Create Account

S49 Montreal Militia Interested Prospects

[Image: vcU4f6i.png]

Welcome interested prospects!
I am Fuzz, the new General Manager of the Montreal Militia. I am looking forward to taking over and building this team back to the perennial contender it once was.

The team has taken a slight dip but is only one season removed from an appearance in the Four Star Cup Finals! We are looking for the right players and personalities to join the roster and help take this team in the right direction. Without further ado, we have some questions for you all to answer so we can get to know you a little better!

1- What is your player name and position?
2- If you are a forward, are you pass-first or shoot-first? If you are a defenseman, are you offensively minded, defensively minded, or play a solid two-way game?
3- Is this your first time participating in the SHL? If not, are you coming back from a break or were you in the SHL last season?
4- For new players, navigating the forum is always a little rough in the beginning. It's okay, we were all there at some point. Is there anything we can help you with in terms of site navigation, updating your player, etc? (You don't have to state specific)
5- Do you use discord? If not, would you be open to joining discord?
6- On a scale of 1-10, please rate how active you plan on being on the site and in discord
7- Are you open to positional changes or build changes to help fit the team's needs?
8- What is more important: winning a championship, or being a part of a close-knit group that has a good time together?
9- How long do you plan on staying in the juniors? (2-4 seasons)

Thank you for your interest in the Montreal Militia! We hope to get in touch with you shortly!

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

Mitchell Maverick - Goalie

2- If you are a forward, are you pass-first or shoot-first? If you are a defenseman, are you offensively minded, defensively minded, or play a solid two-way game?
Strong skating goalie

3- Is this your first time participating in the SHL? If not, are you coming back from a break or were you in the SHL last season?
Coming back from a break.

4- For new players, navigating the forum is always a little rough in the beginning. It's okay, we were all there at some point. Is there anything we can help you with in terms of site navigation, updating your player, etc? (You don't have to state specific)
Forum is easier to navigate then I remember. Nice you can close certain sections

Yup!
6- On a scale of 1-10, please rate how active you plan on being on the site and in discord
You can always reach me on Discord. Currently very active but it will go up and down.

7- Are you open to positional changes or build changes to help fit the team's needs?
Open to advice

8- What is more important: winning a championship, or being a part of a close-knit group that has a good time together?
Being apart of a fun team is always the best tbh.

Probably long due to SHL goalie spots.

@Carpy48, @sulovilen, and @Ragnar are signature gods
[Image: MaverickLegend.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png] [Image: zyyvIFD.png]
Dragonite

Ryan Shepard, Center.

2- If you are a forward, are you pass-first or shoot-first?
Pass first.

It's my first time.

I think I've mostly got it figured out. I'll have to do my player updates later on, but I don't mind asking if I need help with something. Thanks.

Yes I have discord. I have no issue joining a team discord upon being drafted.

Preferably not, I'd be willing to switch to winger if absolutely needed. I was unaware we could change position.

I'd take last place and an active group over a dead group that wins.

From the couple averages I've seen, 3 seems a good number. Maybe 4 since I'm a new player, not entirely sure how it will play out.

[Image: jrousseau.gif]
[Image: j7ebBxQ.png] [Image: FbT2Pb1.png]
Canada Knights Canada Knights Canada
(This post was last modified: 07-29-2019, 09:46 PM by Patey.)

Johnny Patey - Center[/align]
Shoot first
First time
I will have loads of questions as the time goes by and will be looking for aid on how to build my player.
I use it, Patey#4267
Very much so
Little bit of both, I would not take a championship if it meant a bad locker room.
As much as I need for my player to be a solid contributor in the SHL

Nikitnory McCrosbov, Center

Shoot-first

This is my first time

Nope

Yes

Yes

Close-knit group

Not sure

Marcus Ohlsson - LW

Pass first

First time

I don't know, it wasn't too bad!

I use it yup

8/9

I'd like to stay at forward, build changes for sure

Being part of a close knit group

2/3 seasons

[Image: ws92zPV.png]
FIRST SHIFT, FIRST GAME, FIRST SHOT, FIRST GOAL
[img=0x0]https://i.ibb.co/4fx7RqP/first-goal.png[/img]

Phineas Gold - LW
Shoot First

Yes

I am just starting, but I assume I will want to learn how tp make money and get the best trainings so I can devlopmy player steadily .

Yes

I am willing to switch to a pass first forward to be better support as the team needs it, but I dont think I would switch to center or defenseman.

Both.  I want to be in a close-knit group and smash a championship with them.

First tiem playing.  Ill say 3 seasons.

[Image: seamus.png]

Credit to Vulfzilla for the awesome render pic
[Image: gXlAFBa.png]|| [Image: 8CbZQAJ.png]

Joseph Weston, LW

Shoot first kind of forward, I'm aiming to be in the right place at the right time to get pucks past the goalie.

Yes, it is

Honestly, the way we're supposed to keep track of TPE and our stat updates seems confusing. Am I supposed to do the activity, get it approved, then post the update? Do I even need to wait for some sort of approval, either from the task or the update thread, before I go propose more changes to my stats?

I do, my username is on the side. Feel free to add me!

7+, I'm usually available in the evenings and nights, but can be flexible to afternoons and mornings. 

I'm always willing to hear tips and advice on how to better my build and be a better goal scorer

I'm not here to be a problem or get into fights with people, but I am here to win. I'd love to get along with the locker room and will do my part in making sure everyone does their best, but I am here to win.

Anywhere from 1-3 seasons, but I'm open and willing to be adaptable based on how much I can develop with the Militia.

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

Ian Venables, Goalie

Strong focus on the fundamentals, the best goalies are the ones who never need to make a flashy save.

This is my first time. I'm super excited!

I'd be most interested in tips for how to efficiently find threads to earn TPE. I was looking earlier, and I can't tell if there's only 1-2 things to do each day or if I'm just bad at finding them.

I do use discord! Definitely open to continuing to use it.

Probably 6-8. I have a life outside this league that I have to maintain, so I can't stay on 24/7. I do expect to log in every day.

I'm definitely open for advice on where I should focus my training, but I'm pretty set on being a goalie.

Winning is definitely first on my list. I do though that a team that can't have fun together won't have the on-ice chemistry to battle through a long post-season.

I have a weather eye on my personal development, I don't want to make the jump to the SHL until I can be sure that I will dominate there. I expect to spend as long as possible in the juniors.

[Image: EsVSFns.png][Image: uzmDXiJ.png]
Sigs by @Carpy48 and @tweedledunn

Niklas Fuhrberg - Wing
2- If you are a forward, are you pass-first or shoot-first? pass first
i was in the shl last season
4- For new players, navigating the forum is always a little rough in the beginning. It's okay, we were all there at some point. Is there anything we can help you with in terms of site navigation, updating your player, etc? (You don't have to state specific)may player build it's my first forward
5- Do you use discord? If not, would you be open to joining discord? yes and yes
6- On a scale of 1-10, please rate how active you plan on being on the site and in discord 8-10
7- Are you open to positional changes or build changes to help fit the team's needs? sure
8- What is more important: winning a championship, or being a part of a close-knit group that has a good time together? the second one
9- How long do you plan on staying in the juniors? (2-4 seasons) 2-3

[Image: P9htSSf.png]
[Image: Sr4Rvg.gif]

#TeamFuhrby
#knightsknation
(This post was last modified: 07-30-2019, 06:06 AM by OrbitingDeath.)

Vorian Atreides, Center

Two way game, shoot first

came back from a break, third player

the site remains a maze even for old players

Yes

8-9

Natural Center but can play on the wing if it would give me more playtime.

Why not both together, that is the most fun.

Whenever im ready for the SHL I plan to move up

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

Axel Caderoth, C

Always shoot-first

First timer

I feel like I understand the forum decently after just a couple of hours. But I could always use a helping hand

I use discord

About a 6

Preferably not, as I have farily specific picture of my playstyle. I could of course change from C to a wing but I would rather not make any larger build changes

I'm all about winning

Probably 3-4 seasons as this is my first time doing a sim league
(This post was last modified: 07-30-2019, 08:06 AM by voltguin.)

Nathaniel Voltguin, RW

Shoot-first forward

First time

It is a bit overwhelming and I'm sure it will get better. I'm not that young so forums like this aren't foreign to me.

I'm not a very active user of Discord for much of anything but I can join 
5-7? I'm your typical office worker, so I'll be lurking/participating when I'm busy "working". I tend to not be glued to the internet in the evenings as much as I used to be.

Open to advice

Both is great. But winning this sort of game isn't going to be as fun as it could be without building relationships.

As long as needed. Since it's my first sim participation maybe on the longer side?
[/quote]

Justin Roy RW

Shoot first forward 

Yes this is my first time

It's a lot to take in at first but I'm getting the hang of it. Accessing links that are posted in discord makes it easier 

Have it and use it

Probably 6-7

Open to advice

I want to avoid a toxic environment of course but winning is most important 

Probably 2-3 seasons but I'll stay longer if it would benefit me

Rob Blake, Goalie

Hmm

First time please be gentle

I think i've got the hang of it so far

Active daily

10 until Sept, then when back in college 6-8.

I'm still new to this, so any advice is appreciated.

Both is preferred

3-4 seasons to develop into a starting goalie (Hoepfully)

[Image: ebpOQb9.png]
Discord: jakeepoo#9727