Create Account

Bohne's Draft Day

The day of the draft was finally here. Having been through this process once already, Bohne decided that he would just relax and let the day play out as it was. The armchair GM's of the league spent their day coming up with mock drafts, changing them on the Fly, and talking to each other trying to figure out who would be going where. While browsing them early in the day, he noticed that he wasn't listed in the top 20 on any of those mock drafts. Perhaps it was the fact that he would only play for two teams, or perhaps it was the fact that everyone knew that he has possibility of flaking out on the team. Whatever it was, Bohne begrudgingly accepted it.

As the day went on people got more frantic and tried to get more creative in coming up with ways to figure out who was getting drafted where. Their mock drafts weren't right, and that was starting to bother people. Bohne had a pretty good idea of where he would go, but didn't want to let anyone know just how sure he was. The fact that he only wanted to play for two teams and had good relationships with both of those teams, he had a very good idea that he would be in the top 10. Then the rumors really started.

Most people had Colorado locked in as picking Kimmy. He had a very recent history with the team, was a former Co General Manager, and everyone knows the Colorado loves him. What many people didn't know, was that by wanting to stay down for the full Five Seasons Bohne was slightly higher on their radar.

Finally, just hours before the draft, Detroit pulled the trigger on trading for the first overall pick to ensure that they would grab their man. And with that it set forth Bohne's time in Colorado.

" I am honored to be drafted by Colorado, and I hope that in the next five seasons I can help them win multiple cups. As I said when I first came back to to hockey, I would only play for two teams. Colorado was one of these dates. Anaheim was the other. Aside from being so excited to be in Colorado and a part of a franchise that means so much to be as the Raptors do, I'm even more happy that they were able to draft Heat Siecker! He is a very highly touted prospect, and I'm elated to know that we'll be playing together. Overall this was a very solid draft by the management team in Colorado, and I think it has set us up in a very good position for Seasons to come. I look forward to the future, and hope to be a major contributor to the cup run."

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

Raptors

[Image: O8HREwL.png]

Raptors Canada pride
Player Page - Update Page