Create Account

Bohne's Views on Draft Teams
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2019, 05:33 PM by wumaduce.)

With the regular season winding down and the playoffs right around the corner, many of the SMJHL rookies are getting excited about their first playoff experience. Some are wondering when they'll start hearing from SHL teams about scouting, some are just focused on the playoffs, and some already know where they'll be headed once the draft comes.

One of the least interesting rookie stories to be heading into the draft is that of Derek Bohne. Before retiring and coming back as a defenseman, the former Co GM of the Minnesota Chiefs was prepared to play his entire career with the club. Since his return to the minor leagues, though, he's made it clear that he wants to play for the maximum 5 seasons allowed in the J. He understands that it's up to whoever drafts him if they'll let that happen, especially since he has to clear waivers to play his fifth and final season in the J.

Having been contacted by a couple of teams already, he's been faced with the same question a few times already - would you come up early?

His answer is clear - if things in Colorado stay the way they are, he's not going to go up early. If there's a change in management that he doesn't agree with, or he has a falling out with anyone, there's always a possibility.

With the knowledge that scouting is going to begin soon, Bohne decided that he would release a statement giving teams an indication of whether they should even bother contacting him.

-----------------

Buffalo Stampede -

This is definitely a team I could see myself playing for at some point. There's a few guys on the roster I'm already friends with, and would be happy to play on the ice with them again. I had some beef with @Zombiewolf at one point in time, but that all boiled down to a misunderstanding that we have since made peace over. They have a pretty solid defensive core, so I think they would be okay letting me finish out my J career without trying to force my call up. Would leave to hear from @Tomen!

Chicago Syndicate -

One of the two "new" teams in the SHL, I can safely say that I'd be interested in at least talking to them. I don't really know anyone on the roster well. About the only one I've really heard anything about is @kit. He's opinionated on the forums, but has always been a great guy in any discord servers that I've been in with him. I do know some of their prospects, and like a bunch of them. Especially @SDCore. This isn't a team I'd rule out playing for, but I would definitely want more information from them before I'd sign my entry level contract.

Hamilton Steelhawks -

This one is a mixed bag for me. They have some of my favorite people in rhe league in @Pris and @"JumpierPancakes", but they also have @Samee. As someone who used to be an ardent supporter of his, I haven't spoken to him since his shit in Minnesota and Colorado. I'd like to hear what management has to say, but this would be a very hard sell with samee staying on the team.

Since starting this post, it's been made clear to me that samee only shows up for about a week at a time and goes full samee, then vanishes. This gives me hope for fitting in on the team. Hallsy, feel free to call.

Manhattan Rage -

Well, Geck is stepping down. @Baelor Swift is possibly leaving in FA. There's still a really good group of people there that I would enjoy being in a discord server with. @"luketd", @39alaska39, @Esso2264 are all people I know and would be honored to share a team with. I'd be very interested in hearing from Manhattan about their plans.

New England Wolfpack -

This is one of the really interesting ones for me. First and foremost, @Ace recruited me of the league. We've wanted to be on a team together for a while, and it just hasn't happened. Then you've got @Slowpoke who I greatly admire and respect, he's even the best GM that I've ever had in another sim league. While there have been some issues with me and @jRuutu in the past, it's nothing I wouldn't be able to get over and share a locker room with him. I'd be happy to talk to the Wolfpack and see what their plans for me would be.

Tampa Bay Barracuda -

I still see them as the Seattle Riot. I still see samee's face. This team gets an absolutely strong no from me, though, due to @jcfbey01 being on it. There's definitely a few guys I like on the team, but that's a deal breaker. @JSS you're one of the guys included in the guys I like, but I won't be able to be a part of the Barracuda any time soon. Good luck to you guys!

Toronto North Stars -

Surprisingly few people I know on their roster. You could almost say I know @Nobody! Sorry. They have almost no defensive depth according to their roster. I'd be intrigued to hear from them about their plans, especially knowing I want to stay down for the full allowed time. They might need me well before I'm ready to make the step up to the majors.

West Kendall Platoon -

Thankfully, autocorrect knows it's spelled Kendall. I think @ligma is one of the few people I know. I have no real opinion on WKP, and would be happy to hear them out.

Calgary Dragons -

A team with an extensive history. A General Manager who knows how to get ahead in the league. A team with some people I've spoken to in passing, but not many I know. I'd hear them out, for sure, but I'm not holding my breath to get drafted there.

Edmonton Blizzard -

The Blizzard. I don't know any of their prospects, but they have guys like @CampinKiller and @Mack. I could see myself here, for sure. I would love to hear from them as the draft approaches. According to their roster and prospects, they seem to be short on depth at defense. Would they let me stay in the minors? That's a major sticking point for me.

Los Angeles Panthers -

@DanbyRem is there, and I love him. However, the only other big name draw for me there is @ArGarBarGar. Knowing when he told us he wanted to experience the league and free agency, I would probably avoid signing there to specifically play with him. I'd be interested to hear from management, though, and see how our talks go.

Minnesota Chiefs -

I really don't feel right touching base on this. There's a lot of people there I think are amazing people and consider friends, but I'm not ready to rejoin this franchise. There were things when I was there that caused me to go inactive and eventually step down. Then there's the McZ trade. I'd never rule out a return to the Chiefs, but right now it's just not in the cards and they know that.

New Orleans Specters -

The other "new" team. Definitely some faces on there I like, @TheDangaZone and @Evok immediately jumped out, as did @Blastmeaway and @TML99 among others. However, the biggest name on that list for me currently is @PenKnight. Given the events that have transpired since I started to write this media not even 12 hours ago (currently 4:22pm est), I'm going to have to give New Orleans a big fat no thank you. You're, for the most part, a great group of guys. If you ditch QuillSquire, we can talk. Dude's cancer.

San Francisco Pride -

Very few people I know. But, they had @King and his not multi brother REDACTED . Hard pass currently, unless they can show me they don't plan on drafting the King army this time around.

Edit - apologies to @Muerto. Sorry man.

Texas Renegades -

Another very appealing option for me. I was Co-gm here for about 15 minutes under Phobos. I know a lot of the guys on the team, too many to tag, and I know Jay is going places. This is a team I would definitely talk to, but there are concerns that I would bring up during our talks.

Winnipeg Jets -

Another appealing option for me, given the Colorado ties. Their prospect pool is somewhat shallow. They have studs like @FlappyGiraffe and @Troy_McClure03. Definitely a franchise I'd love to talk to. I'd be happy to be there, especially since Troy is my captian forever.

-----------

There are the base opinions of Bohne's thoughts coming up to the draft. While this isn't a presser at all, I'd be happy to answer any questions any of the teams may have. There may be more closer to the draft.

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

Thanks Wuma, i appreciate you

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Hi baby

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

Platoon

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

u wanna hear from Tomen but not me?

Aggrieved

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

hi wuma Stars

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

wait now I'm a King alt, too?

[Image: grogu111-A11.jpg]
norway                             IIHF Team Norway                          norway

Stampede Stampede Stampede

You know my feelings about you @wumaduce

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

07-11-2019, 05:25 PMMuerto Wrote: wait now I'm a King alt, too?

No. Sorry, I apologize. Got DBZ names mixed up. @Vegeta was the username. Goku is your players first name.

07-11-2019, 05:17 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: u wanna hear from Tomen but not me?

Aggrieved

Tomen is sexy, though.

Gojets

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here
Graphics Shop: Click Here

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  Barracuda Russia Barracuda  [Image: c8B2LE3.png]

wow bashing the cudas because of the past, that hurts

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature

07-11-2019, 05:53 PMBruins10 Wrote: wow bashing the cudas because of the past, that hurts

It's a mix of being part of the Riot under the samee regime, and you also have jcf +carbine on your roster. It all adds up to a solid no from me. Sorry!

damn buffalo at the top of almost every list, i'll take the blame for that

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

hey @wumaduce

the whole colorado thing was really shitty and stupid and i felt bad about it after a bit, i deserved that shit, i was so childish

minnesota happened and that wasnt great either.

that aside you're a really cool person anyway and you did give me some really good advice when we were on teams together about LIFE in general, ill always appreciate it. really glad you're back on the site