Create Account

Weekend Funtime: Wild Card (S48)

The addition of the Wild Card series presents some new and exciting aspects to our playoff format! With only 2 matchups, 4 teams now have center stage and the leagues undivided attention. In this special edition of our Weekend Funtime we are going to highlight, breakdown and conversate about the Buffalo/Toronto Eastern wild card series as well as the Calgary/Edmonton wild card matchup in the west!

Dragons vs  Blizzard

[Image: OlKE3OD.png]

[Image: wy3NfCr.png]

Stampede vs  Stars

[Image: KJTcBw2.png]

[Image: TWjuJ39.png]

Code:
Is there an area which a team can exploit on their opponent?

Code:
Is there a managerial advantage in either match up and why?

Code:
Who needs to step up for there team to win?

Code:
Is there a goalie advantage in either match up and why?

Code:
Are there any young players in these match ups that are ready to seize center stage?

Code:
How do you see either series playing out?

Code:
What player are you worried about in there series and why?

Code:
What players are keeping their opponents GM's up at night in this match up?

Code:
Is there a team in either series that match up well against Nola or Tampa bay if they could advance? .. if so how come?

Code:
You were the 100th caller for a sports talk show give away and awarded 2 tickets to any of the 4 stadiums and a free jersey of 1 of the players involved in the 1st round! what city are you going too and whos jersey are you sporting and why!?

Additional:
Task: A post or reply of 25 words or more will recieve 1 TPE.. while up to '8' people will be chosen as Participation+ members and will receive an additional uncapped TPE!

THIS PT IS FOR SHL PLAYERS AND SEND DOWNS. IT IS NOT FOR SMJHL ROOKIES.

Deadline: Sunday, 10 PM EDT

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Code:
Is there a team in either series that match up well against Nola or Tampa bay if they could advance? .. if so how come?

I think Calgary could match up well against NOLA because I think Calgary has good star power and playoff experience. Nobody matches up against the cuda because they are the best and yeah nobody can or will match up well with them.

[Image: 55708_s.gif]

First Ever SHL Goal:
Code:
5. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Piotr Czerkawski 1, Cameron Dubois 2) at 16:27

First Ever Hat Trick:
Code:
S45 Game 46 NEW vs TOR
6. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Artemi Berezin 3, Tigole Bitties 5) at 5:21
9. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 2 (Artemi Berezin 4) at 18:58
10. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 3 (Tigole Bitties 7, Manuel Gotze 2) at 19:38 (Empty Net)

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Is there a managerial advantage in either match up and why?

I think this is an obvious one in our series, no offense to the Edmonton GM's, but having @c00kies and @Steelhead77 as your GM I feel like gives you an instant leg up in any series. They've proven time and time again what a strong duo they are, and what they can do with limited assets, so giving them a decent team to work with should scare the Blizzard a bit.

[Image: Bk1689.gif]

How do you see either series playing out?

In the East, I believe BUF has the advantage in terms of team depth. Toronto's top line has been amazing even after trading away Anders, while BUF's scoring has been average, but the Stampede have overall better defense and better 2nd/3rd lines. Defense wins championships so BUF will take this series in 6

In the West, CGY kind of coasted into the playoffs while EDM went on a hot streak in the last 20 games to overtake TEX and MIN to secure a playoff spot. EDM playing at a high level right now and were definitely a team I wouldn't want to face in this first round. EDM will win in 7 games.

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies     S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK     Grizzlies

Code:

I really think Mikhail Lokitonov needs to step it up for Toronto. He ONLY has 54 points and is at JUST over 1 PPG pace. He's 6th overall in the pro leaders, so he really needs to step it up to match the performance of the top 5 to ensure Toronto's success.

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

What players are keeping their opponents GM's up at night in this match up?

If I was the Blizzard GM I'd definitely be worried about Kravstov on the Dragons. He shot an amazing 100% this season and led the league in PP/20min. Watch out for him if he gets unleashed by Esa and co.

Former
SHL Head Commissioner S12ish-S27ish
GM Dragons S8 & S9 (Won cups both years)
2x GM Of The Year
5 Time Cup Winner
League MVP

Past Players
[Image: HOF2.png] D - Aidan Richan - [Image: HOF2.png] (S5 11th Overall) Dragons
[Image: HOF2.png] C - Chico Salmon - [Image: HOF2.png] (S17 1st overall)  Renegades

Current Player
D - Chico Smeb (S46)

SMJHL - Drafted 65th Overall by Raptors
SHL - Drafted 23rd Overall by Dragons

Code:
Are there any young players in these match ups that are ready to seize center stage?

Yeah, I know of one young player in the Edmonton and Calgary matchup that is ready to step up and seize center stage, and that's Marc Hagan. Sure, his first season wasn't spectacular, but he came in right from the SMJHL and has played solidly, and could do very well against a weak Dragons side.

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

Code:

The Blizzard have a couple of rookies who look poised to make a positive difference for their team. Karkstrabe Scholz is the rookie to watch, in my opinion. He's not the highest scoring rookie on the team, but he's a defenseman and is only one point behind the highest scoring Blizzard rookie forward. He's also sporting a positive +/- and has the second highest shots blocked on the team, so maybe look to him to have a breakout performance.

[Image: 45029_v.gif]

Sigs by: King, Tweedledunn, Me
Player Page|Twitter|Update Page

Quote:You were the 100th caller for a sports talk show give away and awarded 2 tickets to any of the 4 stadiums and a free jersey of 1 of the players involved in the 1st round! what city are you going too and whose jersey are you sporting and why!?

I am obviously going to Calgary to rep my dude Barry Batsbak with the Dragons. I'm probably going to paint my face too, and possibly wear some dragon horns. That'll all go right back in the closet if they have to play Tampa later, though.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

07-11-2019, 11:31 AMbbjygm Wrote:
Code:

I really think Mikhail Lokitonov needs to step it up for Toronto. He ONLY has 54 points and is at JUST over 1 PPG pace. He's 6th overall in the pro leaders, so he really needs to step it up to match the performance of the top 5 to ensure Toronto's success.

Lokitonov is a straight BUM. Dude couldn't score in a brothel. Stampede in 3

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

07-11-2019, 11:54 AMml002 Wrote:
07-11-2019, 11:31 AMbbjygm Wrote:
Code:

Lokitonov is a straight BUM. Dude couldn't score in a brothel. Stampede in 3

#LOKIT4DAR is trending.....

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

The obvious answer is that Mikhail Lohkitonov is keeping the other GM up at night. He is the highest scorer of all four wild card teams. He is the guy that needs to be shut down. If he gets hot, watch out, the other team is not winning.

Player Page --- Update Page
[Image: twils.gif]
Picture credit to Allen, Jenny, enigmatic, Wasty, ckroyal92, 701, and EJ

300+ Career Goals, 750+ Career Points
5th All-Time Goals Scored for WKP,
8th All-Time Goals Scored for SEA/TBB
3rd All-Time in Playoff Points
17th All-Time in Goals

6 Consecutive 50+ Point Seasons, 7 Total
Quote:"idc if ur naked if ur holding that cup" -Jenny

Quote:How do you see either series playing out?

Stampede vs  Stars

Both teams had terrible special teams in the regular season but Buffalo finished with the 2nd best shot differential which to me is a better indicator of future success, so in this series I think  Stampede will win in 5 games.

Dragons vs  Blizzard

I don't think there is a favorite in this series and it's gonna be close but I think  Dragons will advance in 6 or 7 games

Player info | Updates | Stats
SteelhawksCanadaWhalers

[Image: aawil.gif]

Quote:What players are keeping their opponents GM's up at night in this match up?

Mickael Locomotive man is gonna keep the Buf GM up all night. Loco is a scoring threat and an offensive powerhouse which will cause trouble in the buf camps defense and tending.

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

Toronto can exploit the infamous bowel movements of WannabeFinn, the GM of the Buffalo Stampede. If they can catch him while he leaves to take yet another hefty shit during the game, they may be able to catch the Stampede unawares

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]