Create Account

Kelowna GM Statement + Presser
(This post was last modified: 07-23-2019, 11:52 AM by NJBadApple.)

Ready for grading

[Image: cut.jpg]

Four years, three months, and five days since I joined the SHL and began something that I had no clue would have such depth to it.  I won't make this terribly long but I'm just thankful to be given my first Head GM position in the SHL.  I've held one in the GOMHL, but it pales in comparison to here.

To those reading, and especially those eligible for the upcoming SMJHL Draft; Kelowna is where you want to be.  If you didn't like the way Zoone ran things, I can't promise a good time.  You'll get an incredible atmosphere with some incredible people in our locker room.  We've been lucky enough to have some of SHL's best personalities and players come through our organization, and you'll get the feeling of home the second you arrive.  You'll make some of your closest friends and learn an infinite amount in your short time in the SMJHL, but you're always welcomed back of course.

Let's knock out a short presser while we're at it, shoot me some questions if you have any!:

Code:
How do the Knights plan on rebounding from this previous season?
I said it in my application for the Head GM job but this draft is huge for us, it's going to dictate our direction & success for the next 2-4 seasons.  We have some awesome key pieces in place like Devitt, Weekes, Gutierrez to go along with older players like Novotny, LeBlanc, Puhcheese, Malichov, Scherbak, etc.  If you take those names and combine them with some of the top prospects we're looking to grab at the draft, we're going to be a real threat for the foreseeable future.  We've put ourselves in a position where we hold the upper hand not only in draft position, but in leverage in any trades that we may make in the future.

Code:
Any ideology changes incoming on how to build a team?
I don't think anything major.  In my history of GM both here and other leagues, I like to be pretty active on the trade front.  As a GM if you're not looking to improve your team on an almost-constant basis, then you really aren't doing your job.  That's not to say that if something is working you should change it anyway... find something that works and stick with that, plain & simple.

Code:
Which team is the biggest threat in the SMJHL? Which is the least?
I don't think there's a team that you could say is the LEAST threat; every team holds some sort of challenge that you have to face.  When it comes to the toughest teams I think St. Louis has been the most consistent team in terms of success in the past 10 seasons or so.  Anaheim is also on my radar as well, because I'm pretty close with Dangles from our time in Texas together.  He's incredibly capable of putting together an elite team as well as making them do some heavy damage on the ice.  One of the true masters of STHS.

Code:
Anything to say to incoming prospects on why Kelowna should be a place where they should look forward playing for?
All you have to do is talk with some of the Kelowna alumni & current players to find out what makes Kelowna such a special place for everyone that has come through the organization.  Personally I've been a part of three SMJHL locker rooms since 2015 (MTL, STL, KEL) and the Knights top the list for me in terms of welcoming atmosphere, activity, making friends, and retention for newer members.  To the new members; if you're looking for a friendly atmosphere where you can freely communicate, shoot the breeze, learn, and have fun, then say no more.  Welcome to Kelowna.

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

How do the Knights plan on rebounding from this previous season?

Any ideology changes incoming on how to build a team?

Which team is the biggest threat in the SMJHL? Which is the least?

Anything to say to incoming prospects on why Kelowna should be a place where they should look forward playing for?

@Carpy48, @sulovilen, and @Ragnar are signature gods
[Image: MaverickLegend.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png] [Image: zyyvIFD.png]
Dragonite

Updated

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

@NJBadApple congrats man. I know you'll make us Rene boys proud.

[Image: 54855_s.gif]

Knights ||  Patriotes

Whalers|| Renegades ||  Patriotes ||  Finland

Renegades ||Militia ||Canada  

[Image: jearim.gif]
(This post was last modified: 07-22-2019, 07:42 PM by Leafs4ever.)

Don't forget to mark "ready for grading" when done.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
0-0-0
Regular Season - [G 0] [A 0] [Pts 0] [+/- 0] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 0]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]