with him meant that Tampa was the best option, so that's where I took it. If they hadn't reached out, I would have gladly stayed.

That’s totally fair man. I hope it didn’t come across like I was throwing shade or anything I just wanted to touch on the free agents who moved teams this season.

Hope things are well for you!