Create Account

ThatDamnMcJesus/Confusion Regression Penalties

Hello SHL,

Two fun regression-related things for you today.

The first is related to ThatDamnMcJesus, who started the season with an un-regressed build, and failed to correct it until a few days into the season. Upon noticing the error in his build, Hallsy contacted the updaters to get the issue resolved and informed the Head Office of the situation.

Because of this, Ben Dover will be suspended 7 games, the equivalent number of games that were played before the corrected build was submitted. The suspension began with the sim on Wednesday June 26th, so as of posting there are 3 remaining games in his suspension following today’s sim.

Another situation, this time from the Chicago Syndicate, the user Confusion completed his regression incorrectly, then attempted to fix it again incorrectly, before finally getting a correct build submitted. Because he appeared to attempt to correct the error (twice) this was a different situation from the one above.

As such, Fedor Shirobokov has been suspended four games for attempting to circumvent regression, and will be docked 14 TPE which is twice the amount errored as determined by discussions with the updaters and the head office’s best understanding of the situation (which is in line with previous regression circumvention penalties).

The suspension began with today’s sim, so two games remain.

Both the Syndicate GM and Confusion have been notified about this, and have chosen to appeal the TPE penalty.

Moving forward the plan will be to have the updaters list which players have had regression denied, which will allow the head office to more easily track errors with regression. The action taken will be to suspend all of those players from the regular season until proper builds are submitted by either themselves or the GMs in order that this issue can (hopefully) be avoided in the future.

On behalf of the SHL Head Office,

Eggy216
Shl

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

Missed bend over pun imo

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

06-27-2019, 11:29 AMDangles13 Wrote: Missed bend over pun imo

Agreed, total missed opportunity

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-27-2019, 11:57 AM by Fordyford.)

Well I may be dumb but these punishments don’t seem to make much sense compared to each other.

[Image: 58170_v.gif]
[Image: 58170_s.gif]
Thanks to @Carpy48 , @sköldpaddor, @Weretarantula, @Bruins10  and @Wasty  for sigs
Extra special thanks to @Julio Tokolosh for the sick gif one

06-27-2019, 11:48 AMFordyford Wrote: Well I may be dumb

say no more fam

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

06-27-2019, 11:48 AMFordyford Wrote: Well I may be dumb but these punishments don’t seem to make much sense compared to each other.

It’s weird because they’re two unique situations that fall under the same umbrella of “regression”. That’s also why the suspensions started on different days even though they were announced together - we had the one figured out, but were struggling to sort out the second.

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

06-27-2019, 12:46 PMEggy216 Wrote:
06-27-2019, 11:48 AMFordyford Wrote: Well I may be dumb but these punishments don’t seem to make much sense compared to each other.

It’s weird because they’re two unique situations that fall under the same umbrella of “regression”. That’s also why the suspensions started on different days even though they were announced together - we had the one figured out, but were struggling to sort out the second.

So is the docking of TPE for getting regression incorrect, but you don't get TPE docked for just not doing regression at all? that seems... weird...

[Image: 58170_v.gif]
[Image: 58170_s.gif]
Thanks to @Carpy48 , @sköldpaddor, @Weretarantula, @Bruins10  and @Wasty  for sigs
Extra special thanks to @Julio Tokolosh for the sick gif one

Disgusting abuse of power by HO

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

i'm sorry for any inconvinience i didn't do it with any bad intention i thought i'm fine

[Image: P9htSSf.png]
[Image: Sr4Rvg.gif]

#TeamFuhrby
#knightsknation

06-27-2019, 01:10 PMFordyford Wrote:
06-27-2019, 12:46 PMEggy216 Wrote: It’s weird because they’re two unique situations that fall under the same umbrella of “regression”. That’s also why the suspensions started on different days even though they were announced together - we had the one figured out, but were struggling to sort out the second.

So is the docking of TPE for getting regression incorrect, but you don't get TPE docked for just not doing regression at all? that seems... weird...

Nah man, he "attempted to circumvent regression" by making an honest mistake, what a dirty cheater.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

06-27-2019, 01:19 PMJumpierPancakes Wrote: Disgusting abuse of power by HO

#JPforHO

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers
(This post was last modified: 06-27-2019, 01:42 PM by caltroit_red_flames.)

Bruh people already complaining about HO dishing out reasonable punishments

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

So we’re better off to not even bother than to try and then get it wrong? Makes sense

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

i can't believe this thread is still so civil

[Image: ontanis.gif]

[Image: 6by0kBi.png] [Image: YztPk3T.png]
thanks to @Wasty, @Bruins10, @Carpy48 and @iRockstar for the sigs!

Yeah I'm not entirely sure of the reasoning behind the TPE penalty in the second case.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]