Create Account

Ramblings of an Inactive

I need some cash because I'm at like Minus 1.496 million SHL dodgery-dollars so I figured I'd ramble about some stuff since at this point I'm pretty much a glorified inactive that looks to fight off regression. Pretty much whatever pops into my head that's SHL related will be whatever topic.

Firstly

Championship Week

I remember doing this maybe 3/4 seasons ago entirely and it was always just an uphill slog that literally nobody read that wasn't a grader or they were pinged or mentioned on. Most people if not alls was just a solid word dump that was spewed to get the 10. I'm a member of the NSFL and unfortunately, it's one of the things we haven't managed to change up there, we've altered/tweaked it but as far as I'm concerned it's really a waste of time to just dump words onto a page that doesn't add anything to the league. Combine that with being in 2/3/4/5 etc leagues (if they've got CW) and you've got even less inspiration to do it. You can disregard this point though because I dont follow hockey or the league all that much beyond my player (who has never had a 50 point season, u suck lavelle)

Media

I never really liked writing media in the SHL. Mostly because I don't really know what to write about. I check the media section occasionally (very since I visit the site maybe once a week to buy training or do an AC) and I sometimes listen to some podcasts but apart from that unless threads got a ton of views/comments or I'm linked, I really wont visit it. I've always felt that media again was just a slog and it was throw a shitload of words onto the page and see what sticks with graders mostly copy and pasting into the word counter and not really rewarding bonuses. Again don't quote me on this, I used to write media and anecdotally the people who graded my stuff were pretty generous for the words I spewed out, I just can't help but think there should be other avenues to earn media that isn't graphics/media/direct job pay. Answers on a postcard though.

Banking System

Banking system is great now let's not lie. The automation and interface is fantastic and I applaud whoever created it, I think Bojo et al. Really the site overall looks fantastic but I would love to see some new skins so it's not the same boring one. I've fucked around with skin making on jcink but am not aware with invision but I think/imagine the skinng wouldn't be too difficult. Also shoutout to teddy for taking the site offline one time so that I was able to view my read messages without a big error code thingy. Props for that

King

Yeah so the King thing happened where he had a HOF worthy flip flop and seemed to change his mind more as the days went on. Eventually he admitted to asking people to just create on the site and then they left. So it wasn't really multis, it was shady but not really multi's because he didn't run them. If you go by his memoirs, HO wanted him to retire his player and he did but whether this was legit or not is up in the air (or maybe it's been proven and I've missed it). Regardless I don't really care all that much, King turned full heel but did a really bad job at it and that thread was pretty much a massive slam dunk compilation on him with I think Mack leading the charge. I didn't care too much for it but i remember popping in every now and then when somebody said something silly. I don't thing King should've been "ran" off the site nor was most peoples reactions and interactions with him warranted, alot of it was bordeline bellendness. King rubbed people the wrong way at times with his eagerness to literally change any and everything. His I'm 6'4 and jacked quote was pretty funny too because he had literally no traps. I do foresee King returning at a later point, maybe under another alias. I don't blame him for exploiting the loophole either, there to be abused.

PenKnight

PenKnight had his uhh questionable moment earlier this month. I can't remember his cringy enough alias but somebody in the comments will. Basically PenKnight made comments whether in jest or not that women and hockey and I believe by extension sports shouldn't mix. Well that wasn't word for word, he said that he'd change the channel if there was a women announcer. That of course became an instant meme, SHUT THE FUCK UP BOOMER. Whatever about PenKnight said and how it's uhh a colorful comment but at the end of the day that's like his opinion, man. Again you can have your own opinion on something but that doesn't dictate the responses to that comment/thought pattern. In principle I kind of agreed with the point Jruutu made in media that having a different opinion simply resulted in him being relentlessly pushed off of the site for not being an NPC. I don't think NPC is how you would describe somebody who doesn't discriminate based on gender/race/whatever the fuck you want. Again it's a personal choice for each person about what they wanna watch, who, when and where. Knight doubled down on this with his battle of the sexes sig which I thought was pretty topical and funny but again it kind've led to his comments being more along the lines of, women stay away from sports instead of I'd prefer listening to a male announcer. PenKnight was in similar fashion ran off the site and turned into a gigantic meme but hey I bet he learned something from it, even if it wasn't in the most delightful way. This in turn kind of brings me onto another scenario...

Outrage/Callout Nature

The SHL has one of these really. I think alot of the time stuff can be called out in PMs rather than flocking to the Thunderdome and looking like a chimp by doing so. In my opinion if you're of the persuasion for social justice (not in a derogatory or condescending manner) then you would or rather should approach the individual or his/her/it/zhe/zhers GM and the user in question. I don't think I'll ever agree with having a thunderdome on site because yes, I'm going to say it.  T O X I C I T Y. I think if you visit the site solely to see arguments and drama, then you probably should get your head checked. That's not even an insult, legitimately. It is done now and I'm sure we're gonna see alot more of people calling out eachother which is kind of a double edged sword. One the one hand depending on the stimulus, you could see the person change their outdated/possibly offensive view. On the other they could react negatively and double down (as we saw PenKnight do) and relent against the forces and it becomes a ME V THEM scenario. I don't believe PenKnight actually hated or disliked women nor am I excusing his behaviour for when he doubled down but the reaction was not warranted. Suddenly everybody became the ultimate crusaders for women rights when they seen an opportunity to slam dunk on a man who abuses the Caps Lock and Enter keys.

Play by Plays

Listen, I fucking hate these. It just elongates the process of finding out results of games. When they're done bad, they're fucking awful. When they're done good, theyre still boring (in my opinion). I'll be honest though, Er's made them alot better with the subjective scale and has weeded out alot of the awful presenters (like myself tbh). I still think there should be a better way to show the finals.

Regression

I don't know how you can literally still play forever in the SHL. I'm in regression now as S38 player who topped out at just over 1700 tpe and I think I'm getting 10% now. I can't help but feel (if you've read this far you'll have noticed this is one of my big crutch sentences) like you shouldn't be able to play forever. But apparently, fuck all people go anywhere near 20 seasons in the first place so maybe it's not as broken as we're led to believe.

Buffalo Stampede

I've been on the Stampede pretty much my whole career and it's been through alot of turnover recently. People who were there when I first joined who were staples of the Buffalo Stampede such as kit , walrus (has actually been traded twice lmao), tez left to expansion draft and we recently lost McZ via trade. Most have been relegated to the Alumni channel but there's still a consistent stream of new additions to add to the core that does remain. You still have WBF and Tomen at the GM role who despite turfing out Jalopski and removing him from the discord when he went full chimp (rip r/soccerstreams discord), do a pretty good job at keeping the core together and drafting well. Even with some of the awful picks they made like WIC.

At this point I'm going to go down through the list of names on the sidebar. Karey's here at the top and while he can be a major cuck at sometimes, he's usually there to lend advice to anybody who needs it or shoot the shit (lmao). He very similar to HHH (time to play the game) in that manner, I often get the too mixed up. I think their personalities are nearly identical. Both are fairly kindhearted and have a great place in the stampede LR. Luffy is below Karey on the sidebar and he's pretty cool too. He's not as active on discord during my E U R O P E A N hours, but he's around and doesn't cause any problems. He definitely matches the tone of the Buffalo LR. Esilverm is a relatively new addition to the BUF lr, actually I think we drafted him after his recreate died (rip) and he for all of you who don't know has limited me to a mere two !howard commands every 24 hours. He did this because when I got the chance when the command was first added to the SHL bot, I spammed the entire discord with about 5000 back to back !howards and it crashed anybodys discord who was on mobile, it was fantastic and it kept me entertained for all of five minutes. Esilver's a pretty good guy and he tells us stories from his work day in HickTown. Gillon isn't on alot but he's got a sick profile picture, again I think he's the guy who jerks off fish. Mayuu spends his time either streaming or looking after his cute kids and really doesn't clash with anybody. Mayuu's pretty chill. Maybe Nerio is actually the guy with twelve jobs who jerks off fish. Again he's not really around all that much when I'm on but i've never seen him clash heads with anybody. Same goes for Vandy who I dont interact with much due to timezones. Dizzy is a new addition to the BUF LR who I knew from my time with the St. Louis Scarecrows. He's also on my team in the NSFL (GO COPPERHEADS). Dizzy is a good guy and a gigantic nerd who is midway through his exams at this point. Speculadora is also in the locker room and was picked up either this or last season, I know him from NSFL primarily and I think he sucks and is a major bully. Avakael/Akavael/whatever the fuck way you spell it has been in the LR long before me and he's still pretty active and usually posts odd memes. He's also the legend who created Roderick Castleberry. KCCO/Bayley's in there but hes pretty much inactive on the SHL.

Donini is not really around during my times really but he a chill dude. Sleepy fits in the most in the LR in my opinion but he's been absent recently. Wozy is also in the LR and is a major troll who likes to post pepes but he keeps our dumb idiot GM WBF on his toes. Wozy's a good dude with a p god tier player who bops in every now and then and I like conversing with him in our low iq energy conversations that we have.

Finally, Zombo p much one of the last remnants of the OG Buffalo core when I joined (Kit, Walrus, Zombo, WBF , Tomens corpse). Idk if zombo will bother to read this because at this point my media has really turned into ramblings, but he like alot of us is going through a tough time and for me the Buffalo LR really helped by posting dumb shit and incredibly low iq stories whenever I feel shitty and I hope we atleast can offer that to him so he can get out of this funk. I've butted heads with zombo a few times and more often than not it was me in the wrong or being in my feelings but as far as hockey league friends go, I'd count him was one of my better ones on this site for sure.

Buffalo Scourge

It's kind of a little ironic. Buffalo began as I was under the impression T O X I C I T Y and regardless of that we're in our second finals in 3 years? (I think) with most of the team if not all being built from the draft with fuck all FA luck. For a long time I think there was a baity attitude that in all honesty has been dropped (bar my brainlet of a GM WBF dropping low energy comments on media) or the BuffaBro's jumping into a thread when somebodys firing shots (Wow! Kung Pow!!!!). The mass majority of us don't really bother to peruse media/threads/drama unless there's a tag or something out of the ordinary. Really by this point, it's mostly Slash being a chimp in threads by posting some incredibly dumb comments as he's devolved to past samees level (although by this point it seems samee is trying to travel back in time by literally chirping at everything around him for whatever reason) I actively dread entering Buffalo related threads because I can bet 99% of the time it's slash being a fucking moron and trying to drag people down to argue with him. I shared a LR with slash during the "explain" era which he didn't cover himself in any glory during, but I don't in the slightest thing he's a homophobe , nor do I ever believe for a second that Dude is a racist because he dropped the taboo word. I'm sure at somepoint slash will grow out of it or he's already self aware that he's playing the fool for the site since we lost the likes of Formx or PenKnight. It's kind of ironic that it's essentially flipped on its head where for a large period of time it would be Stampede members stirring the pot in threads and playing the fool. But whatever it is, I know eventually @SlashACM will grow out of it or whatever's bugging him will pass, same goes with anybody flocking to the boards to be an A L P H A.

Me

I figured I'd wrap this shitty media up with a light summary of where I'm at. I think I've been on the SHL for close to two years by this stage and alot's happened for me during that. I came out of a relatively long term relationship, been depressed for awhile, lost alot of weight, tryed to kill myself a number of times. Started lifting, fixed my diet, broke my collarbone twice in 9 months, lost weight again and gained it all back. I think as much as I don't really follow the site, it did lead me to a place to bounce ideas and depression induced thoughts off of, that being the Buffalo LR. In a way it's among other little pockets of communities (other sim leagues and non leagues) helped me attempt and succeed in bettering myself and the social interaction and relative friendship has in turn helped me develop and break through the barrier of depression. I think it's very easy to get to a point where you drop back in it and I don't let that deceive me. For me these sim leagues definetly act as a coping mechanism that in the past I've become too involved in and relied on too heavily for sure, I think I'm at a point where I realise at what point I can essentially self medicate (in the non traditional sense) and fix my issues through my own intervention, and at what point do I need to just throw whats bothering me out there and ask advice from somebody in a discord LR of mine. I think I'm in a much better place holistically then I was this time nearly two years ago and I hope for my sakes that this continues in the same fashion.

I don't write media all that often but I figured I'd throw down some of my thoughts about the league and more here.

You’re very highly amusing. My mirth knows no bounds at your gleeful expression of hilarity and humility

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

i forgot a few people like jss who was in the lr for awhile before hopping to the small pee pee seattle riot who are now the tampa bay barracudians. jss a cool guy and I miss the days where he would throw some shit canadian rap drill music into a channel somewhere. he is big buffalo enemy but a good friend and if we combine our low iq brain energy then i reckon between us we could create a good sim league player cuz lagerfield n lavelle sucks but Lavellefield or Lagerlavelle would be p good

07-23-2019, 05:51 PMWhite Cornerback Wrote: i forgot a few people like jss who was in the lr for awhile before hopping to the small pee pee seattle riot who are now the tampa bay barracudians. jss a cool guy and I miss the days where he would throw some shit canadian rap drill music into a channel somewhere. he is big buffalo enemy but a good friend and if we combine our low iq brain energy then i reckon between us we could create a good sim league player cuz lagerfield n lavelle sucks but Lavellefield or Lagerlavelle would be p good

Bowdown

[Image: 3.png]

@White Cornerback show ur peen in sig

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

@White Cornerback but really this was a good read

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

You ever bang that NY 9? ya know, in remembrance of @Dawegg

@White Cornerback

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]