Create Account

S48 PT #3 - Internal Affairs
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2019, 07:29 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

[Image: yYN0zcr.png]
@GoonerBear
@Mayuu
**S48 Suggestion Box Winners**

[Image: article_48812_2.jpg]

THIS PT IS FOR SHL PLAYERS AND SEND DOWNS. IT IS NOT FOR SMJHL ROOKIES.

The league is currently in a period of growth and with that some issues have arised which needs the leagues immediate attention!

Written task choices:
Pick 1 topic = 150 words or more
Pick 2 topics = 75 words or more each

Task Choice: 1 - A campaign for an SHL players association is in the works as some in the league believe that the needs of the collective players are not being met. Choose '3' users from the site (not GM's or HO members) who would be good ambassadors for the new players association and explain why you chose them? (*tag them*)

Task Choice: 2:  A players union would be helpful as the SHL is in a period of tough negotiations for a new Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA). The goal is to sign a new deal before it starts affecting league events and games.  If you are asked to sit in at the negotiating table, what would you ask for the players to receive, and or what would you ask for our members on the site? (your choice)... Describe why your demands are essential to the goodwill between players and owners and or site members and HO/Site admins.. and the League's need for continued growth.

Graphic Task:  Choose a member for the players association and list 4 qualities that user has which makes them a good choice. Graphic should include a title, their render, a players association logo and 4 bullet point bits of information.

Additional Information:
You will receive 3 capped TPE for fulfilling all requirements.
This PT will close Sunday, July 7 at 10PM EST.

Welfare claims from either PBE or the NSFL are accepted! *if you’re claiming welfare and have a different username on the affiliates site then you need to state that in your post to get credit.*

Any questions/concerns, please PM me.
Note: Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria
(This post was last modified: 06-29-2019, 01:02 PM by gordieboom.)

Task Choice: 2
If i would sit at the negotiation table for a new CBA i would start at proposing a different contract system. I feel the current system with minimum contract amounts per TPE Tier is boring and doesn't bring any excitement to negotiating a contract between player and GM at all. Most players have a contract value that is right at the minimum of their tier, there isn't much variety between players and it feels like this tier system is deciding the contract for you. Also the current system doesn't allow UFA's to ask for a heavy contract, because simply teams don't have the budget for it. If loyal players would be able to get a high discount, it would allow UFA's to ask for more money. I would propose to remove the tiers entirely and only have a minimum for entry contracts. Also i would give managers the option to buyout players, at the cost of spending cap space, without the exception of an active of inactive player. There should also be an early retirement cap penalty, just to make managing cap situations more interesting.. Finally i would propose to remove the junior cap penalty. It is just strange that juniors who don't play for your club have an effect on a team's cap situation. I would propose to change it to a maximum amount of number of contract instead. I think it results it the same effect, namely it avoids managers to hoard prospects.

Stars | Player | Update Thread | Gordie#6746 | Manual Lineup Sheet | HockeyNation | Grizzlies

http://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/i...entry88134

[Image: giphy.gif]

Task One
If you were to be building an SHLPA then there is no questions that some of the league's most controversial members should be at the head. Gorlab, Noble, and that guy who got banned for multis like 2 years ago who I can't remember the name of would make the perfect trifecta of a committee and would be sure to get the players everything they needed come contract negotiation time.

Task Two
The biggest concern for the players heading into a year of hockey is always that they are given respect from their superiors in the NHL, and so the fight during the CBA would be about achieving something for the players which allows them to live comfortably. Between contract and bonuses and increased salary caps to allow additional young players an opportunity at a contract, the first focus would always be the players in this year of negotiation.

[Image: Klaus2.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 06-29-2019, 04:09 PM by JamesT.)

Code:
A players union would be helpful as the SHL is about to embark in a period of tough negotiations for a new Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA). The goal is to sign a new deal before it starts affecting League events and games.  If you are asked to sit in at the negotiating table, what would you ask for the players to receive, and or what would you ask for our members on the site? (your choice)... Describe why your demands are essential to the goodwill between players and owners and or site members and HO/Site admins.. and the League's need for continued growth.

If i were able to sit in at the negotiating table for the next CBA deal there would be a few things that i would propose be part of the next CBA that i hope can benefit the current and future players and owners of the SHL. 

The contracts upon being drafted by an SHL club should be altered in a way to allow players who don't participate in job postings more salary. Usually rookie contracts range from $2-5M and that amount can run out quickly with SHL training. I would propose bumping that amount to $5-7M to allow more player growth in the aspect of training and furthering player development which would benefit the club and the player themselves. 

Also, similar to the NHL there should be the option to buyout players who aren't performing up to their expectations or who have gone inactive in the SHL. The SHL should only have people who are committed to their team and will do whatever it takes to help their club win. For players who can no longer fulfill that obligation can either be bought out from their contract like the NHL.

These are some proposals that i have which can be discussed in CBA discussions going forward to benefit the players and owners of the SHL.

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 
(This post was last modified: 06-29-2019, 02:47 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

Id like to see the players negotiate for more money but not just in physical cash.. id like to see our value as SHL professionals go up and that can be done by a better promotional system in place. Theres allot of land which isnt being utilized well under the SHL, subsections like IIHF Central, SHL Discussion/League polls or any property near the SHL archive to name a few.. areas that can be bought cheaply and used to build up an area for the league to add Hotels, resteraunts and other business ventures where players and brands can utilize towards there own agenda. A subsection strictly for promotion! Can you imagine the tourism and activity of a section devoted to all things promotion! #SHL_Sunset_Strip ... I also feel like most SHL professionals do not make the type of money they should and i think its in large part due tthe lack in promotional coverage given to its players. Id like to see the SHL market our brand better with personal additions like an SHL player wikipedia section...On a global scale it would be nice to add official SHL beat reporters from a newly created SHL network where they create content based around whats happening in the league assigned by the media head.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

06-29-2019, 11:04 AMMike Izzy Wrote: Task Choice: 1 - A campaign for an SHL players association is in the works as some in the league believe that the needs of the collective players are not being met. Choose '3' users from the site (not GM's or HO members) who would be good ambassadors for the new players association and explain why you chose them? (*tag them*)

Honestly this is exactly what we need for the new user base such as myself in order to stop the top 1% of the league from abusive basic needs of us newbies! The Simulation Hockey League Players Association should be ran by @aaronwilson who truly looks after the people and new people with helpful advice that they can rely on whilst also backing up said advice with proper statistics and facts. If this was introduced among the whole league we would be in a better spot politically!

Next up to become an ambassador would be @TheFlash! No-one would have the abused goalkeepers backs more than this very man! A person who deserves more of a chance and a future great player who will become a role model for future generations of goalies!

Finally, the last person would clearly have to be @C9Van cause who else would be more qualified than myself to lead the riff-raff through to a brighter future. However, if we cannot elect yourself to be the 3rd person then I would elect @SecondSucks22 because he works very hard and has a positive attitude to boot! 

These 3-4 people are exactly what the new SHL players association needs!

[200-ish words]

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Blizzard Now Isaac Forty-One Switzerland

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]
(This post was last modified: 06-29-2019, 03:34 PM by Rublic.)

If I was to sit at the CBA table there is one thing I would fight for that I believe will benefit both the individual players and the league aswell. I would like to create a clear distinction of what the SMJHL should be by creating a new league to function as a farm team for the SHL. How this would work is create either a farm team for each SHL team or have two SHL teams share a farm team. The farm team league will have a cap of 600 tpe. The SMJHL will allow players to play there for a max of three seasons(rookie season and two seasons as a send down) This will allow Rookies to have a much larger impact on their SMJHL teams and rewarding the players early to keep them coming back. Having the Farm teams will allow players who are in-between to SMJHL and SHL to actually spend tpe and try out new builds at the 600 cap instead of just stockpiling it. This will also provide a bunch of new roles for players who would like to be more involved with the league and have a coveted role such as GM. If each team has their own farm team the GM would be selected by the current Gm of the parent team. If the Farm teams are being shared it will be left to the new Farm team HO to decide who would be the best fit for the roles.

Code:
248 words

S52 "A" Alternate Captain of the Calgary Dragons
"GM" - Former Prince George Firebirds and Regina Force General Manager
"C" - Former Captain of the Halifax Raiders
S48 Brandon Holmes Trophy Recipient - Top Defensive Forward

FirebirdsScarecrowsraiders - TimberGrizzliesArmadaCanadaDragonsBlizzardStars - PlatoonSpecters
Davos Otasrob Player Page
Davos Otasrob Player Updates

Ah yes, contract debacles in the SHL. Something that has been brought up numerous times, with minimal to no realistic changes. If i was elected the head of the SHLPA and was allowed to manage these CBA meetings, I would propose a few things. First being, the abolishment of the contract tier systems. If i am a 1500 TPE player who has been playing for the Tampa Bay Barracuda for the last 7 seasons and I have yet to win a cup - do i want to leave a team that's been so willing to me my entire career, or can I sign a minimum contract to give us the most cap space to sign other big name free agents and help me out? Everyone should be able to demand the contract they want, whether its a 400 TPE player whos asking for 10.5M AAV, or if its a 2000 TPE player who only wants 1.5M. Secondly, increase the cap for most teams to allow players to get paid what they deserve. Lastly, push the contracts of prospects on the team to the SMJHL team - it'll not only allow the SHL team to focus on its cap space with players currently on the team, but also helps out the SMJHL GMs in learning cap management, and possibly could elect them to sell off draft picks, or veterans to other teams if they are in need of cap space.

Akashi SixNine Jr. Updates

Simmer claim

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

For this (CBA) meeting I have a couple demands from the players themselves. Including Contract agreements with teams that would take out tiers so UFA's could make more money, but for teams side of this to make it more fair, players coming off an ELC contract will be 3 Seasons Restricted Free Agent to the team as it makes it a easier demand for the teams, and players. I wanted to also Increase the cap over the course of the next couple of years by 1M-2.5M to increase player money demands. The next piece I would like to add for players is adding in No Trade Clauses, No Movement Clauses, and Modified-No Trade Clauses. As players seem to be traded when they do not want to be, and in effect making NTCs, NMCs, and M-NTCs I viable solution to the players. For Teams, I would make it more of a fair deal, as they can sign players to longer contracts, but at the same time, under the inactivity rule if a player does not do his weekly updates of minimum 2 weeks in a row, the players NTC, NMC, or M-NTC will be nullified.

This is the Collective Bargaining Agreement that we have wants, and demands for and hopefully that you can negotiate this part into the League.

Quote:Task Choice: 2: A players union would be helpful as the SHL is in a period of tough negotiations for a new Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA). The goal is to sign a new deal before it starts affecting league events and games. If you are asked to sit in at the negotiating table, what would you ask for the players to receive, and or what would you ask for our members on the site? (your choice)... Describe why your demands are essential to the goodwill between players and owners and or site members and HO/Site admins.. and the League's need for continued growth.

I would like to begin by stating that I am in no way supporting a union. The formation of a union would be the death of this league, and anybody who discusses this shall be blacklisted from the league. Careful.

Now, if we were to have negotiations regarding a player's union and more equal and fair rights -- the focus should be on balancing the league more. Creating a ruling that would require time on ice restrictions that allow a fourth line to be useful and requiring that a team utilize 12 unique forwards as opposed to the 9 currently. This would limit our need for expansion in the near future as well as allowing more opportunity for call-ups and roster variation which would give the players more means for earning.

Beyond that, we would have a change to the structure of the salary cap. We would be exploring a cap which would allow for teams to fit in more players as there would be a distinct need considering the usefulness and need for a fourth line to be fulfilled in this new league system.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

Task 1

For a players union I would want someone like @StamkosFan. He is an awesome active user on the site who really puts a lot of work in and I think he could bring great ideas to the table. Next up would be my boy @ligma - as everyone knows...he gets around. I think with his trade to the WKP he has officially spent team time with every SHL team. He knows a lot of people around here and what our kinks are, he would be a star. Finally @Beaver would be my last pick as he is like this unicorn that just pops in from time to time to show his majesty and then he vanishes. We need more of him.

Task 2
In the real NHL it makes sense for players to seek long term contracts because they are 100% guaranteed and they could get a career ending injury any day of the week. In the SHL we have no injuries so the incentive to sign long term is not as great. I would fight for the players to get some sort of benefit for signing a long term contract. It would also give the GMs a stronger tool to negotiate with.

[Image: dVy6XWn.jpg]
[Image: 9POiosr.png]
First SHL goal on first SHL shot in first SHL game.

(This post was last modified: 06-29-2019, 08:28 PM by Leafs4ever.)

If there was ever going to be a SHLPA, it needs to be run by veteran players. Their experience and knowledge of the league is a must for the PA to function properly. They can hire young players as interns, but they need to do the initial heavy lifting to create a solid base. Having said that, here are my 3 players that I would want to lead the SHLPA.

@ArGarBarGar - Having experience in a variety of ways in the league, ArGar would be a fantastic member to head up the PA. He's already a man of the people, having started the Top 100 list every off-season. He would know what the players need when going into negotiations with the league.

@.bojo - A man who had been involved with the Head Office of the SHL will bring important knowledge about the workings of the league. Having a PA leader with that knowledge gives them an advantage going into any talks they have. Plus, he's a beloved member by the players and would be a popular choice.

@RomanesEuntDomus - I chose RED because of his long history in the league, but mostly because he comes with a lot of different ideas and brings a hard edge to the negotiation table. He's resolute in his ideas and having his presence at the head of the PA will make it so the newly formed group doesn't get pushed around by the league.

(235 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
27-7-1
Regular Season - [G 4] [A 8] [Pts 12] [+/- +24] [PIM 20] [Hits 18] [SB 74]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

Task Choice 2.

The first thing I would ask for if I was negotiating for a new Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) for the SHL would be an enormous bump to the cap; by at least 30 million SHL dollars. Right now, there's no room for competitive negotiations; if you ask for more than the minimum, you're usually seen as an asshole unless you badly need the money. Considering that the sim luck is stupid, there's usually very little reason to try and switch teams; making it possible to hunt for a better contract will change that.

Secondly, I'd ask for a bump to the TPE cap at the SMJHL level. With players now regularly spending 3, even 4 seasons in the SMJHL, and usually capping out sometime during the second, it can get pretty boring down there. Bumping the TPE cap up to 450 will help keep the interest of juniors a little longer to bridge the gap of "I'm not improving" that often leads to players exiting the site.

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]