Create Account

Bitties Interview - What's Next?
(This post was last modified: 06-25-2019, 10:03 AM by Ace.)

[Image: video-cat-placeholder.jpg]

Tigole Bitties, coming off of the best personal season he has had in the SHL, has provided a one on one interview regarding his career and his future with us here at NESN, New England Sports Network.

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

“Tigole, you just were awarded with the Stevens Trophy and a first team All Star nod. What do these accolades mean to you?”

“I’m honored. I’ve been at this for nearly 10 seasons now and I’ve seen far more lows than highs, so I am immensely appreciative of the honor that the awards committee and all-star committee bestowed upon me. Things haven’t been all sunshine and rainbows in New England for the past few seasons, and we still have a couple more years of having our hands full before things really turn around like they did in Edmonton when I was with the Blizzard, so this was a nice way of breaking up the disappointments.”

“You mentioned disappointments – what are your thoughts on what the New England Wolfpack have been doing during this rebuild?”

“From the team perspective, they have been doing all the right things. Keep building future assets, build a culture that wants to not just lean on each other, but raise each other up higher than what they’d be alone. We have a tremendously fun group of guys that all want to see each other succeed, and that drive to be better is creating competition internally and everyone wants to show that they can be the best. When that happens, it’s not the name on the back of the sweater that benefits, it’s the name on the front.”

“But what about you? You are definitely someone that doesn’t really… fit the team in regards to age.”

“Are you calling me old? Ha! I certainly have seen my highest TPE days pass me, but it’s not like I am halfway into the broadcast booth or front office. I still plan on having a long career ahead of me. I’m not talking Esa Anrikkanen numbers, hell, that guy played twenty nine seasons. But I’m in my 11th season in the SHL and I could see myself playing another eight to ten seasons and still being able to contribute in a meaningful way with these guys. I also take this role that I am in with a lot of pride. These guys are coming up into a league eager to prove themselves, that the team did the right thing by selecting them over their peers, but the SHL is a different beast entirely. They’re going to face adversity, they’re going to have unforeseen challenges. I’ve been there. My agent has been there. I have the experience and I can help guide them as they acclimate to the daily rigors of being a SHL player. Watching the development of guys like Guy Zheng, Perry Morgan, Dick Clapper, Rafe Ulrich, our goalie Johannes Leitner, even my defense partner Maximilian Egger. It’s been absolutely rewarding for me to see them come so far. We have to keep pushing each other, keep getting better and that’s the only way we can get New England back to where they should be, a perennial contender.”

“That’s great Tigole. Of the prospects that are in the pipeline, which have caught your eye the most?”

“I still think of the seven guys that made their debuts this season as prospects, and there’s a bunch. Most notably I have to say Gordie Boomhover has been an absolute stud and is stepping in and playing on our top line. It wouldn’t surprise me if he went on a run and ended up capturing the Jesster Trophy for the top rookie of the year in the entire league this season. He’s a very cerebral player at the center position. He treats is a lot differently than I did when I was in the middle of the ice. I was very much a shoot-first guy, always looking for offense, and Gordie is not necessarily looking for the best chance for a goal, but the best way to sustain puck possession and cycle the puck to create a better shooting chance than just a shot on goal and crash the net scenario. It’s fascinating to watch him work, and he’s going to be a good one by the time he is done with the SHL. It wouldn’t surprise me if he puts together a hall-of-fame season.”

“What about the younger guys? I know Gordie made his rookie debut, but he is a Season 46 draftee.”

“Eko van Otter spends more time in the video room with the coaching staff than any rookie I’ve seen in my career. If he remains this much of a student of the game, it’ll be like having a fourth member of the coaching staff on the bench. His game is still super raw and at risk of sounding too negative, the game is a bit over his head right now, but he’s quickly figuring it all out and I have no doubt he’ll get there.”

“Well said, Tigole. With that eight to ten seasons in mind, what’s next for you?”

“I haven’t put a whole lot of thought behind that. Maybe I go back to Greenland and help my father on the dairy farm. Maybe I get into the agent business. Maybe I don’t hang them up after 10 seasons, maybe I do end up going on an Esa type binge and play until I have to turn my skates in for a wheelchair on the way to the retirement home. I’m not quite sure.”

“On a more positive note, have you had any players from your homeland that you’re keeping an eye on?”

“There has been, actually! He’s not a defenseman or a forward though, there’s a young goaltender in my hometown named Frans Eller that is turning heads. A goaltender’s development path is nothing close to certain or on the rails, but I’ve already alerted New England management to keep an eye out. Leitner can only play for so long, and it’s always good to have a future netminder in mind.”

“We’ll have to keep an eye on him in the coming drafts. How old is he?”

“Oh, he’s still a wee thing – I’d expect Eller to enter the SHL draft around S58-S60.”

“Oh, so he’s really far off. Fascinating. We’ll keep an eye out!”

“Don’t give him too much attention, I don’t want it getting to his head.”

“We won’t, as far as we’re concerned we won’t even approach him until a couple years before his draft. Thanks Tigole for your time and good luck this year.”

“Thank you.”

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

When you changed position to defense, why did you get plastic surgery to change your face to that of a younger and chubbier bonafide stallion?

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

06-25-2019, 10:09 AMSlashACM Wrote: When you changed position to defense, why did you get plastic surgery to change your face to that of a younger and chubbier bonafide stallion?
Just happened naturally. Kind of like Sammy Sosa turning white.

06-25-2019, 10:10 AMAce Wrote:
06-25-2019, 10:09 AMSlashACM Wrote: When you changed position to defense, why did you get plastic surgery to change your face to that of a younger and chubbier bonafide stallion?
Just happened naturally. Kind of like Sammy Sosa turning white.

So you did steriods

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

06-25-2019, 10:20 AMSlashACM Wrote:
06-25-2019, 10:10 AMAce Wrote: Just happened naturally. Kind of like Sammy Sosa turning white.

So you did steriods
TPE roids, you should try it

This kid's fucking jacked. Thick, dense, built whatever you wanna call him he's got it. Legs thicker than my chest, and shoulders wider than my wingspan. Making full use of his frame and with the golden flow to top it off. He dwarfed us all. Bonafide stallion.

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

tigole bitties scarecrows legend ya yeet

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

that's a nice interview, right there. you definitely can squeeze a couple of more seasons in!

do have any tips for upcoming SHL rookies in regards to maintaining the level of longevity in the league that you have shown?

[Image: ontanis.gif]

[Image: 6by0kBi.png] [Image: YztPk3T.png]
thanks to @Wasty, @Bruins10, @Carpy48 and @iRockstar for the sigs!

06-26-2019, 08:14 AMontanis Wrote: that's a nice interview, right there. you definitely can squeeze a couple of more seasons in!

do have any tips for upcoming SHL rookies in regards to maintaining the level of longevity in the league that you have shown?
It's hard, but if you want to last a while in this league, 10+ seasons, you have to build a real strong bank of TPE so you can combat regression effectively. If there's a TPE opportunity, chase it. Be among the top 5-10 guys in your class. Stay motivated. Don't settle for anything less than the best. Once you hit regression, it hurts seeing so much of that number come off the top, but if you have enough "spare" you can fight off 3-4 seasons before it actually eats into your final build.