Create Account

A Follow Up To PT #4 - Guest Star

So if you didn't see my post for PT #4, I said I would hop on American Ninja Warrior, and it went down quite well. If I'm being honest, I felt pretty shitty before going to the event. We (being the Outlaws) lost game 2 in our second-round meeting against Lethbridge at home in 2OT, and Lethbridge tied the series. Driving to LA to be featured as a guest in one of the city finals was pretty exciting, but it never sunk in during the car ride as all I could think of are the boos in the stands after the game ended. I can't blame any of my teammates for the loss. A game lasting that long with an even shot battle was a reflection on how tight the game was, but man it sucked to have those "what if" thoughts linger in your head. 

Nonetheless, after dealing with plenty of traffic and running through multiple playlists, I see co-hosts Akbar Gbajabiamila and Matt Iseman, dap them up, and let them know I'm ready to take out my frustration on this course. Speaking of which, some of the obstacles in this course include the shrinking steps, walk the plank, and spider climb. I've seen them on TV, but it was a bit overwhelming at first sight, seeing it all in front of me. I was taken to the "booth", and everything commenced. During the commercial breaks, I was asked about what it felt like being selected in the SHL draft, the current situation in Anaheim, winning the cup last season, and the sort, but as much as I wanted to answer the questions, I kept my eyes on the course. All of a sudden, Iseman says, "Ready to go?"

"3............2..........1...........and he's off!". Adrenaline rushing, crowd on their feet, and I'm off to a flying start. All that SHL training to get my strength and balance up have helped a lot. There was a point where I was holding onto a hinge for dear life so I don’t splash into the water, but everything was alright. Then, I start to feel one of the checks I took earlier from the game against Lethbridge, and man it wasn’t comfortable. 3 minutes passed, and the only thing that kept me from celebrating was that stupid spider climb. Having to will my way up through 30 feet was no easy task, so I had to play 6-D chess. After every 10 feet, there were pane-line doors that you were supposed to open, but I didn’t open them all the way because I could push them back down and stand on them and catch my breath. Shocked at this move, both Gbajabiamila and Iseman said “WOOOOW” collectively, and the next thing you know, I was on top of the world. Finishing with a time of 3:46:07, that would’ve been the fastest time of all competitors, but unfortunately I’m only making a guest appearance. But hey, the experience was well worth it.

[Image: noahshl.gif]

Switzerland Outlaws Chiefs  Player Page  Updates  Chiefs Outlaws Switzerland

Ilike

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Good job, like this a lot

good stuff tedla, this post is PT Team-Approved!!

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

Love to see these sort of expansions on the bare minimum PT requirements. Good stuff!

[Image: Partridge.png]

San Francisco

[Image: PRedauw.png]