Create Account

S48 PT #5 - SHL Appreciation Week
(This post was last modified: 07-13-2019, 10:48 AM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

On this last task of the leagues 48th season, i welcome you all to SHL Appreciation Week!

Written task choices:
Pick 1 topic = 150 words or more
Pick 2 topics = 75 words or more each
Pick 3 Topics = 50 words or more each

Code:
- Tell us about some of your favorite SHL posts of all time. what were they about? what did you enjoy about them? how did they turn out!? (*Tag anyone relevant to the topic)

Code:
- Tell us about some of the most enjoyable moments you have had on this site. (*Tag anyone relevant to the topic)

Code:
- Have you met a person or a group in the SHL that you are friendly with? or someone that you appreciate here on the site? give them a shout out and tell us why you appreciate them! (*Tag anyone relevant to the topic)

Graphic task: Create an 'SHL Appreciation Week' poster that highlights any of the above 3 topics. the graphic should include an SHL logo, a title, a picture describing a topic, event or player render/name relevant to the above topics. and wording on why you appreciate that topic, event or player.

Additional Information:
THIS PT IS FOR SHL PLAYERS AND SEND DOWNS. IT IS NOT FOR SMJHL ROOKIES.

You will receive 3 capped TPE for fulfilling all requirements.
This PT will close Sunday, July 21 at 10PM EST.

Welfare claims from either PBE or the NSFL are accepted! *if you’re claiming welfare and have a different username on the affiliates site then you need to state that in your post to get credit.*

Any questions/concerns, please PM me.
Note: Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria
(This post was last modified: 07-13-2019, 11:30 AM by Leafs4ever.)

Code:
- Tell us about some of the most enjoyable moments you have had on this site. (*Tag anyone relevant to the topic)

My most enjoyable moments on the SHL were of course when I was Jets GM. It's no secret that I loved running the Jets. I loved every part of the job, so much that it never really felt like one. I miss the trade negotiations, the draft room chats where I was able to let loose a little, and the bringing together of players under the Jets name. Nothing on the site brings you the same joy that GMing does.

Another one of my favourite stretches on the SHL was a Challenge Cup run with the Winnipeg Jets. I don't remember which season exactly, either Season 19 or 25, but it was a fun one for the Jets and I. That season, I decided to come out of my prim and proper shell and, before each playoff round, I would call out the opposing team in the ThunderDome. It was something I never did because I prided myself on being professional as a GM, but that season I wanted to add some fuel to the rivalries. That's what playoffs were all about anyway. We rode those threads all the way to a Challenge Cup victory. That was such a fun playoff run.

(202 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
0-0-0
Regular Season - [G 0] [A 0] [Pts 0] [+/- 0] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 0]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

(This post was last modified: 07-13-2019, 11:24 AM by Zoone16.)

Some of my most enjoyable moments on the site were early on in my players’ career back in the SMJHL. The Kelowna Knights locker room was incredibly active and fun with @ej27 & @Jenny leading it. It also helped that on top of being active, we had a very competitive team for most of my time in the juniors which made it much more engaging and interesting to follow.

Another great moment was the first Challenge Cup win with the Platoon in S41. The team was getting awfully unlucky in the past few seasons before, losing in the first and second rounds regularly but that year was the year we broke through thanks to a great group of players, the core of which still mostly remains to this day. @JR95

The last great moment was the last (S45) r/hockey SMJHL draft, where as the GM of the Kelowna Knights, I was able to draft a great group of players, most of which are still active and involved in the SHL in some way at this point.

(175 words)

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Code:
- Have you met a person or a group in the SHL that you are friendly with? or someone that you appreciate here on the site? give them a shout out and tell us why you appreciate them! (*Tag anyone relevant to the topic)

I have been part of the SHL site since S45 because of a reddit recruitment post and my time here has been a wild but fun journey thus far! The reason it has been so great for me is because of the community and awesome people that help run and guide new players when I was a rookie here still. I would like to take this chance to shout some people out that I have gotten to know and show my appreciation towards them! I apologize if I am going to miss anyone.

First up would be @BarnabasCollins who was my GM back in my Montreal  Militia who helped give me advice on how to make the most of my journey in the SMJHL and even allowed me to interview him for a PT as well! He is going to be stepping down after this season as GM, so I wish nothing but the best! Thank you for everything that you have done!

Second would be @Keygan who is my GM in the Edmonton  Blizzard who also has given me advice on how to be the hockey player that I can be and how I should be allocating my TPE to fit what the team needs. Keygan is also from British Columbia so I have some hometown bias towards him as well (don't tell him that though). I look forward to developing more of a relationship with you now that I have gone through my first full season up in the SHL with the  Blizzard

Lastly, would have to be @Mack I was fortunate enough to play with you when we were both in the  Militia and my brief time playing on the same line with you when I got called up to the  Blizzard this year (but now I am playing on the 3rd line where I belong!). You have always been a cool, chill and funny person to be interact with and I am blessed to have a teammate and friend that I get to play hockey with, hangout off the ice and proud to call a friend! Let's continue doing this brother!

These are some of the key people that have helped make my time here in the SHL a phenomenal one! Looking forward to more seasons to come!

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 
(This post was last modified: 07-13-2019, 11:59 AM by EuroCap.)

Code:
Have you met a person or a group in the SHL that you are friendly with? or someone that you appreciate here on the site? give them a shout out and tell us why you appreciate them!

When I first joined so many years ago, it was gorlab, @JNH, and @FourFour who made my time here fun and helped me out. I knew nothing and was drafted in the last round of the smjhl draft thanks to jnh and the impact became a family that season. jnh, 44, bojo, tdw, and others I am forgetting for sure. But it was jnh and 44 who were the glue to get us started and while jnh never had the chance to draft me to toronto and I don't think we ever played together he's my guy along with 44 because of how things started. So, would have to give all three a shout out for bringing me in, treating me well, and just being good dudes to me. Even to this day and despite not talking as much I would say, jnh and 44 are two of my better friends here. Thanks guys.

- Have you met a person or a group in the SHL that you are friendly with? or someone that you appreciate here on the site? give them a shout out and tell us why you appreciate them!

@aaronwilson is one of my favorite people to interact with, both on and off of the site. He helped me a lot when it came time to updating my player, and catching up as best as I could. He told me what I was missing out on and how to improve my build, as well as some general tips on how to more easily navigate things. Thanks to him, I have maxed out my SMJHL build. I also know him somewhat well off of the SHL, as I'm learning Russian and he's a native speaker, surprisingly. Sometimes I DM him for help constructing basic sentences. In fact, a few minutes ago, he corrected one of my Russian sentences! Whatever I need from him, he always helps me out and does so to the greatest extent possible. He's a cool guy. Warm, friendly, and patient. If you haven't interacted with him, you just need to see how friendly he can be.

[Image: x9gTXZa.gif]

S48 Four Star Cup Champion (Vancouver Whalers)

Simmer claim

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

Tell us about some of the most enjoyable moments you have had on this site. (*Tag anyone relevant to the topic)

Easily has to be S38 when I was with the Prince George Firebirds (now Anchorage Armada) when we won the Four Star Cup. Not only was winning fun, but the best was our discord LR and community we had at the time. Teammates were all beautiful people and to this day we are all still close. PGFs first championship since the early days of SHL.

We made a huge trade that hurt the future of PGF for a chance to win, a risk that our GMs felt necessary and were willing to do. They wanted to give us the best chance to win and we are thankful for that. I was in my rookie season on PKR and centering a line with Dildo and Banana and we had future SHL HOF Mikhail Lokitnov on our other line with Kyler Gill.

We had two fantastic goaltenders in Muford and AA and was probably the reason Anchorage discord is still lit to this day. Love these guys.

@ml002 @Muford @artemis @spooked @Sleepy
(This post was last modified: 07-13-2019, 12:27 PM by NJBadApple.)

Task 1: I don't know if there's one single post that I enjoy the most from the site, but I'm a pretty big fan of the ongoing & repetitive ones that go on here. For example, I really like the Top 100 SHL Players each season from @ArGarBarGar . That's a huge project to take on and it's really appreciated, from me at least. Also the long running podcasts from everyone, there's too many to name, but they're all fun.

Words: 79

Task 2: Oh man, lots of good memories here. Love trolling all the Thunderdome threads, so they always make my list.. no particular one stands out. My time in the OLD SCHOOL Montreal Impact / Toronto North Stars locker rooms was awesome, the best intro to the site I could've had. I have my best times in the Texas locker room though, @Allen traded for me back in the S30's at some point and I never looked back. Love everyone on that damn team.

Words: 83

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

My favorite moment on the site was definitely when I got drafted, and my entire first season and a half on the site. I really got to know @Hoovuh and @Allen and we really gelled. It was amazing to be pre-season champs (undefeated mind you), do terribly in the regular season, and then dominate the post-season. It was great to have it all happen during my first season here, and I don't think many people get that experience.

Through the site, I've really gotten to know Allen, and we've hung out quite a few times IRL. We just danced on each other at a wedding a couple of weekends ago. And even though I knew @Phobospwns IRL before all this for years and years, it was great to get him to the site and have fun with him here too.

The site has definitely brought me to some new people and made some friendships. Even the people that I don't talk to regularly, I'm glad I know. I can still have conversations with people who I see here and there and count them as great acquaintances.

Update PageWhalers | Wolfpack | Player Page

Jack Durden:

Season 24 - *4 Star Cup Champions - Vancouver Whalers*
Season 36 - *Challenge Cup Champions - Texas Renegades*
Season 36 - *Anton Razov Trophy Winner - Playoff MVP - Texas Renegades*
Season 41 - *IIHF Gold Medalist - Team United Kingdom*
Season 41 - *Triple Gold Member*
**Vancouver Whalers Hall of Fame**
**Texas Renegades Hall of Fame**
**Hall of Fame Member**

Code:
Tell us about some of the most enjoyable moments you have had on this site.
one of the most enjoyable moments I had were all involved with Winnipeg, I was happy when @FlappyGiraffe traded for me because I wanted to go to the Jets very badly but then it was able to work out. That was a great day because I got what I wanted long term for my career and all that. Also, it was an awesome moment when I got called up to the SHL; I had been bored in juniors playing third pairing at such a low level but then coming up and having a shot at playing a real league was great. I even got power play time that opening year which was cool for a rookie and helped me get more interested in SHL stuff. And of course it was a great moment when I signed my first pro contract because then it was sort of official and I joined the locker room; a lot happened at once but that was a good time.

Code:
Code:
- Have you met a person or a group in the SHL that you are friendly with? or someone that you appreciate here on the site?
give them a shout out and tell us why you appreciate them! (*Tag anyone relevant to the topic)

@slothfacekilla has been more of a friendly person I can talk to for awhile, just about anything on SHL. He is a good person fun to be around. Sloth has been willing, and able to help people with what they need. He has been a good person I can talk to for awhile, and we will both have a good time talking about it.

@notorioustig He has legitimately been the 1 reason I have stay in SHL, when I was confused wanted to just try something else, but he made it super easy for me. Probably the best GM I will ever have in my entire career. Tig makes things simple when they seem complicated, always nice, and is amazing at what he does. The important thing is that he treats everyone like that consistently. So for that reason he is a guy who I want to have on my appreciation list.

Code:

I've had plenty of enjoyable moments on the site, otherwise I probably wouldn't have stuck around for literal years. Some of the best moments came from GMing Kelowna with @Jenny. It was nice to win a few cups, of course. But beyond that, it was really nice getting to welcome new players to the league and watch them move on to become major contributing members on the site.

I also look back really fondly on my time in WKP, particularly right after I got called up. There were a lot of really great people on the team at the time, way too many to tag. And it was fun, many seasons later, finally winning a cup in WKP, even if it was with a nearly completely different (but equally awesome) group of people.

I've had a really great time being in the Armada LR, too. Can't thank @ml002 enough for drafting me and @Acsolap and giving me a second juniors home, one that's maybe even more fun that my first one.

[Image: 45029_v.gif]

Sigs by: King, Tweedledunn, Me
Player Page|Twitter|Update Page

Code:

There are a lot of people in the SHL that I appreciate. Starting off, @goldenglutes, I appreciate you assisting me with French honours for 3 and a half years. Couldn't have done it without you. 

More relevant to the SHL, I appreciate the entire New England discord. It's always a fun place to chat and hang out, and the memes are memorable. Shout out to @hotdog, @Raven, @"Flareon4043", and goldenglutes again, specifically. This league is wank. @Ace I appreciate you being an awesome GM, and giving me second line minutes. I don't appreciate you deleting our meme channel. I still don't know when playoffs start. 

@bilbo, I appreciate you being a big supporter of our podcast (which can be found here). Also thanks for a dating tips, only reason I stay in the Kelowna disc. Lastly @gordieboom, love you constantly hounding us for new podcasts and the fantasy scorer list is the reason I came 3rd this season.

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

Code:

Probably one of the most incredible moments on the site for me was the S38 PGF Four Star Cup. More specifically Game 7 of the Finals play by play. I don't think my heart has ever beat so hard independent of actual physical activity and the moment we managed to win the cup for the first time in 30 seasons was probably the most crazy thing I have been apart of here especially with the OT winner coming from @artermis' . Getting to celebrate with my amazing teammates and GMs will always hold a special place for me here.

@Sleepy @GreyGooseVodka @spooked @ThisSeemsFishy (bb come back) @CDub2 @NorwegianDemon @mdubz @Muford @StaticShocked

Code:

This is easy for me as it's the whole PGF/ANC team and LR. Whether it be the group I played with back in S38-39, the group I drafted into the team as a GM there, or the new people that @Acsolap has drafted since I handed the reins over to him, they are my favorite locker room on the site. It's such a laid-back and amazing group of folks who all just like to chill out and talk about anything and everything. Everyone is so supportive of one another, I consider all of them some of my closest friends in the world. I can't thank @Sleepy and @spooked enough for drafting me there 10 seasons ago. I'd tag everyone here but that would be a lot of tags.

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]