Create Account

GM/Co GM Standards

GMs sometimes need to call out bullshit too.

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

I'm in agreement with just about everyone here

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

07-27-2019, 10:17 PMNJBadApple Wrote: I'm in agreement with just about everyone here

what does that mean you centrist

It definitely sucks to see GMs accused of running people off the site. I think GMs have been held to a proper standard, and we already have conduct rules that apply to all forum members. I don't think anyone was run off the site, and all recent departees left of their own will, so I just don't see what is drawing the target on GMs here. If you have a grievance with a specific GM, then I'd encourage you to express that to the HO/owners/your GM/someone, and I think any such complaint should be reviewed, but it's hard for me to accept pinning anyone with the blame of someone choosing to leave the site rather than own their shit.

[Image: Grapehead.gif]
TY NOKA AND VALOR FOR THESE WORKS OF ART
Player Page | Update Page

Stars Battleborn Czechia

Have y'all ever tried just not being GM? It's worked out great for me and my team. Solves everything

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

07-27-2019, 11:29 PM.bojo Wrote: Have y'all ever tried just not being GM? It's worked out great for me and my team. Solves everything

Can confirm. Detroit S32 Four Star Cup and Winnipeg S37 Challenge Cup were all thanks to me stepping down. Convince me otherwise.

[Image: zdenkoberanek.gif]
Sigs by @enigmatic, @Geekusoid, @sve7en  and @Wasty 
Zach Evans
 | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

I would love to hear more about this secret alliance of GMs that decides to vote people off the island because I was not invited and now I'm scared that means they're voting me next

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

07-27-2019, 11:52 PMztevans Wrote:
07-27-2019, 11:29 PM.bojo Wrote: Have y'all ever tried just not being GM? It's worked out great for me and my team. Solves everything

Can confirm.  Detroit S32 Four Star Cup and Winnipeg S37 Challenge Cup were all thanks to me stepping down.  Convince me otherwise.

Can't step down unless you step up first.

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

07-27-2019, 10:17 PMNJBadApple Wrote: I'm in agreement with just about everyone here

How about instead of "pound the fucking body" you "pound a fucking side" mkay

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

07-27-2019, 10:27 PMGrapehead Wrote: It definitely sucks to see GMs accused of running people off the site. I think GMs have been held to a proper standard, and we already have conduct rules that apply to all forum members. I don't think anyone was run off the site, and all recent departees left of their own will, so I just don't see what is drawing the target on GMs here. If you have a grievance with a specific GM, then I'd encourage you to express that to the HO/owners/your GM/someone, and I think any such complaint should be reviewed, but it's hard for me to accept pinning anyone with the blame of someone choosing to leave the site rather than own their shit.

I'm not sure how you can think that people who were verbally attacked and harassed for several days in a row by a significant portion of the site weren't run off, but sure.

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

For real though, calling out PenKnight WAS the community calling for a higher standard of interacting with each other and was not some insidious plot to screw NOLA out of a prospect. He was told multiple times he didn't have to leave and he kept coming back being even shittier. He chased himself out, despite what all the people who want to complain about PC culture with their heads stuck in the sand want to say. We as a community focused site need to be able to side with a group of users who feel marginalized by one person or risk losing a bunch of wonderful members for the sake of retaining one guy who turned out to be a prick.

King on the other hand was absolutely targeted by a couple of individuals but not by the GMs as a group, in fact most GMs were in that thread defending him.

I know you said 16 GMs so maybe SMJHL GMs don't carry enough weight around here to matter but my opinion is that this is a non issue. I can really only think of one GM involved in either in those incidents that was in there actually driving a member out rather than coming to the defense of a member/group of members. If our voices are supposed to carry weight then placing limitations on our ability to voice them in relevant discussions affecting the site (like the TD or not, what goes on in there is sometimes relevant) only hampers our ability to be the voice of reason people expect from leadership positions.

So Izzy I do get where you're coming from as far as wanting GMs to be consistently positive influences on the community but I think there's a very big difference between GMs participating in TDs and your belief that GMs are in there beating the war drums trying to gain a competitive advantage by driving opposing players off the site. If that were happening then we'd have a pretty substantial issue as a community but it's just simply not the reality.

07-28-2019, 12:23 AMnotorioustig Wrote: I would love to hear more about this secret alliance of GMs that decides to vote people off the island because I was not invited and now I'm scared that means they're voting me next

currently the ballots are in 80% favour of kicking you out

sorry Tig it was fun working with you

[Image: owenm43.gif]
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]

07-28-2019, 01:06 AMFlareon4043 Wrote:
07-28-2019, 12:23 AMnotorioustig Wrote: I would love to hear more about this secret alliance of GMs that decides to vote people off the island because I was not invited and now I'm scared that means they're voting me next

currently the ballots are in 80% favour of kicking you out

You voted no, right?

07-28-2019, 01:07 AMnotorioustig Wrote:
07-28-2019, 01:06 AMFlareon4043 Wrote: currently the ballots are in 80% favour of kicking you out

You voted no, right?

I don't see how this is relevant tbh

[Image: owenm43.gif]
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]

07-28-2019, 01:09 AMFlareon4043 Wrote:
07-28-2019, 01:07 AMnotorioustig Wrote: You voted no, right?

I don't see how this is relevant tbh

Top 10 Anime Betrayals