Create Account

S48 SMJHL Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 07-22-2019, 09:12 PM by Jenny.)

The playoffs are a super exciting time of the season. You know what makes them more exciting? Giving out a ton of TPE!

Here's how this will work: there are five tasks, each of which is worth up to 2 TPE for putting in a little effort, for a total of 10 possible TPE. You can complete them in any order and do as few or as many as you would like.  (If a task includes a written and a graphics option, you will only get credit for doing one or the other, not both.)

ONLY S48 SMJHL DRAFTEES (S49 SHL DRAFTEES) CAN EARN TPE FOR CW TASKS

Task #1 - [Written Option]  Which line combination is making/has made the biggest positive impact in for your team in the playoffs? Which is making/has made the biggest negative impact? Why?  Requirements: Must include at least 150 words.  [Graphics Option]  Create an infographic comparing your team's best line combo vs the worst line combo.  Requirements: Must include at least 3 stats.

Task #2 - [Written Option] Create a Top 5 list of something to do with the playoffs (eg. top 5 weirdest things that have been poured into the Four Star Cup after a win, top 5 hilarious tweets during a certain game, top 5 goals your player scored, top 5 mascots you wish the two finals teams had instead of the current mascots, etc.) Requirements:  No specific word count, but each item in your list should be more than just one word. [Graphics Option]  Create a graphics version of your list.

Task #3 -  [Written Option]  Rank the teams in order of who you would most want to face in Finals to who you would least want to face. Explain why.  Requirements: Must include at least 150 words  [Graphics Option] Create a poster advertising your team vs whoever you'd most like to face in finals.  Requirements: Must include two team names, two team logos, and at least one render from each team.

Task #4 - If you weren't playing for your current team, which team would you most like to be playing for in the playoffs.  Explain why you chose that team and how you think you'd slot into their roster.  Would your player make a big impact on the team?  Would you improve their chances of winning a cup?  Requirements:  Must include at least 150 words.  

Task #5 -  [Written Option] Highlight any goalie matchup from any series in the playoffs. Requirements: Must include at least 150 words and 3 stats, either from playoffs or the regular season.  [Graphics Option] Create an infographic highlighting any goalie matchup from the playoffs.  Requirements: Must include 3 stats, either from playoffs or the regular season, plus both goalie renders and both team logos.

DEADLINE FOR ALL TASKS: 7 full days after the final PBP is complete, 11:59PM EST.

[Image: thistidalwave.gif]

ArmadaUkSpecters
Player | Updates
(This post was last modified: 07-29-2019, 12:03 PM by khabib.)

Task 1
The most amount of impact made by any line of the Detroit Falcons was their first offensive forward line and rightfully so. Consisting of Austin Roenick, Savoli Tankovic and Espen Knutsen Jr. the first line carried the Detroit Falcons through the first round of the playoffs. Austin Roenick had 5 goals and 5 assists for 10 points, Savoli Tankovic had 4 goals and 5 assists for 9 points and Espen Knutsen Jr. contributed with 2 goals and 5 assists for 7 points. The title of the line that had the least amount of impact for the Detroit Falcons belonged to their 3rd line. It consisted of Khabib Nurmagomedov, Skao Anazibf and Kalvins Zvenjnieks. The line is a combined -6 and is a major reason in why the Detroit Falcons were upset in 7 games against the Anaheim Outlaws. This line must be fixed and improved for the upcoming season or else the Falcons will find themselves in a similar spot.
Code:
160 words

Task 2

Top 5 Players in the Playoffs
1. Aaron Wilson (7 goals, 10 assists)
2. Cody (8 goals)
3. Esa Parmborg (3 goals, 13 assists)
4. Tibuk Soonika (0.918 save percentage)
5. Nicolaj Muller (9 points in 5 games)

Task 3
[Image: nDzoPM8.png]

Task 4
If I wasn’t already a player for the Detroit Falcons, I’d like to believe that I would want to play for the Halifax Raiders. As I was a free agent after the draft and had my pick of teams there were tons of interested teams and I had a tough decision to make. The Raiders were THIS “ __ “ close to securing a future MVP for their team but it was not meant to be. The Raiders were a great young team this season and will be a future threat for seasons to come. I believe I would slot in somewhere on the 2nd or 3rd line and perhaps propel the Raiders to a championship level contender. They pushed hard and defeated St. Louis as an underdog and that’s what I would have loved to be a part of. Definitely, I would sign with the Raiders and we would be winning the four star cup championship very soon.
Code:
159 words

Task 5
[Image: i0tYtHI.png]

[Image: KIHXpPg.png]
[Image: det.png]

[Image: pxO2PYw.png] [Image: q95r3bg.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-27-2019, 04:49 PM by Winter is Coming.)

Task #1
Our best line has probably been our most effective one offensively, which is the first line including Esa Parmborg, who led the team in offense during the playoffs with 3 goals and 13 assists for a total of 16 points, Josef Kubinec, who was second on the team in points during the playoffs with six goals and seven assists earned for a total of 13 points, and Atlas Rush, who while performed the worst of the three still gave a respectable seven points for us during the playoffs. This was by far our most effective and strongest line of the playoffs, and without them, we likely wouldn’t go nearly as far as we had in the playoffs.

Our worst line is probably our 3rd line, which includes Taisei-Tiikeri Wawazat, Jon Snow, and Freddie Sweeney. Combined together, their point totals only reaches 18, which averages only six points per player. While they certainly weren’t bad for us, compared to the other two lines, they simply performed the worst, which is to be expected since this was only our 3rd line and weren’t considered part of our top six for most of the season. I expect some of them will take that next step moving forward next season, however.
Code:
207 words

Task #2:
Many weird things were thrown on the ice during the Four Star Cup Playoffs. Many of these were paying respect to the teams’ city’s culture, but it was nevertheless weird. Here are five of the weirdest and strangest things thrown on the ice during the playoffs in no particular order.

1) Detroit Falcons – octopi: This goes without saying as there is a history of throwing octopi on the ice in Detroit.

2) Anchorage Armada – toy plastic boats: Obviously in reference to the team name and theme.

3) Halifax Raiders – alewife fish: One of the most popular types of fish caught in the harbors and surrounding waters of Halifax, Nova Scotia.

4) Lethbridge Lions - stuffed lion animals: Obviously in reference to the team’s name and it looks quite cute on the ice, as well.

5) St. Louis Scarecrow – straw: Scarecrows are made out of straw, and for those who manage to reach the ice with their throws it makes quite the mess on the ice.
Code:
166 words

Task #3:
1) Kelowna Knights: Simply put, they were the worst team during the regular season and I’d want as easy as an opponent possible to ensure that we’d win the Four Star Cup.

2) Colorado Raptors: They were the second worst team in the regular season and also the only other team worse than us in the regular season. Moreover, I’d like to beat them just as a little friendly tongue and cheek since they passed on me in the draft.

3)Detroit Falcons: Much like Colorado, they passed on me in the draft as well, and there are some good members on that team I’d love to have a friendly contest against.

4) St. Louis Scarecrows: They were the best team in the regular season and if we truly wanted to show that we were the best we’d have to beat them in the finals.

5) Anchorage Armada: I have absolutely nothing against this team, but I do think it would make for easy headlines if we beat them, such as “Sunken Battleship” or “Shipwreck” in a media piece.

6) Lethbridge Lions: The team directly ahead of us in the regular season standings and it would give us a reminder how much we overcame to win the championship by beating them and knowing they were directly on top of us.

7) Vancouver Whalers: I was co-GM here briefly and have some fond drafting memories here. Would be a bit bittersweet to beat a team I once helped manage, even if it wasn’t as a head GM and only for a few weeks.

8) Montreal Militia: The first team I ever played for as a member of the league. I have a lot of friends with the alumni and it would be somewhat bittersweet to beat them in the finals.

9) Anaheim Outlaws: I’m good friends with both the General Manager and co-GM and it would hurt to see them be defeated, even if I knew they’d be happy for me to win against them.
Code:
333 words

Task #4:
If I wasn’t a member of the Raiders, I’d likely want to play for the Outlaws, but only because I am really good friends with both the General Manager and co-General Manager of the team. I also really like the teams’ colors, nicknames, and overall theme that they landed on in Anaheim.

As to whether I would make an impact on the team? I believe I would at least from a goal scoring standpoint, as on a weaker team in the playoffs, I still managed to lead the team in goals scored with 8, and I would only imagine that would have been a higher number if I played with players who were more advanced and developed than our young core here in Halifax. I think I would have fit in nicely somewhere on the second line wing positions and added a strong goal scoring threat in their top six. I don’t know if I’d help their odds winning the cup, only because the playoffs are such a wacky two weeks that anything can possibly happen.
Code:
176 words

Task #5:
Game six of the first round against the Raptors not only clinched us the series victory but it was also an epic battle of goaltending. In this game, our goalie, Biz Nasty had his one of two games in the playoffs where he only allowed a single goal during the game. In this game he stopped an impressive 16 out of 17 shots, which translated to a save percentage of 0.941%. He played the entire sixty minutes with an absolute determination to help us reach the next round and on his performance, we absolutely did.

On the other side of the ice, the Raptors’ goaltender, Knox Booth, also had an impressive game and absolutely kept his team in the game with his performance. He faced more shots than Nasty with 22, and only allowed it one extra goal, with a save percentage translating to 0.909%. He also played all sixty minutes of the game, and though their season ended with this loss and Booth ended his playoffs with a 2-4 record, he gave it his all this game and helped take part in a goaltending battle in this last game of the series.
Code:
193 words

[Image: giphy.gif]
[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]
ShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUk
Player Page || Update Page

Task #1 - The line with the most positive impact on the Raiders playoffs run was clearly our first line of Esa Parmborg, Josef Kubinec and Atlas Rush. That line combined for 13 goals and 23 assists. While they clearly were not a line comprised predominantly of goal-scorers, this line was without a doubt, a line of playmakers that most greatly contributed to our surprising playoff run. Without this line playing the way they did it is quite possible that the Raiders playoff run would have ended in the first round and there would not be as much excitement around Halifax’s future as there is now (at least in the Halifax locker room). Now, the line that has had the biggest negative impact on the team is…. well, it’s our second line of Timmo Kyllonen, Ricky Spanish and Freddie Sweeney. While they did contribute a combined 5 goals and 18 assists, they also led the team as the line with the worst plus/minus with both Timmo Kyllonen and Ricky Spanish having -10 +/-. Ultimately, it was their +/- that led to me to choose them as the line with the most negative impact during our playoff run.      

Task #2 - Top 5 Places to Get Trashed Watching the SMJHL Finals
1)     The Cave Sports Bar – Anaheim, CA
2)     The Diamond in Gastown – Vancouver, BC
3)     Keefer Bar – Vancouver, BC
4)     The Blind Rabbit – Anaheim, CA
5)     L’Abbatoir in Gastown – Vancouver, BC

Task #3 -  So there are no divisions in the SMJHL (at least as far as I know of) so I will just rank all the teams.
 #1: Anaheim Outlaws – they beat us in the third round and man, I would love the chance of payback. Admittedly, the outcome would probably be the same since they have such a stacked lineup and arguably the best goalie in the league but I’d love another crack at it.

#2: Kelowna Knights – we didn’t play them in these playoffs but we beat them in all seven games we played in the regular season so hopefully that would continue, although we are obviously the example of regular season performance not necessarily being indicative of playoff performance.

#3: Lethbridge Lions – well, they were in the bottom four with us so why not take a shot at them?

#4: Colorado Raptors – they had their ups and downs this season and frankly, I’d love to play them again, not because they are easy but because it’s a fun matchup of two really close teams.

#5: Montreal Militia – the sole reason I picked them here is because we didn’t play them a lot this season, they aren’t Detroit, and it’s a lot closer to Halifax than Detroit (unless my geography is off).

#6: Detroit Falcons – no good reason at all for picking Detroit here. Just figured we hadn’t played Montreal a lot and I know we’d get better Halifax attendance closer to home.

#7: Anchorage Armada – this is purely an emotion pick. I’m from Anchorage and it would be tough to play them and potentially win against my hometown team.

#8: Vancouver Whalers – they are in the finals this year for a reason. They are a tough team with a load of quality players and they have one of the top goalies in the league… yeah, F- that.

#9: St. Louis Scarecrows – we got lucky beating them in Round 2. They are a great team and they’ve shown they are consistent year in and year out.

Task #4 - Frankly, if I was not playing in Halifax I probably wouldn’t be playing. I know that is the politically correct answer and based upon what I have seen recently on the forums it is important I remain politically correct. That said, my politically incorrect answer would be to play for the Anchorage Armada. It has less to do with the team or the roster they have but more to do with the location. I am from Anchorage originally and it would be amazing to play in front of the hometown crowd at Sullivan Arena or the new rink on the University of Alaska-Anchorage campus. Plus, after the games, I could stop by and grab some pizza from Moose’s Tooth on the way back to my house off Dimond. And the satisfaction of playing in front of all my friends from growing up would be priceless. Yeah, to say I have thought about this a little bit is an understatement.

Task #5 -  So, I would really want to profile the head-to-head matchup between the top two goalies in the league, Tibuk Soonika and Kasperi Braulin, but they have not played against each other yet these playoffs. Instead, I will focus on the first round matchup between Halifax’s Biz Nasty and Colorado’s Knox Booth. Both of them are clearly talented, young and hungry for greater success. In the first round Biz Nasty had an 87.6% save percentage while Knox Booth averaged 90.7%. Incredibly, even with a much lower save percentage, Biz Nasty was able to make key saves when needed and ultimately win the series. One example of this was Game 2 where Knox Booth was clearly the better goalie, making 37 saves on 39 shots. Those two goals against were the difference makers, though, as Biz Nasty had an amazing game as well, adding 25 saves on 26 shots to hold out for the win.

WolfpackBlizzardRaptors  raiders Switzerland  FINN RHYS  Switzerland raiders Raptors Blizzard Wolfpack

[Image: hockey__27674.1518661372.1000.1200.jpg?c=2]

[Image: iOjAcRd.gif]
(This post was last modified: 07-27-2019, 02:29 PM by CFJ.)

Task #1 - [Written Option] Which line combination is making/has made the biggest positive impact in for your team in the playoffs? Which is making/has made the biggest negative impact? Why? Requirements: Must include at least 150 words.

In our six game series, Kelowna's best line has to be the first line consisting of Aleksander Scherbak, Vadim Malichov , and rookie Raquel Castillo Gutierrez. They were a big driving point in the two games that took over Lethbridge as the line finished with 10 points in 6 games. There were other members of the team that stepped as well like Josef Novotny, Nicklas Engel, David Vent and Piotr Horvat etc. But alas it wasn't enough of course. In terms of duds on the Kelowna Rockets, our overall team defense was a huge one. But if I had to pin point a line that was stuggling it would have to be the 3rd line of Bryan Lee, Bobby Lane and Tah Purcheese. It seemed Tah Purcheese was the only one doing anything on the line, yes Bryan Lee had 3 points. But they weren't provided enough depth scoring to help the Knights push the team over the edge and help them win games that needed when there backs against the wall.

(171 Words)

Task #2 - [Written Option] Create a Top 5 list of something to do with the playoffs (eg. top 5 weirdest things that have been poured into the Four Star Cup after a win, top 5 hilarious tweets during a certain game, top 5 goals your player scored, top 5 mascots you wish the two finals teams had instead of the current mascots, etc.) Requirements: No specific word count, but each item in your list should be more than just one word.

Top 5 Kelowna LR Members

1. Jiggly
2. Slowpoke
3. Foehammer
4. Shiny
5. Enorama

Task #3 - [Written Option] Rank the teams in order of who you would most want to face in Finals to who you would least want to face. Explain why. Requirements: Must include at least 150 words

1. Scarecrows - The team that CrossFit Jesus played for 4 seasons in the SMJHL for and got to a 4 Star Cup Final with. It would be interesting to be on the other side to face them.

2. Falcons - Prince Devitt would like to get some revenge over the Falcons as they were the team that knocked out CrossFit Jesus in the 4 Star Cup Final in S34. It seems like a long time ago, but I haven't forgetten at at all.

3. Lions - The team that decided to pass on Prince Devitt by moving down in the S48 SMJHL Draft to the 2nd Round. We did face them in the first round in the playoffs and it didn't going so well for the Knights as they fell to the Lions in 6 games. Maybe next season as Prince Devitt gets better things will be different.

4. Raptors - In CrossFit Jesus's last season in the SMJHL, he lost to then Mammoths in the 2nd Round of the SMJHL Playoffs. He was one stop away from making the playoffs but was stopped Alek Aleksander robbing the Crows from making back to back final appearances.

5. Whalers - When I first joined the site the Knights-Whalers rivalry was at a peak high as the team were both good. As of now the Whalers are the team that the 4 Star Cup Final Contenders as the Knights on the other hand are in rebuilding mode.

6. Outlaws - Would be fun taking down the defending champs.

7. raiders - Prince Devitt taking down that Jabroni Cody would be fun. Just like irl in terms of who's the better wrestler.

8. Armada - Don't know too much about this to be honest other then Acsolap being there.

9. Militia - Same reasoning with the Armada.

(278 Words)

Task #4 - If you weren't playing for your current team, which team would you most like to be playing for in the playoffs. Explain why you chose that team and how you think you'd slot into their roster. Would your player make a big impact on the team? Would you improve their chances of winning a cup? Requirements: Must include at least 150 words.

If I weren't playing for the Knights, it would obviously be the Crows. They were ousted out of the playoffs in 5 games by the Raiders after having a bye in the First Round of the SMJHL Playoffs. I think they could use some grit and intensity that they were probably lacking that 2nd Round Series matchup against the Raiders. I could probably fit in either the 2nd or 3rd d pairing with my current overall TPE Level at the moment. Both d pairing run a strategy of 2-3 and 0-5. Both defensively run strategies that would help Prince Devitt to his strengths which is the defensive side of his game. He could also help out on the offensive side of the puck as well, moving and distributing the puck out of his own zone. Neutral Zone and Defensive Zone battles is what Prince Devitt excels at in his career as he isn't all about flash and putting points. It's him doing the little things that helps building to those flashing plays made by his teammates on the ice and I think if he wasn't playing for the Knights it would have to be the Crows to win the 4 Star Cup that his mentor CrossFit Jesus couldn't.

(208 Words)

Task #5 - [Written Option] Highlight any goalie matchup from any series in the playoffs. Requirements: Must include at least 150 words and 3 stats, either from playoffs or the regular season.

Well, since the 4 Star Cup Finals has just passed, I'll highlight the goalie matchup that featured West Kendall Prospect and Vancouver Whalers Starting goalie Kasperi Braulin and the Anaheim Outlaws's Tibuuka Soonika. In the Regular Season Soonika did start more games in the Regular with 41 games picking up 27 wins with a GAA of 2.66 with a SV% of .894. The Whalers Kasperi Braulin on the other hand posted better stats with less games played as he started 37 games picking up 20 wins with a SV% of .915 with a GAA of 1.91. I would definitely give the edge to Braulin even though with the less starts, he would've probably posted around the same stats if he started the same amount of games as Soonika. When it came to the Playoffs Braulin it was looking a little different for Braulin as he wasn't putting up the same numbers, and backup Casimir Stevens had to come in for 2 games in Relief as Braulin was pulled. The team really had to step up and help their goalie out during the long playoff run. As of Soonika he was putting up similiar numbers to the regular season as his defense were able to keep him steady through out the playoffs. If I would to determine who was the better goalie out of the two, it would have to be Braulin.

(231 Words)

[Image: Crossfit.gif]

[Image: CFJ1.gif]

Thanks to prettyburn, TML, Carpy, JNH, Jepox, Engi, Karey, Flappy, Skolpadder, Mook, DollarAndADream, Smirnov and Toe for the sigs.

Code:
Crossfit's First Career SHL Goal, 4. Manhattan Rage , Crossfit Jesus 1 (Pedro Sarantez, Nucky Toohoots) at 5:51

Code:
Devitt's First Career SHL Goal, 5. Calgary Dragons , Prince Devitt 1 (Barry Batsbak 21, Mike Izzy 14) at 10:43

(This post was last modified: 07-21-2019, 09:20 PM by BrewskyBoy.)

Task 1
The Scarecrows came into the playoffs with incredible depth, with every line having the capability to steal a game for us. Our best line combination in the playoffs was none other than our first line of Nicolaj Muller, Nicolas Fleming, and Mika Kandinsky. That line was stellar for us in the regular season and kept performing once the playoffs began. Kansinsky and Fleming both registered 5 points in 5 games played, while Muller has an astounding 9 points. All three of the guys on that line went +5 in the plus minus category. The line that was lacking in the playoffs for us was probably the second line of Gaspard Boone, Fork Spoon, and Barrett Blackwood. This line killed it in the regular season, but unfortunately they just didn't have it in the playoffs. Boone led the line with 3 points while both Spoon and Blackwood had 2 points a piece, with every player on this line having a -3 plus minus rating.

Task 2
Top 5 Ways to Watch the SMJHL Finals:
  1. Attend the games live in Anaheim or Vancouver (just be ready for riots in Vancouver if they lose)
  2. Visit your local sports bar (they'll all have the game on, trust me)
  3. Stream on Hulu with Live TV (Hulu has live sports!)
  4. Stream on Sling TV (we all can be slingers)
  5. Follow along with the PbP threads (it's basically as good as watching it live, right?)
Task 3
1. Detroit Falcons - The team I'd most like to face in the finals are the Falcons. The rivalry between the Scarecrows and the Falcons goes way back, so it'd be nice to get a full 7 game series to say "fuck detroit".

2. Anaheim Outlaws - This would be rematch from the S47 semi-finals, where the Outlaws defeated the Scarecrows in 7 games before going on to win the cup themselves.

3. Colorado Raptors - The Raptors were a team that had shown some strong interest in drafting me in the S48 SMJHL entry draft, so it would be a fun series to play against them and show them what they missed out on.

4. Halifax Raiders - Similarly to the Raptors, Halifax had also shown strong interest in potentially drafting me in the S48 SMJHL entry draft before I ultimately was drafted to St. Louis at #8. 

5. Vancouver Whalers - We had an interesting regular season series against the Whalers. We ended up winning 4 out of 7 against them, but each team won some games easily and a few other games came down to a shoot-out. It'd have for sure been an interesting finals matchup. 

6. Montreal Militia - This was another regular season match-up that proved to be pretty tight. We won 3 out of the 5 games, and again one of those games went to a shoot-out.

7. Lethbridge Lions - We split the regular season series at 3 wins a piece, with the goals for each team being tied at 16. This series would undoubtebly be a tight series that would go back and forth. That being said, I don't have any ties or feelings towards the Lions so it'd be hard to really get into the series.

8. Anchorage Armada - The travel distance for this series would be annoying, I'll be honest. Having to fly up to Alaska always takes a lot out of a player, and I'm sure it takes its toll on those guys on the Armada as well.

9. Kelowna Knights - We handled the Knights pretty easily in the regular season. I don't think this series would go very long or be very interesting with the team in its current re-building state, but who knows what would happen in a 7 game series.

Task 4
If I weren't playing for the Scarecrows, I'd most like to have been playing for the Halifax Raiders in these playoffs. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em, am I right? Halifax was definitely an underdog coming into their series against us as they were the #8 seed, but they shocked the world and moved on to the semi-finals. I always like a good underdog story, so it'd have been a real thrill to join them on their journey and to see if I couldn't help get them to the finals. I like to think that I'd have slotted in to their 2nd pairing on defense with fellow rookie FR Finn-Rhys. A couple of inexperienced guys out there but with a lot of heart, willing to do anything and everything in our power to push the team through and into the finals. While me joining the team might not have actually been enough to get to the finals, let alone win the cup, I think I'd have made a positive impact on the team.

Task 5
Outlaws Tibuk Soonika v. Kasperi Braulin Whalers
This is the goalie matchup that will determine the winner of the Four Star Cup, and we shouldn't be surprised by this based on both of their regular season performances. Braulin had the best save percentage in the league this season with a .915, and he also had the best goals against average at a mere 1.91. Right behind him in both categories was Anaheim's Tibuk Soonika, who posted a .909 save percentage and a 2.26 goals against average. In the playoffs so far, Soonika has been the front-runner in the save percentage and goals against department with a .918% and 1.91 GAA. Braulin has slipped a bit and holds a .890 save percentage and 2.57 GAA. Both goalies have also posted one shutout in these playoffs. It'll be intesting to see if one of them can jump ahead in that category and lead their team to a Four Star Cup victory.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png] [Image: UDyqktK.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-21-2019, 09:33 PM by Zach.)

Task 1 -

The line that has produced the most positive results for the Anaheim Outlaws is the second line. Although it has rookie Anthony Archer usually on the back of the play, his line mates Monkey D. Luffy and Yoshimitsu McCloud have combined for 26 points in the playoffs alone. With Archer in the mix, the whole line totals at 31 points, despite only being assigned 35% of ice time. Although not surprising, the line with the most negative of impacts, would be the fourth line. It's not surprising since they only receive 10% of ice time, however this line combines for 4 points, which is only from Seemu Telanne. And as we all know, in the playoffs it's all about your weakest links. Playoffs are usually decided by who's depth players who step up to the plate. At least a few points from the others on the 4th line could make a big difference in lots of the games lost as the scores were very close.

Task 2 - 

Anthony Archer's top 5 post game meals this playoff season

1) Most common: Taco Bell's Nacho Fry Box

2) Steak dinner

3) Chicken parmesan

4) Korean BBQ

5) Least common: Big mac when the uber broke down

Task 3 - 

Not sure what other conference means but here's a list of other teams.

1) Kelowna Knights - Is this even a question? Worst seed in the playoffs and had a first round exit. Easy choice.

2) Colorado Raptors - Second worse team in the playoffs. Also took a first round exit with two game deficit against a team that lost the series 4-1 to the Outlaws later.

3) Halifax Raiders - Think they just had a lot of good luck on their side to make it this far. Defeated in 5 games easily by the Outlaws in the semifinals.

4) Lethbridge Lions - A bit hesitant because apparently the two teams have a bit of a history, but turned out to not be too hard for the Outlaws as they beat them in 6 games. 

5) Anchorage Armada - The Armada seem to have a good up and coming squad, and with winger Elijah Jones, who's currently the top developing rookie, they have some sharp depth their alone.

6) Montreal Militia - I didn't have much of an opinion on the militia, but they weren't exactly a team I wanted to face either. The militia were kind of a wildcard 50/50 chance for me.

7) Detroit Falcons - Receiving the biggest draft pool out of any team in the SMJHL this past draft, and getting the first overall pick, the Falcons were definitely a dangerous team to face this post season, as depth is what makes the difference in playoffs and they had a lot to choose from. The Falcons almost proved it, taking the Armada to Game 7.

8) Vancouver Whalers - This, similar to the Militia, is a wildcard for me. The Whalers have obviously had a strong push to the playoffs by not only making it to the finals, but also winning the semifinals in 7 games like the Outlaws. I guess time will tell if I should've put them at 9 instead of 8.

9) St Louis Scarecrows - The scarecrows were a top performer in the regular season. They were by far the team I was looking forward to least in the post season. Despite their poor post season performance, I don't think it's a good reflection of how they could've played and might've played if they were up against the Outlaws. I think they definitely could've went all the way and defeated any team in their way but the players were just out of sync and not ready for this.

Task 4 - 

My choices of which team I'd like to see Anthony Archer on if it wasn't for the outlaws is tough because as someone who's new to the league I don't know a ton about the other teams. I definitely was excited to be on the Outlaws, finding out that they were the defending champions and that paired with, what many claimed to be a 'draft steal' of Anthony Archer, gave me high hopes that I may actually win a championship in my rookie year. And here I am in the finals. If I couldn't have gotten picked to them, I suppose I'd be split between either the Anchorage Armada or the St Louis Scarecrows. I feel like the Anchorage Armada would have had a deadly rookie combination with Anthony Archer and Elijah Jones winging together, as the top two rookies in their class. However I feel like the St Louis Scarecrows would have greatly benefited from having Anthony and he was the missing piece they needed.

Task 5 -

For my goalie matchup analysis, I decided what's more interesting to do then the upcoming finals between Vancouver and Anaheim. The Vancouver Whalers will start Kasperi Braulin while the Anaheim Outlaws will be going with Tibuk Soonika, however have a wide range of three goalies to choose from. The Outlaws have averaged two goals against this playoff run, while the Whalers have averaged 2.58 goals against, which is quite higher. The league average for the playoffs was 2.30. The Outlaws by far have an outstanding goaltending advantage. However, the Whalers are an offensively better team with 3.83 goals per game and the Outlaws registering at an average of 3.18 goals per game. The league average is 3.52 goals per game so this balances out to be really close. I think it's safe to say with the Whalers being big shooters, Soonika will be facing plenty of quality shots and will really test the Whalers to see what they're worth.

Anthony Archer - S49 12th Overall
1x IIHF Silver Medalist (S51)
2x WJC Gold Medalist (S48, S49)
2x Four Star Cup Finalist (S48, S50)
SMJHL: 42G 40A 82P 304HIT // SHL: 17G 17A 34P 326HIT

[Image: AA42.png]

Task #1:

Positive Impact – The first line of Knute Knurtsson, Calogero Crudelli and Julio Tokolosh found great chemistry throughout the playoff series, seeing Tokolosh finish the series with 6pts in 6 games, and both Knurtsson and Crudelli getting a healthy 4pts in 6 games. Both Crudelli and Tokolosh finished in the plus category however it was Tokolosh who was most impressive as he sported a shooting percentage of 23.08%. If there was one line that really helped the Raptors it was there first line. 

Negative Impact – Unfortunately the 2nd line for the Raptors underperformed for us in the playoffs. While the combination of Ja'Aj Coitus-Wagg, Bo Kane and Gunnar Soderberg look fantastic on paper it did not deliver results. Both Kane and Soderberg finished the series with a -2 and 2 points in 6 games. Wagg didn’t fare much better as he also only netted 2 points in 6 games however he finished with a plus 1.                        
Task #2:

Top 5 Playoff MVP’s:
5. Cullen Gray (VAN) - Goal machine and has the release others dream of
4. Yoshimitsu McCloud (ANA) – A renegade among Outlaws, a true threat
3. Kasperi Braulin (VAN) – A true stud, but questions still remain
2. Aaron Wilson (VAN) – Goal and assist machine, Whalers powerhouse
1.  Tibuk Soonika (ANA) – The reason why the Outlaws will win

Task #3:

Most desired opponent – Halifax Raiders
The reason why I want to face Halifax is for revenge. The Raiders are the reason why the Raptors are no longer in the playoffs and we all want another crack at them, especially if it means defeating them in the final. Although the series we played was a hard fought battle there were games that easily could have gone the other way and if the puck luck were to shift to our side we could have been the team to advance to the next round. If the Raptors are to win the championship, the last stop on our way to glory must be Halifax.

Least desired opponent – Anaheim Outlaws
My love for the Outlaws this season has been no secret, I covered them during my post game shows and I made a specific point of highlighting their franchise goalie, Tibuk Soonika. I am a goalie and I am in awe of what Soonika does on a nightly basis. If the Raptors were able to make it to the finish line, the last team I’d want to face would be the Outlaws, as I know that he’s got the edge on me when it comes to skill and preparation.

Task #4:

If there was a team I could play for outside of the Raptors, the choice would easily be the Kelowna Knights. First and foremost, the GM for the Knights reached out to me prior to the draft and expressed interest. We spent sometime chatting and I know I would be a good fit with the team. Also it’s clear to me that the team needs consistent and reliable goaltending and even with the emergence of Weekes, it hasn’t been enough to put them over the edge. I think if I’m starting for the Knights, I make a huge impact and help the team get over the hump. I do believe that if the Knights had drafted me and invested in me as their starter for the season I would have helped them gain a better position in the standings and perhaps we would have made it a few rounds deep in the playoffs, if not to the finals.

Task #5:

It’s clear that the only choice for this task is the goalie matchup for the finals. We have two monster starters going head to head with Kasperi Braulin of the Vancouver Whalers facing off against Tibuk Soonika of the Anaheim Outlaws. Both Soonika and Braulin finished atop the regular season statistics when it came to goaltending with Braulin sporting a 0.915 save percentage and a 1.91 GAA, meanwhile Soonika had a respectable 0.909 save percentage and a 2.26 GAA. So far through the playoffs Braulin’s save percentage has dipped to 0.890 and his GAA is a troubling 2.57. Soonika on the other hand has shined so far throughout the post season with a 0.918 save percentage and a 1.91 GAA. Even though Braulin has played one more game than Soonika’s 11, it’s clear that by numbers alone Soonika has the edge going into the series. It’s my prediction that the numbers don’t lie and the Outlaws will be named the champions.

[Image: p82ugau.png]

Task #1: The top line of Nicolaj Muller, Mika Kandinsky, and Nicolas Flemming was by far the most productive line for St. Louis in the playoffs. All three players had a +5 +/- and all 3 were in the teams top four in playoff scoring with Muller leading the charge with 9 points in 5 games. The top line continued it's regular season dominance but wasn't enough to get them past Halifax. The worst line for St. Louis was the 2nd line, were Fork Spoon, Gerald Boone, and Barrett Blackwood all had the team low of -3. The unit was considered to be one of the better second lines in the league coming into the playoffs but their performances fell flat. They put up a combined 7 points between the three over 5 games, which isn't much better then the third line managed to put up. Their offensive numbers also include their power play numbers as the second line is also the second power play unit. 

Task #2: 
Top 5 Playoff Atmosphere's 
1. Halifax
2. Anaheim 
3. Vancouver
4. Colorado
5. St. Louis

(The home team's record in these playoffs have been BAD)

Topic #3: 

1. Detroit - This one kinda goes with out saying, we don't like them and they don't like us. The Detroit-St.Louis rivalry might just be the biggest in the SMJHL, and I would want nothing more then to be the team that beats them for the Four Star Cup

2. Halifax - Plan and simple I want revenge. They knocked us out of the playoffs this and I think the whole team want another chance to show the Raiders what we can really do.

3. Anaheim - To be the best you have to beat the best. The Outlaws won last years Four Star Cup, and are in the finals again this year, which makes them the clear team to beat in the playoffs. 

4. Vancouver - The Whalers showed me a lot of love when I was a free agent, and I would like to show them that they were right to be interested in me. The fact that they are another top team would the series would be a pretty good one for the fans. 

5. Colorado - This one is about one player in general, Bo Kane. Currently Bo Kane is the number 1 rated Center in the upcoming SHL draft while I'm ranked 6th. I know that Kane doesn't play Center on his team or even play on the same line as me, but I'd still love to battle it out and see who's the better player over a seven game series. 

6. Lethbridge - The two teams split the regular season at 3-3, with all games being pretty tight. I think it would continue into the playoffs and would make for a very interesting series.  

7. Anchorage - One of the more up and coming teams, they have a two of the best rookies in the league, and I wonder if Elijah Jones and Jake Primeau would do against my line.

8. Montreal - I don't really know too much about the Militia outside of their incredible rookie Hugh Jazz. Jazz had the best season out any rookie player and it would be fun to compete against him over seven games.  

9. Kelowna - The Knights had some interest in me at the start of the year, but I'm not sure how competitive they would be against us. Like Anchorage they are of a more up and coming team that will be really good when the team develops. They already have some good defenseman and a possible special talent in Raquel Castillo Gutierrez

Task #4: I don't really have a team that I think I could join, and be as good of a fit then here with St. Louis. Although since I have to pick it would probably be Kelowna. They showed interest in my player when he first hit free agency and they have a team full of young talent. While I might still be a third line center with the Knights I feel like I could bring some more fire power over to the Knights, while still helping in the face off circle and on defense. Plus being paired up with some rookies I feel like if we caught fire we could really do some damage to the rest of the teams in the playoffs.  I doubt I would change their fortunes that much atleast in this season, but it would be an interesting to see. 

Task #5: Everyone's doing it because this is the best match up of the season between goalies. Anaheim's Tibuk Soonika vs the Whaler's Kasperi Braulin. Soonika was my goalie of the season and his form has continued into the playoffs. Soonika has an 8-3 record in the playoffs with all 3 losses coming in overtime. He also leads all goalies in the playoffs with an .918 save % and 1.91 goals allowed per game. The 1.91 GAA is absolutely mind boggling, opponents are averaging less then 2 goals a night against Soonika and he's played 11 games so far. Braulin comes in with a 8-4 record with one overtime loss. Braulin has the 3rd best save percentage of goalies that played in more then one series with an 89%. On average Kasperi is allowing 2.57 goals a game which isn't amazing but still not bad. One thing Braullin has over Soonika is puck handling, Braulin does have one assist in the playoffs  and has shown to make good breakout passes when given the chance. The goalie match up is going to play a big role in this finals match up but the way Soonika has been playing I don't see the Whalers being able to take this one.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]   [Image: B4x6AQm.png]
Scarecrows Russia Wolfpack

Rest In Peace Dangel

1st SHL Goal - S52 Game 1 vs Tampa 3. New England Wolfpack , Jakub Bruchevski 1 (Eko Van Otter 1, Delver Fudgeson 2) at 8:10

Scarecrows Platoon Russia

[Image: F4iUWyS.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-22-2019, 11:22 AM by ontanis.)

Task #1:

The Vancouver Whalers are the proud sponsors of the Aaron Wilson - Cullen Gray - Theo Morgan first line that has produced 39 points in 12 games played. The biggest producer is, of course, Aaron Wilson: 7 goals and 10 assists – 17 points in total over 12 games played. Cullen Gray has logged in 13 points over 12 games (7 goals, 6 assists) and Theo Morgan is contributing also with 4 goals and 5 assists – 9 points in 12 games. We can always count on this line to give this extra offensive edge over our opponents. If we can‘t outmuscle them in our end – we can definitely outshoot anyone with these 3 guys on the ice.

And i really don‘t want to say that anyone is making negative impact on our team, but if we‘re being statistical – the line of Jan Zacha - Mike Richard - Artem Mozgov is making the least impact. But that is totally understandable, with Artem Mozgov coming in a bit later in the season. The pace of the playoffs can easily overwhelm aeven seasoned SMJHL player. This line has currently produced 4 points over 12 games. This line has currently very little playing time – as is usual, because our coaches and GMs tend to rely on the top-six players going all out in the playoffs.

Task #2:

Top 5 movies to watch during the cup final series:
1. Jerry Maguire
2. Rush
3. Space Jam
4. The Mighty Ducks
5. Slap Shot

Task #3:

1. Halifax Raiders – We kinda have a small rivalry going on for some time, so it‘s nice to get a win over your rivals. They had a phenomenal play-offs, knocking out St. Louis, but i don‘t see them repeating their success year in and year out.
2. Anchorage Armada – We won the semi-finals against Anchorage and it would be really awesome to repeat that, to be honest.
3. Lethbridge Lions – Lions seem like a team that you‘d like to play against. Lethbridge are still „the new team“ so you can throw your weight around against them when you play.
4. Kelowna Knights – Slowly rebuilding, although, had a pretty nice matchup with Lethbridge. It‘s the dark horse team – you never know if you‘re gonna win or lose, cause they sometimes forget to bring the intensity with them. But when they do, they‘re as tough as a top team, still very raw and very inconsistent.
5. Colorado Raptors – Not scared to play against, not very looking forward to it. They‘re a good team and they always put up a fight.
6. Detroit Falcons – Scary team. Always a scary team. Even if you win, the joy and sense of achievement can get shot down because of their extensive knowledge of memes. Always proud to get a win over the Detroit Falcons, cause they are one of the top teams. Every year.
7. Montreal Militia – You could catch a glimpse of what the Militia can do. Lose 3 in a row and then win 3 in a row to give us a real good scare.
8. Anaheim Outlaws – They have Tibuk Soonika. That guy scares me.
9. St. Louis Scarecrows – Yeah, Scarecrows.. are scary for me. I have a lot of people that i know playing at St. Louis and it‘s always hard to break friends‘ hearts and you don‘t want to do that to friends.

Task #4:

St. Louis Scarecrows. I just have too many friendly faces in that team for me not to want to play there. They’re a really good team and I think they just caught a bad streak in the Halifax series. I think I could add some offensive punch from the blue-line for them with, hopefully, putting up a few points on the scoreboard. I don’t think I’d make a significant impact just yet, because they have a really well-rounded team. But it would be awesome to play alongside a future-superstar Noah Brusky.

I think, i‘d mix in well because of their offensive-mindedness. They have one of the better top lines with Mika Kandinsky - Nicolaj Muller - Nicolas Fleming, so being able to contribute alongside these players would be a dream come true to any player. Scarecrows have a lot of guys that can make players around them better on the ice. And that is what you look for in teammates.

Task #5:

Whalers - Kasperi Braulin vs. Tibuk Soonika - Outlaws

S48 SMJHL Four Star Cup Final series

PLAYOFF STATS:

Save Percentage:

0.890% - 0.918%

GAA:

2.57 – 1.91

Shutouts:

1 - 1

Wins:

8 - 8

Shots Faced:

255 – 267

As you can see, one of the most interesting matchups in recent SMJHL history will be Vancouver Whalers‘ Kasperi Braulin and Anaheim Outlaws‘ Tibuk Soonika. Both goalies are currently having historical seasons with both goalies being strong SMJHL Raymond Lindsay award candidates. It will be a true battle of the goalies, as the winner not only will lift the Four Star Cup but also will have the bragging rights to call himself the best goalie of the SMJHL.
In these playoffs, Outlaws‘ Tibuk Soonika has the upper hand in statistics against Braulin. But statistics are history right now, a new chapter will be written in the upcoming championship week. Both goalies are the backbones of their respective teams, so it will be interesting to see these guys carry their team over into the promised land.
Although it is important to note that Vancouver Whalers‘ Kaperi Braulin had an incredible record-breaking season as a goaltender (#2 GAA and SV% all-time). So the Whalers are very confident in their goalie going into these series. It will be an exciting match-up overall.

[Image: ontanis.gif]

[Image: 6by0kBi.png] [Image: YztPk3T.png]
thanks to @Wasty, @Bruins10, @Carpy48 and @iRockstar for the sigs!

(This post was last modified: 08-01-2019, 11:24 PM by StaticShocked.)

ph
TASK #1
[Image: S49_SMJHL_CW_-_Task_1.png]

TASK #2
Top 5 Playoff Games Where Zacha Won At Least 50% of his Faceoffs
5. R1, G1 vs. Militia (11/17 FO)
4. R1, G3 vs. Militia (11/16 FO)
3. R3, G1 vs. Outlaws (7/12 FO)
2. R2, G6 vs. Armada (9/16 FO)
1. R3, G7 vs. Outlaws (4/5 FO)

TASK #3 (334 words)
8. Lethbridge
Not too sure about this team, honestly. That's why they're so low on my "least to face" list. I know they've had some good players in the past, but I'm just not sure what else is there.

7. Kelowna
I'm very unfamiliar with most of their players, so I'm not sure who's there and if I really match up well against what they've got.

6. Halifax
The Raiders' season 49 draft brought them some incredible talent in the likes of Whik, WiC and Keygan, but I think the Whalers' defense simply outmatches their high-powered offense.

5. Montreal
Montreal's roster is much of the same as Halifax's. Their offense, especially the right winger depth, is incredible, but I still think that our defense beats all of that out in the end.

4. Colorado
Ah, my first SMJHL team ever. I made it to the mountaintop with them before way back in season 36, but we were swept by Vancouver. Now that I've been on the winning side of this matchup, I'd love to see the Raptors make it all the way back so we can have a glorious rematch.

3. Anchorage
Now we get to the team I finally won a Four Star Cup with, albeit when they were back in Prince George. Their roster this season had so many players in their last junior season, and our second round matchup with them was a sight to behold. I'd love to experience all that over again.

2. St. Louis
Take what I said about Halifax and Montreal but multiply it by 3 and switch offense to defense. The Scarecrows' defensive pipeline is absolutely stacked, and I feel like our offensive prowess would match up very well against them.

1. Anaheim
What a fun Four Star Cup Finals this was. Dangles has truly built something great over there in the state of California. Soonika is going to be a stud goalie in the SHL someday, and I'm itching to play against them again, and maybe even meet them again in the finals one day.

TASK #4 (161 words)
If I weren't playing for Vancouver in this postseason, I would absolutely love to play for the Anchorage Armada in these playoffs. My old player, Alex Zajac, won the Four Star Cup with the team when they were still the Prince George Firebirds way back when in season 38, so I've got a bit of an emotional tie with the team. Emotional reasons aside, I'd like to play for them in these playoffs to add to their already stacked depth. Although I didn't do much throughout these playoffs (19 games with only 3 assists), I can see myself slotting into a middle or bottom-six role on the Armada to help solidify their center depth. I definitely think I could help push their offense with whatever I could muster up in a smaller role. Hopefully my defensive prowess could also help them in the defensive zone, as goals against in clutch time was a big problem for the Armada when it mattered.

TASK #5
[Image: S49_SMJHL_CW_-_Task_5.png]

[Image: leblaVa.gif]
Shoutout to @adamantium for the sig! <3

(This post was last modified: 07-22-2019, 02:23 PM by Really.)

Task #1

Task #2
Top 5 Games Marques Brownlee Spent as Backup
1. vs. raiders Game 5
2. @ raiders Game 4
3. vs. raiders Game 1
4. vs. raiders Game 2
5. @ raiders Game 3

Task #3

Task #4
If the St. Louis Scarecrows were not to have signed me from post-deadline Free Agency, the team I would have headed to would be the Anchorage Armada, as they also offered me a spot on their team. I would be in the exact same position as I am now, backing up the remainder of the season and playoffs, then next season becoming the starter due to the current starter looking to be called up next season. Considering that a backup never played for both the Scarecrows unlike the Armada in the playoffs, I would have had the same impact I had on the Scarecrows during the regular season, however during the playoff run, my impact would have been greatly increased from riding the bench to actually touching ice. Would it have increased the chances of the cup? Maybe, we're speaking hypothetically, not literally, and hockey is a sport that is more literal than hypothetical. (Words: 154)

Task #5
Scarecrows Billy Sorokin vs. Biz Nasty raiders
No - Won Series - Yes
0.879 - Save Percentage - 0.886
3.17 - Goals Against Average - 2.79
16 - Goals Allowed - 15

A very close series was the series between the Halifax Raiders and the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League season forty-eight regular season winning Saint Louis Scarecrows. The two goalies of the teams were Billy Sorokin, looking to win a cup in what is said to be his last season in the juniors, and Biz Nasty, a goalie looking to prove himself to the scouts. As the series started, scouts and analysts were looking to see the Raiders be the raided this time, however in a series where all games after Game 1 were one goal games, where the only one goalie allowed more than the other, the Raiders came out on top. The series really came down to who played better as a team as both goalies had stats within a similar range, with Nasty having better numbers in the big three goalie statistics, Goals Against Average, Save Percentage and Goals Allowed. (Words: 152)
(This post was last modified: 07-23-2019, 05:24 PM by NONAME.)

Task #1 -

Best Line: Crudelli - Knurtsson - Tokolosh

I picked this as the Colorado Raptors most impactful line as it's the main offensive force for the Raptors. Tokolosh is the only player that is a point per game and then Knurtsson and Crudelli are tied for 2nd with 4 points each. This line produced a lot of offensive pressure with total combined shots of 43 whereas the rest of the team only combined for 83.

Worst Line: Kane - Wagg - Soderberg

I decided that this line negatively impacted the Raptors the most because it is supposed to be the Raptors 2nd line of offence, however, all three players only ended up with 2 points each with Kane being -2 and Soderberg also being a -2. So while they weren't chipping in offensively, they were also lacking on the other side of the rink. The line only combined for 27 shots on net.

Task #2 -

Top 5 Strange Pre-game Ritual Rumours

1. Cody - He likes to chug a bottle of hot sauce as the shits make him skate faster as he's just focused on being as quick as possible to get on the toilet sooner.
2. Archer - Likes the prepare for games by binging the TV show Archer
3. Jones - Likes to count his TPE lead over the rest of the draft class
4. Fudgeson - Creates a smoothie with fudge
5. Spanish - Will not speak a word of Spanish before a game.

Task #3 -

1. Kelowna Knights
2. St. Louis Scarecrows
3. Halifax Raiders
4. Lethbridge Lions
5. Anchorage Armada
6. Montreal Militia
7. Vancouver Whalers
8. Detroit Falcons
9. Anaheim Outlaws

My logic behind this list is very simple... I took the standings and flipped it except I put the Scarecrows 2nd instead of last. As a player I want to win and facing the worst team in the league, Kelowna Knights gives me the best chance to lift that four star cup. You could make the argument that you want to play the Scarecrows because in order to be the best you want to beat the best which is totally an understandable viewpoint which is why I left them at the 2nd team I'd like to play in the finals. The Scarecrows are LOADED with talent in Kandinsky, Boone, Muller, Odelein, Sorokin, and the list just keeps going on. Would be a great feat to say you took down that giant of a team.

Task #4 -

If I wasn't playing for the Colorado Raptors I would like to play for the Vancouver Whalers. My explanation for this is the Whalers are currently in the finals against the Anaheim Outlaws competing for the Four Star Cup. I have some personal ties to Vancouver has I have lived around that area before. The Whalers have a very deep roster down the middle and wings. That is why they are one of the most lethal offensive teams in the league so the addition of me wouldn't make a huge "impact" necessarily but it would help improve their depth which could be the difference-maker in turning their 0-2 series around. I believe I could have Zacha moved down as I have higher offensive categories while still have a respectable defensive rating. If they wanted to keep Zacha down the middle due to his face-off rating they could slot me in replacing either Janorksson or Mozgov as I currently have higher ratings than them.

Task #5 -  

The goalie match-up I want to highlight is my Colorado Raptors elite goalie prospect Knox Booth and Halifax Raiders goalie Biz Nasty. The general manager and coaching staff of the Raptors took a gamble by pushing Booth into the starting role for the playoffs after he was a backup throughout the season and boy did he take advantage of it. He posted a .907% and a GAA of 2.47. He kept the Raptors in every single game and even stole them. Booth is the Raptors MVP for that series and I don't think it's even close. He has established himself as a starting goalie within the SMJHL and the future looks extremely bright for Booth and the Raptors organization. Biz Nasty was also very good throughout the series as he posted a respectable .876%. I believe Knox Booth won this goalie matchup, however, we all know who won the series.

Falcons Canada
(This post was last modified: 07-23-2019, 09:05 PM by rangersbruinslightning.)

Task #1 - [Written Option]  Which line combination is making/has made the biggest positive impact in for your team in the playoffs? Which is making/has made the biggest negative impact? Why?  Requirements: Must include at least 150 words.  [Graphics Option]  Create an infographic comparing your team's best line combo vs the worst line combo.  Requirements: Must include at least 3 stats.

Task #2 -
Top 5 Goaltenders in the Playoffs
1. Tibuk Soonika (0.918 sv%)
2. Knox Booth (0.907 sv%)
3. Kasperi Braulin (8-3-1)
4. Emiko Spector (0.895 sv%)
5. Biz Nasty (9-6-0)

Task #3 -  [Written Option]  Rank the teams in the other conference in order of who you would most want to face in Finals to who you would least want to face. Explain why.  Requirements: Must include at least 150 words  [Graphics Option] Create a poster advertising your team vs whoever you'd most like to face in finals.  Requirements: Must include two team names, two team logos, and at least one render from each team.

Task #4 - If you weren't playing for your current team, which team would you most like to be playing for in the playoffs.  Explain why you chose that team and how you think you'd slot into their roster.  Would your player make a big impact on the team?  Would you improve their chances of winning a cup?  Requirements:  Must include at least 150 words.  

Task #5 - 
[Image: goalies.png]

[Image: 60043_s.gif]
Player Page                Update Thread 
Thank you to @Wasty and @frithjofr for a couple great sigs!
(This post was last modified: 07-23-2019, 12:23 PM by Whikadoodle.)

Code:
Task #1 - [Written Option]  Which line combination is making/has made the biggest positive impact in for your team in the playoffs? Which is making/has made the biggest negative impact? Why?  Requirements: Must include at least 150 words.  [Graphics Option]  Create an infographic comparing your team's best line combo vs the worst line combo.  Requirements: Must include at least 3 stats.

The line combination that has made the biggest positive impact would be the Esa - Kubinek - Rush line. This line can do it all, with Atlas Rush laying the body 64 times and Esa/Kubinek combining for 29 points. The weakest line in Halifax has to be their second line, with players like Ricky Spanish and Cody going - 10 and getting absolutely lit up by the competition. This could be a problem with defense, as JIMMY van JOHNS and Duke Duckworth are at - 13, but at that level of bad the blame has to be passed all around the group and not just onto one person. If the rookies, especially Cody and Ricky Spanish, can play a solid, responsible two way game, then the Halifax Raiders would have a much better chance at advancing to the finals and, if they are lucky, perhaps ending the season with a Four Star Cup.

(150)

Code:
Task #2 - [Written Option] Create a Top 5 list of something to do with the playoffs (eg. top 5 weirdest things that have been poured into the Four Star Cup after a win, top 5 hilarious tweets during a certain game, top 5 goals your player scored, top 5 mascots you wish the two finals teams had instead of the current mascots, etc.) Requirements:  No specific word count, but each item in your list should be more than just one word. [Graphics Option]  Create a graphics version of your list.

Ricky Spanish's Top 5 Post Playoff Game Munchies

5. Fish Tacos (HFX round 3 matchup)

Anaheim has a Mean street food scene, and their fish tacos are out of this world. Fresh, limey, and delicious, this is probably the healthiest thing on this list.

4. Green Chile Cheese Fries (HFX round 1 matchup)

People like to say that the state food of Colorado is the Rocky Mountain Oyster. They're dead wrong. Real Coloradans put green Chile sauce on absolutely everything. Mixed with crispy fries and velvety cheese, this is a snack to die for.

3. Toasted Raviolis (HFX round 2 matchup)

Ah, the pride of St. Louis. When we initially drew the Crows, I was a bit worried about our chances on the ice. However, after our first game in the Lou, I decided to order seamless to the hotel room amd chose these by mistake. What a great mistake this was. Deep fried cheesy raviolis go down smooth and make this city tolerable. Thank you St Louis!

2. Poutine with Extra Curds (HFX hometown playoff grub)

Nothing hits the spot like a big bowl of fries, gravy, and extra extra cheese curds. After I've given my all on the ice, this is the only thing that can satisfy my hunger (other than a Four Star Cup).

1. Chicken Parm Sammy (inspired by Halifax Playoff legend Esa Parmborg)

Now I have to give credit to Esa for this one, the chicken parm is the perfect food of all time. However, after a game, I don't have the time to sit down and really go at it. That's where this sandwich comes in. Perfectly portable with exactly what I need to go to parmesean heaven.

Code:
Task #3 -  [Written Option]  Rank the teams in order of who you would most want to face in Finals to who you would least want to face. Explain why.  Requirements: Must include at least 150 words  [Graphics Option] Create a poster advertising your team vs whoever you'd most like to face in finals.  Requirements: Must include two team names, two team logos, and at least one render from each team.

7. Lethbridge - I just really don't know anything about this franchise. It was an original franchise in the SHL, but like my beloved Regina, never really took off. It seems the team is still in the same boat despite the reboot.

6. Anchorage - Another team I'm not too familiar with. This team kind of seems isolated, which makes sense, but I don't hear much from them around the water cooler. I just wouldn't be stoked to draw this matchup.

5. Anaheim - I don't really have a problem with Anaheim, but there's nothing thst screams to me that this is a matchup I definitely need to see. Pass.

4. Detroit - Detroit is an OG rival for me, but they've seemed to have fallen off in recent seasons. Although I'd love to draw this team as a guaranteed four star cup victory, it's kind of like beating your little brother at this point. Just a little sad.

3. St Louis - I have mad respect for this franchise, and I would be excited to see if we could lift it against a very active, devoted, and talented pool of players. Plus, if we lost, I'd be happy for the people on that team to win it anyway.

2. Vancouver - I've won a Four Star with Vancouver, who traded me that offseason to Halifax. Halifax then went on to the finals against Vancouver, who beat us to repeat. I always wanted another shot to get Halifax that cup, and against Vancouver would be picture perfect.

1. Kelowna - I'd enjoy every single second of beating Kelowna silly.

(262)

Code:
Task #4 - If you weren't playing for your current team, which team would you most like to be playing for in the playoffs.  Explain why you chose that team and how you think you'd slot into their roster.  Would your player make a big impact on the team?  Would you improve their chances of winning a cup?  Requirements:  Must include at least 150 words.

If someone said, hey Ricky, you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind, now get the fuck outta Halifax, and I had to choose a team to play for in the SMJHL playoffs, I think I'd choose to play for Colorado. I believe Colorado and I are kindred spirits, seeking for that one four star cup and to finally get the recognition we deserve. I think I could provide some solid depth offense and a great option on their PK. Plus I'd love the chance to share the ice with S49 legend and absolute stud Bo Kane, and to shoot the shit with the objectively coolest cat in the S49 class, goalie Knox Booth. I believe that my defensive minded, pass first game would be an incredible asset to the Raptors. Plus, I think I could convince them to change their name to the Colorado Pointy Rocks, which is a much better team name.

(156)

Code:
Task #5 -  [Written Option] Highlight any goalie matchup from any series in the playoffs. Requirements: Must include at least 150 words and 3 stats, either from playoffs or the regular season.  [Graphics Option] Create an infographic highlighting any goalie matchup from the playoffs.  Requirements: Must include 3 stats, either from playoffs or the regular season, plus both goalie renders and both team logos.

Ive decided to go with Halifaxs first round matchup for this analysis, the goaltending bout between Colorados Knox Booth and Halifaxs Biz Nasty.

On paper, Knox Booth is one of the quickest goalies in the J. He sports a +80 overall hand speed and a +80 overall reaction time, which makes sniping a shot past Booth a very tall order. While Biz Nasty is just a hair slower than Booth on reaction times, he makes up for it wirh size and rebound control, ensuring that the opposition gets no more than once chance to light the lamp. This is an even contest so far.

On the ice, Booth had to face 167 shots, allowing only 15 goals to give him a +900 save percentage. Meanwhile, Biz Nasty was called on much fewer times, only 112, allowing 14 goals for an. 875 save percentage. The advantage here clearly goes to Knox Booth.

It was a tough matchup, but Booth clearly comes out ahead here. If only Colorado had the other talents necessary to lift them past Halifax, as the team couldn't get the four wins necessary to advance.

(187)