Create Account

GM/Co GM Standards
(This post was last modified: 07-27-2019, 10:28 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

Some of the recent shit storms got me wondering why GM's and co GMs are allowed to partake in these TD posts that have have the ability to push members off this site.

There are 16 GM jobs and hundreds of active members, many of them dreaming of those jobs, many are qualified for those jobs.. but are never going to get one.

Shouldnt these prestigous jobs on the site have an accountability not just to themselves and there team mates... but to the health of the league and the site in general? Shouldnt our GM's be our front line representatives of this site?... well it doesnt feel that way because theres always a boat load of SHL GMs in these posts helping to push other teams players into leaving. and yes i said other teams players cause no GM is going to be apart of TDing there own player out the door.

PenKnight may or may not have deserved the backlash he got... but theres no question that Nola lost a valuable player for there future and up to 50% of the GM's played a part in socialy outcasting him out the door. Same situation with King... if the players feel its important to speak up against them.. seems reasonable.. but GM's dont need to be apart of that.

I propose that a rule be put in place that GM's and Co' GM's should not be allowed to partake in a thunderdome post that doesnt directly relate to them. If they are the ones directly being called out then its fair game to defend themselves... but if there not, they should stay clear of the oppertunity of hurting other peoples teams and maintain that 3 prong duty to themselves, there teams and the health of the league.

@Eggy216, @Slappydoodle, @ztevans, @SDCore, @Dangles13, @Leafs4ever

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

im gonna have to say no to that chief

GMs and Cos are some of the most active and influential people on the site, and like it or not, the thunderdome often pertains to the entire site, directly or indirectly. A rule like this will probably create more confusion and chaos than anything else.

Also, i guarantee you I would've forgotten about it and gone in anyway, but im not the greatest co that ever lived, so...

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e

This idea has merit, should include HO as well if you're going to make it a rule. Don't necessarily see anyone from current HO positions in these but it has happened in the past.

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

07-27-2019, 03:52 PMBarnabasCollins Wrote: This idea has merit, should include HO as well if you're going to make it a rule. Don't necessarily see anyone from current HO positions in these but it has happened in the past.

im going to assume that HO would still be able to put something saying they lock a thread, because if not thats kinda dum

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e

Hahahahaha no

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

i'm HO wtf

[Image: MvfRxO2.png]
sigs by me bitch

07-27-2019, 03:59 PMadamantium Wrote: i'm HO wtf

@adamantium

Knights|Dragons|Austria

What about if a player on a GM's team gets called out especially in a TD? Shouldn't we be able to defend our players if a thing like that happens?

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

In previous Thunderdomes, there is precedent that many GMs have been a voice of reason because of their history and knowledge of the site.

Only @WannabeFinn should be banished from posting on the forums because he's a troll

Also @Tomen should at least be able to make a team from the viewing members

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

07-27-2019, 04:02 PMkarey Wrote: In previous Thunderdomes, there is precedent that many GMs have been a voice of reason because of their history and knowledge of the site.

Only @WannabeFinn should be banished from posting on the forums because he's a troll
This is a betrayal of the highest order

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

07-27-2019, 04:02 PMTomen Wrote: What about if a player on a GM's team gets called out especially in a TD? Shouldn't we be able to defend our players if a thing like that happens?

Fair question tomen... and i think team mates can do that and people can defend themselves... i dont think GM's should be in there for the above reasons in my OP.

Knights|Dragons|Austria
(This post was last modified: 07-27-2019, 04:09 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

07-27-2019, 04:05 PMWannabeFinn Wrote:
07-27-2019, 04:02 PMkarey Wrote: In previous Thunderdomes, there is precedent that many GMs have been a voice of reason because of their history and knowledge of the site.

This is a betrayal of the highest order

i dont think your a troll WBF, and id guess your probably a rather nice guy.. but this is something that should relate to all 16 GM's who hold an elite and prestigious spot on the site and have an obligation to think about themselves, there teams and the community equally. if someone has a high position then they should be held to a high standard.. right?

Knights|Dragons|Austria

07-27-2019, 04:01 PMMike Izzy Wrote:
07-27-2019, 03:59 PMadamantium Wrote: i'm HO wtf

@adamantium

thank you

[Image: MvfRxO2.png]
sigs by me bitch

So I should just be expected to ignore people's concerns about me and my team because of the subforum they post in?