Create Account

S49 Toronto North Stars Interested Prospects Thread

[Image: 2dba1yh.png]
 Stars TORONTO NORTH STARS S49 INTERESTED PROSPECTS QUESTIONS Stars
[Image: giphy.gif]

Welcome to our IP thread and thanks for checking us out! The Toronto North Stars are one of the most iconic and original franchises the SHL has to offer. We believe strongly in team oriented success, and we will always value the team over a single player. We're building on that iconic image with a new era of success.

Code:
1) First and foremost, do you have interest in playing for the Toronto North Stars? No hard feelings if you don't, simply gauging interest.

2) What kind of player are you trying to build? What are your goals for your career? Do you have any interest in the management side of the site?

3) How long do you want to spend in juniors?

4) What's your favorite NHL franchise, and what are some of your other favorite sports teams?

5) What's your age group? (You can give a range like 18-24 or something of the like or not answer if you aren't comfortable with it)

6) How active are you on discord? Do you often start conversations with your juniors teammates? Are there any things you have in your juniors discord that you'd like to see in your future team's discord?

7) Have you been doing any media, GFX, or podcasts?

8) If you are interested in talking with one of the Toronto GM's further (and don't currently share a discord with one of us), please leave your discord id (username#1234) and one of us will contact you personally.

I look forward to seeing everyone on draft day!

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

1) First and foremost, do you have interest in playing for the Toronto North Stars? No hard feelings if you don't, simply gauging interest. I would be down to play for the North Stars, with my first guy billing him from Toronto I thought it would've been a thing with him. But I wouldn't mind Prince Devitt going to the North Stars.

2) What kind of player are you trying to build? What are your goals for your career? Do you have any interest in the management side of the site? A hard hitting, defensive defencemen that has an edge for him. No fancy/flashy aspects to his game. Just straight grit and determination.

3) How long do you want to spend in juniors? Another season or so, depending on when the team needs me.

4) What's your favorite NHL franchise, and what are some of your other favorite sports teams? Leafs, Raptors, Kansas City Chiefs, Manchester United

5) What's your age group? (You can give a range like 18-24 or something of the like or not answer if you aren't comfortable with it) I'm 21

6) How active are you on discord? Do you often start conversations with your juniors teammates? Are there any things you have in your juniors discord that you'd like to see in your future team's discord? I'm pretty much active on discord for the most part, i'm in the Kelowna Discord usually when the sim results are posted. There's a lot of people there including alumni as well.

7) Have you been doing any media, GFX, or podcasts? I do media when it's necessary for my player when I'm low on money.

8) If you are interested in talking with one of the Toronto GM's further (and don't currently share a discord with one of us), please leave your discord id (username#1234) and one of us will contact you personally. CFJ#6948

[Image: Crossfit.gif]

[Image: CFJ1.gif]

Thanks to prettyburn, TML, Carpy, JNH, Jepox, Engi, Karey, Flappy, Skolpadder, Mook, DollarAndADream, Smirnov and Toe for the sigs.

Code:
Crossfit's First Career SHL Goal, 4. Manhattan Rage , Crossfit Jesus 1 (Pedro Sarantez, Nucky Toohoots) at 5:51

Code:
Devitt's First Career SHL Goal, 5. Calgary Dragons , Prince Devitt 1 (Barry Batsbak 21, Mike Izzy 14) at 10:43

(This post was last modified: 07-14-2019, 12:05 PM by khabib.)

1) First and foremost, do you have interest in playing for the Toronto North Stars? No hard feelings if you don't, simply gauging interest.
Not too sure about the interest part but I am open to playing for the North Stars. Fuck Toronto tho.

2) What kind of player are you trying to build? What are your goals for your career? Do you have any interest in the management side of the site?
A sniper. I want to win a championship in my career. No interest in management.

Not too long really. Maybe another season.

4) What's your favorite NHL franchise, and what are some of your other favorite sports teams?
Oilers, Raiders.

5) What's your age group? (You can give a range like 18-24 or something of the like or not answer if you aren't comfortable with it)
20 years old.

6) How active are you on discord? Do you often start conversations with your juniors teammates? Are there any things you have in your juniors discord that you'd like to see in your future team's discord?
Not super active just because I don't know people well enough but I'm always lurking.

GFX

8) If you are interested in talking with one of the Toronto GM's further (and don't currently share a discord with one of us), please leave your discord id (username#1234) and one of us will contact you personally.
PM me if you want.

[Image: KIHXpPg.png]
[Image: det.png]

[Image: pxO2PYw.png] [Image: q95r3bg.png]

@ml002

100% yes, if you listen to my most recent podcast on the SMJHL media page hear that I already mentioned my interest. I would love to be a North Star.

Franchise goaltender who hopefully stays with the same team his entire career. I'm planning to play at least 20 seasons in the SHL w/ Knox Booth. I do have interest in the management side of the game, and will eventually find myself there as my skills and knowledge develop. 

As long as needed. I want to develop and become the best goalie possible so I see myself in the SMJ for at least 2 more seasons, however I am open to whatever my team feels is the right development path.

Toronto Maple Leafs / Toronto Raptors / Toronto Blue Jays / Seattle Seahawks (I live on the West Coast)

Fairly active, we have a good time in Colorado and are constantly communicating. I love the Pokemon game, gotta catch them all.

Mostly media with some podcasts here and there, I lack the ability to do good graphics so I stick with my strengths!

Happy to chat anytime, Tate#8493

Thank you!

[Image: f7IGJw3.png]
[Image: UFYQyLU.png]

1) First and foremost, do you have interest in playing for the Toronto North Stars? No hard feelings if you don't, simply gauging interest. I would like to play for the North Stars, mainly because I see my player as one who loves his hometown a lot. Also nice uniforms. So the North Stars are around the top of the list, though I don't know much about all the teams. 

2)  I am just looking for a well rounded Poward Forward. I don't expect him to be the highest scorer out there (scoring being a weakness), but I have envisioned him as being a supportive player that uses his body to make the play. As far as management, this being my first season, I don't know if I will till a few seasons from now.

3)  I like my teammates, and they are a good bunch of guys in Vancouver. I came late into this season, so I wouldn't mind letting Jean-Paul develop in the juniors for a couple years

4) Predators (Hockey). Tennessee Vols (College Football), Atlanta Braves (Baseball), 

5) 23

6) How active are you on discord? Do you often start conversations with your juniors teammates? Are there any things you have in your juniors discord that you'd like to see in your future team's discord? I am on there at least once a day, and I usually say something. I am more the shitposting type at times, but I have been there only a few weeks and it'll change as it goes on. All about getting used to the community. I would like to see an active discord with supportive management and players.

7) Outside of this, I do character drawing, so I have been trying to improve my GFX. Its a different style from what I usually do, but the SHL Graphics discord is helpful.

8) You can contact me. My discord is on my profile 

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-15-2019, 03:39 AM by ontanis.)

Well, i never gave much thought about the teams that i'd wish to play for, in general. I still have to get acquainted with all the teams. I've been on the site for 2 years, but never got out of the SMJHL. Toronto may not be at the top of my list, but there isn't much of a list, to be honest. Just PM me and we'll have an honest chat about my preferences. If i'm drafted here - i won't be sad.

I'm trying to build an offensive defenseman with emphasis on scoring. But i want to be able to do a little bit of everything. I'm okay with not being the star of the team, but i really want to be the player that is irreplaceable for a GM and that every GM would want to have me on his team.

As for GMing side of things.. well i haven't really spent that much time with being a player, so i might hold off from thinking about GMing stuff for quite some time.

For as long as required to get my TPE up and to come into a perfect situation for me and the team. I don't mind being in the juniors longer, as i don't want to be disappointed in my performance when i'm called up.

Chicago Blackhawks, Seattle Penguins (Darius Kasparaitis on the Penguins is my first hockey memory, so yeah). Other teams are Liverpool (soccer), Chicago Bears and Chicago Bulls.

I'm 26.

Thanks for this question. I try to be as active as i can on discord (which is sometimes difficult as i'm from Europe) and to stay up longer so i could have a chat with my teammates. I try to initiate conversations but i don't speak just for the sake of speaking. But locker room activity is my main priority for a team, like the single most important thing for me, so i could properly enjoy being on SHL. I love to share my music and memes, also i like gaming and stuff, so it's nice to speak with people that have the same interests.

Oh yah, i love to write some things up, so whenever i get inspiration, i start writing a media piece. Sometimes it's 1 media piece a month, sometimes it's 6 in a week (i'm exaggerating, of course). But i do realize that i got to earn money to keep up in the league. Also, i recently dabbled with GFX, made my first sig and trying to improve my Photoshop skills.

Of course!! i you have any questions - CheekiBreeki#4932. just hit me up and let's have a talk. if i'm not around, i'm probably sleeping and i'll get back to you in the morning.

[Image: ontanis.gif]

[Image: 6by0kBi.png] [Image: YztPk3T.png]
thanks to @Wasty, @Bruins10, @Carpy48 and @iRockstar for the sigs!

(This post was last modified: 07-15-2019, 03:33 PM by BrewskyBoy.)

I have nothing against playing for Toronto. 

I'm trying to stick to a more defensive defenseman build, but it's slowly creeping it's way into more of a two-way defender that favors the pass over the shot.

I don't mind spending a few seasons in the J if my player isn't ready to help out the big club. That being said, I'll be ready to make the jump whenever the call is made.

Detroit Red Wings. Being from Wisconsin, I'm a big Packers and Brewers fan. I also follow the Bucks, but the NBA is definitely lower on my list than the NFL and the MLB.

Very active, and I feel like I start some conversations. I don't think a day goes by without me getting into at least one or two conversations in the team discord.

I've been doing media articles fairly often (about every other week). I'm trying to push media out at a rate that will support weekly SHL training and still accumulate money for yearly equipment.

I don't have anything further to add, but feel free to reach out to me at Noah#2100 if you have additional questions.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png] [Image: UDyqktK.png]

Absolutely. I will play for whomever drafts me and if that's you then I'd definitely be willing to be a part of the franchise.

Right now just trying to build a defenseman that can help the team. I'm not looking to be an offensive defenseman but I do want to hopefully contribute and help the team out. If that's playing third line and mostly blocking shots and dishing out hits then I'll do that. If it's second line setting up teammates I'll do that.

As long as you need me to be. Realistically I'd like to spend as much time as I can building TPE before I make the jump but if you need me sooner than that's your call, not mine. I'm here to help the team.

Washington Capitals...and no I'm not a fair weather fan. I loved the Peter Bondra/Olie Kolzig Caps of old. Other teams would be Seattle Mariners, Seattle Seahawks and the now defunct Alaska Aces.

I'm an immature 34.

I'm active but still new. I don't know a lot of people as well as it seems most everyone else does but I'm ok with that. If you dont mind an oddball chiming in randomly then you wont mind me.

No GFX or podcasts but I have been doing some fairly regular media pieces.

FinnRhys#1812 or you can PM me. I dont have any real questions at this point but I would be curious to see how you see me fitting into the team and how you'd want to utilize me.

WolfpackBlizzardRaptors  raiders Switzerland  FINN RHYS  Switzerland raiders Raptors Blizzard Wolfpack

[Image: hockey__27674.1518661372.1000.1200.jpg?c=2]

[Image: iOjAcRd.gif]
(This post was last modified: 07-16-2019, 11:44 PM by JaytheGreat.)

I'm interested to play for any team that drafts me, so yes.

I'm trying to build a Center that fills the net up with pucks, but still be responsible defensively (kinda in the mold of Sergei Fedorov). My goals for my career would be making an impact in the SHL, helping my team win championships, and be known as a good and active teammate. I do have some interest in the management side.

I love my SMJHL team so as long as you want me to be.

Detroit Red Wings, Detroit sports teams and the Michigan Wolverines for college sports. 

I'm on my team's discord every night, usually I just lay back and watch my teammates do most of the talking, but now that I've gotten to know my teammates better I've been more vocal within my locker room. 

I've done just one media so far as I've been more focused on earning TPE, but I plan to start making more media.

I don't have any questions, but if you guys have any questions or just want to talk my discord is JayGreatness#010.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]   [Image: B4x6AQm.png]
Scarecrows Russia Wolfpack

Rest In Peace Dangel

1st SHL Goal - S52 Game 1 vs Tampa 3. New England Wolfpack , Jakub Bruchevski 1 (Eko Van Otter 1, Delver Fudgeson 2) at 8:10

Scarecrows Platoon Russia

[Image: F4iUWyS.png]

I do! I know a couple of people on the North Stars, and have wanted to join a new SHL team for my new player's career.

I'm looking to build a pass-first type of player. My one big plan for Zacha's career is to finally win a Four Star Cup, with a pipe dream of joining the triple gold club. I'm not exactly interested in joining the management side of the site. I was GM of Seattle (when they were still around) and found it to be very overwhelming.

I'm fine with spending however long I need to to solidify my skills! I'm also fine with staying in junior however long my SHL GMs want me to.

My favorite NHL team is the Devils, but I am also a fan of the Flyers, NY Giants, 76ers and Diamondbacks!

I just turned 21 5 days ago!

I'm incredibly active on Discord, and I will talk to my teammates often.

I've been doing graphics for the post-game shows, but I want to try to learn how to make something more (banners, sigs, etc.)

StaticShocked#1985

[Image: leblaVa.gif]
Shoutout to @adamantium for the sig! <3

I don't care, just draft me.

Sniper. Not gonna be a GM again. I remember what happened last time. The blood still hasn't come out of the carpet.

All the time. Gonna make a run at Rookie of the Year when I come up.

The Blackhawks, but I don't really give too much of a shit about hockey. My favorite sports team is the Chicago Fire Red Stars.

I am 20

Very. I am active if I actually like you people.

Not yet. I have a nice stash of money at the moment.

You know me.

[Image: KouSaotomeUndraftedSigSmol.png]
Jamie T Wrote:But I wish I'd been a little more exceptional
And I wish I'd been a little unconventional
But I was not enough, no, I'm not enough