Create Account

S48 Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 07-24-2019, 02:04 PM by Jenny.)

Task 13 sent.

Task 3:
In talking with my junior GM, I just wanted to say thank you for the many great seasons playing for the Anchorage Armada, and I would like to apologize for not being the best that I could be. So many promising preseasons led to just pretty good regular seasons instead of elite ones, and I failed to show up entirely in the playoffs this season. There was no reason for that performance and I'm sorry to leave the Armada on this note. Proud always of what we accomplished and the role I played as captain. #shipout

I hope to rise to the occasion and prove myself for Tampa Bay this season. Translating my game to the SHL stage will be an adjustment for sure, but I hope to be defensively reliable and translate that two-way awareness to a heck of a lot of goals. Hopefully I can be a part of continuing the trend of exceeding expectations.
@JSS @ascolap

Task 6:
I chose to create Olivier Cloutier as a sniper mostly because my previous player was a defensive defenceman slash goon, and so she put up hits and PIM and SB, but not points. I was ready to see what all the fuss was about with actually scoring and contributing to the team that way. I wanted to be a pure sniper and a winger so I wouldn't have to sink any of my TPE into faceoffs or checking until there's nowhere else for it to go. So far Cloutier has performed all right in the SMJHL, though he didn't show up when we actually needed him to, and I'm really hoping that I unbank all my TPE in the right places as to not have a total scrub playing in the big leagues. If he can measure up to teammates like Lagerfield and goal scorers like Visser and Gotze, he'll be sitting pretty.

Task 10:
In S45, when Olivier Cloutier was just moving to North America for the first time, the SHL finals match-up was the West Kendall Platoon versus the Edmonton Blizzard. It was a dragged out series, with the teams taking it to game seven, where the Edmonton Blizzard managed to win the game with a score of 5-3. Piotr Czerkawski scored the game-winning goal in that game early in the third period, and though the Platoon answered back, they were too far behind to catch up. That Blizzard team was led by Joe Kurczewski, who scored 19 points in 18 games; Teddy Cuddles, with 18 in 18; and Oisin Fletcher, with 16 -- but it was truly a depth effort, as four players scored 15 points, and even those playing less minutes showed up on the scoresheet fairly often. WKP had players who scored much more - LKS, Roman Augustus, and Leafer Rielly all scored more than 20 points, but they just didn't have the depth to pull out that game 7 win. Probably. [[url=archives]

Task 9:
[Image: Screenshot_20190724-115728_Twitter.jpg?w...height=160]

Task 5:
5. Both franchises come into the series with a hot Cedric! Between Winnipegs Cedric Moreau and Buffallo's Cedric Robinson which emerging netminder has the advantage over the other in this series?
Cedric Moreau and Cedric Robinson are definitely both hot bois in more ways than one. I think Moreau has the advantage here, because as Olivier Cloutier will tell you, French men are sexy and they want you to know about it. Buffalo will probably be blinded by Moreau's wily ways and never be able to score on him.

[Image: thistidalwave.gif]

ArmadaUkSpecters
Player | Updates
(This post was last modified: 07-22-2019, 07:09 PM by BadWolf.)

CW TASK: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
In S43 it was stamps, in S45 it was coins... and here in S48 the leagues looking to sell Challenge Cup Commemorative Plates! The SHL Marketing department is asking you to design a Commemorative plate honouring the leagues most important series. Plate must include both team logos on it, the league logo, the season number and at least 2 head shots of players/GM's in the series with there names underneath them.

[Image: CWPlate.jpg]

Ooof, you thought it was buried deep in cyberspace but sadley that social media post you wrote has re-surfaced during championship week and its being shared across the net. you were young and dumb! you werent a professional hockey player when it was written!... yet here it is and its time to deal with it. Provide us with that post! graphic must be done with a social media background and include your players pick, name and the wording that got you in trouble!

[Image: CWSnap.png]

TASK 13: (*CASUAL MEMBER SPECIAL* Send answer in PM, up to 3 TPE)
PM SENT

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-26-2019, 12:16 AM by Gwdjohnson.)

Task 13 Answers Submitted (3 TPE)

Task 1 (3 TPE)

Both teams in our challenge cup series come in with a healthy set of talented young players. if you were to choose a player from either teams SHL roster or there prospect pool with a (start date of S45, S46, S47 or S48) to build your team around, who would it be and why? What qualities on or off the ice make them 'that guy' and how do you think they would shape the image of their franchise? (150+ words and *tag any player involved in this task)

If I had to choose one player per team, my one for Buffalo would definitely be Alexander Selich. The young German has already solidified himself as a legit SHLer despite only having been drafted in S45, and only playing 14 minutes a game on average this season managed to put up 29 points. He is without a doubt the best player of his draft class, and he will likely be a player remembered in the history books in Buffalo. He was also instrumental in Buffalo's cup win in S48, scoring 16 points in 22 games in the playoffs, again only on 14 minutes average. @Tomen

For the Jets, it's tough but I would go with Jax Duggan. Calogero Crudelli projects to have a higher ceiling skill-wise, but Duggan is still a great player and a leader on the ice, as shown in his 15 points in 19 games that helped lead Vancouver to the 4-star cup this season. He is a leader on the ice, who has done it all now at the junior level, and he's a player I have the pleasure of working with in my upcoming management/playing foray with the Canadian WJC team. @SecondSucks22

Task 5 (3 TPE)

1. Put together a challenge cup fantasy team using the 2 teams in the finals as the player pool. This fantasy team must include at least 1 young player (S44 or higher) and in 50+ words discuss your choices.

W - Viktor Marius  Stampede : Despite an off-season overall for Marius in the regular season, he has laid questions of potential decline to rest in the playoffs, with an astounding 23 points in 16 games. He also hits an incredible amount.
C - Jason Visser  Jets : Not physical like Marius, and he also only has 9 points these playoffs, but Visser had an incredible regular season, putting up 28 goals and 60 points. Hits don't matter when you're scoring like that.
W - Ola Wagstrom  Jets  : I would go with Lil Manius here if there was no mandatory young player, but Wagstrom (S44) leads the Jets in points in the playoffs with 12 and plays a decently two-way game.
D - Gary Grease  Jets  : The franchise defenceman of the Jets, Grease plays a great two-way game, getting solid amounts of points, hits and blocks on the board.
D - Slip McScruff  Jets  : Very similar to Grease in style. He gets points on the board while also playing the body. Tatu Makela makes a good case to get into this squad, but Grease and McScruff edge it out imo.
G - Cedric Robinson  Stampede  : All the talk has been about Moreau, but I think strong defence has contributed more to his crazy stats than ability, and with Buffalo's stacked offence, Robinson will likely finish the final looking better.

5. Both franchises come into the series with a hot Cedric! Between Winnipegs Cedric Moreau and Buffallo's Cedric Robinson which emerging netminder has the advantage over the other in this series?

As said in my fantasy post, I'm giving the edge to Robinson in the battle of the Cedrics. Moreau has sensational stats thus far, but he has also had some stellar defending in front of him. Grease and McScruff are both excellent defencemen who have been excellent, and have been helping keep Moreau relatively trouble-free. Buffalo's offence has been absolutely on fire these playoffs, and with how good Viktor Marius has been, him alone could decide the goaltending debate.

2. This series boasts an interesting matchup at the blue line between star studded defenders! Which includes Troy McClure III, Gary Grease and Slip McScruff from Winnipeg.. & Buffalo's Tatu Makela, Connor Tanner and Charles Walker.. which group do you expect will outshine the other and why?

While I do think both teams have an excellent defence core, I have to give the edge to Winnipeg in the battle of these trios. Grease and McScruff put up good points while also providing many hits and blocks. Connor Tanner puts up big points, but avoids the physical part of the game too often to be very reliable defensively. Makela is a fantastic dman who is definitely about on par with Grease and McScruff, but I think overall Grease > Makela, MsScruff > Tanner, and McClure III > Walker.

Task 6 (3 TPE)

For those in the SMJHL, your job is to fine tune your game to be ready for a call up to the SHL. Part of that fine tuning is having to decide what kind of player you want to be. That can be a tough decision to make as it impacts your entire career! What made you decide on the position you picked? why did you choose your specific player template and talk to us about the type of player in the SHL that you would like your game to resemble. (must be 150+ words)

My goal is to be an offensive defenceman who is known for his ability to rip the puck in the back of the net, and be a threat on the ice at all times. When I started off my career, my shooting was very low, as I aimed to be a pass-first defenceman. However, I eventually decided that I wanted to try making a shoot-first defenceman both because it filled a need for the Armada, and it's more appealing to me to be scoring goals rather than assisting lmao. Unlike most capped defencemen in the league, I actually don't have 80 defence at the moment, which seems to have really hurt my possession numbers and general defensive reliability, so I think when I am called up for S50, I'm gonna aim to have my defence be in the 85-90 range. In the SHL I definitely aim to put up big points, because you can't draft a defenceman second overall just for their defensive work. I have big expectations to live up to, but I think if I balance out my offensive and defensive capabilities upon uncapping, I'm sure I can be a very effective SHL blueliner. (196 words)

Podtask Entry: Johnson & Johnson Podcast (15 mins, 4 TPE)

Total TPE: 16, CW Complete

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

(This post was last modified: 07-22-2019, 08:38 PM by fever95.)

Code:
CW TASK: (Written, 3 TPE)
Both teams in our challenge cup series come in with a healthy set of talented young players. if you were to choose a player from either teams SHL roster or there prospect pool with a (start date of S45, S46, S47 or S48) to build your team around, who would it be and why? What qualities on or off the ice make them 'that guy' and how do you think they would shape the image of their franchise? (150+ words and *tag any player involved in this task)
As the old cliche goes, "defense wins championships" so with that being said, the young player that I would choose to build my team around would be Season 45 13th overall selection by the Winnipeg Jets, Slip McScruff. McScruff is as good defensively as they come, playing a sound positional game with great skating instincts and some jets that he can turn on at any time. Slip can endure some big minutes when called upon and is a hart hitter who is very tough to play against, especially in the trenches and is very tough to knock of the puck as well as owning some slick puck handling abilities. He is an elite level passer who can also chip in some goals from the back end and does not usually take stupid penalties. McScruff is a very good two-way defenseman who focuses more on the defensive aspect of the game but put up 31 points during the regular season on the Winnipeg second pairing and has added seven assists during their run to the Challenge Cup Finals thus far.
@Scrufdaddy

Code:
For most of us S48 is over and now its time to sit down with your GM's for a season end review! talk to your GM's about what youve accomplished, what you are strong at, what you need to improve on and what would you like your role to be moving into S49. Task must be 150 words or more. (*Tag your GM’s)
Season 48 is not quite over for myself yet and I am hoping to cap it off by hoisting the Challenge Cup in my SHL rookie season but that remains to be seen if that will be attainable. When I do sit down with the Winnipeg Jets management team and discuss my rookie campaign, there will be a lot to discuss on my final product, good and not so good results alike. First off, I will start with the not so good results in Season 48. After putting up 30 points in the SMJHL with the St. Louis Scarecrows in Season 47, my offensive production dropped to 14 points (2 goals, 12 assists) in Season 48, playing on the Jets third line but that is to be expected, coming into the SHL as a first year player, it will take time to develop offensively. Another not so good result was my -5 plus/minus rating, tied for second worst on the team with Commander Shepard so I will need to shore up my defensive and positional game heading into Season 49. Now onto the positives for the season, starting with both of my goals during the regular season ending up being game-winning goals so I know that I can come through in the clutch when it matters most. I was very physical during the season, delivering 100 body checks even and was only only the receiving end of 35 hits as well as blocking four shots so that aspect of my game is coming into form nicely as I clear room on the ice for my linemates. Moving onto Season 49, I expect my role to stay the same, being a mainstay on the third line as my game evolves into that of a power forward, once I am signed to a contract extension that is as my entry level contract expires at the conclusion of the playoffs.
@FlappyGiraffe @Troy_McClure03

Code:
Task 05: (Written, up to 4 TPE)
Pick up to 4 challenge cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth '1' TPE. Each answer must be '50' words or more.

1. Put together a challenge cup fantasy team using the 2 teams in the finals as the player pool. This fantasy team must include at least 1 young player (S44 or higher) and in 50+ words discuss your choices.

2. This series boasts an interesting matchup at the blue line between star studded defenders! Which includes Troy McClure III, Gary Grease and Slip McScruff from Winnipeg.. & Buffalo's Tatu Makela, Connor Tanner and Charles Walker.. which group do you expect will outshine the other and why?

3. Winnipeg making it to the finals was an unexpected surprise. What were some of the main reasons why this franchise was able to persevere into the leagues most important series.  (*tag anyone involved)

4. Buffalo has made it to the finals in 2 of the last 3 seasons. Who or what has been a primary reason for the recent success of this franchise. (*tag anyone involved)

1. Jason Visser - Lil Manius - Louie Garrett
Tatu Mäkelä - Gary Grease
Vivian LeBlanc

Jason Visser and Lil Manius are a dynamic duo that have great chemistry together and adding Louie Garrett to the fold would make for an unstoppable offensive force. On the back end, Gary Grease and Tatu Mäkelä and two of the top offensive defensemen who are also very punishing in the physical aspect of the game and although, Vivian LeBlanc has not seen any action in the playoffs as of yet, she is a very good young goalie who put up decent numbers during the regular season and will only continue to get better with experience.

2. In my opinion, the trio of Winnipeg Jets' defenders will be the ones who outperform the Buffalo Stampede defenders. Each of the three blueliners on each team have a combined 19 points in the playoffs thus far and the Jets' trio has combined for 83 hits while the Stampede's trio have recorded 54 hits. Buffalo has played three more games than Winnipeg and the Jets' defenders have recorded a combined +10 plus/minus rating while Buffalo's have a combined +5.

3. The Winnipeg Jets were expected to be a dark horse for qualifying for a playoff spot but they exceeded those expectations and competed for the President's Trophy and now here they are in the Challenge Cup Finals. I think the biggest reason for this has been the emergence of their third line, the kid line of Commander Shepard, Noah Gallagher and Nick Brain. Brain put up 28 points during the regular season while Shepard had 17 and Gallagher at 14, a nice boost from a third line. They have continued that success into the playoffs, posting 11 points as a line in 13 games.
@StadiumGambler @LarksTongue @fever95

5. Both goaltenders have been instrumental in their team's success during these playoffs but I give Winnipeg's Cedric Moreau a slight advantage over Buffalo's Cedric Robinson due to the fact that Moreau has over a 1% better save percentage than Robinson as well as allowing slightly less goals per game and playing over 100 less minutes, yet facing just seven shots less. It will be an interesting matchup to watch and could be the difference maker in the outcome of the series.

Code:
CHALLENGE CUP HISTORY reports will be viewed instead of commericals for those watching the series online! pick any previous challenge cup finals from before your current player's time in the SHL and in 150+ words talk about the series including who won and in how many games, and who were some of the better players in that series. [include link to archives]
Let's go back to the Season 44 Challenge Cup Finals which featured the West Kendall Platoon and the Winnipeg Jets, the last time the Winnipeg Jets were able to advance to the Challenge Cup Finals. Winnipeg finished third in the West that season while West Kendall finished second in the East, the Jets ousting the Los Angeles Panthers in six games as well as the Edmonton Blizzard in six games to advance to the final series while the Platoon eliminated the Hamilton Steelhawks in five game and the Minnesota Chiefs in a tough seven game series. Winnipeg took the opening game of the finals series by a score of 4-2 on the strength of a pair of goals from Corey Bearss as well as markers from Jason Visser and Kyle Kylrad while Artom Zhumbayev stopped 17 shots in net. West Kendall came back in game two, throttling the Jets by a score of 5-1 with four different goal scorers and pepping Zhumbayev with 40 shots to get a split at home, heading to Winnipeg. The Jets took back the momentum at home, winning 5-3 in game three on the shoulders of a four point night from Crossfit Jesus and a 37 save performance from Artom Zhumbayev. In game four, Winnipeg put a stranglehold on the series, winning in convincing fashion with a 6-2 win in a game that seen three point nights from four different players and 17 saves from AZ. West Kendall staved off elimination at home in game six in a goal scoring marathon that finished with a 7-4 final with a trio of three point nights from Platoon players and 40 shots on goal. Game six was the final game of the series as the Jets pulled off a 4-1 win at home in front of their crowd and four different goal scorers. There were too many good performances in this series to pick just one but goaltender, Artom Zhumbayev ended up winning the Anton Razov Trophy as playoff MVP.

S44 Playoff Index
Game 1
Game 2
Game 3
Game 4
Game 5
Game 6

Code:
Its trivia time with 4 questions related to our Challenge Cup participants!
PM sent.

[Image: fever95.gif]
[Image: LpkqUbe.gif]

PREVIOUS PLAYER STATISTICS
(This post was last modified: 07-22-2019, 08:24 PM by DaftRaincloud.)

Task 6:

When I created Jonas I had one thought in mind - goals. And lots of them. That's why I elected to create him as a winger. I wanted to be a forward from the beginning, but as a center I would have more responsibility in regards to creating offense and setting up plays. I want Jonas to skate up the ice, get into his spots, and snipe some pucks in past the goalie. Nothing more, nothing less. I think that I am making good progress towards this goal since this season in the SMJHL I was able to maintain a shooting percentage ~30% up until the final four games of the season. Looking at the SHL individual leaders guys who jump off the page that I would like to reach the numbers of are Jason Visser and Manuel Gotze.

Task 8:

"Folks, you know that we know hockey. Now let me tell you this - put aside everything else you were planning on doing and clear the calendar because trust me when I tell you that watching this challenge cup series is going to be the best thing you can spend your time doing. We've got something for everyone here! You like underdogs? Well how about this - Buffalo was the fifth seed going into the playoffs and now they're four games away from having their names etched into the cup for all of time! What's that you say? You like watching goals? Well of course you do, who doesn't?! What if I told you that the Winnipeg Jets averaged more than three goals per game? Do I have your attention now? So do the smart thing and watch the challenge cup everybody, I promise you won't regret it."

I want this ad read on the Johnson & Johnson podcast, and the reason is two-fold. Of course we have the Armada connection. They are my fellow boat bros in the locker room and I want my friends to eat. Secondly, I believe that the two of them have a unique chemistry and energy that makes them stand out from the competition. With these two guys rocking the mics the ad read would be hilarious. @frithjofr @Gwdjohnson

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/glswenson.gif[/img]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/agentchadjohnson.gif[/img]

1. The one person I would build a team around for the Winnipeg Jets would be Jax Duggan, @SecondSucks22. Jax is looking to become the penultimate puck moving defenceman, the king of Powerplays. To begin on why he would be a good choice we would have to start with the captaincy potential. Any good team needs a leader to rally around and through interactions in the Vancouver Locker room I am confident that he has both the character and experience to become a premier locker room presence in this league. Additionally, he projects to be a bona fide number one defenceman who could challenge for Top Dman some time in the not too distant future. He is a player who can hold his own in his zone and keep shots down to a minimum while peppering the opposing goalie from the blue line. He is a win- win player that I believe any team would be lucky to have on their roster
5.2. I believe that while Winnipeg is fielding a quite respectable defensive roster, that the Buffalo Stampede have a better core to work with. Any pairing that starts with Makela- Tanner is going to do phenomenal already defensively let alone as an offensive pairing, it starts the Stampede off with a fantastic step up, following them however is a veteran presence with metzler and finally Walker. It’s just a lineup that i think is going to be challenging to defeat from experience.
5.3. Looking at Winnipeg’s statlines, there really isnt anything that truly sticks out to you as a team that’s made it through to the finals, however it is easy to see that the team as a whole put out an outstanding effort. With so many pieces in play scoring relatively evenly, you will start sneaking up which worked for the Platoon last season through depth.
5.4. The stampede have managed to field an outstanding team over the past few seasons through the increasing of their own depth through FA and trades, they have a fairly old team that may just be the Retirement home of the SHL currently, but they are fairly close together also so their window doesnt have the ups and downs that Winnipeg has recently had troubles with.
5.5. I think that Robinson has been pulling out the stops so far and I also believe that he may be the ultimate difference maker for this finale. While he boasts a lower Save Percentage, he has higher win totals and altogether less losses than the 8-4-1 Moreau with a 12-2-1 record thus far.
(This post was last modified: 07-22-2019, 10:39 PM by awils13.)

Code:
Task 05: (Written, up to 4 TPE)
Pick up to 4 challenge cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth '1' TPE. Each answer must be '50' words or more.

3. Winnipeg making it to the finals was an unexpected surprise. What were some of the main reasons why this franchise was able to persevere into the leagues most important series.  (*tag anyone involved)

4. Buffalo has made it to the finals in 2 of the last 3 seasons. Who or what has been a primary reason for the recent success of this franchise. (*tag anyone involved)

1. F - Viktor Marius
F - Jason Visser
F - Lil Manius
D - Gary Grease
D - Cassius Darrow 
G - Buffalo
For this I mostly looked at the current fantasy rankings. Marius, Visser and Grease have been consistent fantasy producers for a while now. Manius is coming off an incredible top-10 season. I think Buffalo goalies is a safer pick with a higher floor, and Darrow is a great young defenseman who could break out as soon as next season.

2. It's pretty close. Just looking at tpe, Grease is the best defenseman in this series. On the other hand, McScruff is just under 1000 tpe because he's S45. Buffalo has Makela who has fewer tpe than Grease but not by much. Tanner and Walker are in regression but they're experienced players who are still pretty good. Overall, I think Buffalo has better depth so I'd bet on them.

3. The second round wasn't a surprise, I think it was a series between two evenly matched teams and Jets managed to win it in 6. However, I think you can say that Jets pulled off an upset in the third round as not many people expected them to beat the Specters. After trailing 2-3 in the series Winnipeg managed to win games 6 and 7, thanks to clutch play by their goaltender who stopped 28 of 31 and 38 of 40 in those games.

4. Probably good drafting and trading. They have a very good roster right now, 13 players over 1000 tpe or close to it. They have some great prospects too, so they don't even need to rebuild any time soon. Also, it helps when another team is willing to accept a terrible trade (for them) and a great trade for you. What was it, 3 first round picks? Smh Chiefs

Code:
For those in the SMJHL, your job is to fine tune your game to be ready for a call up to the SHL. Part of that fine tuning is having to decide what kind of player you want to be. That can be a tough decision to make as it impacts your entire career! What made you decide on the position you picked? why did you choose your specific player template and talk to us about the type of player in the SHL that you would like your game to resemble. (must be 150+ words)

I decided to create a center because I believe it's the most impactful position on the ice after a goaltender. If you look at NHL teams that won the stanley cup in recent seasons, almost all of them have an elite center. Most of the players who are considered to be generational talents are centers.

I chose two-way forward as my build because I wanted to create a player you can count on in any game situation. I didn't even know that defense was so important in STHS and you can't score without it, so it turned out to be a pretty good decision since I put defense at 60 in my initial build. I might not have had the greatest rookies season, but I did ok, and I think this is the reason why.

In SHL obviously my player will have high defense. Probably shoot-first, good skating and puck handling. I don't really care about hits so I'm probably not going to update checking until all my other attributes are maxed.

Code:
Ooof, you thought it was buried deep in cyberspace but sadley that social media post you wrote has re-surfaced during championship week and its being shared across the net. you were young and dumb! you werent a professional hockey player when it was written!... yet here it is and its time to deal with it. Provide us with that post! graphic must be done with a social media background and include your players pick, name and the wording that got you in trouble!

[Image: n5fWXyl.png]

Code:
CHALLENGE CUP HISTORY reports will be viewed instead of commericals for those watching the series online! pick any previous challenge cup finals from before your current player's time in the SHL and in 150+ words talk about the series including who won and in how many games, and who were some of the better players in that series. [include link to archives]

Today we're gonna be going back to the S41 challenge cup matchup between West Kendall Platoon and Los Angeles Panthers. It was an exciting series which took 7 games.

WKP showed incredible resilience as they lost the first two games, battled back and won game 3 and 4.
Then lost game 5. Facing elimination, they won game 6 and 7.

In game 4 Beaujeaux Biscuit posted an impressive 45 save shutout and prevented LAP from taking a commanding 3-1 series lead.

Offensively, WKP were led by Mikko Linna and Alex Light and John Langabeer.

I think WKP had better depth players while LAP was a top-heavy team with a number of superstars like Maximilian Wachter, Jean-Luc Reflieux, Matthew Auston, Yuri Boyka Jr. and Sophia Bennett. All these players scored over point per game in these playoffs.

At the 54 minute mark of game 7 Los Angeles held a 4-3 lead, then John Langabeer stepped up in a big way and scored two clutch goals in the span of 12 seconds.

http://simulationhockey.com/games/shl/S4...allPlatoon

Code:

sent

Player info | Updates | Stats
SteelhawksCanadaWhalers

[Image: aawil.gif]
(This post was last modified: 07-23-2019, 12:26 AM by Vandy.)

Quote:CW TASK: (Written, 3 TPE)

If I were to pick a player, only one comes to mind. @hhh81 better known as Cass Darrow. We played together in Colorado, his entire tenure he exuded leadership. The player he most reminds me of is Erik Karlsson. The strength to lead a team anywhere. Cass is able to maintain a General role on the ice, tactically dictating play to suit the needs of the team at any given time. Off the ice, he is a positive role model and mentor to guys in the locker room both in Colorado and Buffalo. I know when I was drafted to Buffalo, I was and continue to be extremely excited to play along side someone who is going to help me be the player I want to be and bring out the best of me night in and night out. Cass is a sure fire hall of famer and someone I am incredibly lucky to call a good friend.

For most of us S48 is over and now its time to sit down with your GM's for a season end review! talk to your GM's about what youve accomplished, what you are strong at, what you need to improve on and what would you like your role to be moving into S49. Task must be 150 words or more. (*Tag your GM’s)

I think @WannabeFinnknows what I want and that is to be called up and play a game for Buffalo. He's making it happen so I've got no real worries. What have I accomplished? I wish I could say I've brought 3 or 4 four star cups to Colorado or I've won a prestigeous trophy. But I haven't. What I have done is form a formidable high scoring defensive pairing with Jules Watt and for most of the season was one of the top scoring Defensemen in the J. I helped to quarterback a potent power play and led in PP scoring the first half of the season. Where I need improvement is lowering Penalty Minutes. Early in the season I was the lowest on the team with 2 and ended the season in the mid 30s including one fight. So discipline is a necessity. Overall, I feel like I am ready to go finally and I am grateful for Finn for giving me the opportunity next season.

When I first joined the league, I thought about wanting to be the next Gretz or Lemieux but the truth is I like to hit people, even RL. So I started thinking of D, Chelios, Karlsson, Stevens, etc until I settled on Andrei Markov from Montreal. Someone who could hit and also score 30 points a season and thats the kind of player I zeroed in on. In the new NHL, post 05 lockout the need for huge bodied D men is gone and speed is king. In the SHL, there's no injuries and I've no idea how speed is worked out but puck handling and defense are a huge necessity for any two way defender. If there is an SHL player that I could fine tune into as well, Cass Darrow and Jules Watt are it. High scoring but essential defenders on the first line who can get down to block shots but are also pivotal 200 foot game players.

Quote:CW TASK: (Graphic, 3 TPE)

[Image: 39avQzR.png]

(This post was last modified: 07-28-2019, 04:30 PM by Baelor Swift.)

Code:
CW TASK 1: (Written, 3 TPE)

If I had to choose a single player from either Buffalo or Winnipeg's roster or "there" prospect pool, I would go with Season 45 create Alexander Selich. Why, you ask? Well, he is a very good player all around and even at his young age he is making a real impact on an elite team. He is developing very quickly and is shaping up to be a big star in the SHL as a true offensive force. With 29 points this season, he is well on his way to earning an increased role and scoring more points. But not only is Selich very committed on the ice and at practice, always one of the hardest workers but he is a good positive force in the locker room and can help create a positive atmosphere anywhere he goes. One time, I even heard he bought all his teammates flowers on Valentine's Day because he is just such a nice and romantic guy.

@Tomen

Code:
CW TASK 3: (Written, 3 TPE)

Well, this past season was not a good one for my first full season in Manhatten @JayWhy. My performance did not quite meet expectations but I think that, in spite of our miserable failure in achieving our team goal of competing for a cup, I have proven myself to be a very valuable member of the team. I think I have settled into the locker room well and also, as I have done everywhere I've gone from setting the single season +/- record in Detroit to IIHF with Finland, and my first team in the Minnesota Chiefs, I have once again led the team in +/- among all regulars. While a -6 rating is quite terrible on the surface, when you compare it to the rest you will see that Tokek Takshak and I actually did very well. Moving into Season 49 is an interesting topic. I will be a free agent this off-season and have informed my GM that I will be testing. I expect to make solid money and have a big role wherever I go as I am still young and already reaching bonafide first line defenseman level play.

Code:
CW TASK 05: (Written, up to 4 TPE)

3. Winnipeg making it to the finals was an unexpected surprise. What were some of the main reasons why this franchise was able to persevere into the leagues most important series.  (*tag anyone involved)

F - Dermot Lavelle
F - Viktor Marius
F - Louie Garrett
D - Tatu Makela
D - Cassius Darrow
G - Buffalo

So I chose this team first because I think it would be cool and very possible to choose an all-Buffalo team to really display the strength of their squad. The young player I chose was Cassius Darrow because he is very impressive and the difference between him and Metzler is less than the difference between Selich and Garrett. But I think this fantasy team really brings it all - hits, shot blocks. Goals, assists. And Buffalo is the best team in the series so going with their goalies I think is the best move.

3. I think Winnipeg was able to make it for a few key reasons. First, it obviously lies in the way they have built the team and developed draft picks. They have done a good job with this just by looking at how many home grown players are on their roster. This should afford them continued success. But also they have benefitted by the coinciding of their player development with increased parity in the Western Conference. With the way some of the recent powerhouses have taken step backs, the time was ripe for a newer team to come out on top.

4. Buffalo did great at developing players and identifying great players through the draft. Additionally, they have done well in trades and often come out on top at getting assets for departing players. And, of course, I think they have done a great job at building a strong locker room that encourages members to stick around and be part of what is honestly becoming a machine. @WannabeFinn

5. While both squads have hot goaltenders going into the finals, I think you need to go with the Buffalo Stampede's Cedric Robinson. He has proven he can play at a high level throughout his career in both the SHL and SMJHL and already has experience in the Challenge Cup Finals. Honestly, I think the inexperience of Cedric Moreau will end up costing the Winnipeg Jets as he represents one of many areas in which the Jets are simply inferior to the Stampede.

Code:
CW TASK 8: (Written, 3 TPE)
S48 was the season of the podcasts here in the SHL and with increased audio competition comes the fight for Challenge Cup advertising! HO has asked you to create an audio add for a "Buffalo/Winnipeg preview" script to be aired on the radio. Create a '100' word hype add and then choose which podcast it will be appearing on and in 50+ words explain why you chose that podcast to air the script. (*Tag anyone involved)

It's Season 48 here and the Challenge Cup Finals are back! For the second time in three seasons, the Eastern Conference will be represented by the Buffalo Stampede. On the other side, the Winnipeg Jets will be representing the Western Conference. This is sure to be an exciting series full of action. The Stampede come in looking for their second cup in three seasons while the Jets are back in the finals after a long hiatus, capping off what has been a season in which their young stars have really proven theirselves. Who will take home the Season 48 Challenge Cup? Tune into the SHL to find out!

I would choose @"ArgGarBarGar"'s podcast to air the script. Why, you might ask. Well, it is because he has a good, reliable podcast with people who are always bound to tune in. Also the fact that I'm not really sure who is actively putting out podcasts right now. But I think he has the audience to really make people aware of the excitement going on in the SHL.

Code:
CW TASK 10: (Written, 3 TPE)

Code:
CW TASK 13: (*CASUAL MEMBER SPECIAL* Send answer in PM, up to 3 TPE)

1. What Buffalo Stampede player recorded a +28 which was the greatest +- number in franchise history?
2. Name 3 players in the Winnipeg Hall of fame
3. Who was Buffalos's 1st round draft pick back in S34?
4. When was the last time the Winnipeg Jets won the Challenge Cup Championship and who was it against?

**Important**: Send the answers to username "PT Director" with the subject of the message titled “#ACE of Base" do not send it to my personal account cause i will not look at it and you will not recieve credit for it. Do not post the answers in here cause you will not get credit for the task. [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer]
SENT

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

TOTAL TPE: 16

TASK 1
The guy that I’d choose out of both teams would be Winnipeg Jets forward Noah Gallagher. Gallagher was a player that my war room and I were very high on and had circled during his draft, and he slipped from my grasp just a couple of picks before we could call his name out at the draft table. Ultimately, things worked out regardless, but it would’ve been nice to add Gallagher to the fold. His agent, Fever95, is someone that I have worked with extensively in the past and it’d be nice to continue that New England Wolfpack connection that we had historically. Things happen for a reason, I suppose, and he’s probably in a better situation for his career as he’s sitting in the Challenge Cup Finals while we’re fighting to get back into the playoff discussion here in New England. It doesn’t hurt to wonder “what if”, though, does it?

TASK 3
Tigole Bitties had an up and down season. A year removed from his Scott Stevens Trophy triumph, his production dropped and will most likely not hear his name called when the annual nominations for the trophy are announced for the S48 SHL Awards Show. With that said, he saw a better team result around him, and that likely influenced his drop in scoring as there was more scoring punch throughout the New England lineup. It’s not all negative, however, as Tigole Bitties was able to tie a league record for the number of shootout goals scored in a season with eight of them. Regression will be rearing its ugly head again this offseason, and it’ll be eating away at Tigole’s hands tin the shootout situation, so this will be likely the last year of his skills competition dominance. The Wolfpack coaching staff have instructed Tigole to focus on his health and conditioning – with the young roster on the cusp of greatness, they’ll need their grizzled defensive leader to continue guiding the way.

TASK 5.1
F – Viktor Marius, lethal offensive threat, good at tossing the body around. Collects the points for points, and points for hits.
F – Hippo Passimus, just all around dominant offensive performance thus this postseason.
F – Dermot Lavelle, because why not? Buffalo party time. Let me go rinse my mouth out.
D – Alexis Metzler, the ageless wonder. Regression will be dicking him hard this offseason, but he’s still a gem.
D – Gary Grease, because I had to have the Winnipeg Jets represented somewhere.
G – Buffalo

TASK 5.2
I expect the Buffalo contingent to outpace the Winnipeg squad simply due to depth. I don’t think many folks saw the Jets coming out of the West – I feel as if they’ve arrived at the pinnacle of the SHL world a bit prematurely and before their roster is ready. Buffalo is battle hardened, and despite their recent Challenge Cup triumph, they do have some vets on the roster looking to go out on top.

TASK 5.4
Buffalo is a wagon now. As much as it pains me to say it, Wannabefinn knows how to run a ship, and having Tomen as your 2nd in command is a boon and a half. Tomen, at this point, is essentially a walking and Discording SHL encyclopedia. These two, surrounded by the fantastic roster they built, are the cornerstone of their franchise’s annual contention.

TASK 5.5
Neither of these Cedrics matter to me as they’re not Cedric Diggory, who is the one and true Cedric. I suppose if I had to choose one of these netminders, I’d go with Buffalo simply because I feel their defensive core is deeper and more prepared to protect the Stampede crease.

TASK 9
[Image: 9tBebu4.png]

TASK 13
PM SENT.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

Code:
I would choose Nikolaj Muller to be the centerpiece of my franchise. There are many things to love Muller and his user that you build a franchise around. One of them is that he has been consistently good at the SMJHL level which will translate to the SHL very easily. On the user side he is the keeper of bots and is a great LR personality to have. On ice he is a great Left Winger, which can carry a line by himself. Great defense, good hands, skating needs some work but he has the talent there. If he really wants to be a franchise forward he will have to learn the center position though, but that can be easily taught with some good coaching. He has all the talents for a young forward such as himself though. He lead the league in points in the SMJHL level, so all we need to build around him is a franchise goalie and franchise defenseman and we are set. @esilverm 

Code:
I sat down with my GM to discuss my season. We talked about my goals coming into the season, and how both were missed and what we could do to reach that goal.  I mean, 40 points isnt bad at all, but my first half of the season was just really bad and the 2nd half i was coming into my hot streaks. I was planning on 20 goals and trying to get 50 points, and both goals werent hit, but then again Manhattan had a really bad season in general, so next season should be the season I will get 20 goals for the first time in my career. I also switched to Center this season to fill our 2C hole that we had, so I had to get used to that as well. We talked about the future of Manhattan, you know I just signed a 2 year extension with them, so im here for the foreseeable future.

Code:

1. Jason Visser - Michael Scarn- Louie Garret as the forwards. Tatu Makela - Gary Grease as the defenseman, and Cedric Robinson as the goalie would be a deadly combination. (Michael Scarn as the young player). They have one of the best goalies this past 3 seasons along with some of the premier players at their positions this decade too.

3. Veterans with the will to win, and new playesr that are playing like vets. They have one of the best players to ever play the game in Jason Visser, along with some great rookeis in Michael Scarn, Lil Manius, Olga Walstrom, Nick Brain, etc. On the defensive side they have 3 pairings of great defenseman, with a mix of vets and young players.

4. I just feel like Buffalo had been underperforming for the beginning of the S40's and they finally brought it all together. With better coaching and buying at the deadline they have become one of the deadliest teams in hockey right now. Acquiring Louie Garret is a great move ,and trading McZerhl also proves you can buy and sell at the trade deadline and still be competitive. 

5. Cedric Robinson has been the better goalie this year, even though his team has struggled Cedric Does good enough to get his team into the playoffs. Cedric also has the tandem in Vivian Leblanc, as they split starts, while Cedric had to be the best goalie for 44 games out of 50. In the playoffs, Buffalo has been great with Cedric helping them by stopping many many pucks.

Code:

http://simulationhockey.com/games/shl/S3...nding.html
Season 31, over 15 season old now, New England beat Edmonton 4-1 in the series. Patrikov Bure was on a tear for New England, while Edmonton had 3 stars in Tommy Creller, Ivan Koroviev, and Winston Windsor all had 16 points in that 16 games that they played. for goalies, Edmonton had Brett Broadway with some good stats for the playoffs, and for New England they had Jakob Tanner who put up elite numbers in the finals who were able to secure the win for them winning their 2nd cup in 3 seasons. Truely a dominant team. Game 1, New England won 2-1. In Game 2, New England won 3-0. In Game 3, New England won 3-1. In Game 4, Edmonton won 5-3, trying to get the reverse sweep started. in the end, New England won game 5 6-2 in a dominant series for them. It is easy to see why New England was so feared in the early S40's.

Code:
CW TASK 13: (*CASUAL MEMBER SPECIAL* Send answer in PM, up to 3 TPE)

1. What Buffalo Stampede player recorded a +28 which was the greatest +- number in franchise history?
2. Name 3 players in the Winnipeg Hall of fame
3. Who was Buffalos's 1st round draft pick back in S34?
4. When was the last time the Winnipeg Jets won the Challenge Cup Championship and who was it against?

**Important**: Send the answers to username "PT Director" with the subject of the message titled “#ACE of Base" do not send it to my personal account cause i will not look at it and you will not recieve credit for it. Do not post the answers in here cause you will not get credit for the task. [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer]

sent

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

(This post was last modified: 07-26-2019, 05:32 PM by XLeafer.)

Well having a young good team is very important and both Buffalo and Winnipeg do so. I honestly do not know anything about every team except tampa bay because I do not pay attention to the situation for every team so really what the hell do I say. But knowing who I know and I have been with Buffalo, @Tomen seems to lead the way for his draft class in S45 I think. Selich has become a very consistent player and looking to become one of the best in the league in terms of every aspects. He had a great season with Buffalo and expect an ever better season the coming season and the city of Buffalo is ready to build a statue for him alongside Rielly's statue when he brought the city its first championship. Right now, he is a great depth player and in the future he will be their best player.

I do not know who my GMs are. Haha kidding, do not be angry @JSS and Jepox. But I will let you know this. I have already had great seasons in junior and probably the best player in the minors right now even though stats do not tell but I can score goals and I am the goat. In terms of earning, I am the most underrated draftee in my draft class because I have dropped out of the top 10 which is a big mistake and dumb. You made the right choice to draft me and it is your best pick you will ever make. Also, as for next season goes, I want to play minutes and not like less than 15 minutes a night because I am not an inactive or a very low TPE player because I will hit 700+ TPE when the new season starts so I want some apples.

CW TASK 6: (Written, 3 TPE)
Well this is an easy task. I chose to be a sniper. With my player player, I was a playmaker and making a lot of plays to create some goals and get a bunch of assists which is basically what a playmaker does. Being a playmaker was boring because they do not basically score goals and I want to score goals and that was when I knew my recreate needed to be a damn sniper. Now I score goals in the junior and I am looking forward to scoring more and more goals in the pro league. It was not a tough decision when I had it all planned out and I knew it had to be done. Scoring goals is my thing and my personal thing to do because I like apples and apples are fun to do. I want to score clutch goals like game winning goals or cup winning goals and be a hero.

CW TASK 8: (Written, 3 TPE)
Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages. The challenge cup finals is the biggest sports series in all of sports and it will the biggest part of the year. Between two teams who worked their asses off throughout the season and to get to this stage, they will do even more work when they are 4 wins away from the biggest championship in all of sports. I need to remind you all that this is the series you cannot miss at all so I am here to make sure every single son bitch I am talking to have to tune in to watch this.

I obviously will choose slappy's podcast. I have listened to slappy's podcast for a long time and his podcasts are a must watch for being so good. My ad is also very elite and very attracting so it makes perfect sense for my elite ad to be promoted on his podcast.

I will never forget the S41 Challenge Cup Finals between the Los Angeles Panthers and the West Kendall Platoon. This was before my current player but it involved my previous player so obviously I remember and it was very special. It was between two teams who are looking to win their first championship for a very long time which is why this series was so great. The series went to a game 7 which was even more dramatic and it was a very close game. Back and back over and over again which is why this series is memorable. At the end of the series, west kendall won and it was their first championship in over 25 seasons which is why this finals was my favourite. Langabeer scored the winning goal with Rielly assisting it, Light and Wilson put on a show and Beaujeaux was a fantastic goaltender who was the MVP of the series.

Code:
CW TASK 13: (3 TPE)
Sent

[Image: giphy.gif]

(This post was last modified: 07-25-2019, 01:20 PM by bbjygm.)

Code:
CW TASK 2: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
The SHL will honor this seasons Hot Potato award winners during a ceremony between periods of the challenge cup championships! Worried about thievery, bbjygm has asked for better security around the ceremonial potato. Create a graphical plan involving 2 players in the Challenge cup series protecting the Ceremonial Potato. Any Graphic should include those players renders and names, the ceremonial potato and wording describing the plan of action! (*Tag both players involved)

@FlappyGiraffe @Muford
[Image: uVPVIsa.png]

Code:
CW TASK 4: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
The league is looking to its graphic designers for some series preview pics to sell at the games. Create a challenge cup preview graphic which should include 1 player from each team to represent their franchise! The graphic should also there name and renders, the current season, the television channel that the series is on and some hype wording on the series.

@Trautner @Mayuu
[Image: V3h1Xlo.png]

Code:

3. Winnipeg making it to the finals was an unexpected surprise. What were some of the main reasons why this franchise was able to persevere into the leagues most important series.  (*tag anyone involved)

5. I believe that Winnipeg's Cedric Moreau has the goalie advantage over Cedric Robinson. Although Robinson has less losses, Moreau has the better GAA and SV%, plus less minutes played so he is fresher when their matchup comes in the finals. They have seen similar shots against, so this means Winnipeg's defense is not as on the ball as Buffalo's, but for the goalie matchup Moreau has held his team in the playoffs well.

Code:
CW TASK 7: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
In S43 it was stamps, in S45 it was coins... and here in S48 the leagues looking to sell Challenge Cup Commemorative Plates! The SHL Marketing department is asking you to design a Commemorative plate honouring the leagues most important series. Plate must include both team logos on it, the league logo, the season number and at least 2 head shots of players/GM's in the series with there names underneath them.

@grok @treant
[Image: 8kzfgEO.png]

Code:
CW TASK 9: (Graphic, 3 TPE)

[Image: aHEq0Uf.png]

Code:
CW TASK 11: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
TASK FIVE: Eggy has asked that we make available some Finals-themed sigs to promote around the site. These Challenge Cup sigs should include one of the players playing in the finals. Must include player name, render, team color(s), and some mention or indication of the finals. (Render must be near or at 400x by 200x)

@Trautner
[Image: 0qlSqcJ.png]

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

Code:
After the S48 regular season, I sat down with @"luketd" and told him that I will be staying down in the J for another season. I also mentioned that I recorded a career high in points and that I should have a strong consideration for 1st line center, as @aaronwilson has already come forward and said he would be content with being 2nd line center. I feel I'm fit for 1st line center due to me being strong at faceoffs, having the ability to make plays for myself and my linemates, and playing a solid 200-foot game. I do feel like I need to improve on the actual production I create, as I feel my point totals have been a little lower than they should be. In conclusion, I'm excited to stay one more season down in Vancouver, whether we win the championship this season or not. Hopefully, we can come back in the series against Anaheim so we have the chance to go back-to-back, but we gotta take one step a time. 

Code:

Code:
CW TASK 6: (Written, 3 TPE)

Code:
CW TASK 9: (Graphic, 3 TPE)

[Image: dmills3.gif]
[Image: 6by0kBi.png] || [Image: ohmEd0h.png]

CanadaWhalersSteelhawks