Create Account

GM/Co GM Standards

07-27-2019, 05:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote:
07-27-2019, 05:15 PMCarbine Wrote: I like this option. Not a complete ban, but an agreement to not go overboard in flaming in TD. GMs need to be the voice of reason more. HO shouldn’t have to babysit them.
When was the last time HO babysat a GM?

I think he's trying to explain HO doesn't have to babysit GMs from going into the TD and keeping them from saying what they want like Izzy is suggesting

[Image: 3.png]

07-27-2019, 05:34 PMObsidian311 Wrote: Just get rid of the thunderdome and suspend people that are shitty to other people. We all come here to have fun. We don't get paid for this shit and we don't have to pay to play. I get it, disagreements happen and feelings get hurt. So calm down and talk to that person. If that doesn't work, just fuckin ignore em. Be good to each other and we will all have a better time.

Now to be on topic, you can't outright ban them but I feel if their post is anything other than something meant to de-escalate the situation it should be viewed as potential suspension material. The GMs and co-gms have a huge role in how the site looks to everyone and having them fanning the flames is a very bad look for the entire league.

Thunderdome needs to go, absolutely agree. Nothing positive comes from it.

But of course, having unpopular opinions means you’re just going to be harassed until you leave the site. Pretty sad that PC culture has invaded this site as well.

[Image: Carbine.gif]
Sig Credit: Suavemente, rum_ham, Turd Ferguson

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

[Image: 711381262207811636.png]

Has anybody Thunderdome'd the Thunderdome?

07-27-2019, 05:51 PMCarbine Wrote:
07-27-2019, 05:34 PMObsidian311 Wrote: Just get rid of the thunderdome and suspend people that are shitty to other people. We all come here to have fun. We don't get paid for this shit and we don't have to pay to play. I get it, disagreements happen and feelings get hurt. So calm down and talk to that person. If that doesn't work, just fuckin ignore em. Be good to each other and we will all have a better time.

Now to be on topic, you can't outright ban them but I feel if their post is anything other than something meant to de-escalate the situation it should be viewed as potential suspension material. The GMs and co-gms have a huge role in how the site looks to everyone and having them fanning the flames is a very bad look for the entire league.

Thunderdome needs to go, absolutely agree. Nothing positive comes from it.

But of course, having unpopular opinions means you’re just going to be harassed until you leave the site. Pretty sad that PC culture has invaded this site as well.

Wouldn’t getting rid of the thunder dome be the very example of PC culture invading the site?

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

yeah @Keygan you owe us a 1OVA Cheers

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

07-27-2019, 06:03 PMtweedledunn Wrote: yeah @Keygan you owe us a 1OVA Cheers

You could have had first overall 6 times over if you had just drafted more recruitees.

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

keep the thunderdome forever

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

Is it the Thunderdome or the users?

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

07-27-2019, 06:02 PMEggy216 Wrote:
07-27-2019, 05:51 PMCarbine Wrote: Thunderdome needs to go, absolutely agree. Nothing positive comes from it.

Wouldn’t getting rid of the thunder dome be the very example of PC culture invading the site?
When you put it that way, yeah I can see how one could take that stance.

My biggest gripe with the Thunderdome, one that I’m sure is shared by more than a few people here, is that the Thunderdome is used to air people’s dirty laundry for the whole community to see. If one is truly offended by what someone has to say on Discord it should be brought to the GMs and HOs attention in private, not posted in Thunderdome for the outrage mob to circlejerk over.

Simply put, no more witch hunts.

07-27-2019, 06:20 PMCarbine Wrote:
07-27-2019, 06:02 PMEggy216 Wrote: Wouldn’t getting rid of the thunder dome be the very example of PC culture invading the site?

My biggest gripe with the Thunderdome, one that I’m sure is shared by more than a few people here, is that the Thunderdome is used to air people’s dirty laundry for the whole community to see. If one is truly offended by what someone has to say on Discord it should be brought to the GMs and HOs attention in private, not posted in Thunderdome for the outrage mob to circlejerk over.

I think people should know a lot of the shit that’s gets posted in the td

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers

07-27-2019, 07:04 PMkit Wrote:
07-27-2019, 06:20 PMCarbine Wrote: When you put it that way, yeah I can see how one could take that stance.

I think people should know a lot of the shit that’s gets posted in the td
Like I said, airing people’s dirty laundry in a public setting brings nothing but negativity and toxicity. HO should be the only ones dealing with members violating our rules, not the outrage mob.

07-27-2019, 07:53 PMCarbine Wrote:
07-27-2019, 07:04 PMkit Wrote: I think people should know a lot of the shit that’s gets posted in the td
Like I said, airing people’s dirty laundry in a public setting brings nothing but negativity and toxicity. HO should be the only ones dealing with members violating our rules, not the outrage mob.

King and Penknight didn't break any rules though. King used a loophole what like 18 months ago and people whined about it for no god damn reason and chased him away. Penknight was chased away for single out a population and acting like a POS after getting called out.

07-27-2019, 06:20 PMCarbine Wrote:
07-27-2019, 06:02 PMEggy216 Wrote: Wouldn’t getting rid of the thunder dome be the very example of PC culture invading the site?

I mean I hate the thunderdome as much as anyone, and a lot of people mention wanting to see it deleted. Truthfully the one thing it helps with, all the shit ends up in one easy to avoid spot.

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia
(This post was last modified: 07-27-2019, 09:31 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

07-27-2019, 09:05 PMEggy216 Wrote:
07-27-2019, 06:20 PMCarbine Wrote: When you put it that way, yeah I can see how one could take that stance.

I mean I hate the thunderdome as much as anyone, and a lot of people mention wanting to see it deleted. Truthfully the one thing it helps with, all the shit ends up in one easy to avoid spot.

i dont want to see the TD go at all... i may not be its biggest fan but people enjoy it.  the problem is theres a line between the normal shit that goes on in there and the protection of members... and over the past few weeks weve seen the worst timeline for what the thunderdome can be used for.

Look if someone goes on the site and talks about other peoples prospects there facing 3 lost draft picks and suspension... but the site elders have looked away while a few members got socially assasinated last month in front of a studio audience.... just seems like we can chew gum and walk at the same time... create defined rules to protect our members and be cognisant of letting people say what they want... i think a good start is holding our GM's to higher standards...

if a top prospect leaves the site from a TD bashing.. how does that affect that team and how does that benifit the teams competing against them?.... what’s to say this couldnt be on the minds of any or all the GM's while there helping tap out other teams players?

I cant say i talked with King allot... but i got a message from him when he was going through that shit.. we talked for a bit... dude was asking what to do?.. feeling completely defenceless against a whole site of vitriol... that shouldnt be what the TD is about....no members should have to log in and feel that way from some area on the site that allows people to be D-bags to each other....We should at least Hold the GMs accountable for not enabling that cause they are on the leagues front line and should be responsable for protecting the health and welfare of this site.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

07-27-2019, 09:21 PMMike Izzy Wrote:
07-27-2019, 09:05 PMEggy216 Wrote: I mean I hate the thunderdome as much as anyone, and a lot of people mention wanting to see it deleted. Truthfully the one thing it helps with, all the shit ends up in one easy to avoid spot.

i dont want to see the TD go at all... i may not be its biggest fan but people enjoy it.  the problem is theres a line between the normal shit that goes on in there and the protection of members... and over the past few weeks weve seen the worst timeline for what the thunderdome can be used for.

Look if someone goes on the site and talks about other peoples prospects there facing 3 lost draft picks and suspension... but the site elders have looked away while a few members got socially assasinated last month in front of a studio audience.... just seems like we can chew gum and walk at the same time... create defined rules to protect our members and be cognisant of letting people say what they want... i think a good start is holding our GM's to higher standards...

if a top prospect leaves the site from a TD bashing.. how does that affect that team and how does that benifit the teams competing against them?.... what’s to say this couldnt be on the minds of any or all the GM's while there helping tap out other teams players?

I cant say i talked with King allot... but i got a message from him when he was going through that shit.. we talked for a bit... dude was asking what to do?.. feeling completely defenceless against a whole site of vitriol... that shouldnt be what the TD is about....no members should have to log in and feel that way from some area on the site that allows people to be D-bags to each other....We should at least Hold the GMs accountable for not enabling that cause they are on the leagues front line and should be responsable for protecting the health and welfare of this site.

Hey Mike, hope you're having a good day. Please enjoy this image I found, hopefully it makes you laugh!

Xoxo slash

[Image: def244b.jpg]

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]