Create Account

The Specters Extend Their Brick Wall

The New Orleans Specters are proud to announce that they’ve comes to terms on a contract extension with franchise goaltender Aleister Cain. The contract is for the next 3 seasons with an AAV of $4 million dollars per season. He has also requested that he gets a 1 team NTC to Buffalo. Also, as per terms of the deal, I have to write this long signing message, which I will, gladly. I also have to play ‘chel’ with the boys at some point.

Cain has been a main stay for New Orleans since their inception. He came to the team early on, as he was taken first overall in the S46 SHL Expansion Draft. Originally drafted into the SHL by the Edmonton Blizzard, Cain showed promise early on. However, expansion came into play and the Blizzard made the agonizing choice to go with Tommy Tuck, leaving Cain exposed. Aleister became a top target for New Orleans, as his close relationship with Specters GM Joe Kurczewski played a major role in the team wanting to get him on board. If you remember, Cain was taken 89th overall in the SMJHL by the St. Louis Scarecrows when Joe K was running the team. Cain and Joe K also played together in S45 on the Blizzard team.

In S46, with Cain in his first starting role, he lit the SHL on fire. Cain led the Specters all the way to the Challenge Cup Finals before losing in Game 7 to his nemesis Cedric Robinson and the Buffalo Stampede. Cain was clearly the league’s top goaltender in S46, posting a 26 – 16 – 2 record. He was second in the SHL in wins (although the leader had 27 wins in 48 games played, Cain only played 44), and he lead the league in shut outs with 4. He was second in the league with a 91.5% save percentage and he lead the league in his goals against average, clocking in with a 2.49, which was .12 better than anyone else in the league. Somehow, the awards committee all had strokes at the same time when they saw that Tampa Bay made the playoffs, and they gave the McBride (for Goalie of the year) to Benjamin Blue instead. As if that weren’t bad enough, Cain had the misfortune of not counting as a rookie during what should have been his rookie season, due to some stupid rule that him playing over 15 backup games caused him to lose his rookie status when he really shouldn’t have. Instead of walking away with two awards and a Challenge Cup in his first year as a starter, Cain walked away empty handed but with a very big chip on his shoulder. And it seems as though the Head Office is aware of how Cain should’ve been considered a rookie, and they’re currently considering changing the rule to having a player lose his rookie status after he’s played in his 19th game, giving goalies 3 seasons of being a backup. So, at the very least, we may end up having the “Aleister Cain Rule” so no other players can get “Cained” soon enough.

S47 wasn’t nearly as kind to Aleister as he would’ve liked it to be. While he still amassed a fantastic 28 – 13 – 3 record, Cain’s numbers certainly dipped. He ended up with a 2.82 Goals Against Average, a 90.3 save percentage, and only got 2 shutouts. His numbers wouldn’t get much better in the playoffs, and two OT losses showed the Specters the door in 7 games to an inferior Texas team. Many people inside the locker room suggested that Cain was still hung up on the failures of the last season, and put most of the blame on himself, which couldn’t be further from the truth. Game 7 wasn’t his fault in the loss to Buffalo, the awards committee made a mistake with Blue, and the rulebook stopped him from being a considered a rookie when he should’ve been one. Nevertheless, Cain took it personally and very hard.

S48, however, is starting to show us that the real Aleister Cain is coming back. After a bit of a rough start, Cain allowed only 6 goals in a 5 game span, helping the Specters rocket up the standings. Cain currently (as of press time) sits with an 11 – 8 – 2 record, with a 90.9 save percentage, a 2.85 Goals Against Average and 2 shutouts in 21 games. While they aren’t the numbers he’d want, he’s been one of the league’s hottest goaltenders as of late. With New Orleans trotting out 4 rookies this season, including two defensemen, Cain is doing more himself as the newbies make more mistakes in front of him.

As much fun as it is to have Aleister on the ice, where he truly excels is in the locker room. While rules will not allow him to wear an A or the C, he has taken it upon himself to be a leader for the team inside the LR. Cain is always online, ready to keep conversations going with everyone on the team. He’s always there to help people when they need some advice, or someone to listen to. He’s made everyone on the team a player card. He’s always talking with other players, offering to do podcasts with them in an attempt to get them some money to help with their training. He truly cares about the team and the locker room culture within it. He was worth taking with the top pick in the expansion draft, and I’d do it all over again if I could. He’s been a great friend, and while a lot of people on the site may not see that, that’s their loss. He’s an important part of the Specters franchise, and while his player helps with that, having Slash around to be the glue that keeps us together is something that I couldn’t put a price on. He makes everyone feel like they matter, and that’s one of his most underrated traits. It was on full display when he was given the chance to run his own hockey team in another league, and I’m glad that he brought those skills over here to New Orleans. I’m happy to call him my friend, and I’m happy to be able to have him in the locker room for the forseeable future.

Thanks for staying home @SlashACM !!

Aleister Cain Specters
S49: $4,000,000 (NTC to Buffalo)
S50: $4,000,000 (NTC to Buffalo)
S51: $4,000,000 (NTC to Buffalo)

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

i like this. spooky noisessss

Vadim Askerov Player Page
Vadim Askerov Update Thread

accept

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

You forgot the /s in the title

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

Great signing!

Specters

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26

Should submit this to media at least to collect on that shit

Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]
[Image: AceIn603.gif]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

06-27-2019, 07:31 AMAce Wrote: Should submit this to media at least to collect on that shit

lol seriously

06-27-2019, 08:30 AMJR95 Wrote:
06-27-2019, 07:31 AMAce Wrote: Should submit this to media at least to collect on that shit

lol seriously

Now u know how many words u need to re sign me

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

TLDR

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

06-26-2019, 09:20 PMSerpe x 13 Wrote: i like this. spooky noisessss

do you mean .... SKREEEEEEEEEEEEE?

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-27-2019, 05:30 PM by PenKnight.)

06-27-2019, 04:48 PMCampinKiller Wrote: TLDR

I love this guy in Montreal but if I see him in the SHL... it ends with me putting him in the wall!!

06-27-2019, 04:51 PMTnlAstatine Wrote:
06-26-2019, 09:20 PMSerpe x 13 Wrote: i like this. spooky noisessss

do you mean .... SKREEEEEEEEEEEEE?

Wash your mouth out with soap

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

Processed.

Vadim Askerov Player Page
Vadim Askerov Update Thread