Create Account

PT 3 - Player Progression

CK = Checking: 40
FG = Fighting: 25
DI = Discipline: 62
SK = Skating: 70
ST = Strength: 61
EN = Endurance: 70
DU = Durability: 50 (do not add TPE here, injuries are turned off)
PH = Puck Handling: 60
FO = Face Offs: 40
PA = Passing: 70
SC = Scoring: 87
DF = Defense: 73
PS = Penalty Shot: 40
-----------------------------

This is my proposed build for when I approach 350 TPE, and while it may seem like I am straying away from my original plan to build a pure scorer one has to take into account the nature of the STHS sim engine. The STHS sim engine is a probability metric and thus raising scoring alone may not make me a better scorer than having my passing slightly underneath my scoring. Additionally since I started off with very high scoring any updates I will have to round off my player will inevitably have a very high ROI making me enjoy every update I make as it would have inexplicable dividends for my player. Additionally, I look to make my player better on both ends as defense is extremely important for goal scoring (somehow) and thus being strong and solid defensively will help my scoring. I do hope that when I hit 350 TPE I could be a great SMJHL player unlike my previous player at 350 TPE

Points Available: 0
CK = Checking: 41
SK = Skating: 80
ST = Strength: 60
EN = Endurance: 62
PH = Puck Handling: 72
PA = Passing: 75
SC = Scoring: 70
DF = Defense: 80

Wolfe for me is two-way, that's how I've wanted to make him from the get-go, and so this build at 350 TPE would allow me to really flourish for that kind of build. I want Wolfe to be very fast and defensively reliable so his defense and skating both go to 80 which will be his highest attys. His puck handling, passing and skating all get a nice boost to also help on the offensive side without being too flashy, he's got enough points into each major category to be effective there. I also put up points in strength so that I can use his big body presence to win puck battles and to ensure he doesn't get dummied every single possession, also making sure he doesn't turn-over the puck. Endurance will be the next focus, it's a little low but I'm still a rookie at this point or close to it and my penalty shot and checking are not touched as I do not want to be that type of d-man plus defenders primarily are not used on the penalty shot.

Points Available: 0
CK = Checking: 50
ST = Strength: 65
PH = Puck Handling: 65
SC = Scoring: 80
DF = Defense: 70
PS = Penalty Shot: 45

TPE: 350
-------------------------------

I envision Jastik Janorksson as a player with a complete offensive game, who still manages to be elusive despite his size. This is my first player build, so I'm kind of learning as I go, but I figured I would focus on a good skater with great hands who can also make plays for better scorers - as such, Scoring, Skating and Passing have been my primary attributes, but I've also sunk a fair amount of TPE into Defense so Jastik doesn't become a complete defensive liability. For future upgrades, I would likely keep focusing on those three primary categories, but also would make an effort to increase the puck handling stat to complement Janorksson's smooth skating and to help him deflect pucks on net. Endurance would be another secondary statistic I'd like to pump up with some TPE to give Janorksson a boost late in games and hopefully have him be a guy his coach can turn to in clutch situations.

CK = Checking:64
FG = Fighting: 50
DI = Discipline: 80
SK = Skating: 85
ST = Strength: 62
EN = Endurance: 80
PH = Puck Handling: 77
FO = Face Offs: 70
PA = Passing: 78
SC = Scoring: 93
DF = Defense: 82
PS = Penalty Shot: 67

TPE: 350

As a sniper, it's my duty to put pucks in the net. While my defence would still need a bit of tweaking, I kept getting pushed into increasing that rating because if I don't have defence, I apparently can't score.

SK = Skating: 72
ST = Strength: 40
EN = Endurance: 50
PH = Puck Handling: 80
PA = Passing: 71
SC = Scoring: 81

I am making this my build when I cap for various reasons, I want Jazz to be a shot-generating machine so first I need to be in position take the shot so having 80 defense will allow me to be position when to shot or tip the puck in the back of the net, I have 72 skatings which will make me average speed in the SMJHL, 50 endurance is realistically all you need. Puck Handling will help me tip shots on the PP and be a good net-front presence on the power-play or just be a better guy on the power-play. 81 scoring will give me one of the highest scoring ratings in the SMJHL and will allow me to allow finish any pass that I have recieve from my linemates. 71 passing will allow me to pas sthe puck when need to set-up any linemates efficiently,I might not be the best passer.

154 words

CK = Checking: 75
SK = Skating: 75
ST = Strength: 55
EN = Endurance: 60
PH = Puck Handling: 70
PA = Passing: 80
SC = Scoring: 60
DF = Defense: 70

My goal is to create a physical offensive defenseman in the same vein as someone like Torey Krug. This build at 350 gives me a solid base to work off of towards the SHL, however, also gives me a strong build for SMJHL play with good passing ability, skating, and checking. Since the simulation is largely decision-based, I would like to keep a gap between my passing, scoring, and puck handling stats, and here I have that gap set at 80 passing, 70 puck handling, and 60 scoring. This ensures that my player is rarely confused when handling the puck in the simulation, however, also allows him the flexibility to be effective as both a playmaker and a scorer. Checking set to 75 should be enough to accrue a gaudy hit total in the SMJHL, while defense, strength, and endurance are left at a sturdy base I can grow off of.

[Image: eyM9Y3U.png]

[Image: 2gotrRl.png]

CK = Checking: 43
SK = Skating: 71
DU = Durability: 50
PA = Passing: 60
SC = Scoring: 82
PS = Penalty Shot: 42

My build probably won't end up looking like this due to Equipment purchases and just general distraction, but this is about where I'd want to be. I did a dry run of this player type in the GOMHL, making a sniper by just focusing on one attribute at a time. That took a bit for her to really be functional, so clearly I probably need to spread it around throughout. At the same time, maybe I don't need to pump up certain attributes I have here getting love like Puck Handling and Skating. Maybe I could just focus on Scoring after I get Defense to 80. Really, the only two attributes that matter to me right now are Scoring and Defense. I've learned from IHL that Skating is important too beside the decision-factor thing, but at such a low level it would be really OP to have 90 scoring in the SMJHL.

[Image: KouSaotomeUndraftedSigSmol.png]
Jamie T Wrote:But I wish I'd been a little more exceptional
And I wish I'd been a little unconventional
But I was not enough, no, I'm not enough

CK = Checking: 60
FG = Fighting: 27
DI = Discipline: 73
ST = Strength: 60
EN = Endurance: 55
PH = Puck Handling: 65
SC = Scoring: 67
DF = Defense: 76
PS = Penalty Shot: 55

Strengths: Passing, Defense, Discipline
Weakness: Checking
----------------
As a player, I hope to be a player that takes pride and ability in smart defense, but also reliable offensive production in the form of assists. I look to others to score, but knowing that I am a stable passer is more important than the luxury of being a goal-scorer. I hope to get larger, so my checking and strength are things I aim to get better as my career rolls on, as this game is only getting bigger, stronger, and it’s getting a whole lot faster. As for Discipline, I like to think I’m a nice person, but on the ice it has to be a different story. Sadly, I have some problems with penalties, and I hope to improve my on-ice behavior. All in all, I hope to become an efficient and reliable defenseman, and if I can achieve that, I’ll certainly have a stellar SHL career.

(word count: 150)

[Image: TRVzgUB.png]

GrizzliesGrizzliesGrizzliesMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchs

shl-oldshl-oldshl-oldUsaUsaMonarchsMonarchs

PROPOSED BUILD (350 TPE)
CK = Checking: 60
ST = Strength: 70
DU = Durability: 50
SC = Scoring: 53
DF = Defense: 83

JUSTIFICATION: As a two-way defenseman, I think it is important to assist the offense in any way possible, without forgetting my primary job… lay the hurt on opposing players and keep the puck out of our net. Scoring is great and the ability to push the puck into the offensive zone is valuable, but fundamentally I must always place priority on solid, fundamental defense. With that in mind, I think it is critical in my 350 TPE build-out to place as much emphasis as possible on my defense rating to ensure I stay in a good position to react quickly and avoid a break out when I’m in the offensive zone. Emphasis on Puck Handling and Checking also helps to ensure that I’m able to knock players off the puck, if need be, or lay my body on the line to keep the puck from even getting to the net. Ultimately, I think I have shown through this build that I emphasize my defensive tasks over offense and that I am willing to assume risk in the offensive zone if it means more hits, more blocked shots and less goals against.

(words = 190)

WolfpackBlizzardRaptors  raiders Switzerland  FINN RHYS  Switzerland raiders Raptors Blizzard Wolfpack

[Image: hockey__27674.1518661372.1000.1200.jpg?c=2]

[Image: iOjAcRd.gif]

Kahn PBE PT

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

CK = Checking: 70
DI = Discipline: 67
ST = Strength: 70
EN = Endurance: 53
PH = Puck Handling: 75
PA = Passing: 76
SC = Scoring: 40

The three keys of being a successful player at the SMJHL Level which helps in the future once called up to the SHL. Which are Puck Handling, your strength in which in my case would be Passing and Defense of course as a Defensive Defencemen Player Type. Which leaves the other three sub strengths in which for Prince Devitt being a fiesty shooter from the Republic of Ireland would obviously be Checking, Strength and Skating all being evened out at a 70 with Discipline at 67 so he can avoid being in the sin bin too often, in which he's had a problem with in his rookie season so far. He's looking to wear the body down but then be able to start the counter attack immediately and effectively through the neutral zone, the most important part of the ice for defenders. You can either be caught in the neutral zone/the top of the offence zone pinching too hard or a missed timed check or left flat footed. And that's what Prince Devitt wants the least.

(177 Words)

[Image: Crossfit.gif]

[Image: CFJ1.gif]

Thanks to prettyburn, TML, Carpy, JNH, Jepox, Engi, Karey, Flappy, Skolpadder, Mook, DollarAndADream, Smirnov and Toe for the sigs.

Code:
Crossfit's First Career SHL Goal, 4. Manhattan Rage , Crossfit Jesus 1 (Pedro Sarantez, Nucky Toohoots) at 5:51

Code:
Devitt's First Career SHL Goal, 5. Calgary Dragons , Prince Devitt 1 (Barry Batsbak 21, Mike Izzy 14) at 10:43

Checking - 40
Fighting - 25
Discipline - 62
Skating - 68
Strength - 60
Endurance - 65
Puck Handling - 70
Faceoffs - 67
Passing - 80
Scoring - 69
Defense - 78
Penalty Shot - 40

--------------------------------------

The type of player I'm aiming to build is a pass-first, defensively responsible center. For that reason, I wanted my highest stats to be Passing, Defense and Puck-Handling. I've been working this season to build up some of my more minor stats like Strength and Endurance, while aiming for closing out the season by dumping most of my TPE into Passing and Faceoffs. I've never really had much interest in building a more physical player so I don't plan to touch up on my Checking, Fighting and Discipline very much, that aspect of the game has never really appealed to me. My last player I pushed for 85 scoring and found my whole build to be incredible off balance, so now I'm pushing for a bit more balance on Skao Anazibf, basically going for mid 60s on most of my stats (ie. Skating, Strength, Endurance, Faceoffs, Scoring etc). Finally, I had been toying around with how big of a difference I wanted between my passing and scoring, I've heard some say 15 is best, and some say 5 is good, so I settled for a close to middle ground at about 11 points of difference, hoping that keeps my offense consistent! (201 Words)

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**

I wish I could tell you what I was thinking for my final build but honestly it depends a lot on how the team grows and develops and what sort of things are needed from me as a player. For all I know next season my passion may not be as necessary as it is today, therefore I would not want my build to be passing focused, but purely scoring.

If I were given a gun that was pointed at my head my final build would be something along the lines of this though.

Checking: 40
Fighting: 25
Discipline: 63
Skating: 70
Strength: 70
Endurance: 65
Durability: 50
Puck Handling: 65
Face offs: 70
Scoring: 65
Passing: 75
Defense: 75
Penalty shot: 40

I’ll be honest though, I didn’t have time to open the player building tool and this was all just from guessing. Though I do imagine my final build will be something in the realm of the explanation I gave.

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-29-2019, 03:47 PM by Winter is Coming.)

Project Build:

PH = Puck Handling: 77
SC = Scoring: 80
DF = Defense: 75

This is simply a projected build that I kind of made up in my head while thinking about this PT, so it’s absolutely subject to change and likely will by the time I reach the 350 TPE cap. That being said, Cody was always intended to be a score first winger, and I feel as if my production in the sim engine as of now reflects that initial intention.

I’m personally a fan of improving several key attributes, as opposed to focusing on just two or three that you might get to a very high level. However, it’s important that one of the most important attributes that affects your actions in the sim engine remain at the highest level compared to all the other skills. As evidenced above, it’s why I have my scoring higher than my passing, skating, etc. I believe this to be the most effective strategy in getting the exact type of player you want in the sim engine (although it’s far from guaranteed as many people will tell you about their past players), whether that be a sniper, more of a playmaker, or a balanced approach offensively.

I would also just state that I personally find endurance to be an important attribute as it can have an impact on your overall performance, regardless of how high a particular skill might be. It’s why I always like to have my initial build have that skill at around at least sixty when starting, and closer to seventy when at the TPE cap in the SMJHL.

Code:
259 words not including the build itself.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]
ShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUk
Player Page || Update Page

[Image: SMJHL_S48_PT_3_-_Trading_Card_v3.png]

[Image: leblaVa.gif]
Shoutout to @adamantium for the sig! <3