Create Account

ThatDamnMcJesus/Confusion Regression Penalties

06-28-2019, 09:53 AMAvakael Wrote: Should also be noted that if you're having genuine trouble with your regression, ask for help. I managed to screw it up two weeks in a row this time around because I've been busy as hell and couldn't invest any time thinking about it. The help was helpful and it got sorted before the season was supposed to begin.

This right here

As an updater I would rather help you get your regression right and it go smooth than to walk into something messed up, passed the deadline and have to figure out the problems it causes outside of the update.

I'm sure most of us who have been doing updates for a while would be glad to take a look, not to mention your GM's.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

06-28-2019, 10:09 AMSpartanGibbles Wrote:
06-28-2019, 09:53 AMAvakael Wrote: Should also be noted that if you're having genuine trouble with your regression, ask for help. I managed to screw it up two weeks in a row this time around because I've been busy as hell and couldn't invest any time thinking about it. The help was helpful and it got sorted before the season was supposed to begin.

This right here

As an updater I would rather help you get your regression right and it go smooth than to walk into something messed up, passed the deadline and have to figure out the problems it causes outside of the update.

I'm sure most of us who have been doing updates for a while would be glad to take a look, not to mention your GM's.

I'm sure part of the issue is procrastinating on regression and then when it's wrong you're already out of time

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

06-28-2019, 07:56 AMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
06-28-2019, 06:04 AMBaelor Swift Wrote: Wait wait wait... I originally read this differently... So to put this into clearer terms...

ThatDamnMcJesus: Thought he did regression correctly but never submitted it
Confusion: Thought he did regression correctly but couldn't complete it correctly.

Both members did the same thing wrong: they did not complete their regression by the deadline.

Why does it now matter how the offense came about? In so many past punishments, the reason for the breaking of a rule, especially related to in-sim offenses, never mattered. It would be great to hear from HO why such different punishments were decided for what seem to be the exact same offense.

2 people killed someone accidently and get charged with manslaughter.

Person 1
How they killed the person: Drunk driving accident
Why it happened: Self medication through alcohol for depression

Person 2
How they killed the person: Shoves friend during a tussle, friend trips backward and hits head on cement ground
Why it happened: Friends got physical during a disagreement

The same crime technically, nobody really cares about why it happened right now (though maybe that says more about how America treats mental health issues that anything), but we probably all look at the drunk driver and think he's a piece of shit who killed someone through their stupidity while the 2nd case is the victim unfortunate circumstances.

That's not a very good comparison though, lol. This would be more like filing taxes. Both didn't do it correctly so if both do it correctly eventually, after the deadline, without being given an extension, they both are subject to the same late filing penalty.

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

06-28-2019, 11:31 AMBaelor Swift Wrote:
06-28-2019, 07:56 AMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: 2 people killed someone accidently and get charged with manslaughter.

Person 1
How they killed the person: Drunk driving accident
Why it happened: Self medication through alcohol for depression

Person 2
How they killed the person: Shoves friend during a tussle, friend trips backward and hits head on cement ground
Why it happened: Friends got physical during a disagreement

The same crime technically, nobody really cares about why it happened right now (though maybe that says more about how America treats mental health issues that anything), but we probably all look at the drunk driver and think he's a piece of shit who killed someone through their stupidity while the 2nd case is the victim unfortunate circumstances.

That's not a very good comparison though, lol. This would be more like filing taxes. Both didn't do it correctly so if both do it correctly eventually, after the deadline, without being given an extension, they both are subject to the same late filing penalty.

The "crimes" in your situation are similar, but "justice system" isn't. Since we're discussing the issues with the way punishment is decided I wouldn't say the tax analogy is better.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

06-28-2019, 11:37 AMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
06-28-2019, 11:31 AMBaelor Swift Wrote: That's not a very good comparison though, lol. This would be more like filing taxes. Both didn't do it correctly so if both do it correctly eventually, after the deadline, without being given an extension, they both are subject to the same late filing penalty.

The "crimes" in your situation are similar, but "justice system" isn't. Since we're discussing the issues with the way punishment is decided I wouldn't say the tax analogy is better.

Who uses alcohol for depression lol I just cut

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

06-28-2019, 12:03 PMSlashACM Wrote:
06-28-2019, 11:37 AMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: The "crimes" in your situation are similar, but "justice system" isn't. Since we're discussing the issues with the way punishment is decided I wouldn't say the tax analogy is better.

A lot of people unfortunately. It's a more culturally accepted way of dealing with issues than narcotics, and definitely in America it's more culturally accepted to drink yourself into a stupor rather than actually seek help. Generally if you know someone who regularly abuses alcohol to the point of being alcohol dependent it's coupled with some other form of mental illness. It'd be nice if we could get rid of the bullshit stigma surrounding mental illness so people don't feel embarrassed about getting real help.

"Results The report of alcohol self-medication of mood symptoms was associated with an increased odds of incident alcohol dependence at follow-up (adjusted odds ratio [AOR], 3.10; 95% CI, 1.55-6.19; P = .002) and persistence of dependence (AOR, 3.45; 95% CI, 2.35-5.08; P < .001). The population-attributable fraction was 11.9% (95% CI, 6.7%-16.9%) for incident dependence and 30.6% (95% CI, 24.8%-36.0%) for persistent dependence. Stratified analyses were conducted by age, sex, race/ethnicity, mood symptom severity, and treatment history for mood symptoms."

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamapsy...le/1684867 (Journal of the American Medical Association)

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

06-28-2019, 09:32 AMztevans Wrote:
06-28-2019, 09:16 AMPenKnight Wrote: I can't wait till the next Issue!

This HO stuff is fun... makes me think of SNL in the 90s... NEXT ISSUE!!

Granted, anything is more popular than giving people paddlings

Speak for yourself.....

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

This stuff didn't happen when daco was a gm.

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!

06-28-2019, 12:03 PMSlashACM Wrote:
06-28-2019, 11:37 AMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: The "crimes" in your situation are similar, but "justice system" isn't. Since we're discussing the issues with the way punishment is decided I wouldn't say the tax analogy is better.

atta boy

[Image: ontanis.gif]

[Image: 6by0kBi.png] [Image: YztPk3T.png]
thanks to @Wasty, @Bruins10, @Carpy48 and @iRockstar for the sigs!

06-28-2019, 10:11 AMSlashACM Wrote:
06-28-2019, 10:09 AMSpartanGibbles Wrote: This right here

I'm sure part of the issue is procrastinating on regression and then when it's wrong you're already out of time

Not in my case- I simply repeatedly cocked it up.

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]