Create Account

S49 Interested Prospects Thread
(This post was last modified: 07-30-2019, 10:42 PM by Cbott81.)

1. Have you been in any Sim Leagues before? If yes, what kind & how long? (Every sport matters)
nope I'm a virgin

2. What is more important to you, winning championships or building a close-knit locker room?
CHIPS but you typically need a good locker room to get there so both

3. What sort of player are you aiming to build? (NHL comparable)
scott niedermayer my god what a legend

4. How long do you want to stay in the SMJHL before going up to the SHL? (2-4 seasons is normal)
trying to get the call up as soon as possible - kid needs that one way contract and big league puck bunnies

5. How much of a focus do you have on doing media and/or graphics?
none

6. What do you think you can bring to the locker-room/team?
Pretty selfless all around team guy - couple good stories and pranks - on the ice good decision making, skating and speed, decision making

7. Post your favorite hockey-related photo!
The photo embed isnt working for me but crosby in the corner after the gold medal goal in 2010

8. What are your hobbies/interests outside of hockey? (gaming, other sports, music, etc.).
Golf, my dog, crossfit, spending time with the boys, spikeball, beer, ganja

9. Are you actually interested in playing for the Kelowna Knights?
sure

Stacy Jefferson Jr. - Defence #29 
(This post was last modified: 07-30-2019, 10:53 PM by Ferda.)

1. Have you been in any Sim Leagues before? If yes, what kind & how long? (Every sport matters)
No.

2. What is more important to you, winning championships or building a close-knit locker room?
Winning above everything. The boys will understand when we win.

A solid 2-way D-man similar to Nicklas Lidstrom.

4. How long do you want to stay in the SMJHL before going up to the SHL? (2-4 seasons is normal)
Around 2-3 seasons depending on my development.

I'm only mildly interested in creating media, but I'll look into making some articles once I have settled in on my team.

I bring a high compete level that I expect from everyone around. This may result in my butting heads with others, but at the day I still love my teammates and want what's best for them. FERDA.

Tense Idioitic Asian Porcupine - Google it if the link isn't working.

8. What are your hobbies/interests outside of hockey? (gaming, other sports, music, etc.).
Gaming, volleyball and computers

Yes, it would be an amazing opportunity to be part of the Knights and I believe that I am more than ready to be a top contributor for the team, both on and off the ice.

10. Anything else you would like us to know?
Wherever I end up, I hope for many fun seasons of competition either as a Knight or against your organization.

[Image: image.png]
[Image: dankestmemes69420.gif]

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]
Armada        Canada        Stampede
Falcons        Usa

Never

I wanna win baby! 

Really good two way player, responsible on defense but still good on offense, Barkov would be the comparable

3 or 4

Not much, could change though

Hopefully some wins and good vibes

[Image: brad-marchand.jpg?quality=90&w=650&h=373]

Gaming, lots of xbox, mainly apex legends rn. I also play some guitar

For sure bud

Noooope

Yes. I am in my third season with the NSFL.
A close-knit locker room.
Something like Marc Andre Fluery.
I've heard that goalies need a longer time to develop, so I am willing to spent 4 seasons.
Not much. I just don't like doing them. Feels like school.
A stats nerd.
https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/sites/...vesusa.jpg
Video games, anime/manga, tabletop games like Dungeons & Dragons.
I'd like to go with a team that needs a backup goalie, but I'd be fine playing for you.

As I am still in high school, my activity level might drop when the year starts up again. Rest assured, I will still be active.
(This post was last modified: 07-31-2019, 02:03 AM by AlwaysGettingHaxed.)

1. Have you been in any Sim Leagues before? If yes, what kind & how long? (Every sport matters) Yes, recreating.  Former player was Zallerras “Big Z” Szlerchek (S19-S34?).  Also was on GOMHL for a few seasons.

2. What is more important to you, winning championships or building a close-knit locker room? Perhaps both?

3. What sort of player are you aiming to build? (NHL comparable) Two-way Sniper, not really sure who compares with this.

4. How long do you want to stay in the SMJHL before going up to the SHL? (2-4 seasons is normal) Not sure, lot has changed since Big Z played (jumped to SHL after 1 season).

5. How much of a focus do you have on doing media and/or graphics? Will do some media from time to time.

6. What do you think you can bring to the locker-room/team? Not really sure, things have changed greatly.  Perhaps help some newer players with some advice from past experience.

[Image: 53149de7f71cb8caded9f7974a2647f3.jpg]
8. What are your hobbies/interests outside of hockey? (gaming, other sports, music, etc.). Gaming, guitar, bowling, watch baseball, Formula one soccer, most any sport.

9. Are you actually interested in playing for the Kelowna Knights? Will play for whoever will take me.  SMJHL is more important about helping teach players how to build players for the SHL.

10. Anything else you would like us to know? Think you have most info you need at the moment.

[Image: BUzKbLn.png]

[Image: 5p7vOwY.png]  |  [Image: NA3IV5m.png]

- I've played a good amount of EHM, but only offline. 

- A close locker room is one stepping stone to winning. You can't win without it. 

- Quick, hard-forechecking, undersized, semi-pest. Brendan Gallagher. 

- As long as the organization determines. I'll let the front office focus on their work so that I can focus on mine on the ice. 

- I don't have much graphic experience, (see avatar). I imagine I'll write a few media things here and there. 

- Energy on the ice, I know my role and can go out buzzing for 30-45 seconds to keep the opposition hemmed in their own end then quick line change and let the skill boys do their work. I feel that I can add some levity to challenging situations. Sometimes a bit of humor is needed to deflated some tension so the group can relax and focus on the task at hand. 

[Image: Jra5slZ.jpg]

- Cars in general, actually play beer league hockey. Going to bars more than I probably should. 

- Yes. 

- I learned to snap my fingers last year. 

Partario Scarangella - RW - Kelowna Knights - Workout Schedule
[Image: HtBTZ76.jpg] Partario #6527
(This post was last modified: 07-31-2019, 07:48 AM by kuschy.)

Yes, American Football, for about 5 years

Winning championships not going without a close locker room, so have a good locker room is the first step of winning championships

Something like Roman Josi, Shea Webber

It depents of my development in the League, so it could be 3 or more seasons till i'm r

Writing articles will be my main source of income depside of a contract

I want to help the other players to improve, on and off the field so i will always be there for the others and support them, and maybe some jokes

[Image: 17265088_1796343824021596_65541523096938...e=5DD888B3]

Cooking, Travell, be with friends

Yea, of course

i will cook for the hole team on a teamevent

[Image: sBbbJmN.png]
Thank you @ToeDragon84
[Image: 431fb2-1569327124.png]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is my first sim experience

I feel in the end I want to be winning and hopefully doing my own small part on the way

Bit gritty defender that still should not be too much liability defencively.

As long I need, but with how active i quess i'll be i think it will be closer to 4 and I would assume there should be relatively high supply for average defenders

Unless I get very into this I most likely wont be doing much.

To be totally honest that is what im here trying to find out, hopefully at least active enough to contribute to teams success.

[Image: mikael-granlund-ilmaveivi.jpg]

For very long time gaming (PC, shooters/strategy) has been my only hobby

As totally new player from europe I really can't say any team or location makes differece to me. 

As draft closes I decided to write this on phone and that might have negative effect on formating, lenght and language in general.

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

No I have not.
I want to win but I also want to make friends and have a great time on the way.
I'm looking to build a pass first playmaking center. Henrik Sedin would be a comparable.
I'm leaning towards 3 years to have a solid run with my team before moving to the SHL. I would strongly consider a 4th season if we are major contenders.
Its not something I've done much of but it could be interesting.
I want to bring a winning attitude and help be a part of a contender. I'm willing to put in the effort needed and cooperate with my team to give us the best chance of winning. 
[Image: zdeno-chara.jpg]
I'm a big fan of gaming, both tabletop and online. Other than hockey I'm a big football fan and played when I was younger.
Yes. This team looks to be in a good place to build for the future and I would love to be a part of that plan.
I think that covers most things. If you have any questions please sent me a message.

Scarecrows Colton Strudwick - Center - St. Louis Scarecrows Scarecrows

CAPP HATTER - RW
None. But I'm excited to throw my hat into the ring and immerse myself in SHL culture.
Most important is taking your boys with you to the ship and coming back champion brothers
I wear many hats. I'm want to be a versatile player ready to plug and play in any situation
I see myself staying junior for 2-3 seasons. If the right team finds me and fits like a snug winter toque, I'd consider sticking around
Willing to put my hat on and got to work. Wherever needed.
Hats.
[Image: hat-trick_BannerWeb.jpg]
Millinery. I'll make you the finest hat this side of the Rockies
I'm interested in playing for a team that will help foster my growth and development. I can see myself in the Kelowna Knights All Time Records thread with the likes of Nickolas Klaus and Alex Light
Free Hat!

1. Have you been in any Sim Leagues before? If yes, what kind & how long? (Every sport matters) no

2. What is more important to you, winning championships or building a close-knit locker room? why not both

3. What sort of player are you aiming to build? (NHL comparable) A Joe Thornton type

4. How long do you want to stay in the SMJHL before going up to the SHL? (2-4 seasons is normal) 3 seasons max

5. How much of a focus do you have on doing media and/or graphics? I could do some writing

6. What do you think you can bring to the locker-room/team? Positive leadership

7. Post your favorite hockey-related photo! Brad Marchand crying after losing in the finals

8. What are your hobbies/interests outside of hockey? (gaming, other sports, music, etc.). gaming, hiking

9. Are you actually interested in playing for the Kelowna Knights? yes

Nope, this is my first time.

I'd rather be port of a great locker room thats losing than a miserable winning team.

I'd like to compare my overall build plan to a guy like Landeskog.

3-4 seasons is the plan so far, so that I can get some idea of what the community is like and how the whole things works.

A little. I plan to do some writing. 

I think I can bring an easy going attitude that wont be abrasive and hopefully well liked.

Not sure if I can find it but there is a terrific photo of Mike Smith delivering a check to a Wild player (I forget who) from last season. Fantastic photo.

Im a big fan of StarCraft 2, although I dont play anymore. Other than that I follow the NHL and the AFL when it comes to sports. I enjoy Hiking, reading, working out and I also brew my own beer. As far as music goes I have a pretty wide taste. Anything from old jazz and folk music to disco or dance music to black metal. 

I wouldnt say I know enough about the league or the teams to want to play for a specific team so I guess my answer would have to be no as I dont want to play for the knights any more than I want to play for any of the other teams.

Nope, I think thats it.

1. Have you been in any Sim Leagues before? If yes, what kind & how long? (Every sport matters)   Negative - first time I even knew these existed was yesterday.   But that wont stop me!

2. What is more important to you, winning championships or building a close-knit locker room?  In juniors specifically I would go with a locker room.   I feel this league should be high on player development.   Don't get me wrong - I want to kick ass.   But ahead of the bigs - who cares?

3. What sort of player are you aiming to build? (NHL comparable)  I'm going with playmaker forward (center) with a bit of offense.   Evgeny Kuznetsov type (2017-2018 not 2018-2019)

4. How long do you want to stay in the SMJHL before going up to the SHL? (2-4 seasons is normal)  I'd guess I'd go with the "normal" 2-4 seasons, but as I don't have anything to base that on other than your question that is completely subject to change.   I could definitely see value in building a team up for multiple years though.

5. How much of a focus do you have on doing media and/or graphics?  I'd likely be more media than graphics as I'm about as good as a golden retriever when it comes to photoshop

6. What do you think you can bring to the locker-room/team?   When I get into things - I tend to go in deep.   SHL has definitely caught my attention and I plan to keep it that way.   I'm a big numbers guy so I love the stats and will happily lend a hand to others once I can bring something to the table.   And I'm fucking awesome too.

7. Post your favorite hockey-related photo!    [Image: 5b1ad0dbd22472717e40f097?ops=max(650,0),quality(80)]

8. What are your hobbies/interests outside of hockey? (gaming, other sports, music, etc.).   I've recently discovered tabletop games - I ride my bike when I'm not too lazy - and caught the Tesla bug

9. Are you actually interested in playing for the Kelowna Knights?   Honestly I'm interested in any team that wants to work with me to develop my player and has a good team dynamic.   But since I am VERY new to this - I have no bias or favorites as far as teams go.

10. Anything else you would like us to know?  Did I mention I'm awesome?

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King

1. Have you been in any Sim Leagues before? If yes, what kind & how long? (Every sport matters) None.

2. What is more important to you, winning championships or building a close-knit locker room? Close knit locker room.

3. What sort of player are you aiming to build? (NHL comparable) Erik Karlsson

4. How long do you want to stay in the SMJHL before going up to the SHL? (2-4 seasons is normal) 2-3

5. How much of a focus do you have on doing media and/or graphics? Not sure yet.

6. What do you think you can bring to the locker-room/team? Happiness.

7. Post your favorite hockey-related photo! Don't have one, sorry.

8. What are your hobbies/interests outside of hockey? (gaming, other sports, music, etc.). Chatting with friends, watching youtube, projects.

9. Are you actually interested in playing for the Kelowna Knights? Yeah.

10. Anything else you would like us to know? No

SHL was my first league in December 2016, since then I've been in a whole bunch.

WInning

Bergeron

2-3 seasons

I will do some if I need to, but I already have a good sized bank from my last player

Myself

[Image: 240px-Bobby_Orr_in_mid-air_%281970%29.jpg] I'm in Parry Sound right now so I'll give it a local one

Football, video games, coding

Sure

Nope

[Image: symmetrik.gif]

Prince George Firebirds GM (S34-S36)
Toronto North Stars GM (S37-S43)
[Image: XtyrY3M.png]